December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was lucky to have a wonderful friend from the US who bought these lip butters and sent them to me in India to try! She picked out five shades for me: Sugar Plum, Red Velvet, Fig Jam, Lollipop, and Creme Brulee. I was afraid the lip butters would be too sheer and shiny because as you would know if you recall my previous reviews, I like very opaque, rich feeling, pigmented heavy lipstick and sheer filmy gloss-like lip products are not to my taste. But MUA raved about these so much I just had to try them. I am a bit surprised that I really do love the formula. Each shade is very pigmented and you do get excellent rich color payoff and a wonderful smooth rich feel. If you apply enough you can get the "heavy" feel that I prefer. I love the packaging, it is very classy looking and high quality. Now for the shades: Red Velvet is probably my favorite, it is a gorgeous deep dark red that doesn't look too orange on my skin (NC42, Indian with yellow undertones) or get into the plummy wine territory. Just beautiful. I also love Creme Brulee which I know some MUAers thought was too light of a shade but when applied nice and heavy looks gorgeous and seems to make one's lips look fuller and lusher and somehow even seems to make one look younger and more awake and just more radiant and beautiful. I wear Creme Brulee to work and anywhere I need to be in the early mornings. Sugar Plum is nice, very similar to many lipsticks I have but it's a nice neutral plum color, and Fig Jam is a pretty warm raisin brown. Lollipop is a very bold pink shade and I must say not one I would choose myself as I tend to avoid pinks on my strong yellow-tawny complexion. It can look a bit harsh if overdone so this is really one to be careful with. But it is a fun colorful shade, maybe for night time but a bit loud and bright for my personal taste. But all in all these lip butters are wonderful and definitely worth getting them sent to me :) I would definitely give them a try, especially Creme Brulee and Red Velvet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Can you say LOVE!? These are awesome! After much deliberation, I broke down and gave into the hype. they were sold out at both Rite Aid and CVS, I finally tracked them down at my local Target. I chose two colors, Sugar Frosting and Peach Parfait. Sugar frosting is a VERY light, frosty pinkish nude. I LOVE it on my light neutral skin. I have some ridiculously un-pigmented lips, so much so that I feel like I always have to have something on to keep from looking dead. This is perfect for an everyday nude lip, it gives just enough color and shimmer. Peach Parfait is a peachy coral with golden shimmer. The color itself is very wearable, and I love the way it brightens my complexion. However, the amount of shimmer in the product is a little disappointing to me. The texture of this one is very gritty and not as smooth and buttery as Sugar Frosting. Both shades have a very glossy sheen to them. I'm really impressed with the packaging, they have a very high end feel to them.

Overall, I'm really happy with the two shades I bought, and I intend on picking up a few more. Sweet Tart and Pink Truffle are next on the list!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I own a couple of these, and they are okay. I do not quite understand the hype around them, I guess they just do not have other products like this in the drugstore? I suppose it would be unfair of me to compare them to other lipsticks I own, my favorites being from MAC, Chanel, & Guerlain, but I honestly do reach for those before these. I think it is just that none of the colours particularly suit my tastes, I have six of them and they are all kind of "meh" on me. I do love the shine they give, but my lips are usually ultra dry and these definitely do not let me skip my lip balm. The lasting power is also mediocre, and I honestly think the glitter in some of them is unnecessary, it actually kind of makes the lipstick in the tube a bit grainy after a few uses... They are okay, and perhaps if I find them again I will try one of the other shades to see if they suit me better. Until then, I honestly probably will not use these very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

As of this writing, I own 4 of these and plan on getting two more. I just love them - and I'm not much of a lip product person. The ones I have tried so far (I will update this review when I get home with a list) have been very pigmented. When applied normally (swiped straight from the tube) I get a very pigmented shade that is not glossy but has a nice sheen. It also doesn't settle into lines which I hate and keeps my lips decently moisturized. It survives a typical work day well enough, requiring only a bit of touching up after my lunch break if I so desire (because it looks like a nice lip stain after a few hours so it's not really required). But since I do prefer my lips slightly matte and not as colorful, I like to pat it on and then blend with a brush (Candy Apple especially since it looks really bold on me). $7 give or take seems a bit steep for a drugstore product but Revlons often go on sale (unlike high end brands) and if you are good with coupons these can be had for quite a steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Alright ladies, I hate to be the one to bring down the love for these lip butters, but I'm just not understanding the hype surrounding these at all. So, around the time these first came out, I bought into the Internet craze, and picked up three: Creamsicle (extremely light, almost milky nude peach with no shimmer), Peach Parfait (salmony coral pink with gold shimmer; my fave out of the 3) and Candy Apple (a nice warm-toned bright red shade).
The colors are nice, two are decently pigmented, the formula is smooth and creamy (though not quite as rich and buttery smooth as the Clinique Butter Shine Lipsticks), and the packaging with the quilted design on the exterior certainly is in good taste, and it's quite classy and looks on the more expensive side for a DS lipstick. The extensive shade range is also quite nice, and I truly think there's a color for everybody in this lineup. I picked up a light, medium, and darker shade, just to see if the level of pigmentation was different in any of them. Creamsicle (the lightest one) turned out to be poorly pigmented, and took more than a few swipes to achieve desired color. The others were decent. Nothing to write home about, though. Just decent. I don't find myself reaching for these that often. I've worn all of them at least twice, and I find I still have to apply a balm underneath, because these are somewhat drying.

