February 1, 2015 | 2119 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by fistshaker

It's tricky finding a facial cleanser for my picky combination skin, but AOBS satisfies it! Great smell, leaves my skin soft and, for the most part, spot-free. Just don't get any water in the tub and it'll last you a long time too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 10:09:00 PM More reviews by schminken

Lush has given me my skin back. After almost 20 years of terrible pimply, cystic, oily, big pored, and red blotchy skin, I was about to face that I would never have nice skin. Then I found Lush. So far Ive tried Fresh Farmacy (LOVE it, calms redness and takes off makeup), Aquamarina ( Love, great for morning cleansing), and Herbalism (I dont like this one. It leaves a strange film behind). So AOBS was next and I thought I wouldnt like it because its a scrub like Herbalism. Wrong. It smells lovely and cleanses nicely leaving glowing skin behind. It wont take off makeup so I just use this in the morning. No major breakouts since I started using Lush 2 months ago.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Wengistein

When I first walked into the Lush shop in the QVB in Sydney, I was excited to buy it cause I heard lots of celbs endorsed Lush and their products. When I first tried it, it smelt great, giving a beautiful aroma of scents. But, when I used it, the lady at the counter had told me to mix it down with some water first. I did that, and washed my face with it. The cleasing part wasn't very fufilling. It was meager. After, I felt my skin, and it was silky smooth. Trying it again, I thought about it and I decided not to buy it again. It's more of a sloughing-dead-skin-cells-away type product, more than a cleasner. And, as they say, they're all natural. My skin type is sensitive and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2005 11:31:00 PM More reviews by flitcraft

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so good for mature skin. It cleans without stripping. I wouldn't trust it to move major makeup, but it definitely handles mineral makeup or tinted moisturizer without a problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ASweet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best skin cleanser/treatment I've ever tried! I have sensitive skin and this stuff leaves it soft and glowing every time I use it. I've been promoting it to family and friends ever since, and I plan to use it for a long time to come! It's like getting a spa facial every night for 35 cents a scoop (and a little bit goes a long way).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by spicyspanish

AOBS is one of the better products Lush has developed ever, if not the best. I've been using it for 7 months at least twice a week on my combination skin and it's never been so soft! It's really gentle, and the scent is very nice. I also love the concept of the product, being inspired by a medieval recipe. Using it makes you feel like a princess in the tower of a castle.
And it lasts ages, as you only need a pea sized amount, so it's really good value for your money.
I also use it as a face mask while I'm soaking in the bath, and the results are amazing. An absolutely must for me :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sunmonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Angels on Bare Skin as part of my new LUSH skincare regime. I use Babyface in the evening to take off my makeup, Celestial moisturiser before bed and then in the morning I cleanse with Angels on Bare Skin. i dont think my skin has looked this clear and felt so soft in a long time and Ive been through all the major cosmetic brands like Clarins, Origins, Estee Lauder, Decleor. I have combination skin which can react with dryness if a product is too harsh but AOBS is so amazingly gentle and it smells so natural and fresh with lavender and essential oils. I dont mind the process of mixing the paste with water one bit as this just makes it feel more wholesome and is quite therapeutic in its own way. After cleansing with this in the morning my skin is super clean and matte and ready to face the day. An absolute winner. Thanks Lush for another amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Brachanam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is rockin' my world!! I am new to LUSH, thanks to my best friend who turned me on to the website. Luckily I live in LA and was able to check out the store in Santa Monica. WOW. For any of you who are near a LUSH store - GO NOW! However, I must warn you, MAKE A BUDGET AHEAD OF TIME. I wound up spending $200 (worth EVERY PENNY, thankfully), but the sites and smells will pull the $ right out of your pocket book! Ok, review:: This is an amazing blend of Almonds, Rose Absolute, Lavender Flowers and other good stuff. Sure, it's not as easy as squirting soap in your hands and scubbing, but that's boring anyway ;-) This takes a bit of getting used to to master, but it's well worth it. Reviewer velouria explained it perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 10:50:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My skin has been acting really wonky lately and has been in need of a good scrub. Angels on Bare Skin to the rescue! I think I have finally mastered the technique (wet face thoroughly beforehand, wet small amount of product in hand, and scrub in circles, adding a bit of water as needed). My skin is reaping the rewards! I love, love, love the clean smell of AOBS. It also lasts a really long time, especially if I rotate it with Aqua Marina.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:22:00 AM More reviews by murki

The scent is very nice and I appreciate that it's all natural, but it's hard to use. I had to dilute it with honey and water myself, and even then, it was a bit too rough on my skin, and still watery and falling right off my face before I could get it to work. A better almond scrub is Repechage Honey and Almond mask.