April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I have this in shade 842 (medium beige). I usually wear Rimmel 25 hour foundation and was doing good with that. This is a little easier to blend though both dry fast. It gave medium coverage without exaggerating dry spots and left my skin looking dewy at the end of the day, not oily. My face felt like skin, not makeup which is a plus. I wore this out on a walk and when I returned home, my face still looked good. I think I have to move up a color, but so far I am really like it. The real test will be during the summer. For reference, I have oily but sensitive skin with a tendency towards eczema. Update 1/8/14 I am now wearing the shade 850. During the summer, it did hold up fairly well with a few oily patches on my nose and cheeks, but overall it worked out for me. It provides the coverage I need and doesn't look cakey on my skin. It hasn't broken me out or caused any clog pores. I am still not ready to call it my HG as of yet since there are still other foundations I would like to try before I settle on a decision, but this comes very close.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel SO bad that I can't write a good review on this foundation..let me start off by saying I've never really liked anything by Covergirl. The fact that the reviews and Youtube videos were saying this foundation was amazing made me feel like I HAD to go out and try it. I'm in the process of finding my perfect foundation..and this COULD have been it, if it wasn't for the color selection.
I am as white as a sheet, and the lightest shade Ivory is not even close to Ivory..it's freakin orange! I put it on before I went to work and I didn't add any powder or anything else to it to see how it really held up on it's own. From in my bathroom the color looked ok, but man was I wrong. I can put a swatch on my hand and hold up the bottle next to it, and they look like completely different colors. From the bottle it looks like a nice light neutral shade, but it's not on the skin.
It kept my face looking amazing in every other aspect though. The coverage was awesome, it really did act like a primer because usually I get lines around my mouth in the middle of the day, if not sooner and this foundation didn't do that at all. Without powder, my nose was the only thing that got oily all day.
If any of you girls are as pale as me, like TRUE pale, I would say to buy this from a store that you can return it if you need to. I bought it from Ulta for $12.99, and I swear it would be the perfect foundation if they made it lighter. =(
EDIT: I also wanted to point out that I could literally smell the foundation all day, which I didn't like too much =( The ONLY foundation I have found to match my pale skin is Loreal True Match in the color porcelain.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the lightest shade 'Ivory 905' and it's a good match for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. Love the match and the pump applicator bottle, but that's where my love ends. I find the formula is initially creamy, but dries super fast into a very powdery finish. Because of the quick drying time application must be speedy or it's super streaky face. The very dry powdery finish was very surprising to me and honestly wasn't expecting it. The wear time is around 5 hours before the powdery finish seems to disappear and turn very greasy and oily, even on the drier parts of the face. After one week of use I have had to completely stop using this foundation as it broke me out big time. I rarely ever have break outs, but this is the only new product I've used and once I've stopped and went back to some of my old faithful foundations, my skin instantly cleared up. One interesting thing to note about this foundation is the SPF30 rating is kind of deceptive. The active ingredient listed on the bottle is ensulizole 3% and when doing some research I found out that ensulizole only protects your skin from UVB and minimally UVA.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by soeth23x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation. I have dry skin so I have to make sure that I moisturize heavily before using it, otherwise it gathers in dry areas. Other than that, it wears very nicely, stays on all day! The coverage is lovely and can be sheered out or you can build it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by moestokes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I use my fingers when buffing it in and it seems to do a great job. Not patchy at all on me.. This foundation lasts all day (8-9 hours) while i am at work. It controls my oily t-zone and chin quite well. Between this foundation and Revlon CS Whipped these are my favorites of 2013 so far. I have tried many many high end foundations and these 2 are my favorite. I will be repurchasing. Oh and I am a NW15 in MAC and Ivory works great on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really like this foundation!! I had to pick it up after seeing all the hype on this product! I got the shade in 810 Classic Ivory due to some reviews here (I have yellow undertones and this is a bit too pinky for me, but oh well)... But the color is a bit lighter than expected but can be fixed with some bronzer and powder to color correct. I love the finish, it is a natural matte (semi-matte and not flat) and keeps my oily face at bay for about 4-5 hours before blotting. It is a bit tricky with blending since the product is fast drying and you have to use it in small amounts. You have to let it dry before adding another layer because it can tend to look cakey and splotchy (I use a buffing brush and a sponge). It can emphasize dry areas (such as in the unibrow area and the edges of my nose) so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize!! I use a damp sponge to blend the product in around my nose and dry areas but a blending brush for the rest of my face. I definitely recommend to those with combination to oily skin...!!

