Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 12/15/2008 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have thick, coarse, DRY, frizzy hair and this product does leave it feeling a little bit silkier. I've found that it doesn't do much on damp hair, but if I let my hair air-dry and then apply the oil, it helps to smooth it. I also love the smell...very natural smelling. I've also noticed that if I flat iron my hair after applying this oil, my hair is shinier. Will definitely consider repurchasing.

on 12/15/2008 1:12:00 PM

Last update:
Well my hair just doesn't like this product. I am finding now that it is drier outside this causes a lot of static. Sigh. Up for swap it goes.
Updating again:
So I find this product to be ok. I am finding that it is drying out my hair some so I have to rotate it now. I don't like the glass bottle. And for the price I won't repurchase it. I find my Enjoy shine and smooth is a lot better.
Update:
So I decided to try this a different way. On more dry hair then damp. And wow does it work better! Killed all the frizz and made my hair smooth. yay!
Well I am the only one that isn't wowed by this I guess. I use it as the bottle says but my hair isn't amazing with it. It isn't any smoother and doesn't seem to control the frizz. I will back to Enjoy shine and smooth. I like it much more then this and it costs a ton less!

on 12/12/2008 11:01:00 AM

I was hesitant to buy this bc it says its for thick unruly hair which is def not me, but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did. It's definately for damaged hair that is thirsty for hydration (I don't believe it matters what thickness bc I have fine hair and it works great for me, I just use less product). This really absorbs easily doesnt look oily at all.

I am always looking to add shine with my hair so thats the main reason I bought this. I put less then a dime size amount in my palms and worked it through my hair staying away from my roots. I blow dried my hair about 80% and then flat ironed the ends. I could not believe the shine! I was previously using glossing cream by fekkai and that doesn't even come close! In the past if something gave me shine it looked greasy or felt obvious. Prior to this I could only get this type of natural shine by getting a salon glaze (which only last a few days). Morrocan Oil gave me this lit from with in shine, silkiness, and movement..every single day I use it. It just yells "I have amazingly healthy hair" type of way. Perfect for making everyone else envy. This stuf is dangerous though because I kept looking at my hair in every mirror I walked by! The smell is too die for! its like a tahitian vanilla imo. Got mine on ebay from a reliable seller, also some salons sell it.

Some people complain about the bottle but please do not transfer it to another bottle unless its the same glass, bc on the website it mentions that the bottle keeps the product preserved or something.

For reference: -shoulder length -fine -color treated hair (Colored & flat ironed frequently). I use a protein enriched sulfate free shampoo (tigi bedhead superstar) and Enjoy reconstructing conditioner every day.
I also like to use Joico reconstruct.

*one review mentioned it made her hair crunchy - I have personally never experienced that with this product. I wonder if it may have to do with the amount used, you do have to play around to see what amount works for your hair type, length, etc but again I have never experienced crunchyness, just silky hair.

on 12/11/2008 10:23:00 AM

Used to love this for drying/ironing, but as many others have noted, I found that it builds up over time and leaves my hair looking dull and limp. I still have it around for occasional use, but it's definitely not a daily HG for me, anymore.

on 12/10/2008 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Aside from the price tag, this product is great. My hair has been Japanese straightened and is very fine. This, used right after the shower, makes my hair look its best. It actually looks thicker, but I think this is due to the fact that for the first time in years, I am using a product that smoothes but doesn't weigh my hair down.

on 12/7/2008 11:36:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I got it off eBay and the lid was broken, thus 3 lippies on the packaging, but overall the PRODUCT is AMAZING! I dumped the Ojon (or rather donated to a friend) and am a Moroccan Oil convert! Love this stuff. Wished it would do the same for my skin, otherwise I would bath in it. My hair is light and smooth with a light clean scent.

This is a great product! I use this after towel drying my hair and before blow drying, it melts right into my hair, not greasy at all and leaves your hair silky and soft. It's also great for color treated hair. The smell is probably my favorite thing about it! It's becoming more and more popular at my salon, this stuffs been out for a while now but i think it's been gaining more of a following. 20$ for a nice size bottle that will last me forever, not bad at all.

on 12/5/2008 2:45:00 PM

I love this product. It makes my hair so shiny and it removes all my frizz. I don't really like the glass bottle. I usually end up pouring out too much. It's not cheap either but I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/4/2008 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was putting together my usual order of stuff from CosmeticMagic when I saw this on their front page. I had heard all the hoopla over this product and thought it sounded very promising for my super thick, waist length, naturally curly hair. Right now my HG final finisher over my Curl Keeper & Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Cream is Redken's Sleek Obedience Solid Serum (awesome stuff if used on wet hair only). I know that for hair like mine, Macadamia nut and other oils are the bomb because they coat and define frizzy hair like mine beautifully. This stuff does not disappoint. This is everything Fekkai's Glossing cream should be but isn't. I ran a tiny bit through my damp hair after doing my usual routine and my hair dried completely and totally frizz free with incredible curl definition. It really takes the frizz way down and leaves your hair very glossy and healthy looking. I love the definition it gives my curls. Smells nice too, although the price is a bit crazy and the glass bottle VERY impractical. I suppose glass is better for storing the oil and keeping it fresher perhaps, but you need to be careful because it is glass. A little really does go a very long way so this bottle could last you months (even with long curly hair like mine). Very nice find.

on 12/1/2008 6:03:00 PM

This is one of the best hair products I have ever used. I work in the salon industry so I have used my share of products, someone is always promoting something new, but this is by far and away the best. A little goes a long way so please dont be frustrated with the price tag. 1 bottle will last you a really long time. It cuts your blow dry time, improves color and shine instantly. As you can imagine, I do a lot of coloring since I work in this business so my hair gets extremely over processed and dry. This product brings it back to better then normal. My hair is left incredibly soft and smooth and doesnt appear to be over damaged although it probably is. Its a definite must for people with long colored treated hair, you'll be so glad you tried it !!!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products