April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I use it on my psoriasis patches. It's thick, rich, and completely unscented. I know the tub isn't the most hygenic packaging, but I love it because I just have to barely touch the cream to get a little bit on my fingertip, then apply it to my skin. I can control exactly how much I use with no product waste, as there would be with a tube or pump lotion. It is a body cream, not a facial moisturizer (unless you have eczema, psoriasis, or a similar condition on your face). I like this a lot better than other lotions I've tried. Eucerin is too sticky and Aveeno has an odd, albeit faint scent. This is odorless and slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by ChloePuff

I bought the one in the tube and am very happy with it. I only use it at night, because it's richer than the lotion, but with this and a good eye cream, I'm all set for bed. I like that it really absorbs into the skin, not leaving it too greasy. Gentle moisturization and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by radsgirl

Bought this at Sam's Club for about 9 bucks. Very nice for my itchy legs with eczema. Soft, soothing, no fragrance. Great for after shaving.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by operapearls

I have combination skin that is dry and cracking one day and the next oily and broken out. I have added this cream to my nightly routine and i have to say that it is a miracle. I have sensitive allergies and I love that this cream is scent and irritant free. I've used it during a break out, and it didn't clog my pores at all! In fact, I believe it helped the break out heal! I read some of the other reviews that the cream made their skin feel greasy. I've learned that the phrase "a little goes a long way" is especially true with this product. You don't need nearly as much as you think.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by maryyelizabeth

A moisturizer shoudn't burn your skin like this one does. It's terrible, thats all I can say.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by NatSalypod

This is way too rich for my skin and made my face feel hot every time I put it on!!! Very greasy and a non pleasant smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by xpinkcouturex

it does moisturize but it doesn't really sink into my skin, it just stays on top and feels greasy... but probably a good hand moisturizer for those with really dry hands

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Since being on Accutane, my skin is very dry, rough, and tight. This is saving my skin.

Used in conjuction with the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, this is a HG combo for me right now. I use this cream all over my face both morning and night. My skin just drinks this stuff up.My skin is finally soft to the touch again. It was so rough and bumpy for awhile. This isnt greasy to me even when I use it in the morning. I put this cream on after cleansing, then put on my SPF 50, then mineral foundation. My skin looks perfect all day.

So not use this on your face if you are oily or even slightly oily, this cream if for people with dry, sensitive, tight skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading reviews, i thought this would be perfect for my dry & sensitive skin. So i bought it just before my trip to a cold climate. I was loving how it went on smooth & left my skin moisturized amidst the dry, cold weather. I was in love, because my skin was so plumped up after application. HOWEVER, to my horror, a little about a week after using this, I had a terrible allergic reaction to this! At first it just started with red bumps all over my cheeks, then my face started swelling like a balloon and my eyes were so puffy! I looked like a puffer fish :( It was such a nightmare, I had to use huge shades to cover my eyes & most annoying thing was i was on holiday! I will never use this stuff ever again. Please girls, do a patch test before using this stuff or you'll end up like me. I thought this is the safest moisturizer around but i definitely was so wrong!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a result of the beginning of winter AND hormonal birth control, my skin has been significantly less oily and pleasingly smooth and relatively acne free. However, around my mouth and nose I've been experiencing horrific dryness, something that did not go away no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on. I tried masks and creams and nothing relieved the itchy feeling and wearing even my greasiest foundation to cover up my red skin was just disastrous and flaky. Then, I remembered that I had a little sample packet of this hidden away in my bathroom draw.
Instant relief. I remember breaking out from this stuff before, but now that my skin has gone into disaster mode, I could not be any happier to be using it. I no longer resemble some kind of ridiculous pie crust-human hybrid.