April 16, 2014 | 1399 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a few days now
    Its probably one of the best powders I have used that includes department store brands. It's super finely milled. It goes on like a dream and is never cakey. Even when I use the puff(which is surprisingly not useless like most tools that come with) it looks good. Although I usually apply this with the big fluffy ecotools brush. It lasts for hours. It keeps me matte for most of the day. This is one of the few powders that keeps my nose free of oil. It doesn't change colors like some other powders. The one not so great thing about Dream Matte Powder is the coverage isn't the best. You're not going to get a MAC like coverage from this. Its a pretty light coverage but that doesn't bother me all that much. The packaging seems to be a complaint target. It really doesn't bother me. I don't use the puff so it is not necessary for me to open and close this repeatedly.It locks properly so I know this won't break in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rissa1456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and I have never found a powder that worked this well. Even professional powders. It does not look chalky. Good colors and this controled my oil for 6 hours instead of 1 like many others.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AsylumFreak

To me this pressed powder is the best I ever bought because it's great for oily skin even though my nose gets a little shiny when it's hot and I usually buy the Mac studio fix pressed powder plus foundation but, if I can't buy it or don't have the money then I buy the maybelline dream matte pressed powder!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by citrusraspberrylove

The product itself is great.
    This by far is the only pressed powder that I have tried that keeps my face shine-free. I am a makeup junkie, so I have tried a lot of products, including pressed powders. This gives your face a soft feel and a fresh look. The reason why I give this product 3 stars is due to its VERY limited color selection. I knew that the lightest shade would be too light for me and that the second lightest shade would be too dark. I have light skin so I bought the lightest one. I put it on and it made me look pale, too pale. I guess the lightest shade goes well with those who have porcelain skin - which I do not have. If only this product had a wider color selection, I would buy it again. =/

A WIDER SELECTION OF COLORS please!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by defygravityy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I applied this product with the powderpuff, my skin looked flaky. However, when I used a brush, it looked great! Until I started breaking out, that is. It's an okay product, just not with my skin. I hardly ever get pimples but using this powder resulted in many blackheads!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes! I tried it after reading the reviews in MA and I loved it! I use it alone or on the foundation and is perfect, soft and smooth, keeps my skin free of oil and the color match my skin very well (medium beige 2-2.5), I'm glad I bought it and would buy again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good powder in my opinion. I use it to set my foundation and sometimes to touch up my oily t-zone throughout the day. It does a very good job at keeping my face matte and at the same time doesn't look like I have an obvious layer of powder on. I use the Medium 0-1 shade but on my skin it looks almost like a translucent powder - there is no actual colour to it. I would definitely recommend it, especially to people with oily skin.
    One thing that bothers me is the packaging - it sometimes pops open. I guess it was a good idea to have two compartments in the package: one for the powder itself and one for the puff+mirror, but I find that the mirror gets all dirty with the powder from the puff. Another piece of advice: change the puff on a regular basis and don't let it get all gross because it just collects all the dirt and oil from your face. I just buy Quo powder puffs at the drugstore and replace them every two weeks or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyawsome123

UGGGHHHHHH i hate this product so much.I dedcited to purchase this because Aubrey fafinettex3 on youtube have raved about this. All i have to say about this product is that it sucks.Dont waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh, I wanted to like this powder. I've researched this product and it seemed like many people liked it. It has been described as good coverage, matte, glowy, etc. I know that many got bad reactions to it but the packaging said that it's oil free and won't clog pores. So, I got it at Ulta for $4. I used it once and it broke me out the next day. Funny thing is that I was telling my husband that I was kind of scared to try it because my skin looked so good. Then the next day, after using it, I broke out. I used the Origins Out of Trouble Mask as a spot treatment at night and it took care of the blemishes nicely. Sad to say but I must return it to Ulta. Glad I kept the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder for touch ups over my liquid foundation during the day~ I can't bring my favorite loose setting powder around with me, so this works very well to cover up those oily spots around my nose and cheeks.

I for one LOVE the packaging, lol! It is sooo much fun to play with and it is just so cute. :)