Chanel No.5

3.5

on 10/25/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells cheap and old-ladysh to me. Would never buy it!

on 10/25/2004 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

As close to my HG as it gets (still haven't found it). On me, it's not floral, not spicy, not powdery - I'm stumped as to how to describe this. I feel like I'm surrounded by soft, golden light when I wear it. Smells just as wonderful on others.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

another old lady scent that makes me wonder why people like it so much....some of the notes really remind me of the dolce and gabbana "sicily"...this smells cheap in my opinion...yuck..Top Notes: Aldehydes, Grasse jasmine
Heart Notes: Rose, ylang-ylang, iris
Base Notes: Amber, patchouli

on 10/21/2004 10:27:00 AM

Just can't deal with this fragrance. Another review wondered if this would appeal to anyone under 50. Well, I'm over 50 and it doesn't appeal to me either. I just don't get it. Had some years ago that was a gift from a boss but was underwhelmed by how it smelled on me. Oh well.

on 10/21/2004 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like it- don't love it. I find it to be a nice light floral, but the staying power is minimal. However, if someone gives me this, I won't kick it out of bed.

on 10/20/2004 10:15:00 PM

Peee-yoooo! I sniffed this today, and all I can say is, HOW do people love this? I'm surprised that it's been popular for so long. Sometimes I think it has to do with the fact that it is a "classic" and was worn by past celebrities, and therefore it is supposed to be "classy", but I can't see the big rave about it. I'm sorry. :( It smells very heavy, loud, and in-your-face..not in a good way either. I'm surprised that some people say men like to smell this on women. Not any man I know!

on 10/17/2004 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A gloriously glamorous classy and elegant fragrance. I am in my 40's, but I have loved #5 since my 20's. It is timeless! It makes me feel confident, sexy and womanly and NOT old. But every fragrance smells different on each woman, so it is always a matter of taste and body chemistry. Chanel #5 is pleasing to both in my case. Give it try if you haven't already ... You may find your HG like I did.

on 10/17/2004 10:01:00 AM

I love #5. I love its contrast when wearing torn jeans, biker boots and my husband's leather jacket.

I love that it smells like nothing in particular but always conveys the essence of woman.

It's the anti chichipoopoo frag that oozes class and sophistication, doesn't even try to please but just happens to be unforgettable.

And it's damn sexy, too.

on 10/15/2004 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I wear Chanel No. 5 I feel elegant, confident, and extremely feminine. This fragrance doesn't have a defining note that screams out proclaiming it's presence, rather, it melts into my skin, surrounding me in a sensual cloud of beauty. Even if I'm not dressed to the nines with perfect lingerie and fishnet stockings, No. 5 makes me feel like I am! The drydown is incredible, and the lasting power, even of the edt, is very good. Chanel No. 5 is wearable art.

on 10/15/2004 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my FAV fragrances of all time!! Beautiful, timeless, and forever!!

Popular Fragrances