April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by sachitahara

This product alone is the reason I love MUA. I would never, in a million years, have even fathomed buying chafing relief powder to use on my FACE. I have used all sorts of primers, from the cheap, the expensive, and the useless. After realizing my Napoleon Perdis primer was on its last leg, I got to searching MUA for a new (and potentially disappointing) primer. I had narrowed my options down to Laura Mercier's Primer and the Monistat. I thought, "I don't really want to spend another $40 on primer that probably won't work..why not try this crap for $7?" Went to Target, and while I'll admit that it was kind of awkward buying the chafing relief powder (I purposely kept mentioning how I was going to use it on my face for cosmetic purposes to dispell any judgement), the embarrassment was totally worth it. My foundation and my blush STAY PUT all day, even through working in a salon, riding the bus, walking outside, whatever. I can't really tell any abnormal changes in my skin, and it's already been two weeks of wearing a full face of makeup everyday.

EDIT: I've noticed my skin is severely drying out (I mean patchy, flakes all around my cheeks, where I apply the product), so I'm going to take this out of my beauty regimen for the next few weeks and see what happens. Will update later.

EDIT II: As I worst expected, I had an allergic reaction to the gel. Even though I love my foundation, I was hoping it was that, and not the gel :( I'm not taking any lippies off because I believe in this product, and it DID work, just not for me. But clearly, I can't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried other primers with no success on my sensitive skin. This product was no different. Although I can certainly see why others would love the texture and effect, this broke my skin out in pimples and cysts. I would suggest giving this product a try as a substitute for other primers but be aware that use may cause a breakout.

Update**07/26/08** OK, I still can not use this gel on my sensitive face but I can use it elsewhere as product was originally designed. I wanted to give the product it's due.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have read such rave reviews on this product I bought it last weekend. I have to say it doesn't live up to the hype I've read, however I feel it must be dependent on skin type. I have very dry skin with flaking, so the primer doesn't really improve the dry patches as makeup will still settle into them. However it does a great job on other areas as well as my nose which I could never ever wear foundation on before. I wouldn't say it has had amazing staying power for me, however it has made the makeup application process faster and smoother.

I look forward to trying this product once winter is over and my skin is better... I could see this working better for people with skin that is not flaky or who live in a steady climate [aka not -15 Canada].

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! My initial reaction to this is that it's better than my BE's Prime Time. Prime Time i felt was ok, but within 2-3 hrs, my face is oily, but with monistat, my face is relatively oil free. Well, my face doesn't look very shiny but more glowy b/c of my oils combined with this. I'm hoping that this won't cause me to break out. If it doesn't, I'm planning on dropping a few drops of Vit E and maybe Tea tree oil to "high end" this product up a bit.

------

EDIT: i'm sad to say that this made my face break out. I'm pretty sure it's this because I tested this out during my 10 hr road trip to vegas and once i reached the hotel, my face broke out! This was the only new product on my face at the time. I'm so disappointed. I was hoping I could find a cheap product similar to prime time.... guess not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by LMfanatic

I am always too lazy to write up reviews but I had to for this product. I have this to use on my bikini line after I shave, but decided to give it a go as a primer this morning after having read the reviews on here. Let me tell you, my face looks flawless, and it's been about 9 hours since I put my makeup on! And being an oily-prone girl (and also acne-prone, for that matter) I can honestly say it's kept the oilies at bay. I'm super-impressed. It seems to have also filled in some of my pores, because they aren't nearly as visible as they usually are. I will update this if this makes me break out, but I'll be crossing my fingers that it doesn't. ALSO, a little goes a long way, so the tube should last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by jmcoco

Never in a million year did I think I would one day put anything made by Monistat on my face, but here I am doing it every morning. I used BE prime time and Smashbox photofinish, but I have to say that I prefer the monistat. Smashbox made me oily and BE Primetime was alright, but didn't keep the oilies at bay as well as I would have liked. I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and I am absolutley floored by how well it works. I tell you, I have combo skin and I used to have to touch up maybe 2-3 times a day, but with the Monistat chafing gel I don't even need a touch up for like 8 hours and for 6 bucks...I've found my new love =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Kellex

1. The price of the product cannot be beat. If you're a poor undergrad like me, high-end products are usually not in your budget. This one will run you $7.

2. This took a few days for my skin to get used to. I didn't break out, and I can say with delighted confidence that my skin has IMPROVED very noticeably since I began using this as a primer. Even my boyfriend noticed.

3. I found it best to wait about 5-7 minutes after applying the product before using foundation.

4. Overall, this product is one I plan to incorporate into my morning beauty regiment. Since my skin is on the drier side now because of the cold winter, this lotion really helps to calm down redness and flakes. I am hoping I'll be able to use this in the summer too, to combat oiliness. Highly rec.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading about this on here and on LJ beauty_101, I purchased Monistat. I knew I needed primer because my makeup is usually melted off by lunchtime, no matter how much I powder, and I wanted to try something cheap.
This stuff is amazing! Yesterday I worked 14 hours and my makeup was still on when I got home from work. I have ridiculously oily skin so I still get some breakthrough shine, but it's nothing compared to how it was before Monistat.
Monistat! Who knew?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by sanckensmom

Sorry to be the lone descenter, but I am a primer junky...turing 40 in a few months and have lines on my forehead, laugh lines, one between my eyes and large pores on the side of my nose (pretty, huh?! lol)..I do not use a primer to make my make up stay, my normal skin type allows this perfectly, especially with my EL Double Wear, I need NO primer to make my make up stay on perfectly all day and all night...I need a primer to fill lines and pores...this failed miserably, and I threw it away....it could not even fill in one nose pore for me....oh, it also broke me out in tiny bumps whenever I used it. But if this works for you, what a cheap drugstore find!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by clairehair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brilliance in a tube. Does the job of any cosmetic primer only better, softens lines, keeps any oil at bay without dullness and keeps makeup in place all day. This must be an absolute dream for an oily skin and somehow doesn't dry out the skin for those of us without oiliness. Amazing.