I would definitely repurchase but probably in a shade or two darker....

Pros:
Beautiful finish (matte but natural like skin)
Great oil control (4-5 hours +)
Doesn't settle in fine lines
Medium to full coverage

Cons:
Hard to blend (Best to use damp sponge and blending brush)
Can oxidize throughout the day (turn darker)
Can emphasize dry areas
Can get cakey if not applied correctly
Not good for flash photography (but somehow varies between people)

UPDATE:
It's been almost a week and I still absolutely love love love this foundation over all the foundations I have tried and own... :) Even though the color is a bit off, it has the best texture, feel, and finish.

UPDATE #2:
I finally got Buff beige which is closer to my NC20-25 skintone :D

UPDATE #3:
Unfortanely, this is not waterproof at all. I mean it is sweat resistant because my face is pretty oily and I blot after 6 hours and there is no transfer. But today I was kinda crying/sobbing and you can definitely see the streaks down my face. Which sucks... My eye makeup was perfectly fine but these streaks -...-

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This foundation is simply amazing ! (I wear the shade Ivory, it matches my skin perfectly) I usually don't wear and don't like liquid foundation, cause it feels too heavy on my skin. I also have very oily skin, which is sensitive and prone to break outs. My pores are easily clogged too. But, this is by far the best liquid foundation I've ever tried!! It evens my skin tone perfectly, doesn't set into pores at all (I think it minimize them instead) and it lasts all day ! Liquid foundations usually don't last on me, and I always have to set it with a powder, and blot a few times. But, this foundation stay fabulous all the day, as it claims to do! The only con is that it may accentuate the dry patches. Be sure you moisturize your skin before. I tried to put this on with my fingers, but it wasn't natural and felt heavy. So, I used a damp beauty blender instead, and I can tell it was way better !! I would repurchase anytime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice foundation, nice pigmentation and coverage. It applies great using your fingers. I have one gripe and this foundation transfers! I fell asleep with it on and it went all over my pillow- I guess that's not much of a dealbreaker, just taking off a lippie for that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

o.m.goodness! I took the early reviews with a grain of salt, but curiosity got the better of me a few days ago at CVS. I was waiting for my new minerals to arrive, so I thought, why not? This has got to be the biggest/best makeup surprise ever! I was a little apprehensive about it being too matte, but it's a different kind of matte, sort of the texture of good bare skin. And it looks like good bare skin!

My skin is pretty dry now, especially in winter, and even more in the low-low humidity of the hospital where I work, so I've been diligent about moisturizing. Before using this, my skin could look kind of dry and tired later in the day. Now, at mid-day I'm a little shiny, but a quick blot with a paper towel makes it look just applied until I'm getting ready for bed. And it's all still there!

Equally important and surprising is that it doesn't bother my eyes, which have seemed to sting with anything other than minerals for a few years now, or my skin, which has become much more sensitive in recent years.

But none of this would matter much if it weren't so amazingly pretty on.

For reference, I'm using this in Classic Ivory, which seems to be close to MAC NC20 and Bobbi Brown Sand.

UPDATE---Still loving it, though decided that nude beige is a better match, actually a perfect match. My skin tends to be on the dry side, so I moisturize thoroughly. When doing one section at a time, the single pump is more than enough to cover my whole face.

UPDATE #2--I've strayed. Nothing wrong with this, but I'm still hankering after perfection. As if...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by BornGothic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have an oily tzone and some cystic acne spots. This has to be one of the worst foundations I have ever used. I tried 3 different shades and settled on Medium Beige for my neutral 20-25 skintone. It is patchy, does not sink in ans separates after a few hours. I've tried a beauty blender, sigma sigmas brushes, fingers and a Mac 109. Nothing makes it buff in. Tried even as little as a half pump. When it dries it looks cakey and settles into fine lines, giving crepe face when I smile. Doesn't have any oil control; makes small foundation islands on my semi oily t zone. To the swap pile it goes. :/

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No