Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 6/29/2008 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that it took me a while to try this. I did a lot of research and I saw a few complained about breaking out from this product. Having some bad acne history, I was hesitant but then looking at the expensive primers that did not work, I had to submit to this. I am very oily and this prevents from being over greasy. My Revlon Beyond Natural looks and feels great over this product. I can keep my makeup on for more than 20 hours, which is a miracle. Great product-

on 6/23/2008 10:42:00 PM

I have oily skin and most make up slides right off. I tried this after reading about it here. I've used it for about a week and so far it's been great. I apply it on clean skin before my mineral makeup, I find it decreases the need for touch ups during the day. I typically apply my make up at 6:30 in the morning and now I powder my nose about 1:00pm. My makeup is still looking fresh at 6:00pm. I will repurchase for sure. I will update if any breakouts or odd skin reactions occur. EDIT: I believe this clogged the pores on my chin badly. It's taken weeks to clear them up...I still love this and it's great if your skin can handle it..but no more for me *sighs

on 6/23/2008 3:25:00 PM

I loved the IDEA of this product. I rushed right out to get it, thinking I could skip replacing my much more expensive primer. Unfortunately, I broke out in cystic acne within 3 or 4 days of using it. I was curious and I spread some on my hand and then ran water over it. It's no wonder my skin broke out; it was like my skin had waterproofing on it. Not for me.

on 6/22/2008 8:38:00 PM

I can understand how this product would do the trick for some, but for me it's a no go. It just didn't seem to grab my concealer as well as a purposed primer. Since I break out regularly, concealer is something I use in bulk. So for me the "grab" is ultra important. I also experienced a wee bit of an itch with this.

On the up side, this did do a fair job of ... diminishing the appearance of pores, lending to an airbrushed appearance, and to increasing the wear of makeup. I do feel the real deal does a better job of each though. As an economical choice however, you might find this to be worth a shot.

on 6/21/2008 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! So far I am totally impressed. My skin looks so silky smooth with this on. Ive only used it one day and I LOVE it!
Thanks for letting me in on this secret MUA-ers!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

AMAZING! kept my makeup perfect through 100+ degree weather, sweating in a high pace dance class, and general wear and tear of the day. Used under eyeshadow it prevents creasing very well! Definitely worth every penny!

Sigh. Don't use this is allergic to Vitamin E like me. Within minutes of application, my lips started itching like crazy. And I was so excited about this product! But if it works for you, more power to ya!

on 6/12/2008 7:20:00 PM

This works as well as Philosophy's "The Supernatural Poreless, flawless, tinted spf15" in a tube, but I only paid about $6.99 at drugstore.com instead of $30 at sephora for the philosophy product. It's $7.99 at Rite-Aid (Los Angeles), but they never had it in stock. For that much less, i just put on my own moisturizer with spf.

on 6/7/2008 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally got around to trying this as a makeup primer and I wish I hadn't kept forgetting to buy it! Wow. It makes my Prestige Wet/Dry powder foundation stay on nicely for 8-10 hours, when before I was lucky to get 2-3 hours out of the powder foundation! It also totally keeps the oil away... I have VERY oily skin where after a few hours either the powder foundation turned orange, or it just disappeared and my very red cheeks and oily skin beam through. This chafing gel stuff has completely changed that!

on 6/7/2008 10:48:00 AM

I truly can't believe this product! It puts the other primers out there to shame. I always felt guilty paying so much money for such a tiny tube of smashbox primer. Never again, this product from monistat is amazing, in fact I prefer it to smashbox. I paid under $4 for it, now that's a deal. My makeup stays on all day and my skin looks flawless. Kudos to ever thought of using this as a primer, what an amazing beauty secret.