September 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by missytease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never buy this mascara. The only reason i have it is because it came with the clinique gift. It is just okay. Doesn't lengthen or give volume to my lashes. seems to weight it down a lot. my curls don't last with this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsjunkieee

i got this as an sample from macy's.
it does a great job lengthening. also if you put it on your lower lashes, it doesn't look too dramatic or fake so this is a good mascara for everyday use.
however, it is pretty expensive and you can get the same results from a drugstore mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If this were a drugstore mascara, I'd give it four stars. But this is a department store mascara so since I'm paying over twice the amount I'm paying for a drugstore mascara, I'm expecting twice the results and frankly this gives me drugstore results. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice natural mascara that provides definition and lift, but it isn't volumizing. This mascara would be nice for someone who works in a setting where makeup needs to be kept minimal and is looking for a professional, natural looking mascara. I however, prefer to amp up my lashes and I'm afraid 'high impact' didn't give me the impact I was looking for.
UPDATE: this mascara clumps and clumps and clumps. i'm knocking off another star.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty good mascara for a natural look, but I prefer a more dramatic doll-eyed look. I don't have a problem with this mascara, but I don't think it should be named 'high impact.' It works a bit better than a drugstore mascara, as it doesn't clump or make lashes spidery. This did not smudge or run on me either. I found that this mascara looks better with a primer underneath (I use MAC). I'm not positive that I'd purchase this again, as I'm looking for something more dramatic, that thickens my lashes. This should just be called "Impact."

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by BumBumKoala

Lengthens my lashes but clumps like heck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by cem

Best mascara I've ever used! Separates lashes, more volume, and yet with a very natural effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by unche

I loooove this mascara; it's my favourite (even more than Diorshow!) and I've been useing it for several years now. My lashes are pretty long and curled naturally, but they're very light. This mascara does wonders for them; it does a great job of separating the lashes and is not clumpy at all. I like the big, thick brush, but I do agree that the formula is initially quite wet and I prefer it after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice mascara!
Gives nice volume + length with only 2 coats.
It's buildable and can go from defined for day to *wow* at night. The black color is really dark and makes my lashes stand out.
It's a really wet formula , so it's easy to run a lash comb through if you've over-applied.
The brush is quite large, unnecessarily large actually, so it tends to get a bit messy when you are in a rush and trying to throw it on. It doesn't really flake or smudge through the day.
The one really odd thing about this though is that when I'm layering it on I notice that it makes the ends of my lashes as fat as the base, and it also accentuates any odd kinks in lashes- which usually mascara straightens out/gets rid of if you KWIM.
Other than that it's pretty good and can give a really nice doll-eyed look.
I'm still on the fence about repurchasing but selected "yes" because overall I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP that came with my Christmas present. I was so excited to find a small tube of High Impact in my bag. However, I was disappointed. While this mascara gave my lashes lovely volume, it did not give them any length. I found it clumped a bit too much for my taste. I would've expected better from a brand like Clinique. Not bad, though. But it could've been better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Clinique mascara. I love this type of mascara brush, although the large size of it might seem inconvenient for application, it's the best type of brush (IMO) for fanning out the lashes and making them look both fuller and longer. This never clumps or flakes off or irritates my sensitive eyes, and Clinique's mascaras are reasonably priced. I want to try the "Black Honey" shade! UPDATE: I purchased this in Black Honey finally, and I love it! It's like a deep auburn which is perfect for this strawberry blonde gal!