Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love how this made my skin feel. However, after 3 wks my skin had tiny bumps all over the surface. I am not sure what caused this but i had really good skin until i started using this. I bought this for the reason that i wanted to exfoliate well, spa-style. The brush itself is cool, i love the handle and i love that it's h2oproof but unfortunately it's just not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted a Mia for some time now, and I have not had it one week, and I cannot tell you the difference it has made to my skin. My breakouts have cleared, my skin is much softer and refreshed looking. Anyone who is on the fence about this product, it is worth every penny!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lets just say I was one of the biggest skeptics of this product. I don't go along with all the hype I hear just because everyone is talking about it. Many products don't deserve the good reputation they have so I decided to purchase the Mia in Dec 2010 and give it a go and decide for myself. I have never owned one of their toothbrushes either. I had originally planned on purchasing this item and using it religiously for 2x a day for 3 weeks and see if I got good results. The packaging and reciept were huddled up in my closet and ready for a march back to Sephora if it didn't work out for me when the deadline was up. The lady at Sephora said, "we haven't had any returns or problems that I know of." I thought to myself "yeah I'll probably be the first." Well let me cut to the chase: I have had it now for 3 months and I absolutely LOVE MY MIA!! Every day for the first week, my skin was tight, my forehead was shiny and tight...almost like having a chemical peel or microdermabrasion. After the first week, I did think to myself "well this is very expensive product just to get clean skin, I may take this back." By the second week, my acne was completely gone and I think I went the longest I've ever gone without getting a pimple. I noticed how I could clean my face with a washcloth and then use the Mia afterwards, and I would still get makeup residue from foundation still coming off on the bristles. I began to think that maybe it was product still in my pores giving me the pimples the entire time. I get cystic acne and I have been using 65% lactic acid (makeupartistschoice.com) for about 2 yrs now which has completely helped my acne but I needed something that would help inbetween treatments. I was a bit afraid to see how my skin would act with the lactic and the Mia at the same time, so by the 3rd week, I was brave enough to try both but I didn't leave the acid on as long as I normally do. Not only does the Mia help with acne in between acid treatments but also with the dry flaky skin I get from time to time from using the acid. My face didn't purge much and I wasn't sure what to expect because I had already had a good skin care regime. I did get just a few TINY regular pimples just for the first week that went away quickly. My MIA is like a miracle to me, I truly have translucent, glowing skin for the first time since I was a kid. I do not take giving good reviews lightly, this product is a sizable investment and I'm not sure I would have sprung for it had I not had a 100 dollar gift card from Sephora but I sure am glad that I did!!

Lets be honest, not every product does everything it claims to and everyone's skin is different. For me the cons: 1) I can't say that its helped with any fine lines or sun spots/freckles. 2) Also, the charger, I mean come on....my cell phone can charge my drained battery a hundred times before my Mia gets one full charge. It takes over 12 hrs to charge and I have never even let it get completely drained yet. I'd rather have some standard charger that charges fast versus a cutesy charger that is unique like this one. 3) I have tiny blackheads on my nose and in my chin fold that no one could see but me and it has not fixed them at all but I think my pores are tighter in those areas so its hard for it to get to, so thats just my experience. 4) Your investment isn't over once you buy the MIA, you have to pay for a replacement head every few months.

Is it worth the cons? I believe...most definitely!! Make your own call though, these are my honest opinions. Email me if you want any other information and good luck!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After going back and forth between the Clarisonic Mia and the Olay Pro-X, there is absolutely no comparison between the two: The Clarisonic is by far superior in achieving improvement in skin clarity and texture.

The Olay Pro-X is about on par with using a washcloth, IMHO. I actually was using washcloths before I became convinced I needed to try these products. lol.

Clarisonic performs some sort of skin-voodoo. Me like-y.

***Positive Mia-Affirming Update 1/2015:
For about six months last year I neglected to use my Mia because I ran out of replacement heads. Truth be told, I was getting sick of pain to replace them. I broke down and bought new ones and begin using the Mia again: The positive difference it made in my skin after week was nearly astounding. I think it's one of those things like Retin-A that you need to keep using it despite the inevitable and eventual plateau you will reach with skin clarity and improved skin texture. When you quit using it the effects slowly go away´┐Żyou just have to keep it up.

