December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 10:50:00 PM More reviews by velouria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My skin has been acting really wonky lately and has been in need of a good scrub. Angels on Bare Skin to the rescue! I think I have finally mastered the technique (wet face thoroughly beforehand, wet small amount of product in hand, and scrub in circles, adding a bit of water as needed). My skin is reaping the rewards! I love, love, love the clean smell of AOBS. It also lasts a really long time, especially if I rotate it with Aqua Marina.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:22:00 AM More reviews by murki

The scent is very nice and I appreciate that it's all natural, but it's hard to use. I had to dilute it with honey and water myself, and even then, it was a bit too rough on my skin, and still watery and falling right off my face before I could get it to work. A better almond scrub is Repechage Honey and Almond mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2005 2:39:00 PM More reviews by rosielees

I used this product once and then bought it again when my skin became bad with exams. Although as yet i havent seen any dramatic improvement(will update if i do!) it smells lovely, and exfoliates nicely. I like the idea of using natural products and this one is leaves my skin feeling clean and not tight.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Jem_81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product. I gave into all the hype. I'm not quite sure yet what to think of it. it is quite expensive for such a little tub. The plasitc tub that everyone is complaining about doesn't bother me. What does bother me is how when your trying to add some water to the paste, i lose some of it because it falls out of my hand into the sink! I guess i'll get better at that. The smell is lovely, and it does make my skin soft. I find however my face is more super soft and clean when I used the Crash Course in Skinscare mask, but I guess this does nicely for something on the go. I haven't decided yet if I'd purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2005 7:49:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Angels.Its so gentle and leaves my skin soft and smooth.A must for me.

Update: tried this again recently (Sep 2012) and as I've had no problems with it in the past, applied it all over my skin- big mistake! I had one of the worst reactions I've ever experienced. I checked the ingredients list and there seems to be a new addition; Tagetes Oil, which apparently is from the dahlia/daisy family and can obviously cause a reaction on sensitive skin like mine, so if you've never used this oil before, I would strongly recommend a patch test first!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by blacky219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product was nothing i expected, and did not resolve in water at all. it was not exactly cleansing, but still felt oddly ok.

after about 2 weeks time now, i love this thing! to resolve this in water, i crush a peanut size ball in my palm with very little water using my thumb, then it becomes workable paste. and this makes my skin soft and clearer.

i would not reccommend this if you have oily skin. i have sensitive normal to dry skin, and still this product feels pretty oily. good way of oily, not sticky or greasy at all.

ADDED: i would not buy LUSH's 'fresh' items any more. this angels got rotten in 2 month time. and i got a new aqua marina from the shop and found out the expiry date sticker was amended by the shop owner.

CANNOT TRUST lush items any more especially this kind of fresh items. BEWARE!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2005 3:12:00 AM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

I had such high hopes for this product, and they were utterly crushed. When I first opened it up, a waft of fresh herbs was a pleasant surprise. The scent is calming and refreshing at the same time, and is the only reason why I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. Beyond that it was too difficult to use!

The ingredients are Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, and Lavender Flowers so there wasn't really a soluble vehicle to hold it all together as a paste, even when I filled my hands with water and tried to mix the stuff together. I felt as if I was just taking the almonds and herbs and scraping them against my skin instead of applying a cleanser. My face was bright red as if I had just scratched it up!

Not to mention one single use took a large portion and at $10 for a little plastic tub that becomes an expensive habit real quick! I attempted to use this 3 times before returning it to the store and exchanging it for a couple of their cleansing bars (much better, by the way!).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by iris0128

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about it. It's kinda oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best cleanser I have found for skin. It keeps my skin clean, clear and glowing. The almond bits are a great gentle exfoliant.

The package leaves a bit to be desired...and it is important to keep out any water, otherwise the product will get moldy and be ruined.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by juicylucy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has done a lot for my skin- it has made it look a lot clearer. Plus I love the lavender scent.