Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

awesome

doesn't mess up my "ph balance" and leaves my skin clean and smooth

I love Dove! It has been one my "splurges" for years. It's more expensive than other soaps but well worth the extra dough in its skin-conditioning abilities! I got cheap recently and tried the Kroger's knockoff and that was not the same, that stuff didn't fly! There is no substitute for Dove. It leaves my skin soft and lightly scented and I use it on my face too and its very gentle for that.

on 4/30/2004 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Made me switch over from body wash to bar. Produces a thick, rich, creamy and stiff lather when you use a pouf. The only "soap" I have ever used that does not leave a "film" on my skin when rinsed. Leaves my skin feeling very smooth and soft. Has a very nice light comforting scent that does fade. (Kinda smells baby "powdery-ish" but I don't like baby powder and I love this. 1 Bar lasts about 2 weeks with heavy use.
UPDATE- I have recently started using this (the unscented one) on my face which I would have never done before. I have read quite a few dermatologist recommenations for this. I am very very surprized with the results. I have very oily skin and its sometines blotchy looking and this has really helped. After 4 days my skin looks more even, feels soft but not greasy, and it removes all my makeup very well. This may be a winner

on 4/28/2004 8:45:00 PM

EXTREMELY harsh/drying on my normal skin. Dunno where the 1/4 moisturizing ingredients went lol...Will not reuse even if it was free!!!

on 4/28/2004 8:39:00 PM

EXTREMELY Harsh/drying on my normal skin. Will NEVER reuse this even if it was FREEE!! This soap is purely BAD!

on 4/28/2004 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this since I was 14 and started to wear make-up. I have since tried various other cleansers (Clean & Clear, TBS Tea Tree Oil etc.) but none can compare to the softness and cleanliness that this simple bar has left my skin feeling. Need proof that it works? In my pictures I am only wearing undereye concealer! I never have had the need to wear foundation all over. I love this stuff, and I know I don't need to try anything else anymore.

on 4/28/2004 2:35:00 AM

At first I love this soap because it makes me feel so soft n moisturized n I love the scent not too strong. Eventually after couple of weeks I begin to notice that my skin had build ups that makes my acne worst n dries out my skin. Because I had combo acne prone - sensitive skin, I have to say that this soap is quite good but not good enough for me, because so far I haven't got any allergy reaction from the soap but I didn't use it long enough though. Worth to try coz it's so cheap n you can use it as face soap too.

on 4/10/2004 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was recommended this by my derm. At first, I thought ..a bar soap for your face?.. but really, this is ultra gentle. I have "can take anything" skin, so i might not be the best judge of how gentle things are. But I have used other cleansers and i felt that they were drying. But with dove white bar, there is really no tightness afterward...great for the body too.

on 4/6/2004 1:04:00 AM

This is the only soap I can use. I have eczema-super dry skin and this is the only soap that doesn't make me super itchy or dry. It's also good to get off face makeup before your face cleanser!

Dove's White Beauty Bar is a staple for me. It's so gentle and provides such a soft and perfect lather. It's very moisturizing. and it smells divine! When I want my skin to feel oh-so-clean, I use my Dove.