July 26, 2014 | 892 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by RBBJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard from different reviews that this would be a topdollar product. So I decided to give it a try. Luckely it was on sale, I didn't even know untill the cashier told me the reduced price. Love it when that happens! :)

Getting of track here... The product is amazing! I ride my bike to work, and it (as almost the only thing) stays put! If I fall a sleep with this on, it doesn't budge. It's amazing!

When I run out I'll definately need to replace it!

The consistency is nice, comparable to any high street gel liner.

The design is luxurious!

All in all, you will regret not buying this product. It saves you money and time!

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by b_jones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eyeliner! For years I wore liquid eyeliner and they discontinued one of my favs. I tried this on a whim and to my surprise it is awesome. I thought that the pot was a bit small but it seems to last a long time. The applicator is even awesome...... I must admit I have a great love for high end make-up but this is my new fav. I keep catching buy one get one 50% off sales so I have been stck piling them cause I am scared ..... because my favorites always seem to be discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by karimill8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this eyeliner, after all the reviews, unfortunately that is not the case. The first day I used this it seemed I had found my HG eyeliner. Was easy to use, highly pigmented and had staying power. Then day 2 and 3 it went downhill. It dried out, almost cakey, was difficult to apply. HUGE disappointment. I read in another review that someone put water in there because theirs dried out too. Not a fan at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

**UPDATE** Unfortunately, I have to downgrade this product to a 3. It dries out too quickly in the pot, and I now know that it irritates my eye skin. I gets dry on the eye skin, which is noce for longevity (doesn't flake or anything), but makes it so difficult to remove. I"ll still use it for the occasional dramatic cat eye, but I can't wear it on a daily basis anymore. Plus, I think it's too expensive.

I LOVE this stuff. I wear a fair amount of eyeliner on a daily basis and have for years and years - sometimes I like the cat-eye, sometimes a modern smudged, sometimes a really dark heavy smoked eye, but the common denominator is BLACK BLACK eyeliner! I have tried many many liners and this is by far my favorite. Most pencils are either too skinny or too smudgy, or the auto-sharpening ones break off, so for a long time I was using a concoction of black eyeshadow mixed with eyelid primer which was working well. I was so happy to see a drug-store brand doing gel eyeliner - I couldn't be more happy with it. It stays on , it's super black, the brush that comes with it kicks ass, and I have gone through a whole jar without it drying up. I compared it with the E.L.F. cream eyeliner, and the E.L.F. was not as dark and it smudged more easily.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It's an HG product for me. I'm sure there are higher-end brands that are just as great or even better, but I'm a drug-store makeup gal and this stuff just rocks.

TIP: For smokey with this eyeliner, I do a thick line, then go over it with a small fluffy brush loaded with black eyeshadow, concentrating more on the ends. It blurs the line and looks great. If I want it even blacker, I will go over that again with the eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by misscal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it seems like $8.00 is a lot for this tiny little jar, but it definitely lasts. I wear eyeliner almost daily, so for me to say that it lasts means that moderate users will find this product valuable.

One of the nice things is that it automatically comes with the applicator. In stores like Sephora the applicator is sold separately and the cheapest ones (last time I checked) were $13.00! Mind you that is NOT including the eye liner gel itself.

I like the way the get rolls on. It takes time to learn to do it swiftly, but I think that's fair to say with any make up product. Once in a while I have to touch it up during the day, but it's not a terrible bother.

Over all it's good quality and a fair price. The only improvement that could be made is the brush bristle. Over time the tip sort of molds and so it can be difficult to clean it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my first gel eyeliner.. i brought maybelline because it was cheap i brought Blackest black, it was okay at first?! but it messes around with my eyelid and it's so greasy.. I have to say the truth but " NO EYELINERS HAVE EVER SMUDGED, CRACKED, RUIN or anything else!" because as I have literally ' normal skin " it's not dry or oily or sensitive or acne prone or anything else, therefore, no eyeliners actually smudge, or even budge, but this one.. HORRIBLE.
it smudged my lids and it feels so heavy and greasy and further months it even dried out!
pfft thank god it was cheap, and because i don't like wasting stuff i suppose this will just have to spent the rest of it's life in the drawer until i found a better use with this product
guys if you are hesitating to buy this product DONT BUY!
I suggest you to use makeupforever, Jillstuart ( beautiful packaging and lasts) smashbox and the KATE!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

For the price, this Maybelline Eyestudio gel eyeliner is a really good product. It exceeded my expectations. I lost my MAC blacktrack fluidline so I have been using Maybelline's gel eyeliner 24/7. The pointed brush that comes with it is decent but you have to wash it after every use. I actually use the brush to tightline my eyes with the gel eyeliner; however, I do not recommend using it to wing your eyeliner. If you are going for the cat eyeliner look, you are better off using an angled eyeliner brush. I have used Maybelline's Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner for almost a year and it still hasn't dried out! If you are interested in using a drugstore gel eyeliner, I highly recommend Maybelline's gel eyeliner over L'Oreal's Hip cream eyeliner and Wet and Wild's cream eyeliner. L'Oreal and Wet and Wild gel eyeliners dry out too quickly. I rated the Eyestudio gel eyeliner as a 4 because unfortunately, it will not last on the waterline on its own. If you want the gel eyeliner to last longer on the waterline, it's imperative that you prime the lower lash line with a primer such as Urban Decay primer potion or Too Faced Shadow insurance or your preferred primer. After I prime my lower lash line, I line my waterline with Revlon's colorstay pencil eyeliner. I then line my waterline with Maybelline's gel eyeliner. This method helps the product to last a little bit longer on my waterline. Since Maybelline is quite affordable, go ahead and try the eyestudio gel eyeliner. It might work for you! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by ayoitsanna

i bought this product somewhere in January, and it's rarely been used. i really love how this gave me a dramatic look, as it says. but unfortunately, i have raccoon eyes at the end of the day ): i'm not sure if it's just me, or the eyeliner. but it just doesn't last very long on my eyes. i don't think i would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the worst liner I've ever tried, but not the best. This was painfully average and unremarkable. After a few hours of wear, it began to flake, and the pigmentation was not very strong even after going over the lines several times. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the eyeliner I always end up coming back to. I've tried Bobbi Brown and MAC gel eyeliners and neither have the staying power nor pigmentation that I get with Maybelline. Love love love it!