In that respect, I don't see how these are reputable DUPES for the Clinique Butter Shines. Ok, I have some beef with Revlon now, because of these. Where to even start? First off, you get significantly less product with these: .05 oz less than you would with the Clinique Butters, to be exact. The Revlon is .09 oz, and the Clinique is .14 oz. And these are only less than half the price of Clinique?! Yep, they're not even HALF the price. Revlon: $7.49 USD, Clinique: $14 USD. What's going on, drugstore brands? Turning money-hungry, much? Now you're jipping us the amount of product we get, and we're paying for the packaging now? Hmm, I thought it was only high-end brands that did that. I put the price point at 4/5, because I just think it's insane for a drugstore brand to charge us $7.49 for a lip product that when first opened, it looks like half the lipstick is already used. At least, that's what I thought.
What's more, these are lip butters, not lipsticks. These don't have the coverage or opacity of a lipstick. Thus all the more reason why I don't understand the high price of these. When you think about it, it's practically at a department store price, because if these lip butters had the same amount of product in them as the Clinique Butters, they would end up being at around the same price, maybe a couple dollars less. I just can't justify buying another one of these, when I just know I'll get better quality elsewhere, and possibly cheaper. The whole point of this, is that I just don't see these as much of a bargain, and the quality is mediocre to good, at best. Also, the amount of product you get, isn't even close to being justifiable to the price you pay. And, for these lip butters having such a soft texture, you're more than likely to use these up quicker than you would with any other lip product. The sad thing is, I can't believe I'm saying all this about a drugstore product. In the long run, I think I'm better off getting Clinique! Major thumbs down on your tricky little marketing scheme, Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not own 6 of these becaise its the best product ever. I own them because I love the colors. The consistensy is nice, usually sheer and more moisturizing than their namesake lipstick, but not super moisturizing by any means. Some of the colors last longer than others. No smell or taste which is a bonus. Now, the colors..
Fig jam, a nice brownish plummy sheer beauty. I like the color better than ciniques black honey.
Pink truffle, the natural pink in my lips shines through making is a nice mlbb, but if you have pale lips, it may be too brown. Beautiful color though, so simple...
tutti frutti this one surprised me by being my favorite. Sheer bright pink with a hint of coral but less orange than it looks. Just enough color to brighten things up.
Red velvet, the longest lasting because it leaves a nice reddish magentaish stain. Pretty for a red but still too dark for me.
Strawberry shortcake, like another said, seems to sit on my lips. A tad too pale for me.
Lollipop, nice berry burst, leaves a beautiful stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these lip butters from Revlon. I have all the shades that are in the pinky/rosy color tone. These go on smooth and glossy and have pretty good staying power. I bought most of mine at CVS for buy one get one half off. CVS has them priced at almost $10.00 each which is really high for drugstore. I'm not sure how much they are at Target or Wal Mart.

I would buy again but only on sale. Why is drugstore makeup getting so pricey? Revlon and L'Oreal are ridiculously expensive in chains like CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally found ONE of these left at my local Rite Aid-Peach Parfait a true coral with chunks of gold glitter that gets gritty after the balm effect wears off. Not scented, sticky, tasteful or oily; leaves a glossy shine to the lips. Won't repurchase this color but want to try others. Check out Emily Noel's review on yt for swatches:

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Yes, these are super moisturizing and buttery smooth. Yes, these are pigmented. But there's barely any product in the tube! I went through a tube (cotton candy) in 2 weeks! I'll buy this again, but only when there's a great sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this product in Cotton Candy. It looks Barbie pink in the tube, but once you get it on, it's a very natural pink with golden shimmer/sparkle. It looks as though it will only suit cool tones, but it looks very warm and nice on my warm, fair olive skin. It's very close to Revlon's "Petal" but more pink than peachy. It smells faintly of vanilla and tastes good. It's moisturizing and glides on smoothly. I plan to pick up the colors sugar plum and berry smoothie. I don't think I will repurchase Cotton Candy, not because I didn't like it or because the color was bad, but I already own a lot of colors similar to this. I did put that I would repurchase because I definitely plan to, just in different colors.