August 29, 2014 | 1708 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by AgentM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and very oily in t-zone and have problems with foundations staying on. Many "lift" off on my oily areas and even Estee Lauder Double Wear & Double Wear Light lift off around my oily areas (chin, forehead, around nose) even when set with loose powder using a powder puff and the press and roll method. Dusting loose powder on doesn't set foundation especially if you have oily skin. I bought this in B20 - Tendre and it matches my light yellow based Oriental skin colour. It is smooth and creamy to the touch and sprends/blends very easy like a moisturiser. It meshes with skin and becomes "one" with skin so it looks like a "second skin". The finish is like skin i.e. semi-matt. It is not matt nor dewy but looks like the finish of natural skin with a slight sheen. Under a spot light there are small minute mica particles that give the sheen but you have to look very close and with a harsh light. Unlike Double Wear light which has bigger mica particles and sparkles too much for me. Coverage can be sheer-light with one layer and built up to light-medium with another layer but not more than that otherwise you use a lot of foundation and at £31 in the UK you don't want to use too much of this product. I find using fingers to blend it in is the best as it meshes with skin so much better and IMO for my oily skin - fingers makes the foundation last longer. I find using a foundation brush cause foundation to lift off on my oily areas as you don't press the foundation into the skin. I set this powder with Chanel loose powder using a puff and press and roll method. Had this on for 8 hours today and so far no lifting and it stays relatively semi-matt. Blotted and dusted Chanel pressed powder over my T-zone once but I have to do this as I have very oily T-zone and even Double Wear doesn't keep me matt. Overall impressed and it looks like skin and would buy again. Don't expect mega coverage as it is ultra light. Foundation is there to even out tone and minor imperfections, Use a good concealer and spot conceal if you have problem areas. I use Double wear foundation and a Laura Mercier concealer brush and spot conceal any marks or blemishes as it gives me the coverage and stays put for 15 hours and as it comes in lots of shades rather than 3 shades in Double Wear concealer - I get the perfect match. BTW as this has Titanium Dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredient and it is high up on the ingredient list, I tested this with flash photography and it does cause the white flash back, so don't use this if you know you will have flash photography. I tested it again with no flash photography and it looks like real skin. So if I am going to be somewhere with flash photography I will wear my Nars Sheer Glow as that has no flash back and photos like real skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After having used a sample when this foundation first came out and not liking it at all, I decided to give it another go. Based on the rave reviews for this product and the thumbs up of uber make up artist Lisa Eldridge I went to the Chanel counter, got matched to B10 (I am NC15/20) and ... wow!! After 8 hours the foundation has not moved at all.

However, the amount of alcohol is astonishing: it is the 5th ingredient in thi product. I have dry skin and I am wary of the drying effects. I put it on with my fingers after having shaken it very well. It looks natural, gives an even finish and the colour is not too yellow like to original Vitalumiere. The packaging is handy for travelling and I like it has SPF 15. It has a scent that can be overpowering and lasts for ages (I really cannot stand it). I think it is an average foundation as in the end I am buying alcohol with tons of parfume to mask its smell. Would not repurchase. Nars Sheer glow is much better IMO.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by changelyng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some unknown reason Chanel does not release the lighter shades of their foundations in Australia (we're not all bronzed amazons here) so I was ecstatic to discover that the Vitalumiere Aqua was available here in lighter shades (I am normally an NW15 in MAC and bought a Beige Rose in Vitalumiere Aqua).

I have dry skin and am currently using this in the Australian Summer. The results of my experience with this foundation so far:

Pros:
* doesn't feel cakey,
* no flakiness on my dry skin (unheard of),
* skin feels soft and silky to the touch,
* coverage is excellent for Summer (I need concealer but that's to be expected),
* looks very natural with a very subtle sheen on my skin
* packaging is functional and portable
* colour range available is great (for pale people like me)
* can apply with foundation brush of fingers if necessary

Cons:
* can't see how much is left in the bottle

Overall, this is a great light weight foundation that looks and feels natural and works well on dry skin.

***Edit***
After 3 months of using this foundation, I can say I truly love it. At the moment, I'm cycling between this and MAC Face and Body, depending on how much coverage I want. If I'm going out and I want extra coverage sometimes I mix my Illamasqua Rich Liquid with my Vitalumiere Aqua and it works really well. I've got to say that I'm really pleased with this. My boyfriend keeps telling me how great my skin is looking. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on my insanely dry Winter skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by xomiu

Price:
I got it for about $60, & it's only 30ml... but hey, it's Chanel, it's going to be expensive. So I try not to use too much, which is fine, since in the summer you don't need to.

Packaging:
The foundation itself comes in a plastic bottle which although is a little cheap looking, is better since it doesn't break. The ... opening? of the bottle, is a bit hard to control how much you want to come out, so be careful. But it's not too bad, & hygienic.

