April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

i didn't like this gel liner cause it doesn't last long and it doesn't glide on very well

i hated the brush that came with it so i would use a regular eyeliner brush

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an eh-product. For a drugstore liner, I found it to be pretty expensive (I want to say I spent like, $9 on it). For a few dollars more, you could get Mac Blacktrack Fluid Line, and for a few dollars less, you could get the Wet N Wild cream liner, which I like much better. The pigmentation and texture of this liner leaves much to be desired- it doesn't apply evenly, and gives the look of a pencil liner rather than a pigmented, rich cream liner. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product retails for $9.99 at the Target I visited. This is the dupe for Bobbi Brownís Long Wear Gel Liner in Black Ink. Maybellineís gel liner includes (0.1 oz) of the gel liner in a glass container and a travel sized eyeliner brush. From the packaging, it looks like youíre getting a lot of product, but if you examine it carefully, youíre really getting a portion of that. The liner applies on smoothly and is quite moist! Iíve used the product for 6 months so far and the product applies the same as if I just purchased it. I was very impressed! It product applies on great on top of primer and eyeshadow. For the duration of the day, the liner did not crease whatsoever. The included eyeliner brush is awesome! Itís similar to the Bobbi Brown brush but the Maybelline brush head is slightly smaller. And well because itís travel sized obviously the length of the brush is small but not bad whatsoever! You can use the brush over and over! Whatís a steal! This product comes in three colors: 1) Obviously, Black, 2) Brown, and 3) Plum. Price comparison, Bobbi Brownís Long Wear Gel Liner costs $21.00 and the Ultra-Fine Eyeliner Brush costs $25.00. Depending where you shop, you can save at least $35.00!! You can purchase all three colors with what you saved!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by sweetlemons

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Put it this way, I did not expect this product to be as good as it is! This has been my first gel liner purchase, I wanted to try out a gel but I didn't want to have to stretch towards MAC or Bobbi Brown.
Firstly, I thought the brush would be total crap but it is actually very, very good! I can draw fine lines very well and I can really get close to my lash line with this - I love the brush A LOT. Its great because I didn't want to have to buy a seperate brush and it comes in a really cute package with both items together.
The gel is great too, but as I mentioned I have no other comparisons, but for me it is great! Just the right consistency allowing me to effortlessy draw neat lines - and let me tell you I am terrible at eyeliner!! Eyeliner pens/liquid liner brushes just don't do it for me but with this Maybelline one I get it right every time! It's almost a miracle to me! The price was great for it; around £6 if I remember correctly and with the amount of gel included I won't need to repurchase for a LONG time.
I am yet to experience drying out as I've heard happens however the packaging is great, the lid closes tightly and I love the frosted jar.

Also as for the "lasting" claim, no eye product (expensive or not) have lasted on for hours on end for me, so it may fade a little by the end of the day but I can't expect any more until I buy an industrial strength one - so in that respect I am happy with it.
Definite recommendation from me, go buy it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPanda916

So I'm in LOVE with Maybelline products! They have some of the best drugstore eye products! This is the only gel eyeliner I've ever tried so I can't compare it to any other gel liner. I got mine in blackest black. I bought mines back in November/December time and it's June now. It lasts a very long time! I use an angled Eco Tools eyeliner brush and it's great. I use this on my upperlash line and my lower water line. The staying power of this liner is amazing. One thing I don't like is this dried out. I do wet my brush a teeny bit before applying this and that helps a lot from dryness. So the dryness, I don't mind at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I bought this along with WnW gel liner and this one is disappointing. Even though the color comes off intense black, does not last very long and the product itself dried up after one month. This gel liner did flake and was not waterproof while WnW gel liner is still smooth and long lasting after 3 months.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE the colors. The brown gives me a very natural look and I have even gotten compliments on how pretty I look with such light make up on. I only wear mascara on a day-to-day basis. Eyeliners are a sometimes... so when I wear this brown one, people say I have an extra 'glow' to me. It's a nice compliment!

Anyway, it's too bad it smudges on my eyelids. I've heard a lot of "smudge-free/water-proof" stuff about this but with my eyelids, they are NOT. Even with Urban Decay Primer Pot, it smudges soon. I have asian half mono-lids, so most eyeliner smear on me, so it is no surprise, but I thought it would last a lot longer.

It's too bad. I love the color and how easy it is to glide on. However, it seems I can only ever wear this during short trips out or else I find myself constantly digging for my mirror! The price was nice because I also got myself a decent brush for future gel liners! However, I would definitely NOT repurchase this because of the smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by EuphoricMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only drugstore eyeliner I've tried so far that I liked. The black liner is really pigmented, and the little brush that is included is excellent. It is sturdy but flexible, doesn't splay, and is small enough to allow for precision (moreso than any other e/l brush I've used) and thin lines. This is also great to use on the waterline. This liner lasts longer than other d/s liners I've used, but unfortunately, still doesn't last long on its own. After about an hour, I'll find slight smudges underneath the outer corners of my eyes. It does hold up well when used with a primer and eyeshadow to set, as does any other eyeliner. Love the sturdy jar too. I've dropped this twice and not a single crack or scratch to be found. Right now this is my go-to liner for its pigmentation, ease of application, decent staying power, and price, shall other liners fail me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried quite a few gel liners, and I saw a glowing review of this eyeliner on youtube so I decided to give it a go. The packaging is typical of most gel liners, and comes with a little brush to use. I actually quite like the brush a lot more than I expected to, its easy to get a neat line. I liked how you can build up the intensity as well, as it doesn't have the most pigmentation in the world, but that can easily be fixed. As far as this "lasting 24 hours" as the packaging claims, I'm calling malarkey. If you have oily lids this absolutely will not last all day (much less 24 hours, and why would you want that anyway you makeup junkie?! lol). I even used primer which didn't seem to make much of a difference, especially on one eye where it almost disappeared. Sad face. I should say the only eyeliner that seems to stay put on me all day is Make Up For Ever aqua liners or Wet n Wild h2o proof liquid liner, both of which are not gel liners at all.
Overall, this isn't a bad gel liner, I just wish it had more staying power on me! For others this may very well work. Pigmentation is good, and I just love the little brush, this is saying a lot as I am a makeup artist and have a plethora of nice brushes already haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lashesandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the first gel/cream eyeliner I tried... after spending a long time thinking pencils were the best, I found out I was horribly wrong! This is very pigmented, yet build-able for very dramatic looks. I use this with my eco-tools angled liner brush (but the brush it comes with is OK too). I use this around on my lash line, tight-lining and on my waterline. It stays on forever. The price is not bad, as the product lasts quite a while. I haven't had any problems with drying or anything like that. Packaging is great. I love everything about this eyeliner.
EDIT: Had this for quite some time now, and still haven't experienced any drying out. Still love the liner!