October 22, 2014 | 2139 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2003 3:49:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff, if you know how to use it properly. If you don't like it at first, try some differant techniques, it's very versatile. If you need good coverage (I need it for the slightly bluish skin under my eyes) Dab it on and let it sit for about 20 seconds then dab to blend. Dont use sweeping motions if you want more coverage. I don't really know anything about how well it covers blemishes though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 5:12:00 PM More reviews by fletch50

I really like this concealer. It provides enough coverage without looking too heavy or cakey. I like the squeeze tube, and the tip lets out a small amount of product that is just perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2003 3:03:00 PM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in NC 15. This concealer works neither for covering blemishes or the undereye area. The consistency is very fluid, almost like a liquid foundation. This helps in spreading and blending. Also, the pigment is intense, so it covers well. But those are just about the only plus points I have found in the concealer. It is very drying, and on blemishes, I end up with a caked up appearance. It works poorly too for the underye area because it tends to accentuate the fine lines. This might work well for oily skins, or for those seeking to cover red, flat areas (such as scars). However, mineral oil is an ingredient so it might aggrevate acne prone skins. Overall, a puzzling experience for me because I cannot find a specific and useful purpose for this. It retails for $12.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2003 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LuvaofMU

I love this concealer. It is just the right consistency for covering little imperfections. I have a tendency to be red in between my eyebrows and the tops of my cheeks in the morning this works perfectly to cover the redness. It also works well for me on little outbreaks I get from wearing my hair over my eye too long. I highly recommend this if you do not have major skin issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2003 8:50:00 PM More reviews by khurst

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this concealer. This concealer feels light but covers well, and it doesn't cake or get stuck in the fine lines. Another plus was that it did not break out my combo skin. I have it in the NC15, and it's a good match. I'm on my second tube and will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kitty_catalina

I have this in NW20. The MA thought it ran darker than the pot concealer, so I picked this one. It is lighter actually, but a better match 4 my skin w/o a tan. The tube occasionally squirts out too much, but it is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging of this concealer. It's so easy to use, it's not messy, and the product isn't as dry as the pot concealer. I find this concealer easy to blend. It takes a few coats to cover serious blemishes, but it also works well to spot-cover when I don't feel like wearing a full face of foundation. I don't have undereye circles, so I can't say how it works for that problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2003 1:45:00 AM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sis bought a tube so I decided to give it a try. She bought NC 15.

I found it okay but not great. It blended adequately but I felt the texture to be too way too heavy even for something that is meant to cover imperfections.

I think that Maybelline's True Illusion Concealer is a superior concealer and a better value at more than half the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 8:00:00 AM More reviews by keepsmiling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is great! Covers both my undereye circles (although they are'nt that bad in the first place) and my blemishes! Great texture because I hate covering my face in foundation! I love MAC!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 6:03:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Covers up blemishes well. Good texture. Stays put. Sometimes I use this instead of foundation on bad skin days. I DON'T like it for the under eye area however--doesn't look smooth or "thin" enough, emphasizes fine lines.