April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovemu88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does what it is meant to do. The only thing I realize is you have to blend this really fast or else it will dry so fast it will be hard to blend

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Does last pretty well for a while. Lots of color choices. Medium to full coverage. Those who don't like to contaminate foundation with fingers will like that this comes in a pump. SPF. I like it applied lightly for more sheer coverage, so this could last forever cause a little goes a long, long way.

CONS: Bad in my big pores. Not good for dry patches (definitely need moisturizer first.) If you're looking for sheer and buildable, not so much. It is hard to blend...dries very fast. Oxidizes a little orangey on me.

ALTERNATES: For something very similar to this, you can see my review for Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation. For something better in big pores and wrinkles, L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good. For H/E and dewy (not as long-lasting as this, for sure), I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're concerned about this settling in pores, you can pat L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base into pores first (and make sure to let it "set" for at least a minute)..

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I strolled into my neighborhood MAC store after I got the email that this had launched. I was really excited to have something promising to last all day. I had my makeup done when I went into the store and the makeup artist used this, along with the pro longwear concealer (which is fantastic) and my skin looked very natural, great color selection. However, upon closer examination, I thought it looked almost unnatural and kind of drying around my lips and nose. It felt pretty nice, not really oily or anything and I can't say how long it actually lasts because within two hours I had washed my face. I did end up buying it but I returned it the next day.

I bought the concealer too which is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It blends like a dream and stays put. The concealer and the foundation together though, for me, was wayyy too much. I use the concealer only where I truly need it (if i have a blemish, and undereyes) and then put my Studio Fix on top of it.

This would be great for someone looking for total coverage.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cjeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Though this foundation has really good staying power, the overall look of the foundation is way too heavy. It dries cakey on my normal to dry skin and it just doesn't look natural. I returned this product and lowered the rating to a 3.

This is by far the best foundation I've used that actually works with my skin. I am highly allergic to chemical sunscreens (octinoxate, oxybenzone, and etc) so I can't use any of the other liquid foundations by MAC to compare this to. However, comparing this to my Lancome teint idole ultra and Chanel mat lumiere, this foundation is definitely a winner. This foundation isn't dewy nor matte, but gives you a nice subtle glow. I'm glad I do not have to spend over 35 for a decent foundation!

Thank you MAC for finally making a medium to full coverage liquid foundation without the chemical sunscreens!! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bauer32301

Best foundation I have ever used

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lmbernabe

I have been using MAC Studio Fix Fluid for 3+ years now and since I have bought this foundation a week ago, my fix fluid hasn't even seen the light of day!! I am in love with this foundation! I love the finish it gives to my combination skin. I probably would not recommend this to people with dry skin because it may make your skin appear more dry. Also, the staying power is amazing! At the end of a 10 hour school day, it looked almost the same as when I first put it on (except for my T-zone area where I tend to get naturally oily throughout the day). I also like the fact that it comes with a pump for easier application. The studio fix fluid did not so I had to pay extra for a separate pump. One negative is that the colors are a little wonky so it might be best to be color tested in-store. If you would like to see photos of the finish, Temptalia has some great photos that pretty much won me over into buying it for myself:) http://www.temptalia.com/mac-pro-longwear-spf-10-foundation-review-photos-swatches

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by CHRISTIE09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really great foundation! Blends easily and it looks really natural against my skin (yellow undertones). I like a light-medium coverage and this is definitely buildable! But when it dries, it does kind of feel like a mask but i set it with a translucent powder and it looks so great! Truly recommends this as it does remind me of Revlon Colorstay!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mom2zo

I really feel sad that I can't use this foundation. It's a great foundation! Unfortunately, I think it's making me break out. I have these tiny little pimples popping up around my face, even my forehead, and i never get breakouts on my forehead. It's a great foundation....it stays put like it says, it goes on smoothly, and it's not a flat matte foundation. I wore it yesterday for 12 hours, and only blotted once in the afternoon. I have to say the coloring system is a bit off...I actually had to go from an NC to an NW just to get the right shade, and I've always been an NC, but that just means you should be color matched the first time around at a counter. I am so disappointed, but I've worked too hard to get my skin clear, and I have my first glycolic peel on Friday, I really can't have this breaking me out. :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC40 in Fix Fluid and bought NC40 online...there is a diffrence in the two. I'd say the Fix Fluid is more yellow and the pro longwear more beige with a slight pink too it, barely but it's there. That said I prefer the pro longwear shade!

What the majority of the reviewers are saying, is true! This foundation is pretty incredible. Compared to the Fix Fluid, the formula is much lighter but with the same coverage. It isn't super matte like Fix Fluid, it almost has a sheen to it, but isn't sticky or tacky at all. It looks very natural! I also found it firmed my fine lines on my forehead! I have an oily t-zone, I found I do have shine after a couple of hrs, but NO joke I took my finger and rubbed my forehead and the foundation didn't come off at all! Just oil. WOW! Also LOVE that it doesn't oxidize at all!! I agree with what others are saying about dry skin. I have some patches on my cheeks that look a bit scaley after a few hrs. I just have to moisturize well and exfoliate. The lasting power is unmatched, truely! Awesome stuff.

UPDATE: this breaks me out...I will only use it when I need to. Bummer!!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had originally walked into MAC with the intentions of buying a lipstick and maybe some eyeshadows. I had no idea that MAC came out with this so when I saw it, I knew I had to have it. I have a creepy foundation obbsession and I'm always on the lookout for a new foundation that has the best coverage, lasts all day and night, doesn't fade, doesn't look cakey, etc. The best way to describe this foundation is something similar to MUFE HD foundation or Revlon Photo Ready foundation or even the NARS sheer glow. It has somewhat of a runny consistancy. It applies so easy, gives medium coverage but it is buildable. I tried applying it several different ways and all of the applications looks incredible. I work ten hour shifts and sometimes, I'll head to dinner right after work so I needed something that was going to literally last all day and night. Think about the NARS sheer glow/MUFE HD/Revlon Photo Ready with the staying power of the Revlon Colorstay x10. I didn't want to believe it just because I'm not too fond of MAC foundations. After work, I went to dinner and my face looked like I had just applied my makeup with NO touchups. It was seriously incredible. I thought for sure this makeup is going to break me out, not a single pimple/rash/flake. I must say that I immediately grabbed for this foundation each time now without even contemplating wearing another one at this point. I had purchased the long wear concealer along with this and I must say, I was so sad that it wasn't even comparable to this foundation. I ended up returning it. Overall, fantastic product. Way to go MAC!

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No