December 23, 2014 | 1553 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by daiquiri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i didn't really like this product. it has to be one of the most overrated ones ever! i bought this mainly because of all the raves by MAs but it really was a waste of money. as a concealer it barely had any coverage, as a highlighter it was ineffectual compared to shimmer creams and the like. i didn't see any of the brightening properties it promised either. i now use it mainly as a eyeshadow base and on my fine lines. i gave it a 2 only because it works for the latter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2003 3:36:00 AM More reviews by reyna

In direct lighting (looking into your lighted mirror) it's like I had plastic surgery. It is designed to reflect light without being noticed as makeup. But in regular lighting - hello, there you are dark circles. Reminded me of the good-lighting-bad-lighting episode of Seinfeld. I'm not one to return makeup (embarassed) so I'm using it over foundation/concealer. Would work fab if I carried a spotlight with me all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 12:03:00 AM More reviews by dlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product and the "famed" Cle de Peau at the same time. The Radiant Touch was such a hands down winner, I ordered another one to keep in my purse for touch ups (the Cle de Peau is a heartbeat away from being swapped!). I really like the coverage this offers - its light and airy. Radiant indeed! It illuminates any spot where you dot it and it is the most ingenous applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2003 3:46:00 AM More reviews by pares318

Greatest undereye concealer I've ever tried. I own ALL CD concealers, tried most drug store brands, but none can combat "the most difficult to blend, and easily become caky undereye area." I can put on layers and layers to conceal my super dark circle until I am satisfied and WON'T get caky! For some who doesn't agree with me, the tirck is immediately blend with fingers after application. The downside is the color selection. only 2 I believe. and this product can't handle blemishes too well. It's a "highlighter" not a "concealer" I suppose... But I won't use anything else for my dark circle until anything else better comes out

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2003 7:40:00 AM More reviews by bathory

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first designer product I personally ever bought and after feeling faint parting with the money (twenty pounds)I have to admit a tube of the stuff lasted me nearly a year and it was like stroking perfect luminous liquid skin onto your own. Absolutely amazing stuff - shame its not cheap but then it is YSL.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After hearing so much about this product I knew that eventually I would break down and have to buy it. This is one of those purchases I didn't really want to make. Part of me was afraid I would find it was a miracle cream. The other part was convinced that this was just an overpriced highlighting cream - how special could that be?
The truth is I don't think there is anything special about Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. I don't have circles under my eyes - thanks only to heredity not because I get plenty of sleep. I don't normally wear concealors or highlighters. I tried using this cream as an eye shadow base and for one of the few times in my life my eye shadow creased and looked awful. That was a big disappointment! When I use this cream under my eyes it just highlights the fact that I am getting older. I found it settles into lines I didn't even know that I had! I tried it on other parts of my face and just couldn't get any kind of affect that would make this product worthwhile to me. So I am very relieved that I don't have to invest $35 in this product again. I hated the applicator too since you couldn't see how much product you are getting - I suspect less than you think you deserve for this horrendous price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by laislabonitax

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I have dark circles and use this AFTER all my other makeup (with concealer)It's a nice product as a finishing touch, but not as a concealer. I would buy it again, even though it is a bit pricey. It lasts for a long time though. I have tried other cheap versions, but this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by spalczer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use to intern for Women's Wear Daily as an assistant to the stylist at a photo shoot. I learned a lot of Amazing tricks from the make-up artist and best one I still use to this day is the radiant touch stick. It really highlights the shadows on your face. I was taught to place a line down the bridge of your nose and blend...unser each nostril and blend, across the ching and blend . NOw that I am older and getting a few under eye wrinkles I have found concealer to be too heavy. have switched to the radiant touch, it gives the right highlights without being cakey and actually accentuating wrinkles. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Peaches

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a 49 yr old makeup artist who's on her sixth Radiant Touch pen in three years, I'd like to add my two cents on this amazing beauty item: Is it a concealer? Is it a highlighter? The box states it's a highlighter, illuminator and corrector. So it's NOT a concealer. It's a must-have highlighter for anyone going before a camera. There's something in it (?) that catches the lights/flash and pulls shadows out of the darkness, especially those by the mouth and nose, and smoothes out the topography of the face. Under the eyes: I use it OVER concealer when there is an indentation between the eye area and the cheeks. If there is any puffiness, the important thing to remember is to not put it directly on the puff, but around it. I also use it for illuminating and correcting lip lines. Looking in the mirror, you may not see much improvement, but I suggest you try taking some pictures with a digital or polaroid camera, with and without the TE, to see the difference in the finished effect.

My only complaint is the inability to SEE when the pen is running out, which is why I buy them two at a time HTH.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2003 7:25:00 AM More reviews by boy_oh_boy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It didn't cover my dark circle,and it made me look too pink.I may got the wrong colour.Anyway,I'll try another shade before giving up with this product.