July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by daste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a tub of this back in May, only to try it once and discard it because I didn't know how to use it. I recently came across that forgotten tub again and figured I'd just use it up (I live in a dry climate and it hadn't gone bad or anything). It is a bit unfair to review this after only a week and a half of use, but if I experience and unpleasant effects I will return to update. So far, I really love this, it makes my skin very soft. Thanks to the reviews here I learned how to properly use this and even started to enjoy the ritual of it. It's a very gentle scrub and I love the natural ingredients. I've already placed an order with Lush for more AOBS. Update: I still love this, but it's too expensive (especially with the s&h). I've found that simply using ground almonds to exfoliate does a good job and is so much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2004 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lilstace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a simple yet effective everyday gentle scrub treatment. The lavender in this really helps sooth my skin and the lavender seeds in it help exfoliate ever so softly. Really works wonders for my skin. I pinch a small fingernail piece from my pot and add a little water to it in the palm of my hand to form a paste then smear it all over my face then wash off!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 12:49:00 PM More reviews by trace_j

Excellent product softens dry patches and gets rid of the oily patches. Mild exfoliant and doesnt irritate the face. Ideal for sensitive skins.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 10:54:00 PM More reviews by nora80

I'm usually not a fan of physical exfoliants, as they tend to irritate my (combo/breakout-prone)skin, and can spring up breakouts or inflammation. I do really, really like this, however, although I wouldn't recommend it for very sensitive skin. I also use it once or twice a week, not as a daily cleanser. But: it smells lovely, I think, and it doesn't dry out my skin even one iota; rather, my skin feels lightly moisturized after use, and smoother, and generally happy. It contains ground almonds to exfoliate; glycerin as a humectant; kaolin to absorb oil, etc.; water; lavendar oil (which has antioxidant, anti-anxiety, antifungal, antibacterial properties, and mild anti-inflammatory properties); rose absolute (anti-anxiety, antibacterial); lavendar flowers; perfume. I don't mind the packaging, as it's functional and keeps the cost quite low; and as one uses a bit each use, AOBS lasts quite a long time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2004 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MamaMojo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this maybe once a week. It smells great and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Great to add to your skin care regimen, would not use it daily but nice for once in awhile use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Jitney2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Angels on Bare Skin is part of a regimen more than it is a stand-alone product for me. It is like the bass player in a band. You wouldnt want to see an hour-long bass solo, but you would miss the bong, bong, bong" sound if it were not present. AOBS is ugly; it is gritty. It IS the bass player in your regimen, but the results are smooth, lavender- smelling skin. It is great if you are prone to dry patches and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I am a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

Makes the skin feel soft, clean and smooth. It can be hard to used at first, but well worth it. Great daily exfoliator and fresh smell. Great product for good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2004 10:30:00 PM More reviews by liltootsie22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging sucks, but I absolutely LOVE this product!!! It cleanses my face and leaves it sooo soft. It has helped to tame my blemishes and has made my skin tone a lot more even. I know some have said that this product made them break out, but I have been using it for over several months and haven't had this problem at all. I will buy this over and over again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by MerylStreek

This is a really excellent scrub/cleanser for combination skin. I used to use it every day and it made my skin look soft, fresh, even, and even poreless! Unfortuantely, each batch I got seemed to go off really quickly, and it soon became a waste of money. Still, there aren't many cleansers who did what Angels can! Maybe someday I'll repurchase again.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Stephanie2378

I use this daily after using Ocean Salt on my T-zone. Leaves my face baby-soft! I hate the scent of lavender but it IS calming and tolerable since the end results are phenomonal. I have VERY sensitive skin yet I NEVER react to this product. I don't mind the packaging because the packaging wouldn't make my skin look or feel any better, the PRODUCT is what I'm buying. I have had several complements on my skin since using LUSH products and have had my skin described as flawless (It can't get any better than that) several times. I would jump off a cliff if this product was no longer available.