LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 8/19/2005 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this a couple of weeks ago beause Ocean Sea Salt was way too harsh for me. After you get over the initial "how do I use this", this is really brilliant. I usually leave it on as a mask for five minutes whilst I take a shower and then wash it off, and it leaves my skin as soft as a baby's bottom. I only use it about two to three times a week, because I don't think you should exfoliate every day. Definitely a keeper!!

on 8/18/2005 1:47:00 AM

Liked it but messy. UPDATE: gave me whiteheads :(

on 8/17/2005 7:59:00 AM

I spent my teenage years completely spot-free, so you can imagine the horror I felt when I had my first breakout in college. I got zits mainly on my forehead, and admittedly it wasn't really that bad, but I freaked out big time. Having heard rave reviews for Fresh Farmacy, I ran out and bought a slice, only to be sorely disappointed -- it dried up everything but my spots! Add to that bad experiences with Enzymion and I was on the verge of swearing off Lush skincare for good. Then I picked up some AOBS on impulse and made a beeline toward the ladies' room to try it out. All that lavender and rose calmed me down straight away, and I swear it brought the swelling down instantly. The China clay kept the oil at bay for longer, too. I used AOBS again that night and woke up spot-free the next morning. Make no mistake, it doesn't always work that fast -- and it definitely won't get rid of makeup -- but for something that's so unassuming and deceptively simple, it sure works much better than all those other products that claim to be God's gift to skincare.

on 8/11/2005 2:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm replacing Dermalogica Microfoliant with this - excellent for the mornings. As some people already mentioned, it's not a heavy-duty cleanser, wouldn't remove makeup, but perfect for the mornings as a refreshing cleanser that leaves skin... moisturized! Never dry, silky to touch.

I use Fresh Farmacy bar soap (also by Lush) at night and this in the morning. My skin is much calmer since I started using Lush (about 4 months now).

It lasts forever, so I think it's very cheap for such a quality product. Next time I'll be buying a smaller portion though, because a large tub may go bad before you use it all up! I'm still using my 3 ounce tub and it's been 4 months!

In smaller doses, it'll always be fresh. Try to not put wet fingers into the tub, either. If you leave too much moisture in, it might go bad prematurely, too, since it's and ALL-natural product without any preservatives.

on 8/9/2005 6:58:00 PM

It's tricky finding a facial cleanser for my picky combination skin, but AOBS satisfies it! Great smell, leaves my skin soft and, for the most part, spot-free. Just don't get any water in the tub and it'll last you a long time too!

on 8/6/2005 10:09:00 PM

Lush has given me my skin back. After almost 20 years of terrible pimply, cystic, oily, big pored, and red blotchy skin, I was about to face that I would never have nice skin. Then I found Lush. So far Ive tried Fresh Farmacy (LOVE it, calms redness and takes off makeup), Aquamarina ( Love, great for morning cleansing), and Herbalism (I dont like this one. It leaves a strange film behind). So AOBS was next and I thought I wouldnt like it because its a scrub like Herbalism. Wrong. It smells lovely and cleanses nicely leaving glowing skin behind. It wont take off makeup so I just use this in the morning. No major breakouts since I started using Lush 2 months ago.

on 8/2/2005 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first walked into the Lush shop in the QVB in Sydney, I was excited to buy it cause I heard lots of celbs endorsed Lush and their products. When I first tried it, it smelt great, giving a beautiful aroma of scents. But, when I used it, the lady at the counter had told me to mix it down with some water first. I did that, and washed my face with it. The cleasing part wasn't very fufilling. It was meager. After, I felt my skin, and it was silky smooth. Trying it again, I thought about it and I decided not to buy it again. It's more of a sloughing-dead-skin-cells-away type product, more than a cleasner. And, as they say, they're all natural. My skin type is sensitive and dry.

on 7/31/2005 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is so good for mature skin. It cleans without stripping. I wouldn't trust it to move major makeup, but it definitely handles mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer without a problem.

on 7/13/2005 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely the best skin cleanser/treatment I've ever tried! I have sensitive skin and this stuff leaves it soft and glowing every time I use it. I've been promoting it to family and friends ever since, and I plan to use it for a long time to come! It's like getting a spa facial every night for 35 cents a scoop (and a little bit goes a long way).

on 7/13/2005 2:59:00 PM

AOBS is one of the better products Lush has developed ever, if not the best. I've been using it for 7 months at least twice a week on my combination skin and it's never been so soft! It's really gentle, and the scent is very nice. I also love the concept of the product, being inspired by a medieval recipe. Using it makes you feel like a princess in the tower of a castle.
And it lasts ages, as you only need a pea sized amount, so it's really good value for your money.
I also use it as a face mask while I'm soaking in the bath, and the results are amazing. An absolutely must for me :)