September 23, 2014 | 1794 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by twelvesixteen

"Yes, I would buy this product again" is really "yeaaa--maybe I would buy this product again". I've recently become really interested in makeup since I've gotten over some terrible derm problems and my derm has given me the OK to experiment with makeup. My biggest issue right now is finding a cream or gel eyeliner that works for me, my shaky hands, and my forever-oily eyelids. So far I haven't had much luck with anything, apart from my one (okay, two - the second one being Diorshow mascara) eyeliner that I can't live without, the Dior waterproof crayon liner in Trinidad black. It's perfect, glides on so smoothly, and comes off easily (when I want it to!). But I've also discovered the winged liner look and I think it makes my eyes look a lot better and bigger, and it's kind of a pain to go in coloring like a 5 year old with a kohl liner.

This is an okay liner for the price. It's kind of smudgy and there's not a great color payoff, but the brush that it comes with helps, and it's pretty creamy and easy to warm up on the skin. I've worn it out in public twice... it smudged both times, even though I was wearing primer, and wore off after a few hours, but that's to be expected with my oil-slick eyelids.

Would I buy this again? Maybe if I find some way to keep it on my eyes and a better way to apply it (a different brush maybe?). Would I recommend it to a friend? Meh. Overall, semi-disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by xPeekaboox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner yesterday for almost about $13. (It was $12 something)
This was my first time buying a gel eyeliner.
The only thing I like about this eyeliner is that it is highly pigmented.. but my wing that I drew started smudging after about 2 1/2 hrs which isn't that great.
I work as a camp counsellor at the moment.. so this clearly proves that it's not sweat-proof.
But on the package, it said that it was waterproof.
I would not pay this much money to buy something that is not water/sweat-proof. But the packaging is pretty okay and so is the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by giantsushi

It has a great formula, smooth and so easy to use! Plus its a great matte black color, and it is one of the basic essentials. It does smudge after a while, and it is not waterproof. Smudging is a bigger factor though. The brush wasnt so bad, I didnt mind using it, but a proper liner brush will provide more control. It didnt dry out for me yet, and it's been past 6 months now.. but it is starting to dry up. I haven't tried MAC's blacktrack or other high end gel liners yet, but so far this product provided what I wanted.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by taymstaub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I loved this product! The liner glides on easily and stays on forever. The only bad part is that the brush is TERRIBLE so I recommend getting a quality eyeliner brush to use this with. It can be a little clumpy at times and it doesn't wash off cleanly at all. However, it's worth it because of how it looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i love this! i had mine for a year and i still use it. it didnt dry out on me yet. its super creamy, at wal mart this retails for about 11-13 dollars. it glides on my eye. and the color that i have it in is black, and it is super black (: i love this! and the brush that it comes with is absolutely amazing. i will definetely repurchase this (: the only bad thing about this is that it kinda creases, because i dont have a huge crease. but i can just prevent that by priming and wiping it off my crease throughout the day. and the color stays on my lash line if it creases

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslocks6

HORRIBLE! This teeny weeny tub dries out within a week. It's not waterproof and can smudge causing the Panda look! Have to wait ages for it to dry. Horrible product.

The only good thing is the nice brush you get with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Veee07

This is a nice cheaper alternative to the higher end products. I did loose the brush within the first week of purchasing and had to go out and buy a new brush. The formula is smooth and literally lasts all day...even all night if i forgot to wash my face. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by tstimbert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have any bad things to say about this product; there's enough product for the jar and price. I don't particularly like the brush that came with it for use with this liner, but I use it all the time for putting color on the inner corner or smudging liner. My favorite pencil brush replacement! I prefer an angled brush for a clean line with gel liner.

UPDATE: I actually love the brush that came with it for gel liner. Its tip is thin enough and flexible enough for whatever I need.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

This stuff doesn't stay on my eyelids for longer than 5 hours. It isn't as dark as I would like it to be either. The brush that comes with it isn't bad though. The wet and wild cream liner is much better compared to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by KiwiPi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about this eyeliner at first--not a big Maybelline fan. Turns out, though, that it works great. I wear quite a bit of eyeliner most days, either a cat-eye or a smokey eye, and this works great for both. I use it more often for a smokey eye, because it's blendable and looks great when I smudge it up with eyeshadow. Generally, doesn't budge, but does bleed a little bit toward the inner eye corner (sometimes I fill in the more moist eye areas w/Jemma Kidd i-tech liquid liner in Sculpt, because that stuff NEVER budges until you tell it to). This gel liner is actually better than others I have tried, including Pixi's. The best part: THE BRUSH ROCKS!!!! I use it for all of my gel liners, and just clean it after I'm done. Looking forward to trying the eggplant color, because I haven't found a good eyeliner in that color yet and love to pair it w/my eyecolor (green).

UPDATE (7/21/11 EDIT): I did pick this up in Eggplant, yesterday, and tried it this morning. I do have to say I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping it would be an intense, dark purple, but it really isn't. It didn't apply all that well, either - got a little clumpy and flaky. I used it to make a purple smokey eye, layering NP Set eyeshadow from the Amsterdam trio, but in the end it still could have been darker. Will continue to experiment. Still a big fan of the black.