MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 8/1/2009 2:26:00 AM

my first paintpot, but im not too impressed with this. it feels dry and hard to blend out.. ): i really wanted to love it but i'd say i prefer TFSI over this still. not sure if i'll repurchase this.

on 7/28/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted something that was a 1-step eyecolor to swipe on and go, and I wanted something lighter than my skintone. Painterly actually was darker and more peacy/orange than my skin and I didn't care for it. It also was very thick and sticky and hard to blend. Might work as a base under other shadows for someone with a darker skintone.

on 7/27/2009 4:30:00 PM

This has HG status for me. I couldn't do without it. It functions as a great eyeshadow base but is also pretty on its own....it doesn't crease and sometimes I'll just wear this alone with some mascara. A nice, polished no-makeup look. Love it!

on 7/27/2009 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this paint pot. I was using the Urban Decay primer potion and eventually I would have to cut it open to move the product in a jar.... You ladies know what I mean. lol

This is a great primer and looks great with all my looks from pinks/pruples to neutral shadows. I reccomend this- and you wouldn't have to cut into anything.... Oh ya, my shadows never crease with this on.

on 7/24/2009 11:09:00 PM

I love the silkiness of this product. I never get creasing or clumping in my eyeshadow. And it helps it stay all day long.
And unlike UDPP i can use ever little bit without having to cut up the container.

I am a makeup artist, and I have to say...these are amazing! I started using them about a year ago, and I keep finding new ways to use them. I always use either Painterly or Soft Ochre as an eye shadow base, or to just even out the lid area. Painterly is also perfect for under eye circles, as it has a pink undertone which cancels out dark blue or green hues present. These actually work good as a lip eraser too. Mac Pro makes a lip erase cream, but I prefer to use paint pots, they're buildable (so you don't get concealer lips) and look more natural. Make sure to exfoliate your lips first, then apply with your finger tip to warm up the product, let dry for a few minutes, then apply lipstick or gloss overtop. It stays put all day. Sometimes I also use Soft Ochre as a concealer (i'm NC15-NC20).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really really love this product. This one product has made me want to collect all the painpots. I really dislike UDPP because I don't find it silky enough, but this is just velvety smooth. I also use this for undereye concealer, even though im NC15, it works wonders.

on 7/24/2009 12:44:00 AM

I really like this paint pot for days when I don't want a lot of make up going on. I use this to give me a "my eyelids only better" look, and it works perfectly. I add a little eye liner and mascara and I'm out the door.
As far as using this as a primer, I do use it occasionally, but you have to be very care to only use an extremely thin layer, or I find that my eyes feel sticky if I use more than just an extremely light amount.
This color is very similar to Soft Ochre, but unlike Soft Ochre's yellow base, this has a pink undertone.

on 7/21/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first paint pot. I've tried UDPP, TFSI and HIP Cream Shadow Paints all with the same results, my shadow creased and faded as if I hadn't even used a primer. I did experience a little creasing and fading with this as well but my shadow looked better than usual by the end of the day. It blends perfectly well into my NW20 skin and makes my eyes look SO bright and awake. I almost prefer wearing it alone. I will absolutely repurchase.

on 7/21/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this! I don't know why, but this baby has been sitting in my drawer for EVER, unopened, in the box. I bought Painterly and Bare Study on a buying spree and never opened them. until now. The other night I had my mu done at MAC for a party I was going to. I had the artist do my mu using the Eccentricity eyeshadow quad from the Colour Craft collection (a Rich gold, a Light violet, a Rich bronze and a Deep plum) Anyway, the party was outside and it was 90 degrees the entire night! I got home and checked myself in the mirror and still, even at midnight, not a crease, not a smear, not a budge! To me, this just as good if not better than Shadow Insurance which is $17 for 0.35 oz or even Urban deacy Eyeshadow Primer Potion which for 0.34 oz is $17 - MAC's paint pot is more - .17 fl oz for $16.50. but you don't have to squeeze out the product or dig in a genie bottle - you shouldn't use your finger for this imo. I use my 252 shader brush although the MAC SA suggested using 242. Again, I love this!

Top Rated MAC Products