October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

After visiting 5 different CVS store, I finally was able to get my hands on Raspberry Pie and Candy Apple. I went for these colors because I was afraid the other ones might be too sheer. I tried them on right away when I got home. To my surprise, these are SOOO pigmented. Just one swipe and the colors showed up nicely on my lips. They are especially creamy and moisturizing. Usually lipsticks accentuate lines on my lips but these don't at all. The colors are pretty nice. Raspberry is a dark purple-ish pink on me, and candy apple is kinda orange red. I love them both. I'll look at some online swatches of other colors I'm interested in before picking them up.
They are on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% at CVS this week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I completely love these new lip butters! They are everything I have always wanted my listicks to be: smooth, creamy, moisturizing, and pretty! I have the colors cupcake, strawberry shortcake, and sweet tart. They are all pink shades and I definitely want to get a red and a nude at some point! These lip butters come in I believe 20 shades so there is a huge selection to choose from! Most people say these do not have a scent to them but I think they have the most perfect, slight, sweet, vanilla scent. I can't say enough good things about these... they are my latest obsession!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a lot of these, about 11 to be exact. They are overall very pigmented, and go on very smoothly. I have tan skin and pigmented lips already so there are a few colors that just didn't show up on me, berry smoothie, and creme brulee. Berry smooth is a pink mauve color with shimmer and creme brulee is almost a nude color. I took off one lippie for the fact that they don't last a very long time and fade after an hour or so. So I have to keep reapplying. A bit drying, I need to wear this with my jack black lip balm.

EDIT: I can't really wear these...the lasting power sucks, and they just keep drying my lips out too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm definitely digging the lip butters, I bought them in 4 different shades since CVS was having a BOGO 50% sale for Revlon. I bought cupcake, creme brulee, pink truffle, and tutti frutti. My favorite is probably either cupcake or creme brulee. I like them because they glide on smoothly, have decent pigmentation, and aren't sticky at all. I don't think they are as moisturizing as a lip balms or chapstick or anything like that but they do alright in that field. My lips are naturally pretty pigmented so I do need a few layers for the color to show up. I find that they have 0 staying power though... that's not a huge bust for me since I reapply lip products constantly but for some people who don't want to do that may have a problem with these. Overall, I think they're pretty nice!
PROS: Good color selection, creamy, somewhat moisturizing, nice packaging (love how they click into place), decent pigmentation
CONS: little staying power, a bit higher price on the drugstore end of lip products but good if you can find a coupon/deal.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by midge55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fig Jam is the best sheer lipstick I have found! A perfect reddish brown, just my lips but more pronounced. It is very moisturizing. I find that I have to apply more frequently than I would like, but I love this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got Fig Jam and Red Velvet...I have warm skin and these both work for me. One lippie off for drying qualities, tho I am pleased they have no scent, since scented lippies usually are distracting to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by LadyBugGrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to go and get one of these to see if it lives up to all the hype...I have to say they are pretty nice! I don't think they are worth almost $8 though! I got one in Sugar Plum and it is very hydrating and nicely pigmented. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have a scent. I guess this is a plus for many but with the yummy sounding names I expected a yummy smell. I do like these but I think the Palladio tinted lip balm is just as good and priced much better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Bobo348

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought 5 of these the first day they showed up in my Rite Aid store. I just loved the word "butter", and since I'm addicting to lipsticks so I couldn't help myself but to grab them. Ok, to be honest, I don't think that they are that special. I like them enough to use them twice a week. They are very pigmented, but not moisturizing at all. Please do not attempt to use them to replace your lip balms, it will not work. I like the color selections and the glossiness that showed on my lips. But....yes, it will dry your lips out after 1 hour if you applied more than 2 coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by mcclouas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am still deciding whether these live up to the hype! When applied the lip butters go on like a moisturizing lip balm, but they don't feel all that different from the Revlon colorstay lipsticks to be honest (maybe just a little more glossy), and staying power for me is only a couple hours at max. After a couple hours my lips felt more dry and the product wears off unevenly. I wanted to use these like a lip balm, but keep in mind they are very pigmented so watch out. I found mine both at Rite-Aid and Walgreens for $7.49 (they had displays in the front of the cosmetics aisle).I have purchased and tried at one point : lollipop, peach parfait, pink truffle, and berry smoothie.

Lollipop: this is a VERY pigmented FUSHIA pink, its electric. To bold for me everyday or anytime; I returned this one.
Peach Parfait: This gives my lips a little more pigment then they already have, almost has a hint of salmon/coral color, mixed with pink shimmer. Its very wearable for everyday!
Pink Truffle: I had read about this one and really wanted to love it. However, the color pulls more brown on me than pink. Also if you re-apply this one it gets to be a very deep color. (Returned)
Berry Smoothie: This is a very wearable mauve pink for everyday! It maybe has a little bit of shimmer but for the most part is matte and gives your lips just a little bit of color pop, very classy!
Overall, I will probably seek out the sugar plum color; but will wait till I see them on sale. I think the lip butters are good, but not for the full price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to find these at my local CVS even though it seems many people have had a hard time finding these. They were running BOGO 50% off, plus Revlon qualified toward a $10.00 gift card if you purchased $30 worth of product. I got four colors. I am about a NW15 with lips that are NOT pigmented, for reference. Berry Smoothie = really pretty deeper cool to neutral pink on me, Sugar Frosting = this is the color I'd probably reach for most days, it gives me a TAD bit of color, but for me it's more of a pinky-nudeish lip without going brown, Cotton Candy = so gorgeous, a cool light pink with gold shimmer, and Pink Truffle = my least favorite.. was hoping it would be the YLBB color many described. On me it pulls more brown than mauve-pink. It also is one of those colors that makes my teeth look more yellow (I wish I could whiten my teeth but one of my front teeth had a root canal so I would need to get veneers on both front teeth, expensive... someday...). Anyway, these are great. Staying power is about 2 hours, and after that they leave a bit of a stain. They are creamy but I wouldn't really call them balm like, or lip butter like, from the different balms and butters I've tried. They just feel like a nice moisturizing lipstick. I do think the texture is similar to the Dior Addict lipsticks as others have suggested. I really like them and if you can find them on sale or a BOGO they're a great price. I'm actually not much of a lipstick person, usually a gloss person, but these sucked me in. Since I don't wear lipstick often I don't want to pay a ton for it. I love that these are moisturizing and seem to have a great color selection. The package is super cute. I do wish that they had made the base of the stick a little longer, and the cap a tad shorter. As others have stated they can sometimes be a pain to open up because there isn't much to grip at the bottom. Overall I love these and I'll probably repurchase them when I run out. I want to find Red Velvet for the holiday season!!!