November 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first mascara I ever used a few years ago when I didn't know much about makeup and I thought it was a decent mascara. Then I received in a GWP a couple years ago and hated it because it didn't hold a curl. Now I have a few for GWP's and I love them. They don't hold a curl, but they look great when layered over my other mascaras. On lazy days when I don't want to curl my lashes and dry them out with wp formulas, i use this and it lengthens and volumizes without clumping, and it also keeps my lashes soft. It hardly smudges, but it comes off very easily with water. I don't think I'll ever use up my GWP sizes, but if I did, I would not buy because I wouldn't be able to use up a full tube before it dried out. However, overall it's a great natural mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Prinsesse

I think this mascara is okay. At first when I started using this, it was really good, but now its like, it doesn't work as good as it used to. Weird, right? But yearh its okay. It gives my lashes a really pretty look, but they doesn't seem longer, or more curly after putting this on. The brush is good, and its easy to handle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by babiexkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this mascara in the gift with purchase, im so glad that i didnt spend my money buying their full size one. its just like any other drugstore brand mascara, and i'd say some of the drugstore mascaras are even better. one good thing about it is that it doesnt clump.. and thats pretty much it, nothing special..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing special. The only high impact is on your cheeks after a few hours. I have long and thick lashes and this mascara makes no difference whatsoever. I swear by my YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils and Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by cmagee

I love High Impact Mascara - I've tried quite a few. My other favorite was Full n Soft by Maybelline, but this beats it. I have long lashes, but they're thin, so they need the thickening. Perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this mascara at first as it seemed to really give me "wow" lashes, but in just a couple weeks, the consistency changed and became more dry. Once that happened, I noticed flaking on my cheeks by afternoon. My favorite is still Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara. Beats hands down most other more expensive mascaras I've tried over the years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I got this as part of a GWP, and since I've never loved any Clinique mascaras, I didn't have high expectations for this one. However, it did turn out pretty well.

I have short, straight, wimpy eyelashes, so I am always on the search for the next best thing. High Impact did lengthen my lashes a bit, as well as volumize, and also helped lift/curl them a bit, so for that, I give it 4 stars. The color is also a dark black, which I always appreciate. It didn't give me "high impact" lashes, though, but it is good for a work day or for some decent definition. I was able to layer without much clumping, and my lashes still felt pretty soft. The brush is average size, teddy bear style, similar to L'Oreal Voluminous without all the clumps.

Overall, I would repurchase this for $14. However, my HGs still remain YSL Faux Cils and DiorShow for real high impact! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I'm always on the hunt for a new mascara...I really like Tarte's 4 in 1 and Lancome's Hypnose the best of all I have tried. However, I think this one will fall in my current top 3 category. I feel like I don't have a true HG mascara yet but this one does a very nice job.

Here's a description of my lashes and what I look for in a mascara: My lashes are short, blonde, and straight. I have a lot of them and they are quite thick. I also have allergies and wear contacts so my eyes are sensitive. As for my mascara preferences, I look for non waterproof, black, lengthening mascaras that also volumize. I have had more luck with volumizing mascaras but length is really what I need.

Pros of High Impact:
Price- for a dept. store makeup this is much less expensive at $14 than the $23+, you'll find at other counters.

Wand- Small, stiff brush. For lengthening mascaras, this type of wand works best IMO. You can get all your lashes and avoid clumping. I also found the wand works great on my lower lashes.

Pigmentation- High Impact gives a great even color of black and covers lashes well.

Lengthening- My lashes are much longer with this mascara! I absolutely love this aspect of High Impact. Definitely delivers the best in this department.

Fullness- High Impact really brought out the natural fullness and volume of my lashes. Gives a "fan effect".

Staying power- No smearing or flaking after wear.

Curling- Although High Impact made no claim of curling, I found that it *did* curl mine. Not as extreme as a curling mascara would have but considered how stick straight my lashes are, this is an added bonus!

Cons:

Packaging: Ok, the actual mascara packaging is decent but the box? I really wish Clinique would update their design. It reminds me of hospitals.

Definition: High Impact didn't give quite as much definition to my lashes as I had hoped. I found that layering this mascara with Maybelline's Define-a-Lash helps a lot.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase this mascara. It's not quite HG status but 4 stars for sure. This is a great choice for those frustrated by drugstore mascaras but aren't quite ready to shell out $30 for a HE mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried this one as I received as a freebie. I an impressed! I needed something that added ooph to my lashes. Originally bought the Clinique mascara that has the split brush/comb. After I poked my eye trying to get my lashes I took it back. This one is much better! Not HG status, but I like!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

My HG mascara!!The first day i wore this, i got my frst ever compliment on my lashes!!I was told my lashes looked full and healthy.My eyes are quite sensitive and this mascara didnt irritate or flake into my eyes or around them.It made my lashes look full with no clumps or need to brush them through.It was a gift from someone so i cant comment on price, but i am finding this hard to locate in Ireland.It is easy to remove with even water.Packaging is fine, nothing fancy but it dont need it to be.Easy to build for a stronger look.
UPDATE 20 July 2009
Still a brillant mascara always get compliments:)Still easy to remove to water, in fact in easier to remove with water..Can't imagine using another one:)