December 20, 2014 | 1284 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by coloryouclingto

my hair is thick and coarse.
I love the smell of this stuff, and the price is amazing (less than 3 dollars!). It adds a little bit of shine to my hair and I have noticed that it keeps my hair looking a little healthier than it had before with moderate use of heat when styling (but I guess that could be the work of another product). I also think it helps me get my hair to lay flatter when I flat iron it, but who knows, it could be my imagination. I won't be repurchasing it because I just can't tell if it's really helping me (I can't say for certain that it even keeps my hair healthier) and I'd rather shop around for something that really wows me with how great it protects my hair when blow drying and straightening.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jacnqt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff and alternate between this and Soya Want Flat Hair. I don't like it as much as the Soya but it's much cheaper so I use the Soya when I really want my hair "perfect" and the TRESemme for regular days.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I really like that it's so cheap (3 USD?). But it doesn't really DO anything. It's sort of like putting water on your hair. Still, I use it every day just in case by some miracle it starts working. It does add some shine momentarily, but the shine quickly fades. I don't like the spray nozzle, it's annoying to use. It smells really nice though, just like all Tre Semme products. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Although I love the cheap price of this product (approximately $3 at Target!) and the cute spray design, I just don't like how it makes my hair feel. This spray just makes the texture of my hair seem drier than usual. I think I can find better heat protectant sprays out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by TopModelDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I like this stuff for is the smell. It's too thin and watery to use for flat ironing and the only reason why I use it to blow dry is because I haven't found something else yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first heat-protectant product I've used, so I can't compare it to others. But my long, fine hair looked much healthier after a round of blow drying after using this spray versus not using it. Without the spray, my hair was quite flyaway and fried-looking post-dryer; with the spray, my hair was obviously a little heat-sizzled, but still had a healthy shine and wasn't poofy in the way that fine wavy hair can get after any contact with heat.

Since I'm a recent convert from the no-silicones brigade, I was worried that this would weigh down my fine hair. I used to amp up my hair's natural wave/curl, but now I'm using a flat iron. My worries were for nothing, and if anything, my hair is looking thicker with this spray.

And the price can't be beat - $3.99 at my local grocery store. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by purpledragon1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know I'm the minority here, I really wanted to like this product it is inexpensive and has water soluble cones in it but it didn't do anything for my hair for heat protection when I used this to flat iron my hair with. I let it dry and then I straightened it and my hair was dry and dull. I won't be repurchasing it. My search for a heat protectant continues

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by plilyheart

I spray this on before I straighten and my hair looks really sleek afterwards. However, it doesn't stay that sleek for more than 2 hours and starts to lose its shine :( But, it's good! It smells like acidic green apple, which is why I didn't give the product a 5. Overall, you need a protectant from heat for your hair and this is a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works okay for me but Dove performs much better. Somehow it keeps my coarse hair straighter and sleeker than this stuff. But this ain't bad either. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $1.59.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Licorice86

This stuff worked good for when I used to blow-dry my hair. I used to spary it all over before I put in any styling products and it seemed to protect my hair from the damaging effects of the blowdryer. I would re-purchase if I still blow-dried my hair but I have stopped to protect against damage. I think it did help to keep my hair in relatively good condition even though I used the heat.. so I could grow it long again once I stopped with the heat styling.