MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 4/15/2003 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

the creme concealer has good coverage but can be a little heavy at times. the good thing about this is that it has staying power without looking cakey. i can use this with out any foundation if i just dab it on the areas that i need it.

A nice, basic concealer. Nice coverage, but a little too yellow for me. I like the consistency, and it lasts all day.

on 4/2/2003 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this product is good. It's comes in a small tube that's great for travelling. I reccommend this for oily skins because it may be too drying for dry skin. I use this with a moisturizer and a primer as well as loose powder on top to set it. This product does evenout your skin tone and about $14 it's not too expensive. You can also use this as a base with powder if you want your eyeshadow to last longer.

on 3/30/2003 12:27:00 AM

The product is too thin and provided no coverage for my undereye circles. Returned it the next day, and I'm not a big returner.

on 3/29/2003 5:14:00 PM

This product is fantastic! I'm NW20 and this goes on and covers without being cakey or drying. Can even wear without any other makeup and just over trouble spots/blemishes

on 3/16/2003 12:20:00 AM

This works well for very light, natural coverage but if you have dark circles or anything else that needs heavier coverage this isn't your best option. It does go on creamy and is easy to work with and blend but dries to a matte finish that stays put with no creasing. The large color selection is nice compared to the lines that offer only 2 or 3 shades for concealers. My only complaint would be that it's too sheer for my needs.

on 3/4/2003 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Select Cover-Up has become my default concealer. I use NC15, the same colour as my Studiofix, and it's a perfect match. You need only the tiniest dab from the tube. It has good slip without sliding off your face, and enough opacity to cover both undereye circles and skin imperfections without looking cakey. An excellent product from MAC! UPDATE: They've discontinued NC15. Aaargh.

on 3/4/2003 3:49:00 AM

Great stuff, if you know how to use it properly. If you don't like it at first, try some differant techniques, it's very versatile. If you need good coverage (I need it for the slightly bluish skin under my eyes) Dab it on and let it sit for about 20 seconds then dab to blend. Dont use sweeping motions if you want more coverage. I don't really know anything about how well it covers blemishes though.

on 2/17/2003 5:12:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It provides enough coverage without looking too heavy or cakey. I like the squeeze tube, and the tip lets out a small amount of product that is just perfect.

on 2/16/2003 3:03:00 PM

I got this in NC 15. This concealer works neither for covering blemishes or the undereye area. The consistency is very fluid, almost like a liquid foundation. This helps in spreading and blending. Also, the pigment is intense, so it covers well. But those are just about the only plus points I have found in the concealer. It is very drying, and on blemishes, I end up with a caked up appearance. It works poorly too for the underye area because it tends to accentuate the fine lines. This might work well for oily skins, or for those seeking to cover red, flat areas (such as scars). However, mineral oil is an ingredient so it might aggrevate acne prone skins. Overall, a puzzling experience for me because I cannot find a specific and useful purpose for this. It retails for $12.50.