TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

on 3/3/2008 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this stuff and alternate between this and Soya Want Flat Hair. I don't like it as much as the Soya but it's much cheaper so I use the Soya when I really want my hair "perfect" and the TRESemme for regular days.

on 2/24/2008 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Well, I really like that it's so cheap (3 USD?). But it doesn't really DO anything. It's sort of like putting water on your hair. Still, I use it every day just in case by some miracle it starts working. It does add some shine momentarily, but the shine quickly fades. I don't like the spray nozzle, it's annoying to use. It smells really nice though, just like all Tre Semme products. Oh well.

on 2/16/2008 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Although I love the cheap price of this product (approximately $3 at Target!) and the cute spray design, I just don't like how it makes my hair feel. This spray just makes the texture of my hair seem drier than usual. I think I can find better heat protectant sprays out there.

on 2/14/2008 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The only thing I like this stuff for is the smell. It's too thin and watery to use for flat ironing and the only reason why I use it to blow dry is because I haven't found something else yet.

on 2/6/2008 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first heat-protectant product I've used, so I can't compare it to others. But my long, fine hair looked much healthier after a round of blow drying after using this spray versus not using it. Without the spray, my hair was quite flyaway and fried-looking post-dryer; with the spray, my hair was obviously a little heat-sizzled, but still had a healthy shine and wasn't poofy in the way that fine wavy hair can get after any contact with heat.

Since I'm a recent convert from the no-silicones brigade, I was worried that this would weigh down my fine hair. I used to amp up my hair's natural wave/curl, but now I'm using a flat iron. My worries were for nothing, and if anything, my hair is looking thicker with this spray.

And the price can't be beat - $3.99 at my local grocery store. I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I know I'm the minority here, I really wanted to like this product it is inexpensive and has water soluble cones in it but it didn't do anything for my hair for heat protection when I used this to flat iron my hair with. I let it dry and then I straightened it and my hair was dry and dull. I won't be repurchasing it. My search for a heat protectant continues

on 1/12/2008 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I spray this on before I straighten and my hair looks really sleek afterwards. However, it doesn't stay that sleek for more than 2 hours and starts to lose its shine :( But, it's good! It smells like acidic green apple, which is why I didn't give the product a 5. Overall, you need a protectant from heat for your hair and this is a good choice.

on 1/11/2008 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This works okay for me but Dove performs much better. Somehow it keeps my coarse hair straighter and sleeker than this stuff. But this ain't bad either. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $1.59.

on 1/4/2008 2:01:00 AM

This stuff worked good for when I used to blow-dry my hair. I used to spary it all over before I put in any styling products and it seemed to protect my hair from the damaging effects of the blowdryer. I would re-purchase if I still blow-dried my hair but I have stopped to protect against damage. I think it did help to keep my hair in relatively good condition even though I used the heat.. so I could grow it long again once I stopped with the heat styling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! I bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. I use this before I flat iron and it makes my hair look soooo much healthier. It smooths flyaways and makes my ends look not fried, even though I color, blowdry, and straighten my hair. Definitely recommend this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials