August 1, 2014 | 994 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 5:50:00 AM More reviews by seba

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definitely one of the biggest overhyped makeup items I've ever bought. First, it's quite sheer; I do have minor breakout scars and this fdt only covers them slightly. Heck, it doesn't even covers the pores at the side of my nose! Second, I usually do my fdt first then my eyes, blush etc before finishing with loose powders. With Sheer Glow my face is already greasy by that step so it's quite disappointing. Even after the powder in 15 minutes I have to blot, which is troublesome for me. I tried it with different primers and loose powders but I always felt greasy every time.
The pros, however, that it looks great in pics (while it's still fresh) and I love the shade Ceylan. It complements my light Asian yellow toned skin nicely. I also like the light gel textures that I can applied it with fingers seamlessly (prefer brushes though).
Overall, nice (overhyped, expensive) fdt but my HG is still Dior Skin Nude liquid fdt.

22/12: I've tried applying this fdt with MAC 187 brush and it does makes a LOT of difference. More coverage even though I used less amount (guess 190 eats up too much fdt), my face didn't feel greasy and it lasts quite a long time. Another note, Ceylan is a tad too yellow for me so I topped up with pinker toned loose powder. I add one more lippie :).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Mathildexo

I really expected to like this foundation. I'm all for the dewy finish and lightweight consistency. The MUA at the nars counter applied this on me and it looked good in their mirror, felt good too so I purchased it. $99AUD ridiculous pricing! But I wanted it so bad so I just went with the outrageous pricing. When I came home from my shopping trip it already did not look that good anymore but she applied quite a lot so I blamed it on that. The next day I was ecstatic to apply the sheer glow myself and it looked good in the beginning but after just a few hours it had caked up and even caused some break outs on my skin! I tried a different primer, no luck. Used my fingers instead of a brush, still nothing. I really regret spending this much on a product and will probably make a few more times to make it work but I think it's a lost case.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this based on all of the love it gets and I didn't like it at all. I have pretty normal skin, not too oily, not too dry. This made me look like I had grease on my face no matter what I put underneath it, over it, or how I applied. I tried ev-er-y-thing and it didn't matter. The bottle sucks. I don't complain when bottles don't come with pumps as long as they don't make a mess. And what a mess this one makes! I also don't attribute products to breakouts/acne unless I am 5000% sure it caused it...and this one gave me bumps. The color wasn't even that great. It turned orange on me (no matter what, as mentioned above). The only thing that I liked was how blendable it was. It certainly isn't worth the price, and there are much better foundations out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chanelh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the feel of this foundation and the color range is nice.However, the packaging is TRASH. No pump for that price? And since it doesn't have one you waste a lot of product and it's messier than it needs to be. If they changedthe packaging I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by woodwinkedgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The packaging would be way better if it came with a pump. Not that it's a huge deal to pour out on your hand, but still. Less hassle. I loved this foundation when I first purchased it, but it really is not designed to suit dry skin. If you find that your skin gets dry in patches and often flakes off, this product will accentuate those flaws. The coverage is nice, but much too drying for my taste. I have seen it look beautiful on other people though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by serendipitysunriser

I have abit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I do really like it - I think it is one of those foundations that makes you look like you aren't wearing makeup (in a good way) but the packaging really annoys me. Firstly no pump, for the price of the foundation couldn't they at least include a pump? Also, like alot of other NARS products the screw lid gets really grubby and dirty (it seems to attract dirt) and I'm pretty neat with my makeup.

I was matched with Siberia - the lightest shade. I think it's going to last along time as you don't need very much when applying - I'll see how I feel when I finish the bottle the price puts me off repurchasing alittle. I seem to switch between this foundation and Revlon Photo Ready.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by jenjenx2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wish it had a pump.
It worked well for me before, but soon it got greasy even before I wore it for a few hrs.
As soon as I put it on it got greasy so I have to blot with a tissue before putting on powder haha..
Then it eventually gets greasy after a few hours..
Not my personal HG foundation.
Again it's buildable and looks good after blotting and it doesn't dry out my skin at all..
I would buy it again, but again, not my HG foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by TGRAM7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been avoiding buying this product for months, mainly due to the price ($42). I finally broke down and purchased it as a birthday gift to myself and I am so glad I did! This product is amazing. It blends like a dream and covers ALL of my imperfections, ie: acne scarring, freckles, broken capillaries. Another great thing about it is that you can build it up. I can have light coverage by applying with my clean fingers or full coverage by using a brush. It never feels heavy or looks cakey. For reference I'm a NC42 in MAC (hate it-broke me out horribly) and I'm 'Stromboli' Medium 3 in the Nars Sheer Glow. I am also an oily t-zone kinda gal and this never makes me look like shiny. It gives that 'glow' that 'oily' girls look for but rarely ever achieve w/o looking greasy. It makes me look like myself, but with perfect skin! And for that I love this product. It is a little pricey but it's HG material for me and I will continue to buy it as long as they make it. But for heavens sake NARS, PLEASE PROVIDE A PUMP!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by milz90

Two words...HATE IT!!!

I cannot believe after all the reviews ive heard about the hype of this product that this foundation was a huge failure on me! Ive given this foundation a lot of tries with so many ways and brushes for application but still i runs down my face after 20mins of application. It makes me look greasy n enhances ma spots even more. Ive used a typical foundation brush, stippling brush (about 4 kinds), wet sponge, makeup sponge...you name it ive tried it, but yet it jus doesnt work for me. I am so dissapointed as i had such high hopre for it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by theviolentways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the HG FOUNDATION for any gals looking for that soft and "glowy" finish with amazing coverage. I have an oily t-zone and sometimes I don't even use a primer or a powder and I won't have to worry if the foundation will fade or make me look like a greaseball. Never broke me out so that's a plus for me, especially having the tendency to breakout if I try anything new. Only con to this foundation is the packaging. NARS, please take note and make a pump with it rather than make us buy it separately!!!! Other than that, it's perfect.