July 29, 2014 | 1520 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I was hesitant to buy this bc it says its for thick unruly hair which is def not me, but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did. It's definately for damaged hair that is thirsty for hydration (I don't believe it matters what thickness bc I have fine hair and it works great for me).

I am always looking to add shine with my hair so thats the main reason I bought this. I put less then a dime size amount in my palms and worked it through my hair staying away from my roots. I blow dried my hair about 80% and then flat ironed the ends. I could not believe the shine! I was previously using glossing cream by fekkai and that doesn't even come close! In the past if something gave me shine it looked greasy or felt obvious. Prior to this I could only get this type of natural shine by getting a salon glaze. Morrocan Oil gave me this lit from with in shine, silkiness, and movement. It just yells "I have amazingly healthy hair" type of way. Perfect for making everyone else envy. This stuf is dangerous though because I kept looking at my hair in every mirror I walked by! The smell is too die for! its like a tahitian vanilla imo.

For reference: shoulder length fine color treated hair (Colored & flat ironed frequently). I use a protein enriched sulfate free shampoo (tigi bedhead superstar) and Enjoy reconstructing conditioner every day.
I also like to use Joico reconstruct.

p.s. the reviews for this are split up my original review was posted under "morrocan oil" so check their for more reviews

also my friend who DOES have thick unruly hair also loves this so id say its good for all hair types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by cookie_gurl145

WOW! I'm soooo impressed by this stuff!!! I was bored one day and and started looking through the "MUA TOP PICKS" section and I found that Moroccanoil had near perfect reviews so I bought a bottle and now I love it!! I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my hair has never FELT better! I'm trying to grow out my hair and unfortunately I use a lot of heat on it so it started to feel damaged but after using this product, it just feels so much healthier. A few days ago, I was running late to work so I worked this and Bedhead's After Party into my damp hair, blow-dried it and wore it half up and only quickly flat ironed the bottom half of it. One of my little 2nd graders even complimented me on it! =) Ah.. I'm just so impressed with it and I'm so glad I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

For my hair, this product has been nothing short of a miracle worker. I have very thick, wavy and frizzy hair. this product tames it, de-frizzes, and adds dimension and shine. Plus, the smell is to die for wonderful. It makes me feel like I'm relaxing on the beach with a pina colada. For once, a hair product that doesn't stress me out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by chuchu33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a sample....and I love it! I was using the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum which I liked a lot too but I was using it for 3 years and I think my hair got "used" to it. Anyway when I put this oil in my wavy hair before blow drying it, it made my hair feel so alive....soft and smooth and bouncy. I will totally buy this once my sample is gone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last update:
Well my hair just doesn't like this product. I am finding now that it is drier outside this causes a lot of static. Sigh. Up for swap it goes.

Updating again:
So I find this product to be ok. I am finding that it is drying out my hair some so I have to rotate it now. I don't like the glass bottle. And for the price I won't repurchase it. I find my Enjoy shine and smooth is a lot better.

Update:
So I decided to try this a different way. On more dry hair then damp. And wow does it work better! Killed all the frizz and made my hair smooth. yay!

Well I am the only one that isn't wowed by this I guess. I use it as the bottle says but my hair isn't amazing with it. It isn't any smoother and doesn't seem to control the frizz. I will back to Enjoy shine and smooth. I like it much more then this and it costs a ton less!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally, I try to avoid products that are really heavy in silicones, but this stuff is my only exception! It is only available in salons or to professionals (I am a cosmetology student and will be licensed in 5 months, so I have a card that allows me to shop in professional only supply stores). I recently had to attend Emiliani's American Glamour Festival with my class and at the show, the Moroccan Oil counter was giving away free little bottles of the stuff.. I got about 5 of them lol.

Although it is an oil, it is extremely light and not greasy. It contains Argan oil, a Mediterranean oil that comes from the Argan tree, which grows in South West Morocco, it produces fruits similar to olives only bigger and rounder. Inside the fruit grows a large nut that houses up to three almond-shape kernels which are the source of the oil.

Anyway, I like it because it smoothes away frizzies, flyaways and conditions the hair. It even has a cumulative conditioning effect if used regularly, and there is no build up. It actually speeds up drying time by 40% as well. From a professional's standpoint, I like how it can be incorporated into haircoloring. I can apply it to the clients hair before applying color and I can mix it into any haircolor preparation and it actually helps to protect the hair from chemical damage as well as help the color develop better and more dimensional and glossier. I always keep a tiny bottle of it with me just in case of hair emergencies (my friends are always asking me to borrrow it! lol). When working on a client, I apply about a dime sized amout (more or less depending on the length, thickness, and texture of hair) to my clients towel dried hair before performing a blowout, this way it cuts drying time, and conditions and adds a ton of shine to the hair. After the blow out, I apply a small drop to dry hair just to smooth it out and protect it from things like environmental stress, heat styling, and UV damage. Clients love this stuff! Plus it gets them in and out quicker. It is pretty expensive, thank goodness for my professional's discount....even though Iv'e got enough free trial sized bottles to last me a pretty long time! =)

I definately recomment this product, unless you are against using silicones in your hair, otherwise, I think everyone would like it! =)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even better than your first day hair (after using this product) is your second-day hair! My color-treated hair has body, bounce and shine that I thought were long-gone. One of my best hair investments ever!! I just appled a dime-size amount to damp hair and I let my hair air-dry. I woke up to beauitfully coiffed hair. So, thank you, MUA ladies, as I would never have found this if it weren't for your reviews. So now, I have some hair products to swap for you!! Bye, bye Jonathan!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jpmayo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just started using this oil for my super curly hair, to straighten it, after getting a blow-out last week and I LOVE it!
I just dried my hair and it was super fast and my hair is so shiny and smooth.
Before this I was using Bumble and Bumble Straight and i'll never go back to it:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love this hair oil. It takes half the time for me to dry my hair and is making my hair so shiny and soft! I've only used it twice and I can already see the difference.

Update 9/21/09:
I love this product but I'm allergic to it! It makes my neck break out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

THIS is seriously my HQ hair product. It smells like a faint musk (in a good way). You only use a teensy bit, rub it between palms, dispense throughout damp hair. Then, do your thing with the hair dryer and straighter/curling iron --- you're hair will look shiny and feel so SOFT. I will never use another leave in conditioner (b/c this stuff trumps all that crap). The glass bottle sucks, as others have mentioned, but I'm thinking of transfering mine into plastic so I don't have to worry. The bottle will last and last...and last. You get 3.4 ounces. THANK YOU to my hairdresser for turning me on to this stuff. HG. LOVE!