October 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this mascara at first as it seemed to really give me "wow" lashes, but in just a couple weeks, the consistency changed and became more dry. Once that happened, I noticed flaking on my cheeks by afternoon. My favorite is still Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara. Beats hands down most other more expensive mascaras I've tried over the years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got this as part of a GWP, and since I've never loved any Clinique mascaras, I didn't have high expectations for this one. However, it did turn out pretty well.

I have short, straight, wimpy eyelashes, so I am always on the search for the next best thing. High Impact did lengthen my lashes a bit, as well as volumize, and also helped lift/curl them a bit, so for that, I give it 4 stars. The color is also a dark black, which I always appreciate. It didn't give me "high impact" lashes, though, but it is good for a work day or for some decent definition. I was able to layer without much clumping, and my lashes still felt pretty soft. The brush is average size, teddy bear style, similar to L'Oreal Voluminous without all the clumps.

Overall, I would repurchase this for $14. However, my HGs still remain YSL Faux Cils and DiorShow for real high impact! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I'm always on the hunt for a new mascara...I really like Tarte's 4 in 1 and Lancome's Hypnose the best of all I have tried. However, I think this one will fall in my current top 3 category. I feel like I don't have a true HG mascara yet but this one does a very nice job.

Here's a description of my lashes and what I look for in a mascara: My lashes are short, blonde, and straight. I have a lot of them and they are quite thick. I also have allergies and wear contacts so my eyes are sensitive. As for my mascara preferences, I look for non waterproof, black, lengthening mascaras that also volumize. I have had more luck with volumizing mascaras but length is really what I need.

Pros of High Impact:
Price- for a dept. store makeup this is much less expensive at $14 than the $23+, you'll find at other counters.

Wand- Small, stiff brush. For lengthening mascaras, this type of wand works best IMO. You can get all your lashes and avoid clumping. I also found the wand works great on my lower lashes.

Pigmentation- High Impact gives a great even color of black and covers lashes well.

Lengthening- My lashes are much longer with this mascara! I absolutely love this aspect of High Impact. Definitely delivers the best in this department.

Fullness- High Impact really brought out the natural fullness and volume of my lashes. Gives a "fan effect".

Staying power- No smearing or flaking after wear.

Curling- Although High Impact made no claim of curling, I found that it *did* curl mine. Not as extreme as a curling mascara would have but considered how stick straight my lashes are, this is an added bonus!

Cons:

Packaging: Ok, the actual mascara packaging is decent but the box? I really wish Clinique would update their design. It reminds me of hospitals.

Definition: High Impact didn't give quite as much definition to my lashes as I had hoped. I found that layering this mascara with Maybelline's Define-a-Lash helps a lot.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase this mascara. It's not quite HG status but 4 stars for sure. This is a great choice for those frustrated by drugstore mascaras but aren't quite ready to shell out $30 for a HE mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this one as I received as a freebie. I an impressed! I needed something that added ooph to my lashes. Originally bought the Clinique mascara that has the split brush/comb. After I poked my eye trying to get my lashes I took it back. This one is much better! Not HG status, but I like!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

My HG mascara!!The first day i wore this, i got my frst ever compliment on my lashes!!I was told my lashes looked full and healthy.My eyes are quite sensitive and this mascara didnt irritate or flake into my eyes or around them.It made my lashes look full with no clumps or need to brush them through.It was a gift from someone so i cant comment on price, but i am finding this hard to locate in Ireland.It is easy to remove with even water.Packaging is fine, nothing fancy but it dont need it to be.Easy to build for a stronger look.
UPDATE 20 July 2009
Still a brillant mascara always get compliments:)Still easy to remove to water, in fact in easier to remove with water..Can't imagine using another one:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Emyx3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this mascara paired with my lancome primer. Alone, it wasn't good enough for 5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by missytease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never buy this mascara. The only reason i have it is because it came with the clinique gift. It is just okay. Doesn't lengthen or give volume to my lashes. seems to weight it down a lot. my curls don't last with this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsjunkieee

i got this as an sample from macy's.
it does a great job lengthening. also if you put it on your lower lashes, it doesn't look too dramatic or fake so this is a good mascara for everyday use.
however, it is pretty expensive and you can get the same results from a drugstore mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If this were a drugstore mascara, I'd give it four stars. But this is a department store mascara so since I'm paying over twice the amount I'm paying for a drugstore mascara, I'm expecting twice the results and frankly this gives me drugstore results. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice natural mascara that provides definition and lift, but it isn't volumizing. This mascara would be nice for someone who works in a setting where makeup needs to be kept minimal and is looking for a professional, natural looking mascara. I however, prefer to amp up my lashes and I'm afraid 'high impact' didn't give me the impact I was looking for.
UPDATE: this mascara clumps and clumps and clumps. i'm knocking off another star.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty good mascara for a natural look, but I prefer a more dramatic doll-eyed look. I don't have a problem with this mascara, but I don't think it should be named 'high impact.' It works a bit better than a drugstore mascara, as it doesn't clump or make lashes spidery. This did not smudge or run on me either. I found that this mascara looks better with a primer underneath (I use MAC). I'm not positive that I'd purchase this again, as I'm looking for something more dramatic, that thickens my lashes. This should just be called "Impact."