October 25, 2014 | 1886 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

great moisturiser!. it doesn't break me out and moisturizes really well. unless i pile it on like i did once and it gave me a few blemishes. a little goes a long way. broke my little sister out though lol.
not my HG because it doesn't brighten my skin or anything. all it does it moisturise really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 6:00:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

ah. my glorified tub of cetaphil moisturizer cream, how i love thee. i use this in the morning before makeup application and at night after i take off my makeup. creamy, SUPER moisturizing, unscented, dries quickly and leaves my skin bright and glowing. this is perfect as a foundation primer and as a makeup remover...it sells for about $13 which is kind of expensive for a drugstore product, but it's well worth the money. the tub lasts forever, i bought mine in the spring and it's still got 3/4 to go!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 3:57:00 AM More reviews by b_lizard

This cream just sits on my skin and feels too heavy. I tried it during winter hoping it would get rid of my flakes but it didn't help. I'm afraid it'd make me break out so I don't use it any more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I am writing my review for the cream in the NEW packaging, which I am sure Cetaphil claims is exactly the same as the cream in the green tube/tub. Alas, it is not. Mainly, the aroma of the new stuff is terrible. It smells like a sour washcloth!!! I never noticed any sort of fragrance with the stuff in the original green packaging. I bought 2 tubes in the new packaging and both have the same rancid odor. I hope it is just a bad lot but I could not stand rubbing that scent in around my nose. Additionally, the new tube of stuff doesn't seem as moisturizing, which would be good for me in the summer... but we are moving into colder weather and I need more moisture. I am using Mustela Stelatopia Cream now instead.
Old ingredients:
Water (Purified), Glyceryl Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, PEG 5 Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Edetate Disodium, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid
New ingredient listing:
Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymetacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (sweet Almond) Oil, Peg-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

I apologize for any misspellings, I typed it out myself.

continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LucyBelieves

Old ingredients:
New ingredient listing:

continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 4:00:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Currently using Renova and wanting a very bland moisturiser to hydrate without irritating. I remembered I used to use this yonks ago, before switching to Paula's Choice Extra Emollient, which I loved. Then she discontinued it and her other products either broke me out or made my face sting. I tried a few other unscented basic moisturisers in the interim but I've come back to this for now. I'm surprised how much I like it for its purposes. No bells or whistles, just a good basic unscented moisturiser for my very dry retinoidy skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what possessed me to try this after the facial cleanser broke me out, but I'm happy I did. Although my skin is oily, as I get older and the weather changes, I do have dry days. It's great. I just use a tiny amount on the places my skin feels dry and I haven't had a breakout yet (it's been over a week) Just enough to make my skin feel comfy again. EDIT: This hasn't broken me out at all. I used it all the winter and even started to use it on my son who had dry flaky skin on his face (being a toddler, he gets his face cleaned many, many times a day). I have to say that he loves it as well. Every morning, he comes in when I'm putting on my makeup "Mommy. . .FACE CREAM!"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Braandi

Thanks again MUA!! This is the one for me. I have used every moisturizer under the sun for my dry flaky tight skin. Everything from drug store to high end. I used EL Resilience Lift for years but I had to use a ton of it and it got expensive. I would have never bought this if it wasn't for all the rave reviews. Still, I was reluctant when I picked this up and low and behold - what a great moisturizer! If you have dry skin and truly need a decent moisturizer give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by NSummer

This item is my HG moisturizer. It saves my skin from dryness everyday. I have dry skin, and a little bit of this instantly erases all the peeling. Great for the undereyes too. I would always buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by melkim

I recently had a strange reaction to the Kiehl's non-detergent cleanser. It sort of burned my skin and then caused it to peel. My face was very dry and stung every time I washed or moisturized it. A friend recommended Cetaphil and since I started using it, my skin not only recovered, it improved from its pre-Kiehl's condition (which had been pretty good to begin with). It makes my skin dewy and very soft to the touch. Like many people have commented before me, the packaging is a bit of a low point, but I figure there are ways to work around that.