Chanel No.5

3.5

on 11/24/2004 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I don't use it too often. Sometimes the sandlewood smell in it reminds me of some old-fashioned soap.

on 11/22/2004 5:13:00 PM

My mom always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I remember not liking it at all when I was younger, but recently got a sample with an order of Chanel Gardenia from Gloss, and I totally loved it. It starts off a bit strong on me, but a half and hour later, it drys to a soft, powdery, sweet floral scent. I can't stop smelling myself. It's so captivating. I don't think it's just for grandmas either. I think No.5 smells classy and beautiful for all women.

on 11/21/2004 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

on 11/19/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love No. 5!!! My mom had a bottle of perfume when I was little, that my Dad brought her from Europe, so it calls up all kinds of memories. I just repurchased the EDT, and am ready to buy the real deal perfume now. I normally wear Opium and Addict types of fragrances, so this is a bit of an anomaly for me, but I love it just the same.

on 11/19/2004 7:42:00 AM

My mum wears it too.. Far too strong and offensive for my nose..

on 11/17/2004 10:13:00 AM

I have to agree with lanilove below. I swapped for this based on a few reviews and all the ads popping up recently. I can't understand how this fragrance has been around for so long. When I sprayed it I came close to dry heaving. I don't care for cats but I think I'd prefer the smell of a litter box over this. I even sprayed this on a clean tissue, I waited a while for it to dry, and still hated it. I can't see why anyone under 60 would purchase this. Sorry to all the chanel lovers out there!

on 11/16/2004 5:00:00 PM

my mom wears this and it smells awful! it's way too strong even with one spritz but it seemed as if my mom overdosed on it. -_-

on 11/16/2004 2:47:00 AM

My relation with this fragrance is very ambivalent. When I smell it on someone else I always like it soooo much! It is sophisticated and natural at once.
The first two hours after the application I cannot stand it when sniffing too near on my wrist. It seems to me too harsh and not soft and powdery at all. I really need to smell my wrist from a certain distance to like it. But after some hours the base of this fragrance comes out and then.... ooh... it is just everthing that a fragrance should be: light, soft, subtle, warm but not too sweet or too powdery. Everything is in perfekt harmony.

on 11/15/2004 12:15:00 PM

Chanel no.5 what a dissapointment. I have to wonder if the rave reviews on this reflect more a passion for anything Chanel than this perfume. Maybe it is my chemistry--but "old lady" doesn't even beging to cover it. Moth balls, gaggy is more like it. Never again!!

on 11/11/2004 10:16:00 PM

Simply elegant and classic.

Popular Fragrances