October 1, 2014 | 1071 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by changelyng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some unknown reason Chanel does not release the lighter shades of their foundations in Australia (we're not all bronzed amazons here) so I was ecstatic to discover that the Vitalumiere Aqua was available here in lighter shades (I am normally an NW15 in MAC and bought a Beige Rose in Vitalumiere Aqua).

I have dry skin and am currently using this in the Australian Summer. The results of my experience with this foundation so far:

Pros:
* doesn't feel cakey,
* no flakiness on my dry skin (unheard of),
* skin feels soft and silky to the touch,
* coverage is excellent for Summer (I need concealer but that's to be expected),
* looks very natural with a very subtle sheen on my skin
* packaging is functional and portable
* colour range available is great (for pale people like me)
* can apply with foundation brush of fingers if necessary

Cons:
* can't see how much is left in the bottle

Overall, this is a great light weight foundation that looks and feels natural and works well on dry skin.

***Edit***
After 3 months of using this foundation, I can say I truly love it. At the moment, I'm cycling between this and MAC Face and Body, depending on how much coverage I want. If I'm going out and I want extra coverage sometimes I mix my Illamasqua Rich Liquid with my Vitalumiere Aqua and it works really well. I've got to say that I'm really pleased with this. My boyfriend keeps telling me how great my skin is looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on my insanely dry Winter skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xomiu

Price:
I got it for about $60, & it's only 30ml... but hey, it's Chanel, it's going to be expensive. So I try not to use too much, which is fine, since in the summer you don't need to.

Packaging:
The foundation itself comes in a plastic bottle which although is a little cheap looking, is better since it doesn't break. The ... opening? of the bottle, is a bit hard to control how much you want to come out, so be careful. But it's not too bad, & hygienic.

The foundation:
SHAKE REALLY WELL, otherwise it comes out part goopy, part watery. But when you do... the foundation, when applied, is really, really nice. It feels like you're not wearing ANY foundation at all, & doesn't clog. Your skin feels naturally nice, without being oily or dry.

When set with powder, the finish is really beautiful, glowing & natural - like you're not wearing foundation at all! But although the foundation covers minor imperfections with redness & enlarged pores, you will need to use a concealer for scars/pimples

The colour is great - I'm a fair yellow-toned Asian and B10 works perfectly! Doesn't oxidise either, or break me out - I'm pretty sensitive to a lot of products, but this is great. You can remove it with water or makeup remover pretty easily too.

Lasting power is okay, you'll need to touch up with powder during the course of the day.

Overall, I really love this foundation - just a shame it's SO pricy for the little amount you get! I would repurchase though, just because it's the best thing I've used. Ever.

xo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MargaritaLo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying a lot of liquid foundation, from nars, makeup forever, revlon...etc... I finally found my HG! I love this.. It's so lightweight. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliakh

Amazing stuff. This is my HG liquid foundation, after trying a lot of different liquid foundations - and I have tried them all.
It is very lightweight and has a perfect shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

1) Though this is a sheerer formulation, this foundation has amazing coverage. I use my fingers to lay down the first layer, and a foundation brush to build it up. However, I find that fingers is more than enough my skin, including coverage of problematic areas such as around my nose/lips and any scars from zits
2) I have combination skin that gets incredibly oily on the cheeks and t-zone area. This foundation does well to hold off my oil production - I'd say 3 hours before I have to start blotting which may seem like a short while, but hey, I've tried foundations that have encouraged oil production.
3) This foundation does not block my pores and is very easy to cleanse with a routine of make-up wipes and liquid cleanser.

I highly recommend this!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does have a very nice, natural finish and I consider the coverage a step up from a tinted moisturizer. What dissapointed me about this foundation though, was that it didn't last on my oily t-zone and made it shiny. I have combination skin and by 3/4 of the day, the redness on and around my nose is obvious, even when applied with concealer and powder on top. Lasting power is one my top criteria for a foundation, so unfortunately this failed. I would recommend it for people with normal-dry skin who wants light natural coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my HG liquid foundation,after trying a lot of different liquid foundation...very lightweight and has a perfect shade for me...sheer coverage that can be build up to medium, enough coveraqe for daily wear plus it has spf in it...the most important part is its water based and leaves my skin non greasy...i just dust chanel natural finish loose powder on top and face make up is done...will never allow myself to ran out of this product so im getting a back up just in case they DC like TI...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by joucygal

