April 23, 2014 | 1987 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mcaceres90

I love this foundation! I have A LOT of dark acne scars and this foundation gives me great coverage! I had a problem with the fact it didn't have a pump, but when I bought it, they said Francois Nars made it so you use your hands to apply it. So I just dab a little onto the back of my left hand and apply with my right fingers and get a great finish! I usually don't get a dewy finish right away, but maybe after a few minutes, but that could just be because of my oily skin... It does start to fade after a while, and I do need to retouch, but I don't use a powder to set it, so that can be a reason. I would recommend this to my friends, but I don't want them to know my secret! Ahaha :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by captainlindarg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Sephora SA made me samples of these as I was just not sure if it would work for me or what shade I needed. I'm so glad I did, because "sheer glow" it was not! Instead of a glow, it was almost completely matte. I have dry skin so I try to avoid matte foundations. I was hoping for a nice dewy coverage and was disappointed. Does not live up to the hype! The only things I liked about it is that it seemed pretty easy to blend and I was able to find a perfect color that wasn't too orange or yellow.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is ridiculously overpriced! it though at the beginning I was willing to pay alot for a greta foundation as I had seen so many rave reviews about this product but it was such a let down for me. Firstly it is the worst foundation i have used so far, drugstore included, for covering dry spots. The sheer glow accentuated them alot and made my skin look very unpolished. Secondly I was anticipating a lovely dewy finish but what i got was an extremely matte look which I avoid at all costs, because of my dry skin it always looks very cakey. The coverage was below average and I was afraid of using too much powder on top to add coverage as I would add to the already 'made up' look. And lastly I was quite disappointed that the MUA matched me wrongly and for some reason I didn't think to go outside and check my skin in natural light.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 671cing

I've gone through two bottles of this foundation. This WAS my HG foundation up until my skin started getting dry. This is amazing for oily skin. Glides on smoothly and staying power (for me) is pretty good. It leaves you with a dewy finish and it looks very natural. What I love about this foundation is that it accentuates (sp?) dry spots on your face..which tells me when I need to hunt for a hydrating foundation. I don't mind splurging on MU(as I said before i've gone through 2 bottles of this and 2 bottles of LM oil-free foundation plus her tinted moisturizer, all priced at $40+). If anybody can direct me to a hydrating/moisturizing foundation, I would really appreaciate it:)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by kissesPb

I bought this product a week ago after reading and watching wonderful reviews of people online. I thought it will be really really amazing but i was wrong. I was hesitant to buy this foundation because of the price, I thought it was overpriced for the amount of product you get. After doing some research, i decided to go ahead and get it. I was really disappointed with this product, it made my face so cakey. I tried so many ways to apply this, i used my hands (as the Makeup artist told me), i used different kinds of brushes and wet sponge as well. None of them worked at all. This product made my combination skin really dry and it also clogged my pores. I have a pretty clear skin but after using this, i noticed that there are couple white heads pop up around my nose. Its really disgusting.

For people who uses this and love it, good for you! I wish i can love this product as much as you guys. I just bought MUFE HD foundation today and it seems to work wonderfully.

I will never buy this product again and will definitely return this product because i feel like i just wasted my money for nothing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

Like seemingly all the other negative reviewers, I've been eyeballing Sheer Glow for a while, and finally caved in a few weeks ago. I tried Sheer Matte when it also first came out, hated it, and ended up swapping, so I was kind of hesitant with this one. I wish I received a sample to try before I bought it because that would have saved so much of my time. I was matched with Punjab which, surprisingly, turned out to be a perfect match. I've never found a perfect foundation shade... ever, so you could imagine how thrilled I was. After trying it for a few days, though, I couldn't bring myself to like it. The application was all wrong and it made me look so damn cakey. I tried to change the routine using my fingers, different brushes, and other applicators but nothing worked -- still cakey. The foundation wore off in no more than three hours and began to gather around the creases on my face (corners of my nose, my eyelids, my mouth) and I was less than impressed. I have a morning-to-night schedule; this would not suffice. Why I gave it two lippies instead of one: The glorious shade match! If anyone uses Punjab and knows the exact color dupe, please message me! :) Also, it didn't make me break out whatsoever, and with my super sensitive acne-prone skin, this is a feat.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by brightcrystal10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

With almost the whole 'beauty community' going on about how this was an amazing foundation, I wanted to give it a go. I believe this was formulated for those with dry skin...But I found that it made any dry patches look 10x worse. Even dry patches that could not be seen or felt on my skin...This foundation made them show up. I also found it a little difficult to blend. Maybe it is just the brush I'm using that isn't making this foundation as good as it can be?
It's no wonder people with oily skin are loving this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Mariam0803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after hearing so many great reviews. Everytime I went to sephora, I would always stare and it and wonder if I needed it. I bought this last week, and was matched with Stromboli. I loved it at first, but then I realized it made my face look really dull and lifeless. This foundation definitely does not have the "glow". I wanted a foundation that was semi-matte, but this is definitely a matte foundation. I am normal skin but I have a very oily t-zone, and while it did help control the oil, this foundation made my skin look dry, and I don't have dry skin. This is going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by smileybiker

I wanted to like this product. I have combination skin and hormonal acne during period. I initially bought Sheer Matte but it was so difficult to apply to evenly. It looked great in photos so i decided to go for Sheer Glow. It applied much more easily. However it sits in my pores...it makes them look larger and shows up every hair on my face. It does actually give ok coverage. However after about 5 or 6 hours its melting off my face. I could live with all this, but my reason this product fails is because it breaks me out really badly. After one day wearing it for 5 hours i will have about 5 new cystic spots. Foundation doesnt normally break me out, so i was disappointed this one did. I urge Nars to make a acne prone, pore reducing foundation for young twenty something year old skin foundation. This was disappointing

Edit June 2011:after using this for longer I grew to really like it. It didnt seem to break me out after. The application was easy and i got used to "sheer" coverage as my skin improved. I like that it has no spf for photos. Still not the best foundation ever and i think i could try out Chanel ones next. But it was nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. Don't really use foundation anymore and then with all the glowing reviews on this tried it out. I am have medium olive skin (I use Stromboli) and have normal to oily skin with not real issues to cover up. T-zone is oily...

Its getting dry on the east coast so hard to say if I would wear in summer. so far used for nice occasions and it looks great- doesn't fade on me. I have yellow toned skin so love Nars yellowish tones. This foundation is lightweight, noncakey, buildable and looks really good.

I love looking at my skin after putting this on..make me look really polished and makes me feel pretty....

I actually like and prefer the no pump bottle - I like being able to control how much I use - pump products/click pens are designed to use up product faster IMO
Update: I have been using this more and while I still like it I don't think its buildable....which is fine for me but I say this is like tinted moisturizer coverage level. IMO is good for one light layer (I used a sponge). More than that and it looks weird.