October 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by asoka

I used Cetaphil cream with great success for four years both at night and day under my makeup. Then for some reason, I decided it was time to start using moisturizers that touted anti-aging benefits. I have tried Olay, Ponds, Garnier, Avon, Clinique, and more than that I had been eyeballing even more expensive creams by Philosophy.

The dry skin on my face was getting out of control after moving to a colder climate. With the holidays coming up I thought it was best for me to just get an old favorite rather than waste more money on a gamble of a face cream. After one night of using Cetaphil my skin straightened out, no more dry uncomfortable areas, just smooth soft skin. I will even dare to say I look fresher and younger, it seems to plump out what little lines I do have. Now I know why I was loyal to this stuff for so long!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by DGentile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to MUA, I've found another great product. I've seen this moisturizer many times at the drugstore, but never thought to use it on my face (since it doesn't specifically say "facial moisturizer"). It leaves my face nice and soft, without a greasy shine. I also use it on my 2 year old daughter. I use the type that comes in a tube...I think it's more sanitary than sticking my fingers in a jar! Also, since it's so inexpensive I don't feel guilty using it all over the rest of my body, too. This isn't a miracle product, just a good, basic moisturizer at a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by jennina717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am oily sensitive, but now im on actonin which makes my face really dry. I used SK-II advance sign treatment and it made me burnt on cheeks and jaw lines. It became brown and scaly. I used Shiseido many moisturizers and All Day All year, it helped a little but after an hour it became dry again. I tried Cetaphil and my face is very moisted and soft and supple.

I will stop using it when I stop taking actonin and I would become oily again. Cetaphil should be too heavy for my oily face.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 8:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetnsoursuzy

This cream caused burning and stinging! I was looking for a thicker face cream for night time and since I LOVE the cleanser, I figured this would be great too. The reviews here sounded good too. The consistency was what I was looking for, but not that reaction! I guess it just depends on the individual, so be careful if you're thinking about trying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 6:59:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it really is hard to beat cetaphil if you have dry,sensitive skin.Considering the price,it really does work wonders.I find at night I need a bit of a heavier cream(really dry skin) but this is perfect for daytime wear....packaging is of course what you would expect from a cheaper product but it holds up pretty well.
I find it works really well for me,but my bf gave it a few tries and had a really bad breakout so it really depends on the individual I guess.
I tried to cetaphil lotion for a while and find I like using the cream without the matching cleanser a bit better...the cleanser can be drying.
All in all a great,cheap product that goes on smoothly and most importantly leaves your skin hydrated and non-irritated all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by amor_peace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have atopy, very sensitive and very dry skin. Therefore, I can't really use any products. After I searched what cream would be good for my skin, I found cetaphil which is dermatologist recommended & very good for sensitive skin. It is very soft and fragrance free. After my skin get flaky and break out, I put the cream and immediately the skin comes back to soft and slky. Also, the price is very affordable with lots of cream. I just love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD FO RMY OVERLY SENSITIVE, VERY DRY SKIN! I have used this product religiously, especially during the falls and winters for the past few years, and I always come back after I stray to try really expensive, yummy-smelling creams out there. I think I do it for the novelty of new packaging on my dresser, or maybe because I think there just HAS to be something better than ten dollar a jar stuff that's been around since I was a youngster. But, alas, I find myself disappointed (and poor!) time after time as I slather myself in it's fragrance-free goodness. It's especially good for my super-dry, cracked feet. I put it on before bed with a pair of cotton socks, and in the morning it feels like I just got a fresh pedi!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by DanseMacabre11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have really dry skin because of accutane, but this stuff works amazingly. Today, I was at school and my face looked like it was falling off, so I just took out my mini version, rubbed it in, and POOF! Amazing. LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2007 8:32:00 AM More reviews by andrea0717

This product is great! I love it, my skin is so soft . EDIT: Ithink this product broke me out!! is not good for the face but is good for the body

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Red80

Having already had a bad experience with the lotion, I didn't think that I would like this but after reading the reviews here at MUA, I just had to try it.

I have been battling with adult acne for more than a year now and this moisturiser has been my saviour over the past few months.
My current routine is as follows:
- wash with only water in the morning (using a face washer to remove dead skin cells) and then use an invisible zinc moisturiser.
- wash with Murad AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser at night and then apply this moisturiser.
- for breakouts, I apply Lush's Fresh Farmacy as a spot treatment and it works a treat.

I love this cream's rich smooth texture. As many previous reviewers have noted, this moisturiser is rather rich so a little goes a long way.
And for the size in which it does come in and the little amount that you do need to use, I think it's cost effective.

My advice would be to try it out and if it does not work out for you, use it as a foot, hand or body cream. You just can't go wrong!

EDIT: Unfortunately I have found this too greasy in our Australian summer. Might use in winter if skin flakes.