September 30, 2014 | 1931 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ajblondie

I have searched for many years to find a foundation that I love as much as this one, I have combination skin which is a nightmare as my skin seems to absorb foundations within my t zone, not so with this product, it stays put all day which is suprising considering it is a light to medium coverage.
The packaging is a bit cheap looking which is unusual for Chanel but at least you can take this plastic little bottle anywhere with you and not worry about breaking it.
I will be buying this again once it has run out and I have recommended it to all my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by fvger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have worn this foundation for a week or so and despite the hype it left me underwhelmed. While the colour match of B20 is initially OK (me=Becca Nude, Dior Nude 021, Nars Fiji), this product oxidises to a not very flattering darker shade within 3-4 hours of wear on my combo but not super-oily skin. It hides pores well and has a natural sheen to it, but provides little or no coverage. Since I don't see a major difference with and without there is not much to recommend about this foundation. It might work for someone under 25 with perfect, normal skin...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Mina1511

THIS IS AMAZING STUFF !!!
Still in testing process but already convinced...
It applies like a dream, silky, smooth, no streaks at all. The feeling right after application is unbelievably great. It feels really moisturizing & healthy. The finish is so fantastic, it is dewy & healthy but never too shiny or oily- just perfect if you´re looking for that certain glow from within...
I´ve got combination skin with an oily t-zone & normal to dryer skin and I only had to powder once a day! Perfect!
The bottle doesn ´t look as luxurious as glass bottles,but I don´t think that this should matter when you buy a foundation. Yes, it´s on the pricey side, but it´s Chanel & the results you get with this product are worth every penny!!!
Highly recommended!!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nikanika16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have one word to describe my reaction to this product, flabergasted.
I honestly dont know how else to describe my reaction this porduct, it is absolutely amazing. I have dry flakey skin that is slightly oily in the T zone and I found this product to work wonderfully with both these. The foundation miraculusly covered my dry spots WITHOUT flaking unlike other foundations and concelers I've used. It also stayed on very well in my T zone, only rubing off slightly at the 7 hour mark which is very good. It also gave my skin a slight glow wich I absolutely love. Overal I would definatly recomend this to those who have dry skin and i will DEFINATELY be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by charissez

like the previous reviewer, i first got a sample of this in the UK glamour magazine. i rarely use foundation as i find my t-zone gets oily quickly and causes any foundation to streak. the ones that mattify and really stay put on my nose always dry my cheeks out. so i have always been in search of a light foundation. when i saw this, i was excited and couldnt wait to try it. the shade provided was beige, and it was 1/2shades too light for me. nonetheless, i used a stippling brush to put on a small amount and it didnt look too "off". it is very easy to spread and sets fairly quickly. love the silkiness of it during application. blends very very easily due to the thin consistency. i put on a thin layer of powder over it to set it and i was good to go. the foundation lasted the whole day, and gave me a very even, glowly complexion. i love it and i love the way it feels and looks. went out to get the full size in sable the next day. i think i have found my go-to HG light coverage foundation. GO CHANEL!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Sourlemonzest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in B20 from the February issue of the British magazine: Glamour, which I got last month. I quickly ripped it out in the excitement of being able to try a Chanel foundation not expecting to really like it as a much as I did.
This foundation looked like real skin; so often have I seen attempts to pass off dewy/satiny foundations as skin-like – let’s be real here, how many people have naturally (non-greasy) dewy complexions? This was the real deal; just shy of matte but with a lovely glow. The finish it gave off was indiscernible from my own skin (the patches that were in better condition at least!) Despite not being a traditional matte, the foundation lasts pretty well throughout my working day (around 8 hours - my working day that is), but I find that for my skin type, setting with oil/blotting every few hours is still required so that my skin doesn't get oily (this is an issue with my skin rather than the foundation). I would be interested to see how it fares on a hot and humid summer day.
I apply this foundation with clean hands – I prefer this method because it really allows me to blend the foundation into my skin. The foundation gives a light to medium buildable coverage, I’m currently dealing with the aftermath of my most recent hormonal breakout and this foundation (and dabbing on a little concealer) hides everything I need to hide. The foundation is a brilliant base for the rest of my makeup…I feel like everything else just blends beautifully into my foundation. As a current NC25, the B20 matches pretty well, as does the B30 shade which is slightly warmer – which would be more versatile for the use in the summer.
I have seen a few people trying to compare this to the Mac Face and Body foundation. In brief, I can see what they mean but to me they are two different animals. Chanel VA is less runny and slightly creamier, provides slightly more coverage and has a more satin-matte finish whereas the Face and Body, when unpowdered, is most accurately described as dewy.
As an added bonus, this is my daytime foundation so I really appreciate the SPF15 for when I’m feeling lazy about putting sunscreen on!
Overall I really rate this foundation but it is very pricey so I would definitely recommend anyone considering this to request a sample from their local counter before they buy!

