September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to go and get one of these to see if it lives up to all the hype...I have to say they are pretty nice! I don't think they are worth almost $8 though! I got one in Sugar Plum and it is very hydrating and nicely pigmented. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a scent. I guess this is a plus for many but with the yummy sounding names I expected a yummy smell. I do like these but I think the Palladio tinted lip balm is just as good and priced much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Bobo348

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought 5 of these the first day they showed up in my Rite Aid store. I just loved the word "butter", and since I'm addicting to lipsticks so I couldn't help myself but to grab them. Ok, to be honest, I don't think that they are that special. I like them enough to use them twice a week. They are very pigmented, but not moisturizing at all. Please do not attempt to use them to replace your lip balms, it will not work. I like the color selections and the glossiness that showed on my lips. But....yes, it will dry your lips out after 1 hour if you applied more than 2 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mcclouas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am still deciding whether these live up to the hype! When applied the lip butters go on like a moisturizing lip balm, but they don't feel all that different from the Revlon colorstay lipsticks to be honest (maybe just a little more glossy), and staying power for me is only a couple hours at max. After a couple hours my lips felt more dry and the product wears off unevenly. I wanted to use these like a lip balm, but keep in mind they are very pigmented so watch out. I found mine both at Rite-Aid and Walgreens for $7.49 (they had displays in the front of the cosmetics aisle).I have purchased and tried at one point : lollipop, peach parfait, pink truffle, and berry smoothie.

Lollipop: this is a VERY pigmented FUSHIA pink, its electric. To bold for me everyday or anytime; I returned this one.
Peach Parfait: This gives my lips a little more pigment then they already have, almost has a hint of salmon/coral color, mixed with pink shimmer. Its very wearable for everyday!
Pink Truffle: I had read about this one and really wanted to love it. However, the color pulls more brown on me than pink. Also if you re-apply this one it gets to be a very deep color. (Returned)
Berry Smoothie: This is a very wearable mauve pink for everyday! It maybe has a little bit of shimmer but for the most part is matte and gives your lips just a little bit of color pop, very classy!
Overall, I will probably seek out the sugar plum color; but will wait till I see them on sale. I think the lip butters are good, but not for the full price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to find these at my local CVS even though it seems many people have had a hard time finding these. They were running BOGO 50% off, plus Revlon qualified toward a $10.00 gift card if you purchased $30 worth of product. I got four colors. I am about a NW15 with lips that are NOT pigmented, for reference. Berry Smoothie = really pretty deeper cool to neutral pink on me, Sugar Frosting = this is the color I'd probably reach for most days, it gives me a TAD bit of color, but for me it's more of a pinky-nudeish lip without going brown, Cotton Candy = so gorgeous, a cool light pink with gold shimmer, and Pink Truffle = my least favorite.. was hoping it would be the YLBB color many described. On me it pulls more brown than mauve-pink. It also is one of those colors that makes my teeth look more yellow (I wish I could whiten my teeth but one of my front teeth had a root canal so I would need to get veneers on both front teeth, expensive... someday...). Anyway, these are great. Staying power is about 2 hours, and after that they leave a bit of a stain. They are creamy but I wouldn't really call them balm like, or lip butter like, from the different balms and butters I've tried. They just feel like a nice moisturizing lipstick. I do think the texture is similar to the Dior Addict lipsticks as others have suggested. I really like them and if you can find them on sale or a BOGO they're a great price. I'm actually not much of a lipstick person, usually a gloss person, but these sucked me in. Since I don't wear lipstick often I don't want to pay a ton for it. I love that these are moisturizing and seem to have a great color selection. The package is super cute. I do wish that they had made the base of the stick a little longer, and the cap a tad shorter. As others have stated they can sometimes be a pain to open up because there isn't much to grip at the bottom. Overall I love these and I'll probably repurchase them when I run out. I want to find Red Velvet for the holiday season!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked up a couple of these after seeing all the pics/raves on the MU board. I had read they were drying, so i was a little concerned about that, since my lips already suffer from dryness. To my surprise, these weren't drying at all - not moisturizing, either, but they were creamy and smooth in application. I picked up Pink Truffle (a mauvey warm rose) and Red Velvet (a dark red in the tube, but turned more purple on application) and like both (I'm an NC40 w/green eyes). Red velvet is probably better suited for night/going out than work, but overall, i'm impressed with the formula and pigmentation. Will probably pick up a few more (make sure to buy on sale - $7.99 is a little much for a drugstore lipstick, IMO).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by JennieT2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i feel if makeupalley were a physical location, i would be covered in tomatoes for not loving this product! =) it's ok, i think it is kind of crazy the hype this product is creating. yes, it does have a nice sheen and softens somewhat, but this is not life changing imho and i will definitely not be hoarding all of the shades by any means. i have Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee and am preferring Creme Brulee for sure. Peach Parfait has a shimmery look versus Creme Brulee is a solid nude color with sheen. don't get me wrong, these are nice, but not the holy grail of lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bebe_sam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just picked up Pink Truffle and Sweet Tart today and these are awesome! Pink Truffle is a pinky-mauvey-brown which is very flattering. It's one of those colors that will go with any eye makeup, etc. and Sweet Tart is a bright pink but comes out pretty sheer but still adds colors to my lips. These remind me of L'oreal juice color stick which I believe are discontinued. Texture is smooth and these apply on thick so it's really doesn't have the texture of lip balm but it is still very moisturizing. FYI: I got mine at CVS and they were have a BOGO half off on Revlon makeup. Will def be purchasing more colors! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm Asian medium-olive toned. NC35/C4. I veer toward more warm-tones but can pull off certain cool tones as well. I also have pigmented rosy-mauve lips.

