April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really like this foundation!! I had to pick it up after seeing all the hype on this product! I got the shade in 810 Classic Ivory due to some reviews here (I have yellow undertones and this is a bit too pinky for me, but oh well)... But the color is a bit lighter than expected but can be fixed with some bronzer and powder to color correct. I love the finish, it is a natural matte (semi-matte and not flat) and keeps my oily face at bay for about 4-5 hours before blotting. It is a bit tricky with blending since the product is fast drying and you have to use it in small amounts. You have to let it dry before adding another layer because it can tend to look cakey and splotchy (I use a buffing brush and a sponge). It can emphasize dry areas (such as in the unibrow area and the edges of my nose) so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize!! I use a damp sponge to blend the product in around my nose and dry areas but a blending brush for the rest of my face. I definitely recommend to those with combination to oily skin...!!

I would definitely repurchase but probably in a shade or two darker....

Pros:
Beautiful finish (matte but natural like skin)
Great oil control (4-5 hours +)
Doesn't settle in fine lines
Medium to full coverage

Cons:
Hard to blend (Best to use damp sponge and blending brush)
Can oxidize throughout the day (turn darker)
Can emphasize dry areas
Can get cakey if not applied correctly
Not good for flash photography (but somehow varies between people)

UPDATE:
It's been almost a week and I still absolutely love love love this foundation over all the foundations I have tried and own... :) Even though the color is a bit off, it has the best texture, feel, and finish.

UPDATE #2:
I finally got Buff beige which is closer to my NC20-25 skintone :D

UPDATE #3:
Unfortanely, this is not waterproof at all. I mean it is sweat resistant because my face is pretty oily and I blot after 6 hours and there is no transfer. But today I was kinda crying/sobbing and you can definitely see the streaks down my face. Which sucks... My eye makeup was perfectly fine but these streaks -...-

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This foundation is simply amazing ! (I wear the shade Ivory, it matches my skin perfectly) I usually don't wear and don't like liquid foundation, cause it feels too heavy on my skin. I also have very oily skin, which is sensitive and prone to break outs. My pores are easily clogged too. But, this is by far the best liquid foundation I've ever tried!! It evens my skin tone perfectly, doesn't set into pores at all (I think it minimize them instead) and it lasts all day ! Liquid foundations usually don't last on me, and I always have to set it with a powder, and blot a few times. But, this foundation stay fabulous all the day, as it claims to do! The only con is that it may accentuate the dry patches. Be sure you moisturize your skin before. I tried to put this on with my fingers, but it wasn't natural and felt heavy. So, I used a damp beauty blender instead, and I can tell it was way better !! I would repurchase anytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation, nice pigmentation and coverage. It applies great using your fingers. I have one gripe and this foundation transfers! I fell asleep with it on and it went all over my pillow- I guess that's not much of a dealbreaker, just taking off a lippie for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

o.m.goodness! I took the early reviews with a grain of salt, but curiosity got the better of me a few days ago at CVS. I was waiting for my new minerals to arrive, so I thought, why not? This has got to be the biggest/best makeup surprise ever! I was a little apprehensive about it being too matte, but it's a different kind of matte, sort of the texture of good bare skin. And it looks like good bare skin!

My skin is pretty dry now, especially in winter, and even more in the low-low humidity of the hospital where I work, so I've been diligent about moisturizing. Before using this, my skin could look kind of dry and tired later in the day. Now, at mid-day I'm a little shiny, but a quick blot with a paper towel makes it look just applied until I'm getting ready for bed. And it's all still there!

Equally important and surprising is that it doesn't bother my eyes, which have seemed to sting with anything other than minerals for a few years now, or my skin, which has become much more sensitive in recent years.

But none of this would matter much if it weren't so amazingly pretty on.

For reference, I'm using this in Classic Ivory, which seems to be close to MAC NC20 and Bobbi Brown Sand.

UPDATE---Still loving it, though decided that nude beige is a better match, actually a perfect match. My skin tends to be on the dry side, so I moisturize thoroughly. When doing one section at a time, the single pump is more than enough to cover my whole face.

