October 23, 2014 | 1800 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by gudewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the oil, loathe the bottle (I keep mine in a dropper). Works well as a gentle facial mositurizer (dry, very red, easily irritated skin), and a little goes a looonnng way. My only real complaint is the bottle. It's impossible to travel with this stuff in the original bottle unless you have it double-bagged in ziplocs, because it leaks horribly. But all in all, an indispensable and economical moisturizer.
UPDATE 12/07: Don't know why it never occurred to me, but today I rubbed 2-3 drops of this in my hands and applied to the ends of my hair. Bye-bye dry winter-air static hair, WAY better than any commercial balm or shiner I've tried. Many uses for this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cassie785l

LOVE IT! I don't use this on my face, but I do squirt a little bit of this with my body lotion and it works wonders. It even helped to heal my flakey sunburn this summer :) My favorite use for this product is as an overnight treatment for my hair. I'm trying to grow my hair out, and this is helping so much. I have no split ends, and haven't had to trim my hair since May (which is a miracle since I get bleached blonde highlights). Even if I've teased my hair that day, when I put jojoba oil in it at night all the tangles just come right out. It's truly amazing. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the packaging. As other reviewers have noted, it is nearly impossible to close the cap without making a mess, and even more difficult to control the amount of product that comes out of the bottle...but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Wonderful stuff! A tiny amount rubbed down freshly washed & dried hair makes it so shiny & smoothes frizzies. Rub into scalp and hair for a great moisturizing hair treatment. I also use it everyday for an eye makeup remover (even better than lancome bifacil!), and spot treatments on dry skin patches. I will never go without this stuff again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Veen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this since a skincare diva friend of mine recommended it. It's good for everything. Bath oil, facial moisturizer, body moisturizer, hands, feet, makeup removal, conditioner, everything.

I find I get the best results when I mix a drop or two of this into facial moisturizer and then pat, not rub, when applying. I will use soft strokes to apply to very dry areas, such as my forehead, but gentle pats of my fingertips to apply to acne-prone areas such as cheeks and nose.

Give it a shot. If it doesn't work on your face, it'll be great for your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Mikella

I use a local brand of Jojoba oil. I had read a bit about it, and then found reviews on here, so I decided to buy it about 5 days ago. I have very fair, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin that tends to be uneven. I prefer using it at night so far, one day I used one drop under a liiight moisturizer under my makeup, and my makeup kind of melted off. But I definitely will be using it every night. Not only does it kill bacteria and balance your skin (and how much oil it produces).. it moisturizes beautifully. I would recommend this to eeeveryone. You literally only need ONE drop, if you use more you'll probably be prettttty greasy! One drop works perfectly :) So it will last AGES. It seems expensive for the amount you get.. but when you think about how long you'll have that one bottle, it really doesn't matter. It is GREAT for hands... my hands and cuticles look good just after using it on my face and rubbing my hands. I have yet to use it in my hair... I have a TON of fine, currrrrrly hair.. I'll give it a try. I'll update when I've used Jojoba oil for a longer period of time :) Thus far, my skin is VERY happy!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use the Desert Essence kind, I have the NOW brand jojoba oil. I'm so glad MUA turned me on to it. I've been using this as a facial moisturizer at night with no problems at all. BTW...I have pretty normal skin with an oily nose in the summer and slightly dry forehead in the winter...very few breakouts throughout the year. This is also excellent as a makeup remover, hair frizz reducer, etc. The bottle sucks...it's hard to get a few drops out without a mess! Overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by virgy123

I've been using Dessert Essence Jojoba oil for years on hair and hands, only started using it on face within the last 8 months. It removes my makeup very well and when I see pores around my nose start to clog up, I'll pay extra attention to rub around that area thoroughly. Since jojoba is a wax, it literally melts pore-clogging sebum.

I'm lucky to live close to a Trader Joe's. I can pick up a 4 oz. bottle of this for only 7 bucks and always keep an extra one around so I don't ever have to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

i use this as a makeup remover. it works like a charm, it gets everything off and then i follow up with a cleanser to make sure the greasy feel of it is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

An outstanding multitasking product!! It goes from being a good face treatment (wipe off with damp cloth), or warm a couple drops and press onto face as a moisturizer boost, to being your hair's best friend: three drops (work it into your hands first), and gently pat down a frizzy mane, and it's a great, natural looking shine. Add a drop or two to conditioner or shampoo to help with dry hair. I hear this oil works well for acne, but all I know is it won't make it worse. However, that container is not good. Have to put it in a separate bag to travel, cuz somehow it's gonna leak at least a little, and it's impossible to close it without it getting all over the place. Easy to find though, and reasonably priced considering how long it will last and how many uses it has.
Edit: Lately I've been using a couple drops of this under my ss in the AM and under night cream at night, and it's been fantastic, kind of an anti-inflammatory&hydrating effect. Brought back the dewiness. Sure, it looks a little shiny for an hour or so, but on me it fades away into a nice balance.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the idea of a multi-use product, I have found no success with jojoba oil. When I first began using this on my face, which is breakout-prone, I got pimples in places I'd never gotten them before--my forehead, for instance. Those on my forehead faded away, but while my acne is generally localized to my jawline, it is now all over my cheeks two months later. No matter how little I used I ended up with greasy-looking hair. Maybe this will work as a cuticle oil--I've really run out of ideas of what to do with it. If you do try it, I would highly recommend transferring this product to a bottle with an eye dropper, as it's the only way to consistently measure out a small amount (all or more than you need). You also need 10-20 minutes for this to absorb before applying makeup--a total hassle. For someone with normal skin, this may be brilliant. Not for me, though.