Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 7/11/2008 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't know what I would do without this product. I've been using this for a few months now, and love it. It makes my mineral make-up go on extremely smooth, and definitely makes my skin much less oily throughout the day. I've used other, expensive primers, that never did what this does. I still get somewhat oily by day end, but thats because I have extremely oily skin, and theres just no way anything is going to completely make my face matte 24/7. You cannot beat the fact that this tube lasts quite awhile, and is dirt cheap! Plus, it doesn't break me out! Its fantastic!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this for 2 weeks, fell absolutely in love! Made my skin soft, and my makeup look fresh all day. Next thing I know I breakout terribly, after using this. Why me :(

Wow this stuff really works! I have always used BE's Prime Time, and was very hesitant to try Monistat. After research on youtube and MUA I finally decided to take the chance with this.I have been switching between the two prodcuts for the last few weeks. Just experimenting! Monistat glides on very smoothly, and like any primer you would only need a little at a time. I use a sponge wedge when applying this and the application is flawless. My makeup lasts all day long!

To prove that it wasn't just the weather or other factors that made Monistat SO MUCH better than Prime Time, I switched between the two everyday. I would also take a look at the temperature that day. I have work and school on weekdays. I get out of the house at 8:30AM and don't come back home until 10:00PM. At night when I take off my makeup, instead of washing my face I used Olay's Makeup Wipes. On the days that I am wearing Monistat as a primer I see so much of my makeup removed by the makeup wipes. But on the day that I am wearing Prime Time, I don't see any makeup left at all! I can't believe I didn't try out Monistat sooner! I am so happy with the results! I did not break out at all! Yah!

Edit: 9/30/08- This gave my nose major blackheads! It is still a great primer, but be careful if you are blackhead prone like me!

on 6/29/2008 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that it took me a while to try this. I did a lot of research and I saw a few complained about breaking out from this product. Having some bad acne history, I was hesitant but then looking at the expensive primers that did not work, I had to submit to this. I am very oily and this prevents from being over greasy. My Revlon Beyond Natural looks and feels great over this product. I can keep my makeup on for more than 20 hours, which is a miracle. Great product-

on 6/23/2008 10:42:00 PM

I have oily skin and most make up slides right off. I tried this after reading about it here. I've used it for about a week and so far it's been great. I apply it on clean skin before my mineral makeup, I find it decreases the need for touch ups during the day. I typically apply my make up at 6:30 in the morning and now I powder my nose about 1:00pm. My makeup is still looking fresh at 6:00pm. I will repurchase for sure. I will update if any breakouts or odd skin reactions occur. EDIT: I believe this clogged the pores on my chin badly. It's taken weeks to clear them up...I still love this and it's great if your skin can handle it..but no more for me *sighs

on 6/23/2008 3:25:00 PM

I loved the IDEA of this product. I rushed right out to get it, thinking I could skip replacing my much more expensive primer. Unfortunately, I broke out in cystic acne within 3 or 4 days of using it. I was curious and I spread some on my hand and then ran water over it. It's no wonder my skin broke out; it was like my skin had waterproofing on it. Not for me.

on 6/22/2008 8:38:00 PM

I can understand how this product would do the trick for some, but for me it's a no go. It just didn't seem to grab my concealer as well as a purposed primer. Since I break out regularly, concealer is something I use in bulk. So for me the "grab" is ultra important. I also experienced a wee bit of an itch with this.

On the up side, this did do a fair job of ... diminishing the appearance of pores, lending to an airbrushed appearance, and to increasing the wear of makeup. I do feel the real deal does a better job of each though. As an economical choice however, you might find this to be worth a shot.

on 6/21/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! So far I am totally impressed. My skin looks so silky smooth with this on. Ive only used it one day and I LOVE it!
Thanks for letting me in on this secret MUA-ers!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

AMAZING! kept my makeup perfect through 100+ degree weather, sweating in a high pace dance class, and general wear and tear of the day. Used under eyeshadow it prevents creasing very well! Definitely worth every penny!

Sigh. Don't use this is allergic to Vitamin E like me. Within minutes of application, my lips started itching like crazy. And I was so excited about this product! But if it works for you, more power to ya!