Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

on 2/16/2004 12:37:00 PM

I have 18 JTs, with 3 more coming my way. These glosses go right to the top of my list with its versatile colours, reasonable price, and absolutely delectable scent. Oh, not to forget the delish shine! Perfect for every and any occasion. *LOVE* it. :)

on 2/11/2004 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have it in Tantalizing Lili, and I wouldn't say I'm head-over-heels-in-love with it. It's fabu, but it seems to fade too quickly, and it's a little too sticky.

Who doesn't love JTs?!

I do like these. These are cute and they have a great color selection. My fave is Miracle. These were just a bit sticky for me. However, I have just discovered the Chanel glossimer which I LOVE! So, for glosses I will probably stay with Chanel.

on 2/9/2004 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm going to re-review these, since I visited the Lancome counter the other day & tested a few.

My mom bought me a JT about a year ago. She got me Sparkling Odile, and when she gave it to me, I thought, "Wow cool! Pretty silver lip stuff!". And then I put it on. It went on completely clear, and the smell & taste were so bad I had to wipe it off. It smelled & tasted like burnt strawberries. Okay, Juicy Tubes are supposedly the best glosses ever made, right? So I figure maybe I just got a bad one, so I go check the rest of them out & to my dismay I am not impressed by any of them.

What the hell is the big fat hairy deal about these?

They are JUST glosses, and crummy overpriced glosses that smell godawful at that. I prefer my Bonne Bell Lip Frosting to these, it smellsa hell of a lot better & has *visible* sparkles, unlike Lancome's clear crap! I tried every one of them, and I think maybe only 2 or 3 had ANY color whatsoever. All the rest, despite being pigmented in the tube, went on totally clear with very *slight* sparkle that would only be noticable up close. And the smells are absolutely terrible. there were only 1 or 2 that didn't cause me to make the "ugh!" face. Some of them smell like funky perfume, some like rotting fruit, wholly they're just not pleasant. The texture is just too gloppy & sticky, like wearing gluey snot on your lips. And the outrageous price- $16 for each tube of clear lipgloss? No thanks. If you're gonna blow money on department store makeup, save yourself $3 & buy Lipglass instead. At least you'll get some damn COLOR & the smell & taste won't make you sick everytime you wear it. These are a total gimmick. If anyone wants my JT it's up for swap. Tried it 2 or 3 times & I just can't stand the smell. continued >>

on 2/9/2004 8:31:00 AM

I love these!! Nice texture, nice lasting power. My only complaint is that some of them smell wretched. However, other's smell like heaven in a tube, so you just have to check around and test them all to find your fav.

My Two Fav's are Blueberry Blast & Miracle! If you haven't tried one of these yet, you MUST.. you will love them!

on 2/7/2004 3:20:00 PM

I am a lipgloss addict. I admit it! When they bring out a 12 step program for kicking the habit - I'll be the first to sign up! At last count i have 21 of them - 12 of them lancome juicy tubes. I love them - and literally cry when i lose one. Lancome - the sneaky marketing geniuses that they are keep bringing them out in more colours and more scrummy flavours. I just try to avoid the counters now!

on 2/7/2004 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love these. Sticky, but they last forever. You get a great amount for the price...nearly four times as much as a MAC Tinted Lipglass and ten times as much as a Stila Lip Glaze. I am a total sucker for Miracle...it's the prettiest sparkly gloss I've ever tried!

It's too expensive, sticky, and bad-tasting. It's a huge waste of money for the tiny amount of junk you get.

on 2/2/2004 2:19:00 PM

I have loads of these!
lychee - smells like jammie dodgers (I don't know if you have them in the US but they're shortbread biscuits sandwiched with jam) and a subtle pink shimmery tint
fraise - slight red shimmer, lovely strawberry scent
framboise - little glittery bits (not too much though), amazing raspberry smell
peche - this was my favourite but I lost it! Amazing smell