July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by chchchchchch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this after reading it had no SPF in it. I wanted this foundation for night time - and for photos - but I don't think it lived up to the hype. Two or three hours after applying the foundation, my face was quite oily. As the day progressed, my face only got oilier. Another downside: the foundation doesn't come with a pump. I will definitely be sticking to my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by kokonotchanel

I like this foundation largely because it is the first i have found to be pale enough for me (siberia). The name is misleading because it doesn't leave your skin glowing but rather leaves a slight sheen. The coverage is meduim but buildable. The worst thing about this product is the packaging, mainly the fact that it does not have a pump which makes it hard to judge the amount you need and some does go to waste. The glass bottle is also not the most practical. I think next time i will try Sheer Matte but thats solely down to personal preference. This is a good foundation but try and get a sample first because its so expensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

No way can this work for my oily skin. I heard stories about it working for people w/ oily/combo skin but no such luck for me. I tried this foundation out on a rainy day and I was so oily within an hour, imagine if the sun was out! It would've been worse. So I traded it in for sheer matte. We'll see how that goes. This foundation being $42 dollars, it should come with a pump!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by tiffhua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm MAC NC35 and my color for this product is Stromboli. I never really dabbled with liquid foundation before because I was scared it'd be too thick and troublesome but really this product is amazing. It's very light on the skin and gives a good amount of coverage. My skin still shows through so it looks good and natural, not cakey at all. With that said, it does not cover all flaws, so if you have very bad acne or any other major problems, this probably wouldn't work for you. I have super oily skin and I was scared that this foundation would worsen the oiliness but it didn't! (But maybe it's because of the primer I used underneath...?) It gives a nice natural glow to the face, not matte or shinny, just a nice satin type of finish. Only downside is the $42 price and you have to buy the pump separate which is another $6.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by AmyyN

I love this product it has a nice range of shades, the one that I have matches my skin tone perfectly. I do not break out from this product and it feels very light on my skin, but it also gives me enough coverage. The only thing I can find cons about this product is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump, the counter where I buy this does not sell a pump either. I apply four dots on my face and I use either a sponge wedge or a duo fiber brush to even it out, sometimes I use my fingers
(clean) which works fine as well. Also, it retails for 55.00 plus tax and lasts about three months (I wear it almost every day)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I finally broke down and bought this. I just applied it with my fingers on one side and a brush on the other. I actually prefer my fingers for this one. (as well as my dior nude, but thats just me). As far as coverage this builds with so little and very easily. The finished product with a little mineral powder dusted over it is very ethereal. I love it. I bought this in fiji and it does have a yellow undertone to it...i havent looked at it in daylight but so far in my other lights its perfect. I am hoping daylight works as well because i love the finished result. It does blur lines and pores imo. I think this foundation is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by MargaritaLo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this foundi recently and was very excited to use it. I heard so much good reviews about it so i purchased the color barcelona. the color was too peachy for me.. There is nothing special about this foundation. I still need to find a way on whats a good way to apply this.
EDIT : I am loving this foundi now! I apply this with my barehands and voila!...its perfect!!! A little goes a long way.. so i only put a little amount on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead then blend.
I wouldnt buy this product since i still have lots of it.. im planning on getting Chanel foundi.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have finally found the foundation which matches my complexion. I am olive skin with some yellow undertone. Its hard to find something which looked natural. I have tried Laura mercier, make up forever, mac, gorgio armani and so many other products. I love this profuct. Its just amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Venia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, but it just came off looking too thick and fake for me. It dried to a powdery texture and I don't really care for that monochromatic matte look. The color Ceylan was great, just not the texture. I like Estee Lauder Double Wear LIGHT much better and it is way less money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lovebug415

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on a search for the ultimate foundation (who isn't)! I went to Nordstrom and went to a few counters for samples of foundations to try. I heard great things about this foundation so I couldn't wait to try it today, especially since i'm a huge Nars junkie! However this just didn't do it for me. It felt great on my skin, but the coverage was just ok and by the end of the day I could have used a touch up.. I guess my search continues.