October 31, 2014 | 1084 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by KCP6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Dove soap! I've used this when I was younger and it cleansed my skin perfectly. I stopped using it for a while and tried other cleansers. When I used other cleansers, my skin always had one pimple or another. I had no idea what was going on with my skin. All I know is that now that I'm using Dove again, my skin is suddenly so much better . . . I'll never switch again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2003 11:28:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I had this recommended by my derm back when I had acne years ago and but found it worked better as a body soap b/c literally anything that came in contact with my skin (on my face that is) at that point caused it to break out. Fast forward 10 years, after running out of my usual Aveeno Skin Replenishing, I decided to give it a try once again. And now I have yet to stop. It's working just as good, takes off eye makeup, no breakouts, no drying me out and smells heavenly - so much so that I actually look forward to washing my face. I think the older I get, the more I realize that some of the best products don't have to break your bank account. If it keeps working like this, I'll keep using it on my face too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2003 4:45:00 AM More reviews by NelStar

love this beauty bar. I use this on my face daily and it's a cheap and gentle cleanser that I've been using for years! This bar is great for the body too - a staple for me :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2003 6:37:00 AM More reviews by JEvon

I used to be able to use this, but not anymore. Dries me out and I'm on the oily side. I do much better with liquid soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2003 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At 28, I've finally gotten sick and tired of all the fancy cleansers and have started using cold cream followed by Dove. Gets my face even cleaner than using a foaming cleanser, and it's certainly more cost-effective. I love the way Dove smells, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ballinbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I love the scent and feel it gives my skin after using it. It doesn't lather as well as other soaps...but I keep forgetting it's "not a soap" :p

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know how I lived before I discovered this stuff in my early 30's. Definitely meant for those with normal to dry skin. It cleans your skin without overstirpping and you can get a wonderful shave with it. Versatile, fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2003 6:00:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

I found this just so-so when used on my face, but it makes a GREAT hand soap!! It makes my hands really soft and moisturized, and feels distinctly different to the other harsh hand washes out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:26:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

The best soap in the world...It's not really a "soap" in the sense that it strips your skin...This is so good at keeping skin clear and clean. I've used Dove, along with other super expensive products and Dove is the best(along with Dermalogica) A true classic and cheap as hell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2003 10:57:00 PM More reviews by broken_lips

This is my all time favorite soap! I love the way it makes my skin so smooth and soft. I use this for my face too and it has never caused any new breakouts. You just can't beat the just-washed-with-dove feeling!