October 20, 2014 | 2088 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Callisto83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Could it be... Could this drugstore BB cream be HG material? It sure can!!! Over the years I've bought loads of foundations and tinted moistueizers, all with the hope that 'finally', something that would work and look ok on my extremely dry skin (starting to develop fine lines..)
This is amazing! It is gel like, applies so smoothly - and I mean smoothly; a lot of my foundations that's supposed to be hydrating are almost grainy in texture, and looks really artificial blended on to my skin. This doesn't for some reason, it just smooths out my complexion and is easily buildable to gently cover up red areas. Although only sheer coverage, it is pretty much foolproof. I have yet to look cakey or weird with this on. In fact, out of all my 20++ foundations through the years, I actually got a compliment with this one on! And that's amazing considering I have eczema and a difficult canvas to work with. I don't know if the ingredients are super healthy, but then again, a lot of ingredients that's supposed to be "natural", organic and what not, gives my skin severe allergic reactions. This works, and I haven't had any troubles so far. It doesn't dry out my skin like so many other things do, and it just fits me like a glove. My shade is Light, and its a perfect match. I can't believe I've spent $$$ on all sorts of expensive stuff when this little gem was sitting in a drugstore shelf all along. Please don't discontinue this Maybelline, I'm in love and all I can say is HG.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: Light

Pros:
Great for days you don't want to wear foundation but want a little coverage.
Light feeling.
SPF 30.
Doesn't set in creases.
No offensive smell.

Cons:
I don't like how quickly it comes out the tube.
Limited colour choices.
Makes my combination skin slightly greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by jlhoward27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this product, it does what it says. My skin is pretty clear right now but If I had tons of brown spots and pimples I don't think this stuff would cover. BUT for a few old pimple scars it does blur them. This gives my skin an even tone, blurs some things and gives me a glow, oh and hasn't broken me out yet. I also like the fact it does NOT have shimmer. I like this product and will buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by victoriahorses

I love this product! I tried the free sample and loved it and went out and got it. I got the lightest shade. I have got this product about 3 times because the bottle isnt that big. However In terms of the actual product I love it. it doesnt give you that powdery skin look. its very natrual and I usualy use this and a bit of blush and that's it. I must say on my nose it looks a little too pale, So i dont use it on my nose. however it hides all blemishes , spots and u dont have to wash it of because it is a bb cream. Also it doesnt cause black heads or clogged pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by angelapadilla

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I Dont wear foundation anymore! just this and a setting powder and i get the same if not better coverage then i did with foundation. It gives you a natural look vs a cakey look where you can tell that youre wearing make up. I wear it everyday and its my go to product, even after swimming in a pool, which i wouldnt normally do with foundation. it doesnt make my skin feel dry all day either!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by reasontosmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is very fair, dry, and prone to breakouts.
Pros: -hydrating (I don't skip my moisturizer but this stuff feels like I'm drenching my skin in cool moisture)
- coverage (light, but more than a tinted moisturizer. I wear it to the gym a lot and it covers my redness). Can also build the coverage without it looking cakey, which is a plus.
- staying power (with a setting powder this stuff will stay as long as a normal light-medium foundation)
- SPF 30. This means A LOT to me. This is one of the highest SPF's in a BB cream and IS the highest in a drugstore BB.
- Does not break me out. I don't wear it every day but I will sometimes wear it a few days in a row and I always wear it to the gym and I have had no issues with it breaking me out at all.
- Finish. A lovely dewy (but still looks like skin, not a shiny mess of foundation) finish. Makes my skin glow which I absolutely adore.
-Comes in 5 shades which is a decent array for a drugstore BB cream. Only thing I would say is that they are mostly fair-light tan so if you're skin is very deep in colour I don't think you'll find the deep shade exactly right. But definitely worth a swatch.
-Price: 8.99-11.99 depending on where you are from (I am from Canada and got mine for 11.99). Very decent in comparison to other drugstore BB creams.
CONS: The only con I can think of is that it is a small bottle for what you pay for. However I don't wear mine everyday (more like 3-4x a week) and I've had mine for over 2 months. So it does even out.
I truly do like this BB cream. And for the price, I don't feel like I will be breaking the bank whenever I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by BonjurCutie

I'm technically a light/medium in this brand, but I bought this in medium. This is not a bb cream technically, it's a tinted moisturizer so I bought it with the purpose of only covering my blemishes. On my nose I have red scars and scabs. The thing with scars and scabs is that they are darker and redder than your natural skin color. With the medium tint I apply it to my nose and because this maybelline's bb cream has a pink tint also, it hides almost all off the blemishes on my nose(which is something my stila bb failed to do). You may view the pink tint as a bad thing but the pink tint in the medium tone darker than my skin matched with the dark and red acne scars/scabs which is something that would have not worked well if I had went with my actual skin shade (light/medium in the maybelline bb cream).I wouldn't use this for the face though because it is kind of drying it brings out you skin lines or wrinkles and I didn't buy a color that matched my face tone. For my face I would just stick with my stila bb. I give this product a 4 for covering my blemishes but as a bb cream I would give it like a 2. Like I said before this should not be considered a bb cream or a moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulConverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first bb cream, that being said I never used an Asian bb cream. I have nothing to compare this bb cream to.
I was imaging a better coverage. This gave almost barely anything. My tinted moisturiser gave better coverage (aren't bb creams suppose to give better coverage?). A huge factor that I also hated was it made my normal skin look not glowy, but oily after a few hours. Also, without a concealed I saw no change besides that "glowy" factor. The price is good though, 9USD and its easily accessable through drugstores. The color range is okay, I'm the lightest shade. All in all, won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this, but i def do not love it! when i think of a good bb cream, i think cream, thicker consistency. this product is runnier, more like a thin lotion. it provides average bb cream consistency, so not amazing, but it makes my skin feel so oily immediately after application! I set it with powder, and i use blot papers all day long!! in one day of wearing this, i went through 12 nyx blotting papers!!!! 12!!! thats too much oil. after removing it and going to bed, the next day, i washed my face, and still had more oil on my face, and it was colored like the bb cream, yuck!! I still have the full tube, and will be using it anymore, and def plan on a return!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xoxoxol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. I've found tinted moisturisers in the past to be too 'cakey' for everyday, but this gives gorgeous, natural-looking coverage with minimal fuss. It's really hydrating, and has an SPF of 25 - so even my dry skin is left soft and protected all day. Even better, I wear it every day and a tube still lasts me about two months. I've recommended this to everyone I know, definitely try it!