Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 6/21/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! So far I am totally impressed. My skin looks so silky smooth with this on. Ive only used it one day and I LOVE it!
Thanks for letting me in on this secret MUA-ers!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

AMAZING! kept my makeup perfect through 100+ degree weather, sweating in a high pace dance class, and general wear and tear of the day. Used under eyeshadow it prevents creasing very well! Definitely worth every penny!

Sigh. Don't use this is allergic to Vitamin E like me. Within minutes of application, my lips started itching like crazy. And I was so excited about this product! But if it works for you, more power to ya!

on 6/12/2008 7:20:00 PM

This works as well as Philosophy's "The Supernatural Poreless, flawless, tinted spf15" in a tube, but I only paid about $6.99 at drugstore.com instead of $30 at sephora for the philosophy product. It's $7.99 at Rite-Aid (Los Angeles), but they never had it in stock. For that much less, i just put on my own moisturizer with spf.

on 6/7/2008 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally got around to trying this as a makeup primer and I wish I hadn't kept forgetting to buy it! Wow. It makes my Prestige Wet/Dry powder foundation stay on nicely for 8-10 hours, when before I was lucky to get 2-3 hours out of the powder foundation! It also totally keeps the oil away... I have VERY oily skin where after a few hours either the powder foundation turned orange, or it just disappeared and my very red cheeks and oily skin beam through. This chafing gel stuff has completely changed that!

on 6/7/2008 10:48:00 AM

I truly can't believe this product! It puts the other primers out there to shame. I always felt guilty paying so much money for such a tiny tube of smashbox primer. Never again, this product from monistat is amazing, in fact I prefer it to smashbox. I paid under $4 for it, now that's a deal. My makeup stays on all day and my skin looks flawless. Kudos to ever thought of using this as a primer, what an amazing beauty secret.

on 6/5/2008 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i had the same experience as the reviewer below. it helped my foundation go on smoother and last longer, but i broke out like crazy :( its clear, unscented, great price, and great packaging. if youre not acne prone, go for it!

on 6/4/2008 11:40:00 AM

I really hate to give this product a negative rating but I have to be honest... After I got over the thought of putting a Monistat product on my face, I tried it after reading the reviews several times. I used this after moisturizing and used it under my BE foundation. I will say that my face looked smooth and silky and my makeup did last all day (more so than usual). Unfortunately, this stuff broke me out like nobody's business!!! Ugh. I was so disappointed. So, I guess maybe my review is not that negative overall - if you can use this, then you should get smooth and silky looking skin which lasts all day. It seemed to work well under my mineral makeup and I assume it would work just as well under liquid foundation. I just couldn't use it because of the reaction my skin had but I will use this product as it was intended...just not as a primer for my makeup.

on 6/2/2008 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have an extremely oily t-zone. I have come to the conclusion that there is no absolutely perfect product out there that will banish the oiliness. But there are products out there that will help minimize it. I have tried milk of magnesia, mary kay face primer, smashbox face primer, and some other stuff I can't even remember the name of. I must say, this Monistat chaffing gel works the best. Oiliness is kept at bay much longer compared to using Smashbox. And of course the price is phenomenal. I usually have to blot by 12 noon everyday and the oil absorbing sheet is literally clear by the time I'm done using it. With this stuff, no blotting until late afternoon! I intentionally put some on my chin and forehead and left my nose and cheek area uncovered. A noticed a big difference in the two areas.
It really makes your skin soft. As a woman in her mid-thirties, I have noticed that my skin needs more moisturizer or the oiliness gets worse. I want to avoid anything that is too heavy and this product doesn't give me that feeling. As others have said, a little goes a long way.
I would recommend this product to those who suffer from oily skin and remind them that nothing will control the oiliness completely. But this will help you keep a fresh face look throughout the day.

on 5/31/2008 1:01:00 PM

After reading all the great reviews I thought I would give it try. Unfortunately this product is not for me! Seems to make me create more oil which is odd because it definitely has a matte/powdery feel to it.