August 21, 2014 | 2002 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure what possessed me to try this after the facial cleanser broke me out, but I'm happy I did. Although my skin is oily, as I get older and the weather changes, I do have dry days. It's great. I just use a tiny amount on the places my skin feels dry and I haven't had a breakout yet (it's been over a week) Just enough to make my skin feel comfy again. EDIT: This hasn't broken me out at all. I used it all the winter and even started to use it on my son who had dry flaky skin on his face (being a toddler, he gets his face cleaned many, many times a day). I have to say that he loves it as well. Every morning, he comes in when I'm putting on my makeup "Mommy. . .FACE CREAM!"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Braandi

Thanks again MUA!! This is the one for me. I have used every moisturizer under the sun for my dry flaky tight skin. Everything from drug store to high end. I used EL Resilience Lift for years but I had to use a ton of it and it got expensive. I would have never bought this if it wasn't for all the rave reviews. Still, I was reluctant when I picked this up and low and behold - what a great moisturizer! If you have dry skin and truly need a decent moisturizer give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by NSummer

This item is my HG moisturizer. It saves my skin from dryness everyday. I have dry skin, and a little bit of this instantly erases all the peeling. Great for the undereyes too. I would always buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by melkim

I recently had a strange reaction to the Kiehl's non-detergent cleanser. It sort of burned my skin and then caused it to peel. My face was very dry and stung every time I washed or moisturized it. A friend recommended Cetaphil and since I started using it, my skin not only recovered, it improved from its pre-Kiehl's condition (which had been pretty good to begin with). It makes my skin dewy and very soft to the touch. Like many people have commented before me, the packaging is a bit of a low point, but I figure there are ways to work around that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by amelina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Closest thing I have found to an HG moisturizer! Does not sting or cause breakouts on my acne, sensitive rosacea skin and keeps me hydrated through the day and night after cleansing. I use the tube as I find it more sanitary. I am worried it may clog my pores a wee bit---not any crazy cystic zits, but maybe a few blackheads--- I need to wait a few more weeks to know for sure as I have completely overhauled my cleansing/makeup regime and may have just had a little purging as my skin is adjusting.
UPDATE: just was not hydrating enough during the winter....my skin felt tight and irritated (and an increase in blackheads) after a few months of use. HOWEVER, Would buy again if I lost my HG moisturizer and needed one in an emergency, but would not want to use it for more than a week or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by danig5

I absolutely love this stuff and buy it by the truckload at Costco to bring back with me since moving to Italy. There's not a shower that I don't use this afterward, so at least once a day I use it & the 20oz tub last me about 4 months. I have dry skin and some patches of eczema, I couldn't live without this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Kate_Duke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely wonderful product. I am a skincare freak, and it is the great basic lotion that I go back to. My mom is a dermatologist, and she recommends Cetaphil Cream to her patients. It is non-comenogenic so it shouldn't clog the pores. Great under makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

sorry but this wasn't moisturizing enough for my super dry skin as crazy as that sounds. Eucerin Daily Replenishing Lotion is way more moisturizing and is my HG. i use it for my face and it's the only lotion that can seriously totally rid of my dry flakes and peeling skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great cream for the body. (I reserve my comments for use on the face as I have oily facial skin and have never contemplated using this on my face.) This is a thick and odourless cream, and I mean it has no smell at all, unlike some of the 'fragrance-free' products out there which actually smell nasty. That said, this cream is a god-send for all of us with eczema; it moisturises without any irritation. Texture-wise, this is good as well as it absorbs quickly so that despite its initial richness, it never feels sticky (and I live in a tropical climate). This has been my weapon against those nasty itchy, dry, red patches known as eczema and I have literally moisturised eczema on my knees away over the past 1 year with this, without resort to any steroids. The packaging can be better though; the tube is un-economical as so much gets stuck in it in the end, and the tub is rather unhygienic. The price is mid-range, for something that relies on simple ingredients (albeit those that work) like Mineral Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, it should be cheaper. But until I find a product that works as well, I am sticking to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:49:00 AM More reviews by fruitsmoothie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for people with combo/oily skin, i wouldn't use this because it contains mineral oils in it. i think it's better to use it on the body instead of face! i experienced the same problems as others; such as clogged pores.