September 30, 2014 | 1232 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by wilson2002

Aw, I'm kinda sad this product didn't work for me. I'm in the the 'makes-me-break-out' group of people so I can't use this on my face any more. It's a shame because it smells lovely in a green, earthy, natural way, and it's based on a medieval recipe so I kind of liked pretending to be a medieval damsel when using it :-)! But after using it for just over a week I was left with a horrendous break-out on my forehead, it left my face greasy so my make-up was sliding off and just generally didn't agree with my face at all. Will use up as hand scrub instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BeatrixKiddo

I've got oily skin, so I guess this product isn't really meant for my skin type, but I don't care, I use it anyway. I was going to buy the Herbalism one, but after I smelled AOBS, I couldn't resist it. It feels so fresh, smells lovely, and even if I accidentely get some of it in the corner of my mouth, it doesn't matter because it's all natural. I use it everyday as a cleanser. It hasn't made a significant difference to my skin, but it's a good, simple lush-smelling (half a pun intended)cleanser. UPDATE: This upset my skin when using it everyday and gave me spots, but for twice a week it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2004 2:46:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

Almost but not quite HG standard on my combination skin. Use sparingly and the tub will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

The smell alone would make me purchase again. I'm always opening it just to sniff :) As for a cleanser, I haven't had any probs with my skin in the 4 months I've been using it. I've always had nice skin but it definetly KEEPS it looking nice! Great product-my fave from lush!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a tub of this back in May, only to try it once and discard it because I didn't know how to use it. I recently came across that forgotten tub again and figured I'd just use it up (I live in a dry climate and it hadn't gone bad or anything). It is a bit unfair to review this after only a week and a half of use, but if I experience and unpleasant effects I will return to update. So far, I really love this, it makes my skin very soft. Thanks to the reviews here I learned how to properly use this and even started to enjoy the ritual of it. It's a very gentle scrub and I love the natural ingredients. I've already placed an order with Lush for more AOBS. Update: I still love this, but it's too expensive (especially with the s&h). I've found that simply using ground almonds to exfoliate does a good job and is so much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lilstace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a simple yet effective everyday gentle scrub treatment. The lavender in this really helps sooth my skin and the lavender seeds in it help exfoliate ever so softly. Really works wonders for my skin. I pinch a small fingernail piece from my pot and add a little water to it in the palm of my hand to form a paste then smear it all over my face then wash off!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 12:49:00 PM More reviews by trace_j

Excellent product softens dry patches and gets rid of the oily patches. Mild exfoliant and doesnt irritate the face. Ideal for sensitive skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nora80

I'm usually not a fan of physical exfoliants, as they tend to irritate my (combo/breakout-prone)skin, and can spring up breakouts or inflammation. I do really, really like this, however, although I wouldn't recommend it for very sensitive skin. I also use it once or twice a week, not as a daily cleanser. But: it smells lovely, I think, and it doesn't dry out my skin even one iota; rather, my skin feels lightly moisturized after use, and smoother, and generally happy. It contains ground almonds to exfoliate; glycerin as a humectant; kaolin to absorb oil, etc.; water; lavendar oil (which has antioxidant, anti-anxiety, antifungal, antibacterial properties, and mild anti-inflammatory properties); rose absolute (anti-anxiety, antibacterial); lavendar flowers; perfume. I don't mind the packaging, as it's functional and keeps the cost quite low; and as one uses a bit each use, AOBS lasts quite a long time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MamaMojo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this maybe once a week. It smells great and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Great to add to your skin care regimen, would not use it daily but nice for once in awhile use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jitney2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Angels on Bare Skin is part of a regimen more than it is a stand-alone product for me. It is like the bass player in a band. You wouldnt want to see an hour-long bass solo, but you would miss the bong, bong, bong" sound if it were not present. AOBS is ugly; it is gritty. It IS the bass player in your regimen, but the results are smooth, lavender- smelling skin. It is great if you are prone to dry patches and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I am a fan.