April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

For my hair, this product has been nothing short of a miracle worker. I have very thick, wavy and frizzy hair. this product tames it, de-frizzes, and adds dimension and shine. Plus, the smell is to die for wonderful. It makes me feel like I'm relaxing on the beach with a pina colada. For once, a hair product that doesn't stress me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample....and I love it! I was using the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum which I liked a lot too but I was using it for 3 years and I think my hair got "used" to it. Anyway when I put this oil in my wavy hair before blow drying it, it made my hair feel so alive....soft and smooth and bouncy. I will totally buy this once my sample is gone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last update:
Well my hair just doesn't like this product. I am finding now that it is drier outside this causes a lot of static. Sigh. Up for swap it goes.

Updating again:
So I find this product to be ok. I am finding that it is drying out my hair some so I have to rotate it now. I don't like the glass bottle. And for the price I won't repurchase it. I find my Enjoy shine and smooth is a lot better.

Update:
So I decided to try this a different way. On more dry hair then damp. And wow does it work better! Killed all the frizz and made my hair smooth. yay!

Well I am the only one that isn't wowed by this I guess. I use it as the bottle says but my hair isn't amazing with it. It isn't any smoother and doesn't seem to control the frizz. I will back to Enjoy shine and smooth. I like it much more then this and it costs a ton less!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally, I try to avoid products that are really heavy in silicones, but this stuff is my only exception! It is only available in salons or to professionals (I am a cosmetology student and will be licensed in 5 months, so I have a card that allows me to shop in professional only supply stores). I recently had to attend Emiliani's American Glamour Festival with my class and at the show, the Moroccan Oil counter was giving away free little bottles of the stuff.. I got about 5 of them lol.

Although it is an oil, it is extremely light and not greasy. It contains Argan oil, a Mediterranean oil that comes from the Argan tree, which grows in South West Morocco, it produces fruits similar to olives only bigger and rounder. Inside the fruit grows a large nut that houses up to three almond-shape kernels which are the source of the oil.

Anyway, I like it because it smoothes away frizzies, flyaways and conditions the hair. It even has a cumulative conditioning effect if used regularly, and there is no build up. It actually speeds up drying time by 40% as well. From a professional's standpoint, I like how it can be incorporated into haircoloring. I can apply it to the clients hair before applying color and I can mix it into any haircolor preparation and it actually helps to protect the hair from chemical damage as well as help the color develop better and more dimensional and glossier. I always keep a tiny bottle of it with me just in case of hair emergencies (my friends are always asking me to borrrow it! lol). When working on a client, I apply about a dime sized amout (more or less depending on the length, thickness, and texture of hair) to my clients towel dried hair before performing a blowout, this way it cuts drying time, and conditions and adds a ton of shine to the hair. After the blow out, I apply a small drop to dry hair just to smooth it out and protect it from things like environmental stress, heat styling, and UV damage. Clients love this stuff! Plus it gets them in and out quicker. It is pretty expensive, thank goodness for my professional's discount....even though Iv'e got enough free trial sized bottles to last me a pretty long time! =)

I definately recomment this product, unless you are against using silicones in your hair, otherwise, I think everyone would like it! =)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even better than your first day hair (after using this product) is your second-day hair! My color-treated hair has body, bounce and shine that I thought were long-gone. One of my best hair investments ever!! I just appled a dime-size amount to damp hair and I let my hair air-dry. I woke up to beauitfully coiffed hair. So, thank you, MUA ladies, as I would never have found this if it weren't for your reviews. So now, I have some hair products to swap for you!! Bye, bye Jonathan!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jpmayo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started using this oil for my super curly hair, to straighten it, after getting a blow-out last week and I LOVE it!
I just dried my hair and it was super fast and my hair is so shiny and smooth.
Before this I was using Bumble and Bumble Straight and i'll never go back to it:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love this hair oil. It takes half the time for me to dry my hair and is making my hair so shiny and soft! I've only used it twice and I can already see the difference.

Update 9/21/09:
I love this product but I'm allergic to it! It makes my neck break out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

THIS is seriously my HQ hair product. It smells like a faint musk (in a good way). You only use a teensy bit, rub it between palms, dispense throughout damp hair. Then, do your thing with the hair dryer and straighter/curling iron --- you're hair will look shiny and feel so SOFT. I will never use another leave in conditioner (b/c this stuff trumps all that crap). The glass bottle sucks, as others have mentioned, but I'm thinking of transfering mine into plastic so I don't have to worry. The bottle will last and last...and last. You get 3.4 ounces. THANK YOU to my hairdresser for turning me on to this stuff. HG. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 8:21:00 AM More reviews by rory13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this stuff! My hair is straight, and I tend to get a lot of flyaways when the weather turns colder. My hairdresser turned me on to Moroccanoil the last time I was in. It makes my hair so soft and smooth without any buildup. I have tried just about every product made for straight hair, and this is my HG for sure.

It is a on the pricey side at $42 a bottle, but you only need a small amount (the size of a dime for my collar-length hair). My hairdresser had a bottle that she opened 8 months ago and it was still about 2/3 full.

The only downside to this product is the glass bottle. I dropped it in my sink and the top cracked, so I had to transfer the entire contents into a plastic bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i was once a big fan of this before i discovered Kerastase. since starting kerastase (aka god's gift to hair) i laugh at this stuff. doesn't really help with my blowdries and always leaves my hair oily when i use it on hair after drying. haven't noticed any longterm moisturizing benefits. also don't get me started on the packaging, would a pump really be so hard to add? long story short, this stuff isn't for me.
for reference, i have thick, wavy, dry, voluminous dark brown hair. previously bleached all the way out and highlighted. basically, i am the target demographic for this product