Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 4/7/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I gave this baby a full week's test drive thanks to generous SAs that loaded me up with samples (I mentioned I used to LOVE TI, but that it now doesn't work on my dry skin, so they were really nice about giving me samples before buying).

I am very very dry, with flaky patches between my brows and on my cheeks. I control this for the most part with argan oil but I still have issues with foundation not sitting right on my skin. My HG is MUFE F&B #20, and I am NC20.

I received samples in both B10 and B20. I think B20 is the better match, although a mix of both would probably work best for me, and even so it is pretty beige and not so much yellow. It is a close enough match for me that I wore it out in public all week, topped with MAC Careblend in Light Plus.

Price: Ugh. But it's Chanel, and for a Chanel foundation it's actually not bad at $45. And it's full 1oz size...my MUFE F&B is $38, so again, not bad.

Packaging: Feels a little cheap for Chanel, but I do like it. The squeeze bottle is easy to use and control, I actually prefer it to the pump on my F&B. The TI glass bottle felt more luxurious but really, who cares?

Product: I would compare this with what I WANTED NARS Sheer Glow to be. SG was a crappy, patchy flaky mess on me. The Vitalumiere Aqua was incredibly lightweight on (even with a couple extra passes over my nose and cheeks to hide redness), it didn't feel like anything on the skin. It looked like my skin, only perfected. It is not, however, a dewy finish like F&B. I would describe it as natural/satin...glowy without being shiny. I put one light layer all over, which evened out my skin. Then I dabbed two more thin layers over my nose and cheeks. No difference in the finish, except that the redness was gone. With some foundations it would start to get cakey, but not with VA. So you can definitely build this from sheer to medium without a problem.

The best part - this stuff wore like freaking iron all day. I work in a physician's office, running around all day and generally sweating. At 10pm, my makeup still looked perfect! And no primer!

I'm not *quite* ready to give up my F&B for this...but when I run out I will definitely reevaluate and see if that opinion changes when the time comes. continued >>

on 4/6/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, I really like this foundation. It's sheer coverage, and more like a tinted moisturizer, Personally, I prefer a tinted moisturizer to a foundation anyway because I have nice skin already. It gives that dewy look that I love and is very fairly priced for chanel! It was $45, which isn't bad at all compared to $55 for vitalumiere and prolumiere. I normally expect luxurious packaging, and this is where it falls short. However, I do love the squirt bottle, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Edit: I broke out from this product. My friends also have issues with breakouts with Chanel foundations. What a shame.

on 4/5/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! I have battled really bad skin for years now, and I have always been too scared to wear foundation, as I don't want my skin to breakout. But this foundation has never broke me out, and I have been using it for 6 weeks now! Which I am amazed by! :)
Also it is a perfect colour match for my fair skin tone (Beige-Tendre)
I really am in love with this foundation! Really is light and smells very fresh! It doesn't clog your pores, but it is quite medium coverage. Which is great as I don't like the 'obviously-wearing-foundation' look.
I would definitely recommend this foundation to anyone, especially coming into the summer, where a lighter foundation is more practical!
5* stars from me! :)

on 4/4/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this foundation a lot, a little goes a long way. I have medium/fair nordic skin, and the B30 was a really good match for my skin.

I use a little amount of it, and the smell is suuuperyum! Love the fresh fruity flower smell. I´m not looking for anything full coverage at all, I want my skin to show through, and I just want to eaven it out. And this does that! It sits really nicely on my skin, I find the consistency really nice and fluid, the Vitalumiere can sometimes be too heavy for me.

It´s buildable to a medium coverage, but you can also get very light coverage with it, couse it blends out really nicely.

Only negative thing about it is that it does squeeze a lot of product out and can spill a little, if you aren´t careful.

Overall, really good foundation, it makes my skin look dewy, healthy, radiant and just beautiful. And no one can tell you are wearing it. Absolutely LOVE!

on 4/4/2011 2:54:00 PM

Love this foundation, is really light but you can build up almost full coverage. I use a tiny amount to cover all my face, just to even out my color, I'm not looking for full coverage. I bought B40, it's a perfect match for my skin, I'm a C35 (mac) and Buff (fluid treatment La Mer). I use La Mer all year long, but on summer it tends to fel kind of heavy, so I'm going to use this chanel foundation for everyday use and La Mer for special occasions. So far so good, it has a smell though,it's strong, but I like it, and it feels awesome in your skin, like you're wearing nothing.I totally recommend it, it's worth the price tag :)

on 4/4/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product did not do it for me.
I have a yellow undertone, so, that said, my skin looked whiter than usual..
also, i have dry skin, and it wasn't moisturizing enough..
overall was not very pleased.

on 4/4/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amaazing! Very natural looking and light with a light to medium coverage. I can't stop using it every day now, it gives you a really healthy looking glow.

This gave a nice powder good coverage finish. I would have liked if there was more yellow in this foundation. but chanel isn't exactly geared to Asian or yellow skin tones. I am neutral but I think this had more pink in it. You could tell I was wearing make up but I looked nice, just a little pale. I would wear this going out but not for everyday because it isn't my personality too look so done up. I like looking natural and radiant. I didn't get too oily in this too, but I felt a little dull in this foundation. My friend who is a shade lighter is in love with it though, so its really your make up philosophy that makes or breaks the product.

on 4/3/2011 11:19:00 AM

I've tried almost everything from drugstore brands to brand names & I'm not saying (yet) that this is the best one. The main reason I purchased this is I want to wear a sort of lighter & go for a more natural look. With the shade that I got (B40), it still looks that I have makeup on (of course) but with the smooth & dewy finish & medium coverage. The reason why I gave it a 3 is because like any other foundation, with my Asian/combo (normal/oily skin), I get the shiny/oily look in a just a few hours. I'm not ready to give up (yet) on this one, I may try to MUFE HD powder with it & see if it will look better after a few hours. One more thing, don't squeeze the container so much, you don't need to do that unless you want a mess & waste a lot of product. I will update this review in a week or two, by then I should know how I really feel about it.
UPDATE: IMHO, it's not any better that TM's I've tried.

First of all I bought vitalumiere aqua because on the beautiful lads of pixiwoo it looked dewy on nic so I was like "oh gosh I have to buy it" because of the fact that I like a dewy finish so I went to my nearby Chanel counter the lady color matched me perfectly but for some reason the vitalumiere aqua looked semi matte which I didn't like but I thought to myself maybe it's the powder she last used. So... I used it the following day as well as the next and I noticed it still gave me a semi matte finish. I have combination skin my everything is normal to dry except my nose, my nose can get somewhat oily it's nothing major at all. I just expected the same results pixiwoo got but oh well I'm going to continue using it because it feels like nothings there I just wish it'd be a dewy finish on me.