April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in the lightest two shades, Ivory and Classic Ivory. Ivory was like a pinker version of NW15, too pink and too dark for me. Classic Ivory felt like a neutral N20 shade, and I will probably keep that to wear in the summer.
It reminded me of MAC Studio Fix Fluid - medium to full coverage, satin matte finish - but with less oil control and longevity. I really liked how I did not need concealer with this, I just layered the foundation 2 or 3 times in specific areas, set with powder, and it lasted a good 12 hours before it began to start breaking down. If you can find a color match and this doesn't break you out, this is a great drugstore foundation. Kudos to selling the packaging with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HAVE NEVER found a HG drugstore foundation and never had any luck in drugstore foundations. I have always gone back to Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, Lancome tiented Idole Ultra and Shu Uerema Nobora Stick. I have always been a big fan of department store foundations.

HOWEVER, I have finally found a drugstore foundation I REALLY LOVE! The Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation works just as well as those in the department stores! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I also love how it has a pump!

I have combination skin/sensitive skin and it did not dry out my skin at all. It is shine free and does not make my face oily during mid day. I did not need to set this with a powder because the foundation turns into a nice powdery finish. I have no broken out yet. One layers is good but if you want a full coverage, you can built it up.
This foundation reminds me of Makeup Forever Mat Velvet!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!! GIVE IT A TRY! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by PaulinaLC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After watching reviews on YouTube about this product, I had to go and get it. I purchased it in soft honey but was sure that golden tan would match my skin more. According to many reviews I've read and watched, this product oxidized throughout the day so I settled for a shade lighter, soft honey, than my skin. I tried soft honey but it just looked way too light and ended up looking gray on my face by the end of the day so I returned it and got the shade golden tan. When I first applied it, it matched my skin perfectly, so flawless, I loved it but after 5 hours, I looked at myself in the mirror in daylight, my face looked awfully orange. 2x darker than what it had been this morning. I am so disappointed in the color selection and the fact that it oxides just hours into the wear. But overall, I love the consistency and how it feels velvety smooth on my skin! If you find the perfect shade, I am seriously jealous of you!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Keyairaxo

Reading the comments and reviews about this product, i was very skeptical when it came to purchesing this product. Also, i have not liked any previous covergirl foundations. After seeing a youtube video of someone that has oily combo skin like me, saying mainly good things about it, i went ahead and bought it. I'm actually very pleased with it! It lasts all day although by the end of the day my face is slightly oily, but that is to be expected with any foundation. I would reccomend this for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by kyulaire

I bought this after seeing all of the hype surrounding this product on YouTube and here on MakeupAlley. I am on the fence about this. I love the packaging of this product and the shade I bought (Ivory) matches me almost perfectly when I first apply it. I notice that it oxidizes probably about an hour after application; It's not terrible, but I can really notice it. I like the way it looks when I first apply it, but I do not really like the powdery finish of it once it sets. I'm not sure if I really like it or not considering I've only used it for a week. I do not hate but not too sure if I would by it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was so excited to try this product after reading the reviews for it on MUA. However, I was let down when I bought this product. The packaging with the pump is amazing and it comes in a glass bottle but I couldn't forget the formula. Although my skin is dry, I prefer a matte look but this foundation looked like a paste. It was thick and looked very unnatural. Ultimately I returned it and will never look back.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyskindeep

I was on the fence with this.. bought it in "natural beige" and it seemed to oxidize on me so I returned that one for "nude beige" which was better but I still feel like the color match is not perfect with this, I love the formula, reminds me of MUFE Mat Velvet Plus at a fraction of the cost, but the shades are really not forgiving. Between the two shades I tried( that were as close as I was going to get) are still a little too pink for my skin tone. I gave it four lippies because of the formula, price, and finish.. I just wish the colors were better! That's where the high end foundations get you, you are more likely to find your match the first time...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in 'Nude Beige' which looked good when I put it on but it oxidized throughout the day. The coverage was good but it felt a little tacky even after some powder (may have been due to my moisturizer). It did wear well and looked really natural. I'll have to return the Nude Beige and get a lighter shade. Be aware, this does oxidize on some skin so keep your receipt in case of return.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I have this in shade 842 (medium beige). I usually wear Rimmel 25 hour foundation and was doing good with that. This is a little easier to blend though both dry fast. It gave medium coverage without exaggerating dry spots and left my skin looking dewy at the end of the day, not oily. My face felt like skin, not makeup which is a plus. I wore this out on a walk and when I returned home, my face still looked good. I think I have to move up a color, but so far I am really like it. The real test will be during the summer. For reference, I have oily but sensitive skin with a tendency towards eczema. Update 1/8/14 I am now wearing the shade 850. During the summer, it did hold up fairly well with a few oily patches on my nose and cheeks, but overall it worked out for me. It provides the coverage I need and doesn't look cakey on my skin. It hasn't broken me out or caused any clog pores. I am still not ready to call it my HG as of yet since there are still other foundations I would like to try before I settle on a decision, but this comes very close.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Tralana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel SO bad that I can't write a good review on this foundation..let me start off by saying I've never really liked anything by Covergirl. The fact that the reviews and Youtube videos were saying this foundation was amazing made me feel like I HAD to go out and try it. I'm in the process of finding my perfect foundation..and this COULD have been it, if it wasn't for the color selection.
I am as white as a sheet, and the lightest shade Ivory is not even close to Ivory..it's freakin orange! I put it on before I went to work and I didn't add any powder or anything else to it to see how it really held up on it's own. From in my bathroom the color looked ok, but man was I wrong. I can put a swatch on my hand and hold up the bottle next to it, and they look like completely different colors. From the bottle it looks like a nice light neutral shade, but it's not on the skin.
It kept my face looking amazing in every other aspect though. The coverage was awesome, it really did act like a primer because usually I get lines around my mouth in the middle of the day, if not sooner and this foundation didn't do that at all. Without powder, my nose was the only thing that got oily all day.
If any of you girls are as pale as me, like TRUE pale, I would say to buy this from a store that you can return it if you need to. I bought it from Ulta for $12.99, and I swear it would be the perfect foundation if they made it lighter. =(
EDIT: I also wanted to point out that I could literally smell the foundation all day, which I didn't like too much =( The ONLY foundation I have found to match my pale skin is Loreal True Match in the color porcelain.