April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My main problem with this product is the color selection. I prefer a neutral toned light pink shade. I purchased "Cupcake" and if you like a "Barbie-esque" lip, this is perfect. The texture of the product is more lipstick than balm. In fact, had the product not been named "lip butter" I would have thought it was just a new line of lipsticks. The other colors available were darker pinks, roses, and warmer shades that didn't interest me. Overall, it's not a bad product. As a lipstick, the texture is nice and the packaging is decent. I just wish there were more brown-based shades available (ala Bobbi Brown).

**Picked up "Peach Parfait" after seeing it on Emma Stone on the Revlon website. Richly pigmented peach toned lip. Works well with Revlon Matte Peach blush or Clinique "Precious Posy". If you are feeling "peachy", this is one to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just a moisturizing lippie. You would think with the hype of this, this is a new concept. I do like the shades but the formula hasn't much staying power. They have too much color to be a chapstick and not enough for a lipstick and in the winter when when my lips are dry this accentuates the cracks beleive it or not. I prefer to do mattes myself and just use a good chapstick all day.....but I did like shades and would say they would suit a wide range of skintypes. Subtle, good for maybe younger girls but this is pretty overrated so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE these!!! After seeing all the great reviews of these lip butters, and seeing them in several YouTube reviews, I had to buy them. The ONLY place I have seen them so far is at one Walgreens where I live (NC). I have searched at CVS, Target, Rite Aid, and also bed Bath and Beyond (even called Ulta) but no other stores here have them yet. I have Sugar Frosting, Gumdrop, and also Sugar Plum. I normally do glosses, as I dont really like lipstick alone, but these lip butters have enough color that they look like a sheer lipstick. I really want to buy the Red Velvet one, but sadly, the store doesnt have all of the colors yet, so I have to wait on that one. (The Walgreens where I bought them only has a small shelf display of them with select colors). I will definitely buy more of these, but hopefully on sale eventually (I hate spending almost 8 dollars for each, but I bought them now at full price just because I really wanted to try them). The Sugar Frosting is a light color, the Gumdrop is slightly purple, and the Sugar Plum is a brownish, purple color (with a hint of pink) I love the sugar plum because it gives a slight red tint, but its not a tacky red. I originally got the Fig Jam, but I returned it because it was too brown (and there was no purple tint as a few people had stated in their reviews). I will definitely get more of these and recommend that everyone try them!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I was not impressed...with all the great ingredients listed, I expected this lippie to be super great but instead it is more like an expensive chap stick! I did not find it to be extra special in any way. I bought the darker pink one. It was hard to see on my lips no matter how many times I applied it. No taste, no smell either which is odd to me considering all the ingredients they listed. I returned it the very next day! Maybe if Revlon vamps this lippie up some more I will try it again but for now, it cost too much for what it is and how it looks on me. I would rather add another 7 dollars and go buy me a MAC favorite for the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those who doesn't understand the hype. These are ok, just barely ok. They are not particularily moisturizing and the color doesn't last long. I noticed in the photos above the thread that they are shown on a young woman with beautiful plump lips. Any lipstick will look great on those lips as opposed to older women with thinner/drier lips. The lip butters have a nice selection of colors, but the texture is not flattering to older lips--greasy and a little dry at the same time, if that's even possible, not long lasting at all in the lighter colors. I will use them, but I won't repurchase.

11 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow...this stuff is WAY overrated. I bought it thinking it would be rich and buttery. But it's kinda thin and Vasiline-y, like a cheap liquid lipbalm (think Blistex in the squeeze tube). I've noticed that some lip products, due to formula alone, make my lips look either fuller or (ugh) smaller. It has to do with whatever emollients are used. Some formulas just kind of plump your lips. But this formula makes my lips look SMALLER. It's like the outline of my lips actually seems to shrink in a little. I've had it happen with a few other products and I'm sad it happened with this. To get a good look, I'd need a lipliner and gloss and that kind of defeats the purpose of this product. Since this made my lips look worse, I can't really recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I'm so iffy about this product, considering I love Revlon. In the last two weeks I've bought nearly every shade. There are some nicely pigmented shades like red velvet and shimmery ones like the peach one. But at least six colors barely show up. Sure, they're moisturizing, but so are the regular colorburst lipsticks from Revlon. I don't like the flat top bullet of the actual lipstick either because it's messier to apply, esp since I don't have Angelina's poufy lips. While the packaging is cute, the cap is so hard to remove sometimes. With all the sales and coupons I may purchase more if a new color comes out, but I'd much rather stick to the Super Lustrous classic line from Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mmmMarilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, you know. Just the best thing in the entire history of the world.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Tlee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyone's raving about the Fig Jam and Pink Truffle, but I LOVE the Sugar Plum. The perfect rich&juicy MLBB shade. No brown. I'll go with Berry Smoothie next Spring, but for now I am set.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by productmomma

I got this in Peach Parfait and love it. Very moisturizing, but not greasy or waxy. Really flattering color. A keeper!