UPDATE #2--I've strayed. Nothing wrong with this, but I'm still hankering after perfection. As if...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by BornGothic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have an oily tzone and some cystic acne spots. This has to be one of the worst foundations I have ever used. I tried 3 different shades and settled on Medium Beige for my neutral 20-25 skintone. It is patchy, does not sink in ans separates after a few hours. I've tried a beauty blender, sigma sigmas brushes, fingers and a Mac 109. Nothing makes it buff in. Tried even as little as a half pump. When it dries it looks cakey and settles into fine lines, giving crepe face when I smile. Doesn't have any oil control; makes small foundation islands on my semi oily t zone. To the swap pile it goes. :/

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by racheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I normally HATE covergirl but I read great things about this and needed a new foundation stat, I'm very pale so I have this in the lightest shade and I love it!! Its matte, and looks very natural not like caked on. It has a pump
AND it locks. I get compliments on my skin when I wear this and I use it as under eye concealer also which it works great for. This is my HG for now, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: 3/6/13
I ended up giving this to my sister. I have learned that I just don't like the look of foundation on me. Maybe because I am dry. I still think this is a great DS foundation though. Just didn't work for me.

Update: 2/20/13
I applied this today using a damp beauty blender dupe and it looks fabulous. I needed a little extra coverage and used about a squirt and a half. I patted it on to my skin all over twice. The first time didn't give me enough coverage. I may actually be able to wear foundation more often. I still have no problem with it staying on all day either.
Update:
I have been wearing this for about a week or so now and I still really like it but sometimes it does emphasize my dry patches. I can tell I'm wearing foundation when my face is really dry. I won't take any lippies off for it because of my crazy dry skin. I'm sure this will work wonders for normal or oily skinned gals. I will hold onto it and wear it for special occasions or when I just need extra coverage but I'm going back to tinted moisturizers.

Original Review:
WOW! I'm not a foundation girl. I usually wear tinted moisturizer because I have dry skin and anything else usually empasizes my dryness and looks mask-like. I decided to try this due to the reviews here and I must say I am extremely impressed. I put this on with a foundation brush and I can't even tell I'm wearing any make up, my face just looks flawless and it really does last all day. I did try putting it on with my fingers and it didn't look as good. If I had to guess I am probably about NC15 neutral leaning towards warm and classic ivory is the best colormatch I have ever found. That alone is a miracle. I like revlon foundations but they always turn ashy on me as do a lot of other foundations including high end. Could it be HG?! I have only worn twice but so far I am sold. I also LOVE the pump!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
I have returned the Golden Tan for Soft Honey for my C4 face but the Soft Honey is now too grey/ashy & im going to return this one too. it needs more yellow in it-how can they call it honey when it has no yellow in it?? In the summer, i get dark, NC42 dark so I would use Golden Tan then probably & that has a lot of yellow tones. I need something in between Golden Tan and Soft Honey. it still gets 4 starts because the formula is pretty awesome for DS.
------------------------------------------------------------
i could take or leave this product. its not bad at all. i purchased this in Golden Tan #857 for my C4 oily/combo skin. i don't think the liquid is thick at all, its of a normal semi runny texture. i do my face in sections so i had no problem with application (drying up too fast or anything). i used a damp wedge sponge and tapped on. it gives light coverage with 1 layer, medium with 2. matched my skin perfectly. i would not say this was absolutely fabulous but its not bad at all! its been 4 hours since application and my face is pretty matte still, i did not have to set this with a powder at all. i would recommend this to oily/combo girls. my first time using a DS foundation and i am impressed. my current favorite is UD Naked in 7.0. i will keep this bottle but not sure if its special enough to repurchase. my next ds purchase will be revlons naked skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

--------------------------------------------

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I want to return this but don't know if I have my receipt. :( I bought this because of the awesome reviews. And YouTube gurus make it look so lovely. I applied with a brush. Tried using my fingers. It looks too thick on me. If you have skin issues (blemishes, bumps, etc) or dry areas, this isn't for you. Large pores? Not for you. Good coverage. But seems to emphasize imperfections.