October 25, 2014 | 1538 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Finally found ONE of these left at my local Rite Aid-Peach Parfait a true coral with chunks of gold glitter that gets gritty after the balm effect wears off. Not scented, sticky, tasteful or oily; leaves a glossy shine to the lips. Won't repurchase this color but want to try others. Check out Emily Noel's review on yt for swatches:

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

Yes, these are super moisturizing and buttery smooth. Yes, these are pigmented. But there's barely any product in the tube! I went through a tube (cotton candy) in 2 weeks! I'll buy this again, but only when there's a great sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this product in Cotton Candy. It looks Barbie pink in the tube, but once you get it on, it's a very natural pink with golden shimmer/sparkle. It looks as though it will only suit cool tones, but it looks very warm and nice on my warm, fair olive skin. It's very close to Revlon's "Petal" but more pink than peachy. It smells faintly of vanilla and tastes good. It's moisturizing and glides on smoothly. I plan to pick up the colors sugar plum and berry smoothie. I don't think I will repurchase Cotton Candy, not because I didn't like it or because the color was bad, but I already own a lot of colors similar to this. I did put that I would repurchase because I definitely plan to, just in different colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Rioana1029

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can i start off by saying i hate the packaging? I find these tubes hard to open.The color i picked up was Pink Truffle. I'd had a look at these for probably two weeks before i decided to purchase one. Pink truffle (on my lips) is a neutral browned pink. A slight bit darker than your typical my lips but better color. These feel nice on the lips and are shiny enough to skip on gloss.
I was originally going to pick up Sugar Plum because i have an obsession with plum blushes and lips for fall but the color resembled my MAC lipstick in Plumful so i skipped out on it.
I might go back and pick one more up later on for fall but the colors of the lines scream more Spring and Summer shades. So i'll definately look back at them then.

for color reference i'm a shade lighter than nc 15 and wear mineralize skinfinish natural in Light.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I can't say how many times I recently walked into Rite-Aid and looked at these on display...each one of the many shades with yummy sweet names... walked around the store a little while...THEN tossed them back at the check out. Today I jumped on the band wagon and purchased "Sweet Tart" from the limited colors left now at CVS (my Rite-Aid sold out). And how many other ladies can relate to this... as soon as I got into the car I had to open that baby and test it out! But... ehhh. Oh it's a pretty enough shade of pink... mid toned and rather neutral/cool. Lip Butters...yeah whatever... honestly this is nothing more than creamy lipstick in a "catchy" presentation. Not bad but not exactly new or amazing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, the hype on this is past ridiculous, I don't understand it at all. Yeah, they are in cutsie tubes (for what they cost this tube should be not be cutsie colored plastic), yeah, they are pigmented, at least the one I have.

However, these are not really lip butters, they are more of a sheer lipstick. I'm not saying that is bad, actually, for me that is a plus. Sheer lipstick in a darker color is easier to wear. Selection in a creme is quite limited, maybe 5 in all.

Will not rebuy.

Pros:
No smell or taste
Sheer
Texture more of a lipstick

Cons:
Ridiculous high price
Childish colored plastic case
Way too many light, frosty, cool colors that I can't wear
Not a butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are fabulous. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters behave simultaneously like a lip balm and a lipstick. It's unlike most tinted balms I've tried; sheer coverage that's often spotty. This is a buildable coverage lipstick that feels smooth and glossy and emmollient, not sticky at all. They smell mildly sweet, like marshmallows, but it's not an overwhelming, strong scent. They don't last forever on the lips, but they feel so good that I don't mind reapplying.

I have
Creme Brulee: Neutral nude. I thought it might be too warm for me, but it really is neutral. Not too pale. Not beige.
Peach Parfait: Peachy coral. Very shiny, with gold glitter. It doesn't feel gritty to me and it's not super, super obvious but if you're sensitive to bling, beware.
Strawberry Shortcake: Neutral pink. On the brighter side, but it's pretty sheer. Creme.
Gumdrop: Lavender, but not overwhelmingly so because it is so buildable and you can start off sheer. Creme.
Cotton Candy: Cool pale pink. Shimmer.
Cupcake: Not quite as cool, still pale pink. Subtle shimmer.
Pink Truffle: More brown than pink to my eye. Very nice and versatile.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by prettyaud

I am totally in love with this! I've never been one to wear lip products but recently they've been my obsession, and this is definitely my favorite! I had wanted to try this and I just happened to find it at Target one day when i had some extra cash so I jumped on this. I got Lollipop because I've been liking very pigmented colors and this is definitely a very pigmented hot pink with subtle sparkles. Its extremely moisturizing so it lasts about an hour for me but it fades to a nice stain so i'll apply this one hour and the next hour i'll go ever it with my eos and an hour later i'll reapply the lip butter. I have a bad habit of rubbing my lips together which i'm trying to break and i found that when i do that it leaves a ring around my lips but that's my own fault. I'm looking forward to trying different shades because i want to wear this everyday i love it so much but i don't want to become the girl who wears bright pink lipstick everyday XD. I have a feeling I'll be disappointed with other drugstore lipsticks after trying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CherylDavid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product. They are very moisturizing lip colors with a nice sheen. Definitely not over hyped. Perfect texture, not dry, yet not at all goopy. The shimmery colors are not at all grainy all very smooth. I'm completely sold on these. They are NOT tinted lip balms if that is what you are expecting. The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging, but it does make it easy to find the shade.
I bought a few different colors and I'm going to list them from from most favorite to least. I'm NW15 with Dark Auburn hair and Green eyes.
Fig Jam-beautiful reddish brown, very flattering. Reminds me of Black Honey.
Sugar Plum- sheer plum with a nice sheen.
Cherry Tart-sheer blue based red, a very wearable popsicle red. Gives a great healthy look.
Red Velvet-very wearable dark red.
Berry Smoothie-pretty sheer mauve-pink.
Peach Parfait-pretty light peach with shimmer that is not too glittery and not at all grainy.
Pink Truffle-nothing original or exciting to me. This has been described so many times already, but here goes... it is a great neutral pink brown....I think I would love it more if I didn't already own a few colors like this.
Strawberry Shortcake-This is very pigmented on me. Looks like a milky bubblegum pink
Cotton Candy-your basic warmish sheer pink with gold shimmer...again nothing original/exciting, but a good basic.
Lollipop-Creamy hot pink on the cool side....too bright for what I'm used to actually.
Candy Apple-pretty red, but a bit too orange on me, may put it away until the summer.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Evvyness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like these and I deff think they are moisturizing for my dry lips. I have two colors and berry smoothie is a great everyday color and is my MLBB color! :) They are a little more on the expensive side for drugstore lip products but look out for sales and coupons!