Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 3/26/2009 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

High impact has a medium-sized brush that strikes a balance between being the bumblebee brush I wish for and being small enough to reach corners. The formula itself thickens some, holds my natural curl, and lengthens slightly ( I don't need much more length). One or two coats on its own is great for wrok or most days. Used over a primer, it is dramatic enough for special occasions. Comes off pretty easily with plain ol' cleanser, and stays put during a workout unless I'm wearing heavy moisturizer and sweating at the same time. Would recommend and will likely repurchase though like many of you I have mascara commitment issues.

My HG of mascaras.
No matter how many different mascaras i try, i ALWAYS come back to this one.

on 3/14/2009 6:08:00 PM

After searching through MANY drugstore brands for a mascara that would not flake and smudge I finally remembered that I had a sample of this from a GWP. I have to say it's the only thing that I've found that will stay on all day and not leave smudge marks under my eyes. It's $14, which I consider very reasonable considering all the $6 and $7's that I've spent on wasted product.

on 3/11/2009 9:06:00 AM

This mascara feels so luxurious. I have this in my stash at all times. I try others but come back to this.

on 3/11/2009 5:03:00 AM

I bought this product about a year ago after the SA recommended it. I got home and wasn't impressed. I tossed it in the drawer and went to buy Lancome. One year later, after digging in my cosmetic graveyard, I pulled it out and applied one coat...two coats..three coats. I was stunned. My puny, short blond lashes were dark, long and curled. It really looked like I had false eyelashes on. I immediately put it back into my active use cosmetic stash. I'm glad I gave it another try.

on 3/10/2009 4:19:00 PM

My go to mascara -- never fails to give me black, dramatic lashes. I love it!

I have only tried this in a sample, over all I feel it works well. it gives my lashes good length as well as volume, and is a nice black colour. it is quite dramatic. i dont like the consistency however, wayy to watery, hard to apply in that sense. probably wont repurchase in a large size b/c my maybelline works just as well for less. also in the sample size, you waste so much mascara as when you push the tube back down, pressure forces tons of product to come out and be wasted all over the lid. ick.

on 3/6/2009 1:48:00 AM

I am a complete mascara addict, and have tried every mascara out there (Diorshow, YSL Faux Cils, Lancome, etc...). This is by far my best go-to mascara. With just a few swipes I'm ready for a full day of no flaking or smudging. At the end of the day, I can brush on some more to go out at night and my lashes look fantastic.

One of my favorite things about this mascara is the fact that it doesn't make my lashes dry or crunchy (my main problem with Lancome). I still go between this and YSL Faux Cils, but my tube of Clinique has lasted me six weeks, whereas YSL lasts about two weeks before it is so dry that it becomes unusable. And for the price, you can't go wrong!!!

on 3/5/2009 4:56:00 PM

Bleh. Smudge city.
I've never been fond of Clinique's mascaras and this one is no exception. First off, there's nothing "high impact" about this unless you count the impact that blobs under your eyes can make. :P
The color is nice (I have it in black). I hate the brush and the formula applies unevenly and feels crunchy. And it smudges like a mofo. And that's not even talking with long wear or even doing anything to smudge it or being in harsh weather. It just smudges for no reason whatsoever.
I got this as a sample in a free gift and certainly wouldn't purchase.

on 2/28/2009 6:27:00 PM

This is probably my HG mascara. Just a few swipes make my lashes look amazing thick and long...And I have pretty crappy eyelashes. It also won't flake at all during the day, and is easy to wash off. I don't even make an effort to wash it off in the shower, just wash my face and this comes right off. The tube is quite large and lasts for a very long time. My only complaint is the price- way too expensive.