October 22, 2014 | 978 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best cleanser I have found for skin. It keeps my skin clean, clear and glowing. The almond bits are a great gentle exfoliant.

The package leaves a bit to be desired...and it is important to keep out any water, otherwise the product will get moldy and be ruined.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has done a lot for my skin- it has made it look a lot clearer. Plus I love the lavender scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ailaois

Ok, so the packaging is crap. We all know that. However, one should never judge a book by it's cover.... which actually applies twofold with this product as, at first sight, it looks pretty awful. Grey, grainy gunk with little pip-like bits stuck in it. However, this gunk will soon become your best friend if you, like me, happen to suffer from psychotic skin that likes to be exceptionally greasy yet flaky at the same time. All flakes are gently sloughed off (as opposed to sand-blasted off with nasty sharp particles) and grease is kept to a minimum afterwards. You are left with a squeaky clean, but not tight, sensation that lasts a lot longer than many of AOBS's more expensive and less impressive counterparts from other brands. Highly recommmended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ary18

This product is AWESOME. It smells heavenly (It's full of fresh lavendar), and it's very kind to my skin. My skin literally glows after I'm done with it.
The only con? It is kind of hard to get used to using... you have to mix it with water yourself and then use it. But you get the hang of it fast.

Go into lush and ask them for a sample, you'll love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 1:47:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Angels on Bare Skin for several years, and it's my HG facial scrub. It's gentle enough for me to use in the winter, when my skin gets dry, but it's still effective in the summer. I love its all-natural recipe: almonds, lavender buds, and a little glycerin. Sometimes I just pat a little bit on, and rinse it off; sometimes I apply it more thickly and leave it on for a minute or two, as a mini-mask. Cleansing, smoothing, and soothing. I'm devoted to Angels.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by LuckySunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! The smell is wonderful and fresh and herby. Very strong lavender but more complex. It lasts a long time too because you only have to use about a pea-sized amount each time. I like to add a dab of shower gel (Lush's Bnever) to it to make it easier to use, but even without that it's pretty easy. My skin feels and looks amazing! It's so silky soft and the tone is excellent! I noticed a difference the first time I used it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 3:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Wanna love it, gotta hate it. Smells to me like stale beer (I hate beer). Getting it out of the container is ridiculous (it's packed in there hard) and when you do finally get it out, it's crumbly and difficult to spread around. I rub and rub and rub since it mostly just falls off (yes...I'm using water with it), then when I rinse, it feels like a film is left behind. When I use toner afterwards, the cotton pad comes off covered in makeup and dirt, so it's just not cleaning my face no matter how long I scrub it for. I usually like LUSH products, but this one blows.
UPDATE: OK...I've finally used up the container, and I have to admit when I'm wrong. It has made my skin very soft and glowy. While it still smells like ass soaked in beer, I've gotten used to using it and now that I don't have it, I really miss it! :P

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by calico32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

AOBS was the first Lush Item I ever tried. I'm so glad I did. This has replaced St. Ives as my HG scrub. How intensely it exfoliates depends on how hard your scrub and how much water you mix in with the product.

I have to agree, the packaging sucks, especially for travel. The product can be a bit difficult to use the first few times, until you learn what application method works best for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Not the best LUSH product in my humble opinion. First of all, I'm not too fond of the scent, since lavender tends to cause me bad migraine. :-(

It was a bit too thick and to gritty for my liking. But I must admit that it does leave the skin very soft.

The packaging definitely sucks. I won't buy it again as I already have an HG facial scrub (the one from Evian Affinity). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2005 5:42:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is very gentle and moisturizing for my flakey, dry sensitive skin. I always forget that I have it though, and neglect to use it often.

I like that it is mostly natural ingredients and that there are no harsh detergents in it.