Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is not as lengthening or as volumizing as the $4 maybelline mascaras. Wont purchase again. Not impressed especially for $20!!

on 3/30/2009 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm glad this was only a GWP. It made my lashes clumpy (and difficult to separate with a comb), it didn't lenthen them at all and, within a few short hours, already felt itchy.

on 3/30/2009 8:39:00 AM

Oddly enough, I typically don't care much for Clinique products. I had a few of these as GWP's and just kind of used them on and off when I was too lazy to go buy a full-sized mascara. It wasn't until I started really looking for an HG mascara that I realized how awesome High Impact is! I have extremely long lashes, however they aren't as thick as I'd like them, and the tips of my lashes are blonde (weird right?). This mascara gives me the versitility that I need to really work with my natural lashes! I can build up the volume at the bottom and add a little color to the tips for a nice dramatic, but not frightening, everyday look. However, I can also REALLY build up the volume top-to-bottom any time my FOTD calls for it! I will never stray again :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This weighs down my curls, curling power did not last, i have tried the other clinique mascara which has curling power but that one did not last either.
Nothing good, nothing impressive. glad that this is only a GWP size.

on 3/28/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Another great Clinique mascara. (: And another pretty tube, haha.

Anyway, I like this 'cause it provides more oomph, which is nice to have for when you're going out or something. Doesn't make lashes crispy & doesn't smudge or flake.

Once again, I got this [from my aunt] in the little tiny tube & I probably won't buy because I'm not dishing out $$ for mascara. :/

on 3/28/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This product's on the fence for me. It doesn't really lengthen but if you love having a thick bold look for your lashes then this is amazing (I however do not). It doesn't smudge but you have to know how to work with your mascara. It's a pet peeve of mine when girls have clumped mascara on their lashes! Angle it right and put it on properly. There's a lot of bristles on the wand and they're not too thick!

Recommend this for people who like strong lashes!

on 3/26/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara works really good.. i was very pleased with the results.. they don't clump together like other mascaras do..

on 3/26/2009 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

High impact has a medium-sized brush that strikes a balance between being the bumblebee brush I wish for and being small enough to reach corners. The formula itself thickens some, holds my natural curl, and lengthens slightly ( I don't need much more length). One or two coats on its own is great for wrok or most days. Used over a primer, it is dramatic enough for special occasions. Comes off pretty easily with plain ol' cleanser, and stays put during a workout unless I'm wearing heavy moisturizer and sweating at the same time. Would recommend and will likely repurchase though like many of you I have mascara commitment issues.

My HG of mascaras.
No matter how many different mascaras i try, i ALWAYS come back to this one.

on 3/14/2009 6:08:00 PM

After searching through MANY drugstore brands for a mascara that would not flake and smudge I finally remembered that I had a sample of this from a GWP. I have to say it's the only thing that I've found that will stay on all day and not leave smudge marks under my eyes. It's $14, which I consider very reasonable considering all the $6 and $7's that I've spent on wasted product.