August 31, 2014 | 1585 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 6:36:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

The Clarisonic Mia definitely cleanses pores very well. I have acne prone and sensitive skin prone to tons of whitehead and blackhead. Previously I have been using a sea sponge to cleanse my face. Sea sponges are really good stuff as well. They are cheap and efficient in removing whiteheads. But sea sponges are not able to deep cleanse pores. I would say sea sponges are like USD$2 each but gives u a value of 75% efficiency. Clarisonic Mia is USD$149 but gives u a value of 95%. Its not a miracle product. I have only been using them for 2 weeks and I can see a dramatic drop in my whiteheads (I am referring to those stuck underneath my skin). Yeah I am not born with very good skin.

Skin glows after using Clarisonic as well. I am having problems convincing my frens to buy clarisonic as its not cheap. But gals, if you can spend $80 on a facial, u can buy clarisonic for $149. Better so, buy it at skinstore.com whereby u get 20% off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by merryface

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 months now and wanted to wait a few months before actually doing a review. Like many of you I read all the awesome reviews online and it convinced me to test it out and see if it'll really work on my skin type. I was nervous about purchasing this at first because I've never spent this much money on a beauty product before. But after 2 months of daily usage (2 times a day) I think this is a great tool to have for your skincare routine. It is very pricey but definitely worth every penny! The first week I broke out like crazy but I managed to calm my skin down w/ Aloe Vera and Olay Sensitive Skin Gentle Foaming Face Wash w/ Aloe. My skin has never looked better and I'm starting to see that I'm no longer breaking out as much as I used to and my pores are shrinking. It does come w/ a travel size cleanser that I've used once or twice but I feel that it didn't really do anything so I set it aside for now. Anyways I'm excited and can't wait to see what happens next =) Thanks Clarisonic!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Wildangel105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

SKIN TYPE: Sensitive/Combo
ACNE?: Hormonal/Stress triggered
SKIN PROBLEMS: Blackheads around my nose; really tight, small pores

With the Mia, my initial concerns were primarily related to how touchy my skin can be, but I was extremely curious, so after debating for several months, I opted to buy one from Lovelyskin.com.

When it arrived in the mail, I was immediately able to conclude that the brush felt perfect for my skin and the device itself feels sturdy and well-made.

Excited, I immediately took it for a go in the bath, despite the "Charge for 24 hours" label.

The results? I love this thing! After I used it, my skin felt so smooth and clean like it never had before (I've tried everything, from low end St. Ives scrub to higher end Dermalogica Gentle Exfoliant). The second time my Mia and I had an encounter was in the shower after I had let my face steam for 20 minutes. Again, my face felt amazing afterwards. And just last night, I used it before masking to give myself a mini facial.

Regardless of the short time I've had this device, my skin has never looked this good. For more complete details, I've included a list of the products below, as well as how I use them, in conjunction with the Mia--

CLEANSER: Olay Sensitive Skin Gentle Foaming Face Wash w/ Aloe -- every time I cleanse

DAY MOISTURIZER: Olay Complete w/ SPF 15 -- every morning under MU and primer

FACIAL MIST: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater (no alcohol!) -- after I cleanse and to set my MU

NIGHT MOISTURIZER: Mario Badescu Chamomile Nigh Cream -- every night

NIGHT TREATMENT: Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle -- every other night

MASK: Korres Yoghurt Mask -- used 3 times a week

When used in conjunction with the Clarisonic, my skin just seems to absorb all these products better. As a result, it just GLOWS. This morning, after my mini-facial, my skin was just gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring. Even now, I keep touching my face to feel how smooth it is. Better even, the pores on my nose that are typically huge and congested with oil and filth are already smaller and cleaner looking.

BUY THIS! You will LOVE it. It is like a mini-facial every time I shower and my skin is lovin' it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Zelah90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great cleanser to have. It makes me feel that my skin had been cleansed deep into the pores & my dead skin have been scrubbed off. But it gave me breakouts for the 1st few tries. Overall, It's worth buying.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by aopi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a combination skin with flaky cheeks and chins, but oily noses. Initially I didn't know what to do with my face. After i saw clarisonic mia on youtube, i tried it.

Initially, I broke out and doubted out the brush, and i changed several types of cleansers. Finally, after 2 months, I'm using cetaphil for oilywith the brush and my skin is wonderful and glowy =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxofoxiexoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is amazing!. I'm 26 and have been batting ance for 6 years. I love how the MIA cleans and exfoliates my skin. The MIA is so effective that it prepares my skin to absorb my lotions and creams. I use benzoyl peroxide all over to treat acne. Since I have been using the mia, I have noticed that my acne is almost completely gone! I started out with the sensitive brush for 3 weeks and graduated to the normal brush, which works better for my really oily skin. I have been using it for a little over 4 weeks now and I have to say this product is worth every penny! It's not an over night solution and you do have to commit to using it every day but I promise you will see results. I recommend this product to all my friends and family and I've even got.my husband using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by csolvang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Been using the Mia for one month, my 12yr old daughter and I love it ,we each have our own brush attachments(sensitive brush).for me it has made my face clearer,smoother,with very little product used,I use Dior foaming cleanser with it ..for my daughter it has done the same&also clears breakouts quicker,she uses clean&clear advantage kit .so IMO it's worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

I really wanted to like this product and I did feel that it gave a deep cleaning to my skin, however it didnt do much in clearing my skin. It may be that I am not using the right cleanser with it, but overall I find it redundant. The dermatologist prescribed me a bunch of other things and said not to use th eClarisonic as it collects bacteria on the brush head so I am returning it tomorrow.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by denvergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and have struggled with finding products and methods to cleanse, tone, moisturize, etc. When the Clarisonic Mia was offered as a QVC TSV in September, I took the plunge. So many people have had such good things to say about this product--exfoliates without stripping, end to flakiness, improved texture. In the first week of use, my skin was very soft and previous break outs healed more quickly. But it was all downhill from there. I began to develop clusters of small, superficial pockets of pus (eeww) that would not dry out using the normal BP or SA spot treatments. When they did dry out, the spots turned into angry red scabs. My acne is normally concentrated on my chin and jaw line but these clusters formed everywhere! Middle of the cheek! Lip area! Eyebrows?! I'd been advised that this was part of the normal purging process but I couldn't continue use--especially because the initial benefits wore off. No more softness, increased redness and flakiness that would not subside. I recommend that anyone interested in using the Clarisonic Mia or other products purchase from a store with a generous return policy. There's no reason to be stuck with $150 gadget that ruins your skin. On the other side, if this works for you, that's great. I just couldn't suffer through.
_____________________________________________
Edit: Re-purchased (I'm not a rational shopper, it's a problem) and swapped with the delicate brush head. I now use occasionally with decent results.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin with subtype 2 rosacea that breaks out easily and frequently. I'm very surprised that Clarisonic recommends this to those with rosacea because it irritates my skin tremendously. It wasn't so bad the first time I used it. My skin felt a tad smoother, but that was it. From then on, I felt like it was ripping my skin apart (and this was with the delicate brush head with very little pressure!) every time I used it. I happily returned mine. If you have sensitive skin like mine, I would certainly not recommend this to you. My skin is much happier with chemical exfoliants like BHA (salicylic acids) or AHA. If it wasn't for the fact that Clarisonic actually recommends this to sensitive-skinned individuals, I would give it a neutral 3 lippy rating, but I'm downgrading it to a 2 for that very reason.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No