Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know how "high impact" this mascara is, but it is great for everyday--it's my staple. It does have a tendency to smudge, but it makes my lashes a full, rich black without being too overdone or distracting.

on 2/22/2009 12:05:00 PM

First of all, I have eyelashes that most women would kill for. I didn't know this until I started wearing makeup and the artists always comment on my lashes. They're long and curl naturally. I just want a mascara that gives them some color, and makes my eyes pop. This does just that. Easy to remove, hate waterproof mascara, and easy to put on. The only problem is when it's very cold and frost forms on my eyelashes, then it smears all over my eyes. Yuck.

on 2/22/2009 12:06:00 AM

This is really thick and heavy. It looked okay after one light coat, but it didn't lengthen much or separate my lashes enough, so I thought I'd try a little more... bad idea. It got incredibly clumpy, heavy, ashy-colored, my lashes bent in weird directions and still weren't separated/defined... it was bad. If one light coat doesn't work for you, then don't keep trying with this one! (But check out Clinique's Long and Pretty Lashes; that's my HG.)

This is my HG Mascara. It thickens my lashes wonderfully and does not smudge or flake. I have to use a lash curler in conjunction with this product as it only amplifies the lashes and does not curl.

When I buy a new tube, I leave it standing on end (overnight) with the top partially open. This thickens the product a bit and makes it work even better. Yes, it's weird, but it works.

on 2/18/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Comparing this to Shu Uemura Precise Volume which retails for $10 more, I would buy this 10 times over.. Gosh.. It makes the brush on Shu Uemura seem so retarded and messy! Love the smooth, non-clumpy application, just as lengthening as Shu Uemura, and separates lashes well. It could hold a curl better, but then again it doesn't weigh them down at all. Also, at the counter I tried both this and Clinique's long pretty lashes.. This seemed to be more lengthening to me.. Well I am pretty new at mascaras and only buy from companies that don't test on animals (never tried Maybelline or CoverGirl) so take it for what it's worth.

on 2/18/2009 10:43:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. It makes my lashes look naturally longer. It also keeps them seperate as well. I've never had a problem with clumping or lashes sticking together, aside from Lash Blast, this is my favorite!

on 2/18/2009 1:49:00 AM

This works the best when it's fresh and new. But if you leave it alone for awhile and use it again, it's...not the best anymore. Yet again a lot of mascaras are like that lolz.

I love this one the most. One of my top 5 mascara for me :)

on 2/17/2009 10:18:00 AM

This is a pretty good mascara when it's new....as it starts to get old and thick it clumps like a mother~and it doesn't take lond to old IMHO~ It does lengthed and thicken pretty well though but you must take extra time to remove clumps with a lash comb!

on 2/13/2009 7:26:00 PM

definitely not a very good product. It looks OK on for an every day mascara, but nothing special. It doesn't add much length but does give sufficient volume. However, it smudges and flakes off terribly!!
If I even rub my eye I have a big black smudge, and after a long day it starts flaking too.
I'm not buying it again, and have had better luck with L'Oreal or Max Factor mascaras for half the price.
Also the top of my tube cracked for some unknown reason so they definitely cheaped out on the packaging!

on 2/11/2009 3:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Wow, how everyone raves about that one... I must be missing something, since it totally didn't work for me... My main demand from my mascara - not to clamp and stick my lashes. I have really long lashes, so mascara is not easy to apply, and this one just didn't do the job...