October 23, 2014 | 937 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this more then my MAC blot powder! It makes my face matte and not heavy. I hope they never discontinue this, otherwise I will have to go back to MAC Blotting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Abby722

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really do love this product. No matter how much you put on, it does not make you look cakey, it's a finishing powder that makes my makeup last all day. It does not give you much color, but I really don't mind, because I just wanted something to make my makeup last. It came with a powder puff, which I did throw out, and used my own brush. But I loved the packaging. Some people say it is too bulky, but you can take the mirror off, but you can't put it back on. The packaging even has a mirror, which is great so I don't have to carry one around seperately. In conclusion, I think it's a great finishing powder, and would definetely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Superb! Love this! I'm a Mac NW20 with pink undertones and the shade Cream is a perfect color match.

~~~~~Inexpensive, around $6 in Target

~~~~~Nice smooth application

~~~~~Fragrance-free

~~~~~Does not clog my pores

~~~~~Does not settle into those nasty fine lines

~~~~~Great for setting your foundation or just for touch-ups

~~~~~No pancake face

~~~~~Provides a little bit of coverage

~~~~~Matte finish

This was the first product that I had to rate with a 1 for packaging quality... THE WORST... I know that Maybelline thought they were making this compact all fancy and cute and everything but they did not take into consideration how user friendly the compact would be because it's not... it's one big pain in the behind.... there are just too many steps that you have to go through to get the puff out and the compact opened up... when you're in a rush and need to do just a quick touch up, forget it, it's such a pain... HOWEVER, I did not take any lippies off because the product is so great and so cheap and that's all that matters to me.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by alelles

I'm really surprised about all the great reviews on this product because I think it's simply awful. The only good thing about this is probably the packaging. The actual consistency of the product itself is very chalky and feels really rough. It doesn't glide on smoothly, I feel as though I have to put layers and layers of powder on my face to get some form of colour pay-off. Overall, really bad. Would not repurchase/recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ohno1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this up in Ivory at a discount store for $5. I don't wear any type of foundation makeup often, mostly because I find it hard to get a good color match, but my skin has been looking uneven lately and I like to have a good base for blush and bronzer (lots of pink naturally in my skin) so I gave this a go since it was cheap. I apply with a Kabuki brush and it looks great. I must have just lucked into a great color match, because this really disappears into my skin and makes the redness go away completely. I agree that the packaging is cheap and ugly and the puff is pretty useless, but since I only paid $5 for this and it looks great, I can let that slide.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by xolalala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder definitely keeps my face looking matte! However, it puts down about 0 color. Instead, I use it about halfway through the day over my powder foundation and it looks great! It doesn't even cake up against my other powder. I think this will be great to keep in my purse and use during the summer. The whole swivel mirror/buff thing doesn't effect me because I never really use compact mirrors. This is a great MATTE! finishing powder but it is very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder, I use it for setting allll my foundations and touching up during the day. It is smooth and easily applied, it would take a lot for it to look cakey. It keeps the oilies at bay for long enough and doesn't hurt my wallet, nor does it break me out. The puff... The puff sucks. I seriously pulled it out to wash it and it basically melted under the faucet, haha. I bought a replacement for touch ups on the go~ Btw, this IS a drugstore product, so while some high end products might work better, I think it is quite unfair to compare this to a $35-$40 pressed powder. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by laurenisrandom

This is an awesome product. Best setting powder I've ever used. Really mattifies and keeps your skin matte for a long period of time. Watch the color selection, because for some reason, these are very light powders O_o Don't ask me why. I had to go like 2 shades darker than what I first thought I would be. Do that, and you'll be fine. My current shade is still lighter than my skin tone, but it is the perfect setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by NYAPPY

It's a love (not really) and hate relationship with this one..
    sometimes I get the most poreless and matte looking skin from using this.
    and sometimes it's just a horrible chalky powder that emphasizes all my flaws and flaky skin and gives the impressions that "YES! I am wearing makeup and you can basically touch my face and all of it will go on your fingers!"
    I also hated the packaging ~ it was very cheap and tacky.
    Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

In Australia this product is not cheap. You can expect to drop $10-15 on it, depending on if there's a sale on at the pharmacy. So I was quite annoyed to discover that there was something in this product that irritated my skin to the point that I broke out. Other than that, it was an OK powder for setting my concealor. I use MAC select concealor in NC20 and I bought Dream Matte Pressed Powder in "cream", which I presume is a shade darker than "ivory" although I wouldn't know because we don't get the full collection in Australia (we only get three shades here). It was a perfect colour match, did not leave a white cast, and it did not look powdery. BUT... people with sensitive skin, use this product with caution.