April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:36:00 PM More reviews by emmazamora2000

I have been using this for over 6 months as a moisturizer. Goes well as a morning and evening moisturizer. I use this after my cleanser in the morning, then I wash it off with water and towel off. In the evenings, I put this under my eyes, patting gently and I let it stay overnight. Also great for hair, takes away flakes during the winter time and gives me baby soft hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Moone

I have used virgin coconut oil as an over night treatment for my hair for a year now. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it is the best hair treatment in terms of strenghtening the hair. It gives great definition to my curls, makes it softer and adds shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this initially as an overnight treatment for my dry dry ends. Then I read some reviews about it here and decided to try it on my face b/c it my skin was freaking out from a recent outbreak. I'm very pleased with the results on both fronts and would recommend. My face is starting to clear up w/ nightly applications of a thin layer of coconut oil and I can tell that my ends are healthier. I've also started using the oil as a leave-in conditioner before blow drying in the morning. I'll probably do the overnight leave-in treatment once a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I have turned all my friends onto this product because I used to work in a health food store. I buy the food grade coconut oil in a big glass jar, I forget the name, but it was quite inexpensive. It melts on contact with the skin and I use this occasionally as a body oil. I like it better than shea butter which I find hard and waxy and not nice-smelling. Some friends use it on their face and to remove makeup but I tend towards acne and don't want to take the chance of a breakout. The scent is lovely and you can even melt a little bit and add some essential oils just before applying to skin to enhance the experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by chibanivani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

People from India have been using coconut oil on their hair forever! Coconut oil literally brings me back to my childhood and my grandmother massing this stuff in my ass length hair. I rediscovered this stuff after hot tools really killed my waist length, wavy hair. I heat it up, rub it into my scalp really well, and then concentrate on my ends and the nape of my neck (where all the ponytail breakage is) brush it through and wait about two hours. I need a good clarifying shampoo (Origins is great) to really get the gunk out at the crown but the rest is usually left pretty nice and smooth. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a big jar of organic coconut oil for 7 bucks a year ago. Been using it on my hair and face (only when it's cold tho). It is a great all purpose moisturizer and I had no breakouts. When I use it for hair what I do is brush it out first for even distribution (it's thick, very curly and long), emulsify the oil in my hands (my house is never warm enough for it to become liquid in a jar) and smooth it through my hair. Then I french braid it and leave it like that overnight. I actually love the way it looks just like that, tamed, smooth and shiny, better than with any stying product. Then in the morning I use a clarifying shampoo and my regular conditioner. Always love the result!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 10:48:00 AM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rate this a 5 for performance but wish there was another way to get it than in big jars you have to scoop into. The oil can be liquid or solid depending on room temperature. I use it to cleanse at night after using a separate eye makeup remover. This takes everything off and leaves skin soft and clean. It's the water temperature that determines whether skin is left slightly oily, clean or stripped, so stick to warm water on a soft cloth. The area in my chin fold, below lower lip, no longer has a bumpy rough feel to the touch, and my face seems evenly moisturized all over. It has been great for my dry, irritated skin and I will use it all winter, as a night moisturizer too.

A polite health note tho- coconut oil is a saturated fat and known to be very bad for cholesterol. I personally would not eat it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure Extra Virgin Coconut oil is awesome: It smells great and it's not only a great beauty oil, but it's also great to consume internally. I use coconut oil from head to toe. I use it as a hair oil. I have dreads and have to be cautious in what I use on my hair to minimize build up. Coconut oil is light, sinks into my hair and makes it shine. It washes away easily too, unlike shea butter. Shea butter is great for the skin though. I rub coconut oil on my body immediately after a shower while my skin is still wet. After the oil has fully absorbed, my skin still reflects light and glows. This is a sign of healthy skin. I also eat it. I take a tsp as a supplement along with flax seed oil to make my skin glow from the inside out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ksbkd00

This review is for coconut oil as a hair treatment. I have been using coconut oil on my hair for years. I massage my hair with warm coconut oil and leave it overnight. Next day I shampoo and condition as usual. I do it once or twice a week. It is very good for hair as well as for scalp. It conditiones hair and nourishes, soothes the scalp. I have seen the benefits with healthy strong hair. Nothing can really change the hair texture but healthy strong hair always look good no matter whether it is straight, wavy or curly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lednugenna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been reading the reviews here for coconut oil and I keep seeing people saying that it doesn't moisturize and its bad for oily skins. No oil moisturizes so apply it on damp skin to seal it. Works great for that. I have had acne since teen years. I am 46 now. It was coconut oil that finally healed my skin. It did not clear it up overnight however. At first it dried it out a bit which was good because it was super oily. But then it got kind of scabby and better in some places not so great in others. I have had a bleeding cracking scalp all my life. Not now. Coconut oil healed that to. My point is that it took a couple weeks for my skin to clear up and stay clear. I find that used on damp skin or hair it can heal a lot of problems so don't give up if it isn't instantaneously perfect. And remember that if you use too much you will be oily try a bit less and see if that works better for you. I also love olive oil but its kind of sticky sometimes and I don't find that with coconut oil. I like the unrefined but have heard of others liking the refined best.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No