EDIT: B20 is my closest match, B30 looks noticeably dark in harsh sunlight (although acceptable otherwise)
Also this product is fragranced so definitely sample first if you have particularly sensitive skin - my sensitive skin seems to be ok with it but I can't speak for everyone.

UPDATE one month on: I 've tried wearing this for 12 hours and it looks wonderful - I've even worn this without blotting and aside from a little shine, the foundation itself looks fresh. I've also been getting compliments on how much better I look - only to surprise people by saying that I'm wearing foundation; they didn't seem to think I was wearing anyway. I'm especially impressed because I am in the midst of a bad hormonal outbreak (yes time of the month again) and this along with studio finish concealer has gained me more compliments than when I wasn't breaking out.
This foundation doesn't break my skin out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for 4 days. I found the colour nice (NC25, B20) but the foundation has very little coverage (not a problem for me) and more importantly it's very flat....no glow, nothing. I wouldn't buy a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mimi1806

I love this foundation. Im normally NC30 skin and I bought #40, which is less yellow than MAC foundations and matchs my skin perfectly (it tones down my yellowish Asian skin tone which I love). I've tried a lot and this is by far one of my faves (others are MUFE #123 and Chanel Matte Compact #20). Very easy to blend, sheer and natural. Coverage is much better than Chanel Vitalumiere. Dont mind for the price because it will last at least 6 months. The packaging is not very convenient its hard to get the right amount but for me its still good cause I prefer it than the glass bottle) I've not tried Guerlain Lingerie, but I think Im pleased with it right now and no need to try another one anymore. Really recommend it. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by AgentM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and very oily in t-zone and have problems with foundations staying on. Many "lift" off on my oily areas and even Estee Lauder Double Wear & Double Wear Light lift off around my oily areas (chin, forehead, around nose) even when set with loose powder using a powder puff and the press and roll method. Dusting loose powder on doesn't set foundation especially if you have oily skin. I bought this in B20 - Tendre and it matches my light yellow based Oriental skin colour. It is smooth and creamy to the touch and sprends/blends very easy like a moisturiser. It meshes with skin and becomes "one" with skin so it looks like a "second skin". The finish is like skin i.e. semi-matt. It is not matt nor dewy but looks like the finish of natural skin with a slight sheen. Under a spot light there are small minute mica particles that give the sheen but you have to look very close and with a harsh light. Unlike Double Wear light which has bigger mica particles and sparkles too much for me. Coverage can be sheer-light with one layer and built up to light-medium with another layer but not more than that otherwise you use a lot of foundation and at £31 in the UK you don't want to use too much of this product. I find using fingers to blend it in is the best as it meshes with skin so much better and IMO for my oily skin - fingers makes the foundation last longer. I find using a foundation brush cause foundation to lift off on my oily areas as you don't press the foundation into the skin. I set this powder with Chanel loose powder using a puff and press and roll method. Had this on for 8 hours today and so far no lifting and it stays relatively semi-matt. Blotted and dusted Chanel pressed powder over my T-zone once but I have to do this as I have very oily T-zone and even Double Wear doesn't keep me matt. Overall impressed and it looks like skin and would buy again. Don't expect mega coverage as it is ultra light. Foundation is there to even out tone and minor imperfections, Use a good concealer and spot conceal if you have problem areas. I use Double wear foundation and a Laura Mercier concealer brush and spot conceal any marks or blemishes as it gives me the coverage and stays put for 15 hours and as it comes in lots of shades rather than 3 shades in Double Wear concealer - I get the perfect match. BTW as this has Titanium Dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredient and it is high up on the ingredient list, I tested this with flash photography and it does cause the white flash back, so don't use this if you know you will have flash photography. I tested it again with no flash photography and it looks like real skin. So if I am going to be somewhere with flash photography I will wear my Nars Sheer Glow as that has no flash back and photos like real skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After having used a sample when this foundation first came out and not liking it at all, I decided to give it another go. Based on the rave reviews for this product and the thumbs up of uber make up artist Lisa Eldridge I went to the Chanel counter, got matched to B10 (I am NC15/20) and ... wow!! After 8 hours the foundation has not moved at all.

However, the amount of alcohol is astonishing: it is the 5th ingredient in thi product. I have dry skin and I am wary of the drying effects. I put it on with my fingers after having shaken it very well. It looks natural, gives an even finish and the colour is not too yellow like to original Vitalumiere. The packaging is handy for travelling and I like it has SPF 15. It has a scent that can be overpowering and lasts for ages (I really cannot stand it). I think it is an average foundation as in the end I am buying alcohol with tons of parfume to mask its smell. Would not repurchase. Nars Sheer glow is much better IMO.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No