July 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2004 2:04:00 PM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A gloriously glamorous classy and elegant fragrance. I am in my 40's, but I have loved #5 since my 20's. It is timeless! It makes me feel confident, sexy and womanly and NOT old. But every fragrance smells different on each woman, so it is always a matter of taste and body chemistry. Chanel #5 is pleasing to both in my case. Give it try if you haven't already ... You may find your HG like I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2004 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Lilith_Ambre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love #5. I love its contrast when wearing torn jeans, biker boots and my husband's leather jacket.

I love that it smells like nothing in particular but always conveys the essence of woman.

It's the anti chichipoopoo frag that oozes class and sophistication, doesn't even try to please but just happens to be unforgettable.

And it's damn sexy, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 7:03:00 PM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I wear Chanel No. 5 I feel elegant, confident, and extremely feminine. This fragrance doesn't have a defining note that screams out proclaiming it's presence, rather, it melts into my skin, surrounding me in a sensual cloud of beauty. Even if I'm not dressed to the nines with perfect lingerie and fishnet stockings, No. 5 makes me feel like I am! The drydown is incredible, and the lasting power, even of the edt, is very good. Chanel No. 5 is wearable art.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2004 1:10:00 AM More reviews by LipstickChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my FAV fragrances of all time!! Beautiful, timeless, and forever!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the EDT (I've never smelled the pure parfum). Bizarrely, when I first sprayed the EDT, it smelled exactly like cola...fizzy, sweet cola. Luckily, the cola disappeared within seconds, leaving a pretty, somewhat powdery floral scent behind. Although I do like Chanel No. 5 (and I don't think it smells like old ladies) I can't see myself wearing it regularly. Still, if someone were to offer me a bottle at a good price, I wouldn't turn them down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by edie4711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

With all the stories and legends about it in mind, I tried Chanel No. 5 for the first time in the late '90's. I was a novice to the fragrance scene, having experienced only the requisite American drugstore girl-scents such as Tinkerbell, Love's Baby Soft, and BB Skin Musk, with a brief adolescent foray into the world of Cinnabar.
I was disappointed at the store. THIS was the legendary Chanel No. 5? It smelled strongly, and was not unpleasant, but somehow I couldn't picture Marilyn Monroe applying this underwhelming fragrance before bed. I moved quickly away from the fragrance counter, disillusioned and sad.
Hours later, I was lying on the couch reading a book; passing my hands close to my face as I turned the pages, I suddenly caught a whiff of something unbelievably wonderful. It smelled like warm skin, a bit powdery, very clean, a little sultry, and exquisitely sexy, but not at all trampy. I sniffed my wrists to confirm: that wonderful smell was me! This must be the Chanel No. 5! No wonder Marilyn loved it so!
So, long story short (I hear you screaming "too late!"), you might hate it OOB, you might even hate it half an hour after application, but do give it a few hours to develop on your skin, because when it works, it really REALLY works. SO beautiful. Recently I was nostalgic for it, bought it, and it's still as beautiful as ever. I am pleased to say that No. 5 has been welcomed back to my fragrance stable. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by divka84

My mother's favourite perfume was Chanel no5 and I hated it at first. I tried it on at the Chanel counter and blech! I felt like a 90 year old! At 18, that's not good :D But, as I went through the store and browsed around, even though I was dressed casually, I felt sophisticated and actually went back to buy a bottle. For me, it turns a tshirt and jeans into a little black dress. Very classy. Not something I would wear when I want to feel "sexy" but definitely a classy, feminine, mature smell. I got compliments all day, and still do whenever I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2004 11:18:00 PM More reviews by babydoll83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My brother laughed when i told him if he likes chanel no.5. his like " it smells like a grandma" LOL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 8:56:00 AM More reviews by birg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Some MUA reviewers don't like this fragrance, as it reminds them of their grandmothers. What is wrong with their grandmothers, I feel concerned? Well, I am a grandmother myself and I adore this warm, aldehydic, classic scent (however, not every day, it is a fragrance for special occasions). My love for Chanel #5 has very little to do with the fact that I am a grandmother - I liked it as a young girl and woman and always felt so happy and secure, when my mother wore it. This fragrance always makes me feel the woman (grandmother!) I am and hope to remain.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2004 2:49:00 AM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I'm sorry but this stuff smells realllly bad.. I know it's a "classic" but it reminds me something my grandmother would wear!