November 1, 2014 | 816 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by hannahxxbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this product! The essential reason I bought this was the hype, not only over youtube and the web but in my school! I swear almost every period there would be a girl that would pull out her little egg lip balm and everybody would be amazed! My first impressions: I HATED it! It did nothing mousturizing for my lips and the smell made me sick. After a couple days of using it, just to see if I could get my moneys worth I started adapting to it. I think it's just me because when I bought SoftLips and Nivea Kiss of Smoothness for the first time I was like ehhh and now there my HG lipbalms. All in all the shape and bulkiness doesn't really bother me. It's convenient and easy to find in my bag, and it's easy to just swipe on my lips. But I do love this chapstick/lipbalm (:

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by hockeewmn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the products I was super excited to try. While the packaging is unique, and the rounded top does help to apply the product evenly, I'll have to pass on re-purchasing this balm again. The smell is very nice, and it tastes good, too (not that I recommend eating it, lol), but it just wasn't moisturizing. It feels waxy and thick to me, and it doesn't seem to sink into my lips like I'd like it to. Overall, this product is all hype. Color me disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Lisa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Warning: Those with sensitive skin or really chapped lips, DON’T TRY THIS! I bought this for the packaging and convenience. The packaging is very cute and I thought it would be easy to dig out of my bottomless pit of a purse. I opened it and hated the scent. I thought “it kind of stinks but maybe I could get used to it; I might as well try it to see if it’s moisturizing.” Yeah, not moisturizing! It burned my lips so badly; I had to immediately wash it off. Ended up tossing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Interludes

The packaging is cute and unique! Though the shape is a little large - large enough I can nearly cover both lips at the same time. As for the balm itself, I did not like it. My lips do not feel moisturized or happy. The scent has promise, but has a fake/plastic note I don't like. I've used this for several months in an effort to not waste it, but ended up throwing out the remaining. I don't really hate it and there were no reactions or breakouts from it, but I don't like it at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

before you keep reading, i said i'd buy this product again, but i'm not 100% sure. i've been using it for a few days now. it's my bedside lip balm for before bed and i love that its 95% organic while im sleeping :) the fruit scent/flavor is stronger, but not 'cheap' smelling/tasting and it's definitely peach/mango, which i dont mind over fruit punch (yucky). i used to always use Aquaphor before bed on any dry spots (eyes lips, etc), but wanted to try this balm for the hype. So far, the packaging is effing fab sitting next to my bed on my nightstand, and although i really just want to keep reapplying for the novelty of it... i'm not really sure how exquisite it's moisturizing. at least compared to my HG aquaphor. however, i will say i wake up in the morning and it's still got a decent coating on my lips - which should be considered a good thing. :) i'll keep trialing...

UPDATE 4/25 - i will not buy again. although it smells fabulous and is cute, i dont think it does much moisturizing. and it's a little hard to swipe on now that I've been using for a bit...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have come to the conclusion that this is the best lip balm on the cheaper side of the market. On average, it retails for $3.50 at drugstores. Online, it is $3.29 with U.S.A shipping of about $2.75.

Many people have complained about this balm being too waxy, too bulky, not shiny enough. Here's the reality:

Lip balms are supposed to be waxy- to shield your lips from drying factors. If you want oil slicks on your lips, stick with olive oil. Yes, there are buttery lip balms out there; the lasting power will not be comparable- creamier lip products tend to transfer and shift after certain durations.

Yes; the packaging is bulky, but it's much easier to find in your purse. I have yet to see a woman on the street without a purse, you don't need to put it in your pocket.

As for shine, THIS IS MARKETED AS A LIP BALM; not a lip GLOSS. You're better off purchasing a lip GLOSS if you want shiny lips.

Yes, there is a scent to this balms, there are many balms that have a scent to them- it's their signature scent. If the scent bothers you, stick to petroleum or pure beeswax/shea butter or other products without scents on your lips.

Buy this product if you're looking for a lip balm that shields your lips from drying factors. Like almost every other product out there, it requires many uses until long term results show. Buy this product because you don't want any paraban or petroleum ingredients to be ingested (80% of lip products do in fact become ingested). Buy this product because you want HEALTHY lips; not glamed, plumped, shiny, pigmented lips.

17 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, nice smell, dried out my lips horribly which...kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Oh well!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have an HG balm already, Carmex Moisture Plus, but I'm disappointed with how quickly I go through a tube of it (2-3 weeks!) so I have been on the lookout for a new and better balm as a preemptive measure because if there is ever some sort of cosmetic apocalypse, there is no conceivable way I could ever stock up enough to last a lifetime. Less dramatically and more importantly, these much-hyped spheres were on sale at CVS so I got summer fruit. I hate scented products, but I rather like the scent of this one. It also doesn't have any sort of taste, which is key. The smell has also quickly faded as I have used it. It glides on smoothly but as others have said, it takes several swipes to feel as though you actually have anything on your lips. It's very very thin even after numerous swipes and did I ever swipe, to the point where I just could not go on out of exhaustion and boredom. It wasn't moisturizing at all on me, in fact it dried my lips out. After just a few minutes, my lips felt very chapped. The packaging is rather inconvenient if you like to keep lip balm in your pocket, but it is cute as a button. I also like that it clicks to open/close. The only reason I'm giving it any points is because I find the packaging/shape absolutely intriguing...but such amusements become tiring. I have only been using it for a week or so (I can't continue to use it though since it is so drying), but I would be curious to see how the balm progresses in shape. Is that little dome all of the product? If it does extend to the bottom, how deep is it? I suppose those are questions I may never know the answer to.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

I just got this today and I love it! I bought mine at Wal-Mart. It was right next to the register and I've been wanting it forever. I hate chapstick with SPF because I can't stand the taste in any of them and I feel like they don't moisturize. I've been using this for a few hours now and my lips are nice and moisturized and I like the flavor/scent. I'm super picky when it comes to scents in lipgloss/chapstick so this works well for me. It's fruity, but not overpowering and once you've had it on for awhile you don't notice the smell anymore, which is what I like. I like the packaging too because you get a lot of product and it's easy to apply. I don't have the issue of it being bulky because I always carry a purse, but this little thing will be on my nightstand for nightly use. I think people who said the got a really hard or waxy product should email the company because maybe their was old and sat on the shelf too long? Mine is not soft but it glides on lips easy, is not heavy, and moisturizes just fine! For $2.69 at Wal-Mart I don't think it was a bad deal at all. Definitely cheaper than my Sugar lip balm that I keep in my purse :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by xnightstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes my lips and smells like delicious candy! The packaging is a bit odd, not like any ordinary lip balm but that's what makes it different from others.