when i was given a sample and tried this Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere (AV)... i was astounded. it was ssssooooooooo wonderful to apply and the finishing was ssssoooo naturally perfect, i went out and got a bottle that very day!!! i have NEVER applied any liquid foundation like Chanel's AV before. for the record, i've used Dior Nude, Estee's Double-Wear Light, Lancome's Teint Miracle, Chanel's Vitalumiere. just make sure you shake super vigorously (haha) and then when u pour out and dab some on your face, u need only to lightly tap it and it just blends, melts and merges into your skin, like it was part of your skin!!!!!! it's just surreal. the coverage is sheer and natural, like no foundation at all (if u find the perfect color that is). my only qualm is it's a tad too satiny (i.e. shiny) for me, as i have combo skin, and the sheen shows. reminds me of its pre-decessor, Vitalumiere (which is also heavenly to apply and in terms of effect, but waaayyy too oily for me). i'm also not a fan of the plastic squeezy bottle, looks a bit cheap compared to all other Chanel foundation packaging (good for travel tho'!!!). pity. its application process feels like a dream (no harder than applying Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair, yups, it's THAT easy) and the finish is flawlessly natural. if u don't mind a satiny finish, then this is the one for u (esp if u have dry/normal skin). THAT SAID, because it's sssooooooooo easy to apply and like a 2nd skin when on (bar the shine), i will definitely repurchase. am a MAC NC25-30/EL DWL 01/Dior Nude 020/Lancome Teint Miracle PO-03, and i use B020 for AV. there are 3x 020 shades, Beige, Beige Ochre (BO) and Beige Rose (BR)), just make sure you get the correct shade (and there are plenty to choose from). RM156 for 30ml is ok, but not cheap either. one last word: SHAKE SUPER WELL before use and you will LOVE it. if not for the satin finish, this would have surpassed Dior' Nude's for HG status :) but it's a very close 2nd HG. will buy and buy and buy again :) if you're a non-liquid-foundation girl like me, this is THE one for u. even a 1st-timer would be able to apply it flawlessly. don't think, just go get one. no regrets. u'll want more...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Kalyca

I'am suprised - this foundation is amazing. I was sceptical becouse it has light coverage, but you can build it..so coverage is not a problem at all.
It's stays on for all day (+ chanel loose powder on it), the smell is wonderfull and the feeling on skin is great
Also, the colour choice is good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay. I’ll try to avoid superlatives, although I want to use them excessively here. But who knows, when the novelty of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua wears off… will I still love it as much as I do now? ( I’ll let you know)

I got a sample in B30, which despite being too dark for my face looked pretty good nonetheless. Intrigued I read reviews on here and based on those I ended up getting a sample of Estee Lauder DW instead of Chanel. It’s an okay foundation, it’s just that there’s nothing special about it. Then I found out I read the reviews for Chanel Vitalumiere instead of Chanel’s newest innovation: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

Now Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is quite the story! Based on the very promising sample I skipped the ‘getting a sample in a better shade’ stadium and boldly got the real thing in BR20, beige rose. This shade matches my skin so perfectly; I have to resist vainly admiring it in all types of light hehe.

LOOK AND DURABILITY
Aqua just blends into my skin and for once, the often hilarious marketing descriptions ring true: it actually looks like a second skin. It is ultra-light, I can barely feel I’m wearing foundation. It doesn’t look like I do either, which is such a relieve after struggling making MAC’s Studio Sculpt work! When royally applying it it’s still hard to tell you’re using foundation. The ‘instant natural radiance’ is there as well. I would say Aqua provides a semi-matte dewy finish. I personally hate to spoil that effect by using setting powder, so I did a little experiment: I tried wearing just Aqua for an entire day. Must say it looked remarkably well after a couple of hours, although I did need minor touch ups. Unfortunately, since we all have to run to catch a bus now and then my face did get a little greasy and so did Aqua. When setting it - with Mac Transparent Finishing Powder - Aqua stays for hours.

COVERAGE
The coverage is so so. It looks very light, sheer and natural, meaning that it doesn’t really cover blemishes. It makes minor imperfections hardly noticeable, but I can imagine Aqua will frustrate those with bigger problems such as acne scarring. The coverage is slightly buildable; I tried applying multiple thin layers underneath my eyes, and however my dark circles looked much less apparent, they still shine through. For me, this is not a big deal, that’s what concealers are for.

UPDATE: Although I still use this product, I got a little into ingredients used in cosmetics lately and I'm not entirely happy with the Chanel ingredient list. The high amount of alcohol (somewhere op top of the ingredient list) and the overwhelming perfume are both obvious ingredients you might want to avoid in a cosmetic product you use daily. I'm on the look out for a product that doesn't use these skin aging ingredients so carelessly and still delivers.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No