October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to look like a Debbie Downer but this powder didn't work amazingly as it did for some reviewers here. It actually did make my face look cakey a couple times, and I was using a very tiny amount.

Pros:
    + It really does mattify your face. If you use a foundation that makes your face shiny or glowy when you don't want that, this powder really helps to reduce that shine. If the shimmers in Revlon's PhotoReady bothers you, you can use this to make the shimmer less visible (just mentioning this since I see this as a main complaint for the product)
    + It keeps the oil away for hours. My face is relatively normal to oily, it's my nose that is very oily. I put some of this on my nose and the oil disappears for 5-7 hours. I don't need blotting papers!
    + This should last you a long time. When I use my Sephora powder brush, I do one quick swipe over the product and I see plenty of powder on my brush. No need to return for more. But this also slightly a con...
    Cons:
    - As I mentioned, this does make my face cakey sometimes. I think my brush picks up more product than it needs. I tap the brush to remove excess powder, but even then when I apply it to my face I see cakey-ness.
    - The packaging is awful. It looks cheap, and it's bulky because the back of it includes a little powder puff that is pretty much useless. I ended up removing the back side of the powder, now it's much slimmer and more travel friendly.
    - I'm not sure this product is worth $10, I know that is pretty cheap for drugstore but the price doesn't match the product (obviously just my opinion). I think I was overcharged since I see the typical price is almost $7, and at CVS it was a little less than $10.

I love that it keeps my oily nose under control, but I think I can find better. This definitely isn't HG for me.

EDIT: I'm starting to suspect that my foundation is causing the cakey look, not this powder. I still think it could cause problems if it's over-applied, but I'll add an extra point since it's not as disappointing as I thought.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lizzified

This powder is a lovely match for my skin and does not look unnatural at all :) However, the packaging leaves much to be desired! The sponge can get caught as you swivel the second compartment out, which is a real pain.

On the overall, I'm pretty happy with it. A worthy buy

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Carolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder, it gives a very sheer coverage, and such a pretty matte sheen to the face. I love the fact that it has a sponge and mirror even though i dont use that very often, but it's nice if you're not home and want to touch up. I haven't used this powder for awhile because mine is to fair for me right now, but i think i will buy a new one in a darker colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by leticia212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this just for touch ups during the day, I already spend enough on expensive foundations, blushs and concealors so I wanted to save a few dollars with this. Its an alright powder its not a finely milled powder so of course it doesn't look amazing on the skin, but it is 8 bucks so I don't expect much. It does do the job though for quick touch ups during the day :) keeps shine to a minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by paintsmeblue

This is the first powder I've ever used and I use it to set my foundation and it works great. I would repurchase it for sure unless I find another powder but this is still a good simple powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by d0r0thyy

I ABSOLUTELY I LOVE THIS POWDER! I bought this powder as a setting powder for my foundation and I absolutely love it. It is sheer, but does have color to it. I love how it gives my face a matte look and now that I've gotten tan, I use it as a nice highlighting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by m1ch3ll13c

aw man.. i liked it so much too...but it made me breakout with cystic acne :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of three pressed powders out of the million I have tired that I love.

It blends flawlessly and never looks powdery or cakey. Good color matches. Good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first and only powder i use.
    i simply love it. it lasts a long time, and the colour matches my skin lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by suzieskisinthepyranees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

1 word: FLAWLESS!!!!!!! sooo soft..GO GET IT!!!!!! NOW!!!!!
    it's sooo cheap worth a try...lol. kinda over priced at CVS though like $8.00 but whatever. Walmart's probably a lot cheaper!!!!! :D thank you mua!!! I would have never picked this up w/ out you guys!!!!! <3 !!!!