Chanel No.5

3.5

A nice, interesting, unique and pretty fragrance. Very feminine and classic and a bit old-fashioned. Lightly floral, clean, soapy with a certain zest and vibrancy. I bought this a few years ago but unfortunately it didn't smell as good on me as it did from the bottle. But I recommend it if you can wear it.

on 12/5/2004 8:30:00 PM

I have the expensive bottle Direct from the factory in Paris and it smells like lysol on me. The cheaper spray from Macy's smells better. Oh well...I still love this scent, the bottle, the image--c'mon it's CHANEL!

on 11/24/2004 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't use it too often. Sometimes the sandlewood smell in it reminds me of some old-fashioned soap.

on 11/22/2004 5:13:00 PM

My mom always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I remember not liking it at all when I was younger, but recently got a sample with an order of Chanel Gardenia from Gloss, and I totally loved it. It starts off a bit strong on me, but a half and hour later, it drys to a soft, powdery, sweet floral scent. I can't stop smelling myself. It's so captivating. I don't think it's just for grandmas either. I think No.5 smells classy and beautiful for all women.

on 11/21/2004 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

on 11/19/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love No. 5!!! My mom had a bottle of perfume when I was little, that my Dad brought her from Europe, so it calls up all kinds of memories. I just repurchased the EDT, and am ready to buy the real deal perfume now. I normally wear Opium and Addict types of fragrances, so this is a bit of an anomaly for me, but I love it just the same.

on 11/19/2004 7:42:00 AM

My mum wears it too.. Far too strong and offensive for my nose..

on 11/17/2004 10:13:00 AM

I have to agree with lanilove below. I swapped for this based on a few reviews and all the ads popping up recently. I can't understand how this fragrance has been around for so long. When I sprayed it I came close to dry heaving. I don't care for cats but I think I'd prefer the smell of a litter box over this. I even sprayed this on a clean tissue, I waited a while for it to dry, and still hated it. I can't see why anyone under 60 would purchase this. Sorry to all the chanel lovers out there!

on 11/16/2004 5:00:00 PM

my mom wears this and it smells awful! it's way too strong even with one spritz but it seemed as if my mom overdosed on it. -_-

on 11/16/2004 2:47:00 AM

My relation with this fragrance is very ambivalent. When I smell it on someone else I always like it soooo much! It is sophisticated and natural at once.
The first two hours after the application I cannot stand it when sniffing too near on my wrist. It seems to me too harsh and not soft and powdery at all. I really need to smell my wrist from a certain distance to like it. But after some hours the base of this fragrance comes out and then.... ooh... it is just everthing that a fragrance should be: light, soft, subtle, warm but not too sweet or too powdery. Everything is in perfekt harmony.

Popular Fragrances