Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Been on the hunt for this stuff ever since I read the rave reviews here at MUA, but it took me a while to come across a tube(either the hype is catching on, or this product is difficult to find)
Nevertheless, as most of the reviews on here state, this product works wonderfully! Since i started washing my face, no amount of cleanser, exfoliator and moisturizer, cheap or expensive, could get rid of my oilies...

If i had known I only had to go an aisle over to get this stuff, I would have done it a long time ago! I just dab a little bit of this on wherever I need oil control - my nose and my cheeks are the true test of whether an oil control product works or not...and I'm happy to report that this one did!
NO oil was on my face by the end of the day...seriously amazing...i didn't have to blot or powder and my skin looked as fresh as it did when i started putting on my foundation (i used this with liquid- i noticed a lot of peple using this with MMU)

I'm seeing some from reviews that about 1/4 - 1/2 have broken out because of this product, so I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't happen, because truly - this product is a god-send!

minimizes fine lines under eyes, my makeup applies very smoothly. it's a great primer for foundation. Isn't greasy, heavy, or oily. Dries to powder finish. I tried it once and won't be applying makeup without it ever again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was intrigued like others after seeing this on MUA and HAD to try it as i have been so curious about primer and in the market lately. I use LM oil free liquid and it dries soooo fast but this helps me get it on so smoothly and evenly. totally matte all day, and my makeup is usually gone in a few hours as i am allergic to talc and cannot use most powder. THIS STUFF KEPT ME LOOKING LIKE I WAS FRESHLY MADE UP FROM 8AM TILL THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING! not even one crease and seemed to make the mascara flakies stick waaaaay less. fingers crossed that it doesnt break me out! thanks MUA. BUY THIS.....UPDATE: this stuff broke me out.....will save for special occasions because it still does wonders

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is THE BEST primer. Makes my skin look perfect. My makeup stayed in place all day. By the end of the day it looked like it did in the morning. I love this stuff. I've tried so many primers, hated them all and basically went without until I tried this stuff. AMAZING!

Yep. What everyone says is true. The monistat anti-chafe cream really does work the same way as the smashbox primer. I did something really cheeky with mine though, as I hate squeezing something on my face that is labelled MONISTAT... blech... when I emptied my smashbox pump, I filled it with the monistate. I know. Bad me. But I swear I cannot tell a difference between the two.

After loving a sample of Smashbox primer, I wanted some badly. I just couldn't justify spending that much. So after reading these reviews on mua, I looked for the monistat substitute. It was a bit hard to find, but eventually I got some at good ol' Walmart. For $6 and change, I think this is just as good. Granted my only other experience is with sample sizes, but still. This goes on so smooth and leaves my face soft. Makeup glides on and stays fresh looking. It helps with shiny t-zone issues too. The tube is huge and even though I've been using it for months, there is barely a dent in it. Give this a try....you may save yourself a ton of money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love it! I've never used any sort of primer, but i'm so completely satisfied I see no reason to even look at something 3+ times the price. I put this on after my moisturizer dries and it makes my foundation just glide on. I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay applied with the MAC 187 brush, topped with MAC Select Sheer/Loose. My makeup looks flawless, and later in the day my skin is no where near as oily looking.

Edit: I've just finished my first tube, and picked up another. I've moved on to Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and the pairing is HG! Even when my skin starts to a get a bit oily, it gets dispersed in such a way that I look dewy instead. I've tried a few primer samples, and the chafing gel still wins out.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Amazing product! I had tried Smashbox's Photo Finish with bad results (blotchiness and pimples), and then I read about this product as a primer. I'm amazed -- it does everything Smashbox was supposed to do, but without any problems and for less than a quarter of the price. Brilliant. The only thing I've noticed is that occasionally I will get little flakes on the side of the nose (but those are easily taken care of with just a touch of Paula's Choice super antioxidant serum) -- overall an excellent product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i love this as a primer. it made my skin look nice and smooth. i wondered if it would live up to the hype and for me it definitely did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what I would do without this product. I've been using this for a few months now, and love it. It makes my mineral make-up go on extremely smooth, and definitely makes my skin much less oily throughout the day. I've used other, expensive primers, that never did what this does. I still get somewhat oily by day end, but thats because I have extremely oily skin, and theres just no way anything is going to completely make my face matte 24/7. You cannot beat the fact that this tube lasts quite awhile, and is dirt cheap! Plus, it doesn't break me out! Its fantastic!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors