August 27, 2014 | 1718 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kamcalist

OMG! I LOVE THIS! I TRIED ESTEE LAUDER DW and it look horrid after a few hours, i looked all cakey no matter how lightly i applied it, well on a whim walking through dillards i HAD to stop by MAC and of course saw something new and the MUA did my makeup and i fell in love, she applied it light and it looked amazing, then she applied heavy and it still looked amazing and covered EVERYTHING! AHHH I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU MAC! thank you for my hg foundation, i just hope they dont stop making this! IF you are unsure about it, trust me you wont regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by bdodds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have definately found my HG. This foundation is fantastic! After using the Napoleon foundation stick and the MAC Studio Stick my young skin really began to suffer and my uneven skin tone and blemishes became painful and difficult to hide.
And along came Pro Longwear. The MUA at MAC was amazing and didn't mind the fact that I was reluctant to purchase straight after she applied it, purely because I wanted to see if it really would last. I was also worried about how my skin would react.
Needless to say I returned the a few days later to purchase the Longwear foundation and concealer and I am in love. It makes my skin appear naturally flawless, without feeling heavy and creating more problems. MAC have really outdone themselves!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best from Mac so far..but!. Im one of those that fall between NC50 and NC45. I cannot justify buying 2 bottles just because. And I hate mixing, plus I have a ton of foundations. I will leave my mixed samples to use for travelling or the heat of summer. Boo
Update: I looked grey when I mixed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by suzyqstar87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG foundation. I have looked EVERYWHERE. High to low end for a foundation...I have oily skin but sometimes dry patches and am VERY acne prone so I never thought I could use a MAC foundation. This is perfect! Even when it gets oily it doesn't look like a mess and like someone else mentioned, once you get into a cool room it goes back to looking fresh despite you sweating before in hot weather...the pump is nice too. Just remember to apply quickly as it dries quickly. Not sure how it would work on dry skin though as it feels a LITTLE drying, but I'm oily so that's a plus. I'm very pale with a slight yellow tone and NC15 is a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by PinkPeonies11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best foundation I've used thus far. I've been using EL Doublewear which felt like a mask to me. I'd stray from it and try other high and low end brands but felt they didn't give me enough coverage so I thought if I wanted coverage I had to wear a mask that settled into fine lines by mid day. On a whim I tried MAC Pro Longwear and am stunned at how great my skin looks. I can't stop looking at my reflection in the mirror! It is flawless but looks totally natural. No more oily t-zone either. I'll blot or powder at mid day and at 6:00 pm I look as fresh as I did at 6:00 am which is a miracle for me. I'm totally sold. Well done, MAC!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

My dear MAC, you did it again. I waited for MAC to come out with a foundation like this forever. To give you a background, I have tried all of MAC foundations. You can see my reviews on basically most of the MAC foundations. I like Estee Lauder Doublewear but it looks hideous in the pics. I look like a ghost although I wear Tawny in ELDW. Also, the shades are off in ELDW. I liked Revlon CS because it stayed on but hated the quality and what it left on my skin (ACNE!). The rest of the foundations from low end all the way to MUFE HD did not last on my skin either. I am super oily and this is a GOD SENT! First, it sticks to your face and it does not rub off or melt away. It looks extremely natural. My blush, powder and even eye makeup looks superb on this foundation. I am normally NC 30 but I was matched with NC35 that thanks God is not as yellow as NC30. I looked fab the whole day and without even blotting or powdering. And here is the greatest part, it did not irritate my skin and when I washed it off, my skin looked great and not dehydrated as what Revlon CS would leave behind. Great foundation and again, MAC, I love you!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation in in the counter, I have been matched to NC30 before (in studiofix) but always thought it was way to orange and dirty looking, plus it oxidized like crazy probably adding to the dirty look. I really hate StudioFix I can't wear it once without having completely clogged pores around my cheeks and cystic acne the next day. THIS time the lady matched me to NC25, I found that this shades really complimented my skin tone (lesson is trust your judgement over the MA's and just find another one that will hear you out). Well, unto the review:
I wore this for about 9 hrs and the finish was flawless even though I was peeling really badly from Retin-A, I mean I really had that airbrushed look even though the MA hardly worked it into the skin. I couldn't stop looking at my face I felt so beautiful and flawless, it would actually surprise me to look into the mirror, I kept thinking this is what a foundation SHOULD be. I usually get oily around my nose and cheeks and without powder this did not happen.
I am ordering this online and should receive it soon so I will update, if I experience breakouts or whatnot, although I REALLY hope I don't as this could be my HG.
EDIT: I am in LOVE! the staying power of this foundation is crazy, and it really makes my blush last the whole day. I'm still praying I don't break out **fingers crossed**
EDIT: after about 1 month of wearing every single day, I haven't had not one break out, which is miraculous. I love this formulation!
I use smashbox primer underneath, and I really love the result.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I ended up returning this fndtn today. I was on the fence about returning it as I so wanted to love it, but I have come to the realization that this fndtn is not better than my current HG ( EL DW). I was hoping this fndtn would be just as good, if not better than EL DW, as the color choices are much broader, as well as more yellow than EL DW. I am NC 30/35 for referrence.

I was told this fndtn runs a tad dark, so I was matched to NC30, which imo was a great match. It is very yellow based, perhaps a tad too "yellowy" for my skintone. I have light redness on my cheek area as well as my chin ( not rosacea), and after I applied this fndtn I noticed some of the red wasn't completely covered...it sorta shone through.

I have tried many diff application styles to see if perhaps I was not applying it with the correct tool to give me that flawless med/ full coverage look. I've tried the 168 ( which my MAC SA said that is the best brush to use w/ this fndtn), my Sephora #55 brush, as well as my BoE large fluffy fndtn brush, the results were always the same in the beginning ( nice looking flawless face), but towards the end of the day the results were the same ( patchy areas of pooled fndtn on my cheeks as well as non-existent fndtn around my nose / chin). I also used it without a primer as well as w/ a primer. Did I mention I have normal / dry skin? I do moisturize daily as well as exfoliate ( AHA junkie), but to no avail my end results were always the same...overly yellow looking skin w/ patches of pooled fndtn and redness showing around nose / chin. This was not long wearing for me as I had hoped it would be. I honestly think this fndtn is better suited for oily / combo skinned ppl.

Pros: comes in a hygenic pump bottle
didn't notice any fragrance ( for those sensitive to scents)
you can B2M the bottle when empty ( lol)
the price @ $30 isn't too steep for the amount you get compared
to other dept store m/u
leaves a semi-matte / semi- glowy finish

Cons: hard to blend ( gotta work fast as this sets faster than EL DW)
didn't wear all day for me and my normal / dry skin
found it to be a tad too yellow for my skintone ( NC 30/35)
felt a lil heavy on the skin, unlike my EL DW

I will not be purchasing this fndtn again, as like I said I returned mine...but if you oily, this just may be the one for you :) I'll stick to my EL DW.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! That's all I have to say about this foundation. Before, I wasn't too fond of MAC foundations because Studio Fix gave me little bumps around my jaw. However, I decided to give this a try. First of all, it does not make my sensitive skin break out which is always a good thing. Second, it really does stay on! I'm a senior in high school, I put my make up on at 6am and don't take it off until 9:30pm and I have gym class in the middle of the day as well. When I take my make up off the foundation looks pretty much the way it did when I first put it on. Oh, and wana hear something crazy? After gym class one day I decided to blot off the sweat from my face. Usually there's foundation that gets blotted off as well, but when I blotted my face off with this foundation only sweat came off... amazing! It also looks nice in photography, it gives me that flawless look. The finish is a natural finish - not dewy nor matte. I apply this foundation with either my Sigma F50 duo fibre brush or the MAC 188 brush. Both brushes make this foundation look great. Some people have said that it oxidized their skin, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. You just have to try it out for yourself - take a sample home and see how it works for YOUR skin because you may end up loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by katieqr0918

This is approaching HG status for a liquid foundation for me. I have been wearing for a week and it really is the only foundation that lasts on my oily/combo face all day long. Even EL Double Wear breaks down on my nose by lunch time... while this MAC does get shiny on my nose by lunch, it doesn't really break down... I always touch up with powder at lunch but with this foundation, I don't absolutely have to... but with other foundations, I have to. It can get a little cakey looking if I put too much on.... but one pump is more than enough to cover my entire face.

I have to use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to put it on... I tried a brush and it looked awful... but the Beauty Blender works perfect. It looks a little fake first applied but it dries down to a really nice finish.

As for color match... I bought the NW20 online. It's a decent match, a little too light, but it works. but I need to try to get to a MAC counter and be color matched... the closest MAC counter to me is about 2 hours away so it will be awhile before I do that.

All in all... unless things change as I continue to use this, this foundation has edged ahead of my other nearly HG liquid foundations, Bobbi Brown's new Natural Finish and Revlon Colorstay.

I highly recommend... If you have oily or combo skin, this could be the best foundation you ever use.