Edit 12/2015: The generic replacement heads have come a long, long way and I have begun purchasing the better reviewed ones from Amazon.com.

My Mia is still going strong, having used it 2-3x weekly now for about five years.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The Mia didn't work out for me at all. I don't think that it is a bad product it's just not for me. I have very sensitive, oily skin with occasional breakouts. My skin couldn't take the Mia twice a day or once a day. I tried it with 3 different cleaners and all of them dried my face out made my pores larger and irritated the heck out of my skin. I didn't want to try out the delicate brush head because I already paid a pretty penny for the Mia. All the Mia did for me was deep clean my face but I can use my facial sponge for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works really well. I use the delicate brush.

Edit: I don't find myself using this as often as I thought I would. My skin hasn't improved greatly.

The first two weeks, I wasn't too impressed: okay, my skin felt very clean and the exfoliation was nice, but nothing THAT spectacular. Maybe I had exaggerated expectations due to the rave reviews. I thought my skin would be porcelain perfect, haha. But then, after I forgot the charger at my friends house and had to stop the treatment for a week, I suddenly saw a HUGE difference the way my skin looked without the Clarisonic. I could tell that my skin looked SO much drier and facial lines were MUCH more visible, I believe this was because the products didn't sink into the skin like they did with prior exfoliation and thus weren't as effective anymore.
I also noticed that my skin looked so dull and also a little flaky in comparison (I use a 10% AHA cream).
The bottom line is: once you have seen and felt the before and after effect, you don't want to go back to your regular exfoliation. Just keep in mind that the results don't come overnight, but they will come within a month. Even my husband loves to use this little gadget and I can tell that his wrinkles (he's 47) look less prominent because his skin absorbs the moisturizer so much better after he used the Clarisonic.

i am in love with this thing!
i have been using it for a couple of days now and i can definitely see a difference- my pores are smaller, the deep pimples that are very stubborn is finally disappearing and my skin feels sooo soft.
i would buy this product again if it ever breaks because this is my new HG- it's so worth the money!:)

I'm pretty shocked that I didn't get the deep skin pimples yet...but then again I've only been using this for 2 days. My skin is pretty much the same. I will update in a while and see if it made a difference. Would not buy again and hope it won't break that easily. New heads, yes but the machine should be ok for a long time. Will stop if anything goes wrong. Sephora has an excellent return policy : )
Update...OMG...I really like this product!!! I've worked out a really good plan.
1. Remove makeup with oil until no trace left. I know that it says that we can use this to remove makeup...blah blah blah...u really shouldn't. Y? Because during the time that the brush is working it will open up your pores and y the heck would you want the things you're gonna remove go into your pores? So yes, remove your makeup!!!
2. Use a nice foaming soap...ok...I know you're not supposed to but...with a foaming soap you can be sure to kill all the bacteria and SEE what you missed if you missed a spot on your face so you can have a better result.
3. I use my acne wash that doesn't foam...and I've been using it for more than a year and I still love it. Hey, if it aint broke, stick with it! : )
4. Since all of the previous steps are really drying, if you are a person that breaks out and uses acne medicine...it's best that you find a good moisturizer. Find a moisturizer that works even before you use the brush. Find one that works and then use the brush so that you won't introduce 2 things at once. Who knows you skin might react to the moistuizer and not the brush?
5. Make sure to dry the brush properly after use. Dry it just like how you would charge it; the brush side up. Drying the water between uses to ensure that the bacteria doesn't live on your brush.
6. Last but not least, don't use it more than 2 times per day unless you've got a badass moisturizer!

Use, hate or love it...just get it in a store that has a good return policy I.e Sephora. If it doesn't work then at least you won't regret missing out on something that could potentially be great. Wow...hope this helps future users...a bit extensive I know lol...
2nd update; turned out to be a bit harsh for the long run. Got an amazing peel...I know they are not the same thing but...using this and the peel is a bit too much for me. I think I'll return it to Sephora after my tests. It didn't break me out...I just like the peel better than this so for my delicate skin's sake...I'll have to let it go.

I thought this product was super expensive but b/c of all the rave reviews, i figured it would be worth it and it was. I had this weird pimple that just wouldn't go away and normally my pimples go away pretty fast. This one was super stubborn. I used my mia with my b.kamins vegetable cleanser. After 2 days of using it, the pimple was gone! =) so happy

Popular Misc Beauty Tools