First of all, they *had me* with the word "butter!" I've owned a couple Clinique Buttershines previously but didn't like the color selection & found the texture to be too thick for my taste.

These Colorburst Lip Butters are creamy, buttery & moisturizing, but not as thick as Clinique's. Living in a desert region, I get very dry & flaky lips. These lipsticks have been fantastic at moisturizing my lips while giving fabulous color! No need for lip balm underneath or on top.

I only gave this "2" for packaging because (1) the top of the case, which is a clear window for you to view the actual lipstick inside, had cracks on a number of them & (2) I find these very difficult to open, as it is hard to get a good grip on them. I have to struggle more than I should to get them open!

I paid $7.49 for these but found them on sale at CVS for BOGO 1/2 off, plus scored a $10 Amex gift card with $30 Revlon purchase with CVS card.

These are the colors I got:

Lollipop: A bright fuchsia that flatters my skintone. I reach for this one the most out of my Lip Butter collection. Definitely not a color for the faint of heart. Very pigmented.

Berry Smoothie: A light to medium mauve that exactly matched my naturally pigmented lips. I returned this because it didn't show up on my lips at all.

Fig Jam: A brownish red that reminds me of a pigmented Clinique Black Honey. Which is a good thing, because I found Black Honey to be too sheer for my taste.

Red Velvet: I have to choose my reds carefully, because orange-reds look garish on me while blue-reds wash me out. I can only wear neutral reds & this is exactly what Red Velvet is. Very flattering on me. Nicely pigmented.

Pink Truffle: A neutral pinky-brown. Great as an everyday color that goes with anything I wear. This is the color I would grab if I were running late & needed to get out of the house quickly! I thought it would match my natural lipcolor when looking at it in the tube, but it actually is less mauve than I expected, so it shows up on my lips.

Sweet Tart: A bright summery pink that applies on sheerer than it appears in the tube. Flattering on me.

Creme Brulee: a nude beige that I was skeptical about, because most nude colors look like clear gloss on my pigmented lips. This showed up nicely on my lips. ***Edited to add: This color ended up being too close to my skintone & washed me out. Returned it.

Strawberry Shortcake: A warm baby pink. On the fence with this one. The color just seems to "sit" on my lips. I returned it because it was very unflattering on me.