The foundation:
SHAKE REALLY WELL, otherwise it comes out part goopy, part watery. But when you do... the foundation, when applied, is really, really nice. It feels like you're not wearing ANY foundation at all, & doesn't clog. Your skin feels naturally nice, without being oily or dry.

When set with powder, the finish is really beautiful, glowing & natural - like you're not wearing foundation at all! But although the foundation covers minor imperfections with redness & enlarged pores, you will need to use a concealer for scars/pimples

The colour is great - I'm a fair yellow-toned Asian and B10 works perfectly! Doesn't oxidise either, or break me out - I'm pretty sensitive to a lot of products, but this is great. You can remove it with water or makeup remover pretty easily too.

Lasting power is okay, you'll need to touch up with powder during the course of the day.

Overall, I really love this foundation - just a shame it's SO pricy for the little amount you get! I would repurchase though, just because it's the best thing I've used. Ever.

xo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by MargaritaLo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying a lot of liquid foundation, from nars, makeup forever, revlon...etc... I finally found my HG! I love this.. It's so lightweight. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Ceciliakh

Amazing stuff. This is my HG liquid foundation, after trying a lot of different liquid foundations - and I have tried them all.
It is very lightweight and has a perfect shade for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

1) Though this is a sheerer formulation, this foundation has amazing coverage. I use my fingers to lay down the first layer, and a foundation brush to build it up. However, I find that fingers is more than enough my skin, including coverage of problematic areas such as around my nose/lips and any scars from zits
2) I have combination skin that gets incredibly oily on the cheeks and t-zone area. This foundation does well to hold off my oil production - I'd say 3 hours before I have to start blotting which may seem like a short while, but hey, I've tried foundations that have encouraged oil production.
3) This foundation does not block my pores and is very easy to cleanse with a routine of make-up wipes and liquid cleanser.

I highly recommend this!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:52:00 AM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This does have a very nice, natural finish and I consider the coverage a step up from a tinted moisturizer. What dissapointed me about this foundation though, was that it didn't last on my oily t-zone and made it shiny. I have combination skin and by 3/4 of the day, the redness on and around my nose is obvious, even when applied with concealer and powder on top. Lasting power is one my top criteria for a foundation, so unfortunately this failed. I would recommend it for people with normal-dry skin who wants light natural coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

this is my HG liquid foundation,after trying a lot of different liquid foundation...very lightweight and has a perfect shade for me...sheer coverage that can be build up to medium, enough coveraqe for daily wear plus it has spf in it...the most important part is its water based and leaves my skin non greasy...i just dust chanel natural finish loose powder on top and face make up is done...will never allow myself to ran out of this product so im getting a back up just in case they DC like TI...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by joucygal

when i was given a sample and tried this Chanel Aqua Vitalumiere (AV)... i was astounded. it was ssssooooooooo wonderful to apply and the finishing was ssssoooo naturally perfect, i went out and got a bottle that very day!!! i have NEVER applied any liquid foundation like Chanel's AV before. for the record, i've used Dior Nude, Estee's Double-Wear Light, Lancome's Teint Miracle, Chanel's Vitalumiere. just make sure you shake super vigorously (haha) and then when u pour out and dab some on your face, u need only to lightly tap it and it just blends, melts and merges into your skin, like it was part of your skin!!!!!! it's just surreal. the coverage is sheer and natural, like no foundation at all (if u find the perfect color that is). my only qualm is it's a tad too satiny (i.e. shiny) for me, as i have combo skin, and the sheen shows. reminds me of its pre-decessor, Vitalumiere (which is also heavenly to apply and in terms of effect, but waaayyy too oily for me). i'm also not a fan of the plastic squeezy bottle, looks a bit cheap compared to all other Chanel foundation packaging (good for travel tho'!!!). pity. its application process feels like a dream (no harder than applying Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair, yups, it's THAT easy) and the finish is flawlessly natural. if u don't mind a satiny finish, then this is the one for u (esp if u have dry/normal skin). THAT SAID, because it's sssooooooooo easy to apply and like a 2nd skin when on (bar the shine), i will definitely repurchase. am a MAC NC25-30/EL DWL 01/Dior Nude 020/Lancome Teint Miracle PO-03, and i use B020 for AV. there are 3x 020 shades, Beige, Beige Ochre (BO) and Beige Rose (BR)), just make sure you get the correct shade (and there are plenty to choose from). RM156 for 30ml is ok, but not cheap either. one last word: SHAKE SUPER WELL before use and you will LOVE it. if not for the satin finish, this would have surpassed Dior' Nude's for HG status :) but it's a very close 2nd HG. will buy and buy and buy again :) if you're a non-liquid-foundation girl like me, this is THE one for u. even a 1st-timer would be able to apply it flawlessly. don't think, just go get one. no regrets. u'll want more...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No