July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by denvergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and have struggled with finding products and methods to cleanse, tone, moisturize, etc. When the Clarisonic Mia was offered as a QVC TSV in September, I took the plunge. So many people have had such good things to say about this product--exfoliates without stripping, end to flakiness, improved texture. In the first week of use, my skin was very soft and previous break outs healed more quickly. But it was all downhill from there. I began to develop clusters of small, superficial pockets of pus (eeww) that would not dry out using the normal BP or SA spot treatments. When they did dry out, the spots turned into angry red scabs. My acne is normally concentrated on my chin and jaw line but these clusters formed everywhere! Middle of the cheek! Lip area! Eyebrows?! I'd been advised that this was part of the normal purging process but I couldn't continue use--especially because the initial benefits wore off. No more softness, increased redness and flakiness that would not subside. I recommend that anyone interested in using the Clarisonic Mia or other products purchase from a store with a generous return policy. There's no reason to be stuck with $150 gadget that ruins your skin. On the other side, if this works for you, that's great. I just couldn't suffer through.
_____________________________________________
Edit: Re-purchased (I'm not a rational shopper, it's a problem) and swapped with the delicate brush head. I now use occasionally with decent results.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin with subtype 2 rosacea that breaks out easily and frequently. I'm very surprised that Clarisonic recommends this to those with rosacea because it irritates my skin tremendously. It wasn't so bad the first time I used it. My skin felt a tad smoother, but that was it. From then on, I felt like it was ripping my skin apart (and this was with the delicate brush head with very little pressure!) every time I used it. I happily returned mine. If you have sensitive skin like mine, I would certainly not recommend this to you. My skin is much happier with chemical exfoliants like BHA (salicylic acids) or AHA. If it wasn't for the fact that Clarisonic actually recommends this to sensitive-skinned individuals, I would give it a neutral 3 lippy rating, but I'm downgrading it to a 2 for that very reason.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by cheerjules

I absolutely LOVE this product... I know, I know you've heard this before but I can honestly tell you it's no ordinary brush. It's like a magic wand brush! I bought two Mia's one for my sister and one for myself and I absoultely love it. After using it, my skin was super smooth, creaseless and and felt so PURE and clean. I have used face brushes before from Sephora but it does not come close to the Clarisonic. I use my Mia after I put on my creme de la mer and it absorbs it so well! I end up using less of it because of the Mia.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Weinda

I bought this at Sephora, and I was lookingh for something to boost my skincare routine. Well, I found it! This feels great on my skin, makes my pores almost invisible, very easy to travel with...PERFECT!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by itsolya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using my Clarisonic Mia for about 6 months and I love the results. I have dry and sensitive skin which would flake hours after I exfoliated before I got the MIA. Now I'm able to keep it under control and I've gotten to the point where I don't have to use it in the mornings and in the afternoons. My skin feels super clean and fresh after I use it and I feel like it's doing something for my skin - that's the best part. You can see the results right away. It's also decreased the size of my pores and evened out my skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by crb234

While I definitely noticed a difference in how this was cleaning my skin, I found it a bit too harsh for my skin type (dry and moderately sensitive). I was using the sensitive brush head but it still felt a little harsh. I ended up selling this because I didn't think I would use it that much.

While their was a difference, I didn't find it that significant. Definitely not significant enough to justify the price.

I probably would have kept this if it wasn't so expensive. In my opinion, it is just too much money for what it is. If you can afford it and you have more oily skin that isn't sensitive, I might recommend it. But I just didn't think it was worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFOREVER24

I love my Mia. I've had it for about a month, so i figured thats time enough to give a honest review. I suffer from cystic hormonal acne, so i get it mostly around my jaw line and chin...sometimes on the lower part of my cheeks. The mia did not clear up my acne yet (it takes TIME people!!!!) , but it has imporved it a lot better than anything else i've tried....and i've tried just about everything. I highly reccomend this product. If you have the 150$, get it! Go to skinterra.com...they usually have coupons where you can save like 30$! It's worth it! I'd say if you don't have acne prone skin, its not really worth the money, because a good exfoillent will do the same thing for that skin type. Also, purchase the right brush head for your skin!!! Don't try to get a harsher one because you think it "cleans" better. It doesn't. It just rips your skin apart...and who wants that!???! My only con is the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Studiouslaura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not that this needs another rave review, but I can't seem to help myself. :-)

The reason I bought it was that (a) I had been coveting it madly since I read about it on here, and (b) I recently managed to really, really mess up my face with the use of waaaay too many new products in too short a time span. I broke out like a 14 year old girl locked in at Willy Wonka's and boy was it ugly.

I am 43, btw., and I have always had a bit of hormonal breakouts, but never anything terrible (aside from my teens, when I looked like a precursor to the Gulf oil spill). In the winter I always get all flaky, to the point where my makeup resembles little puzzle pieces on my face. Bad look, for sure, especially when paired with massive breakout. So I stopped using ANYTHING on my face, other than a mild moisturizer. I gave it a couple of days, and I could see that it was going to go all flaky, flaky to the point that it would look like I had very, very dry leprosy.

So in a wild attempt to (1) cheer myself up and distract myself from the horror that was my skin and (2) possibly stave off the "dehydrated lizard" look that I was sure to get, I ran out to Ulta and bought the mia. I also got a small container of the philosophy "hope in a jar," or whatever that stuff is called. I got the mia that has it's own cradle charger, mostly b/c they had it as a special for Breast Cancer Awareness, and some of the massive amount of money I was spending would go to a good cause, so I could feel less badly about spending such a large amount of cash on myself.

OMG. It is amazing. I totally completely absolutely have avoided the flaky stage of this breakout. Not only that, but a couple of days of using the mia in the morning and at night, and I have had none of the typical dry flaky stuff that I normally get either. My makeup goes on better, and looks much smoother and prettier than ever before. My skin hasn't looked this nice, ever, not even when I was young, b/c I simply had no idea then how to take care of it, and thus was a walking zit for most of my teens.

Now, it's totally possible that it's a bit of both, Mia and HIJ. But I'll just say that they can have my Mia when they pry it from my cold, dead hand. :-)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go wash my face. :-)

41 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Go buy this. Don't walk to Sephora, run. Honestly I debated buying this for a year. I don't have bad skin, but there was definitely room for improvement. I mainly bought this to help with huge pores on and around my nose and chin as well as some flakiness. I've only had it a few days but I have already noticed a difference. I know you can't actually shrink the size of your pores, but they look so much clearer now. For me, that is worth the money right there. When you think about it, it's super easy to spend over $100 at Sephora or a department store on one or two skincare products, so this isn't that bad. I think that some people might have problems with this as far as a reaction, or having it cause a flare up with their acne, but I think that far more people really benefit from it. With Sephora's return policy you really have nothing to lose. I'll update in several weeks when I've used this for longer, but I can't really see my opinion changing.
EDIT: it's been another month and I love this just as much as I did in the beginning. I was using it morning and night but now I'm just using it at night. I take off all of my makeup with a makeup wipe and then use this with my Darphin Intral cleanser. I haven't really had a single blemish since I started using this and my pores are clearer. Also just a side note that I have pretty sensitive skin and I use the sensitive brush and that works perfectly. I also bought a normal brush to use on my boyfriend to give him a "back facial" since he has some acne on his back from sports clothes etc. Just using it once or twice a week on his back with the normal brush has totally cleared up his back without using any other products!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by DixieBrooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Within days my skin was a dry, red, itchy mess, with breakouts all over my cheeks that took weeks to heal. I sent this straight back and got a refund.

Very disappointed.