Brown Sugar: A nice flattering medium brown without looking muddy on me.

Sugar Plum: a sheer plum with brown undertones. Reminds me of the Club Monaco lipstick that Monica Lewinsky wore during her Barbara Walters interview & every woman went crazy over!

Raspberry Jam: Very pigmented raspberry dark pink. This is a LOUD color on me. Still uncertain if I'm going to keep this or not. ***Edited to add: I am LOVING this color! I just have to psyche myself up to wear it because it screams "look at me!"

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by shinycat1

So let me start by saying how freakin hard these are to find. I think that the more I read the reviews the more I became obsessed with finding them. Every time I go to the nearest drugstores I end up so disappointed because the display they're in are all sold out. I finally found them in a rite aid nearby but they only had a small selection left behind.
I bought two colors, which are pink truffle and tutti frutti. Pink truffle is a nice color, it's almost the same color of my lips, like a dark pinkish color. It's very lovely specially for those days where you want you're lips to just be simple and healthy looking.
Tutti frutti is a coral color which I found to be quite pretty. It's like a sheer orange pink.
The lip butters are very nice. These are like a balm but it gives a sheer but buildable color. I love these because they give enough pigmentation without drying my lips.
They're a bit thick when you apply them, but I find them comfortable and smooth. It has shine on them but it's not extreme or anything like that. It does make my lips smooth but I wouldn't depend on them if my lips were insanely dry. The color doesn't fade unevenly, instead it leaves this pretty color behind plus there is no taste or smell, which I absolutely love. The packaging is really pretty and sturdy. Overall I think it's a good buy.

Edit: 11/22/2011

Ok so I've had these for awhile now and I added four more to my collection. The colors I got were berry smoothie, cherry tart, candy apple, and red velvet.
Candy apple- this shade took me forever to find! I finally found it at target, and there was actually a lot of it left, like 4 or 5. I felt quite lucky and excited. Anyway, it's a sheer red with orange undertones. It's so pretty... I know it sounds weird to say but it's like the perfect snow white lippy. It's bright and pigmented but still sheer enough to make it super wearable.
Red velvet- I know that this shade is highly coveted so I was excited to see this at my local rite-aid. It's a highly pigmented maroon red, and it reminds me of the color of blood. I was afraid it would appear fuschia on my lips but it didn't. It's pretty when worn sheer and dramatic when layered several times. Love it!
Cherry tart- ok so I hate shimmers in my lip products. I just can't stand it. But this shade is just so pretty. It's a Popsicle red color, and it gives you that healthy flush of color. It has shimmer, but it's so subtle that it just appears luminous. They're super tiny,and hardly noticeable. Its has a bit of pinkish tone in it, and its a very wearable red because of how sheer it is. This and candy apple are my favorite shades,
Berry smoothie- this has shimmer too but its really pretty and not obvious much like cherry tart. The color is like a nude pinkish berry with shimmer. I like this one a lot specially when I try a smoky eye look.

So yeah that's my collection. I have my eye on sweet tart next but for now I'm just happy I have these shades. I will add that the shimmery shades tend to leave a bit of shimmer when it fades and that the product sometimes still needed a bit of lip balm. I know it sounds like it defeats its purpose but I think it's only because at those times my lips were super dry. So don't depend on these to be a substitute for your chapstick or lip balm. They are moisturizing but not enough for really dry lips, they will patch up if you apply it that way. Also another con would be that there is not a lot of product inside the tubes! There is seriously not enough especially since the lasting hour is probably around an hour or two. Still, they have such beautiful shades and a
nice formula that makes my lips look luscious so I just put up with it.
I know this is long so this is where I'll stop! Hopefully I helped some of you guys..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gennisasis

Definate repurchase :)! I have the lip butters in berry smoothie and peach parfait both gorgeous wearable colors for medium skin toned ladies ;). The fact that they're permanent kind of made my whole life haha. The only bad thing i have to say is that the staying power isnt so great BUT HEY good things don't always last forever, just reapply and your good :D!