August 1, 2014 | 1277 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My wonderful boyfriend bought this brush for me as a late Xmas gift. I had heard of the raves for this brush here and on youtube, every makeup guru has one. When I first got it I have to admit that I was very skeptical. The brush really did not look like it could do much. But I always knew I could return it if I didn't like it. I think the best thing to do is wash the brush as soon as you get it, I let it dry and noticed it "fluffed up" a lot. I used it the next night to apply my study fix fluid. I take some fdtn, apply it on my skin with my fingers, then I lightly dot or stipple the fdtn with the brush all over, then I lightly swirl to blend. I honestly did not think the brush would be able to blend the fdtn with the flimsy bristles but I was VERY wrong. Not only does it blend, it blends beautifully and flawlessly, no streaks at all. The only place that is a bit tricky to blend is around the nose area. The brush is very soft and I've had no shedding from it at all. It makes you skin look for smooth and fresh, GAH airbrushed even. The brush was 42$ and I know that seems a bit expensive, but it really was worth it seeing I use it almost everyday. If you are going to splurge on yourself I say do it with the 187, you won't be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

great brush, but too pricy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely makeup dumb. Not good at applying makeup due to shaky hands/bad eyes/an inability to see streaks or flaws or anything. For (IMO) the most complicated component of beauty, liquid foundation, someone like me needs the 187 brush.

It makes putting the foundation on so easy. Also, it looks flawless. What you do is dab the top of the brush in the foundation, then dot it all around your face. Then, blend it all in with the brush using circular buffing motion.

44 dollars is a ton of money to spend on a brush. However, it is definitely worth it if you are like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by joshuaxcore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

With a wide barrel, synthetic and natural dual phase, and multi-use functionality, this brush will enhance product application, immensely. Breakdown:
Pro: Long barrel, clever use of fiber optics and goat hair, can be used to apply wet and dry formulas, Offers the ability to create a wash of sheer cheek color, can easily give the novice makeup artist professional results that yield little difficulty, works well with liquid foundation giving a thin, and even coverage, works well with finishing powders delivering just the right amount of product to the plane of foundation.
Con: Is not useful for cream based product application, although the brush's functionality is not spared by time, the aesthetic nature is (the goat hair dries and gets frizzy), Must be cleaned very often, difficult to travel with, can be tedious in application of a high coverage powder finish.
Personal thought: I would recommend getting at least two as they soil easily. I prefer my 190 over the 187 for liquid application (Iím OCD about exact application when it comes to liquid foundation), although I use the 187 to blend liquid into my neck. Works well when setting liquid with Mineralize Skin Finish Natural pressed powder. I have a full sized that stays at home and a short handle edition for school touchups. (Iím that vain boy in the bathroom mirror between every class)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by willozza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I got it as a result of the high reviews on MUA and I don't regret it one bit. I use it to apply my foundation and powder. It gives my face a soft airbrushedlook. You can also use it to apply other products like blush, bronzer etc. However, the problem with that is that the brush will get quite dirty with all these products on it. So, it's probably best to get a 2nd brush if you would like to use other poducts. But that's only if you have extra $$$ lying around becuase this brush is pretty expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Irishgurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hummed and hawwed over whether I really needed this brush, because i use my fingers to apply foundation, but being the addict i am - it went on my christmas wishlist, and my brothers girlfriend kindly got me it.

I used this to apply blush and it is just perfection. MSF's - perfection. It makes your cheeks glow...well, the msf helps, but you know what i mean.

So far that's all I've used this for but i'm sure it will be perfect for blending creme blush out too, and I might even give it a go with foundation.

I LOVE this and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Exotichris

I recommend this brush 100% to all of you who need to apply blush, powder, highlighter or fluid foundation.
It makes things easier and way better.
It blends MU seamlessly with your skin or will finish your MU with powder and is so soft!
So professional, like a celebrity look, you can achieve it with the 187.
At $42 +tax is expensive, but it's an investment so at the end is as important as getting lets say good skincare.
You will notice the difference, go and get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by km1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

believe the hype!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by twaliany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Thats all i can say. I already used to get compliments on my skin, but this takes it to a whole new level. Just buy it and see.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is pretty good for applying my Studio Fix Fluid, and it blends very well but it's difficult to maneuver around the eyes and nose and leaves streaks. Mine also sheds alot even after I've washed it several times. It sorta makes me look cakey. For the price I was expecting better results but I'm still fairly happy with it. It makes my pores look bigger around my nose, if it wasn't for that I would've given it 5 lippies but it still applies so evenly and looks pretty flawless. I just bought the 109 brush after hearing the reviews and can't wait to try it!