Chanel No.5

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought a miniatura No 5 - pure perfume. The drydown was awesome. I fell in love with this fragrance. I decided to buy the normal bottle. At the store they did not have the pure perfume at the moment. I bought the EDP hoping that it will be close enough. Wrong. The smell of the EDP is different and it does not last. If you want to experience the full beauty of the fragrance buy the pure perfume. Do not settle for EDP or EDT.

I really try to liek this because it is so popular and is a status sympbol in our culture, but I can't.It smells horrible on me.It's too strong for people to wear.It gags me if I'm at a resturant and somebody is wearing it.
The body powder is ok.I smell this at the store every now and then because it reminds me of my godmother that recently passed away.But,I'd never buy this or wear it.It's too much.

I like it but my SO said it made me smell "like an old lady." Yikes!

Scent was very strong at first but set in nice.
Very classic scent.

YUK!

A nice, interesting, unique and pretty fragrance. Very feminine and classic and a bit old-fashioned. Lightly floral, clean, soapy with a certain zest and vibrancy. I bought this a few years ago but unfortunately it didn't smell as good on me as it did from the bottle. But I recommend it if you can wear it.

I have the expensive bottle Direct from the factory in Paris and it smells like lysol on me. The cheaper spray from Macy's smells better. Oh well...I still love this scent, the bottle, the image--c'mon it's CHANEL!

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't use it too often. Sometimes the sandlewood smell in it reminds me of some old-fashioned soap.

My mom always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I remember not liking it at all when I was younger, but recently got a sample with an order of Chanel Gardenia from Gloss, and I totally loved it. It starts off a bit strong on me, but a half and hour later, it drys to a soft, powdery, sweet floral scent. I can't stop smelling myself. It's so captivating. I don't think it's just for grandmas either. I think No.5 smells classy and beautiful for all women.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

Popular Fragrances