Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 9/4/2011 1:22:00 PM

amazing inexpensive gel liner!

PROs :
-the black is so intense
-dry quick on the eye (idk if this is a pros or cons.. for me is a pros :)
-heavy texture so u don't need to re-apply
-long lasting
-doesn't fade easily
-easy to remove
-affordable price of course
-the packaging made from glass or something,so if it's dry u could sink into hot water :)
-have a good quality
-safe for sensitive eyes :)

CONs :
-dry really fast if u open the lid everytime u use it but you could use point 8 above ;p
-the packaging not too attractive i guess

on 9/4/2011 8:06:00 AM

This product is AMAZING :) It is by far the best Gel i've used. The brush is brilliant, it is so easy to apply. I used it for a college photo shoot and it stayed perfect didn't smudge and suited the diffrent models I used.
I will be buying this little beaut again for sure :) I want to try the other colours as I could only get my hands on black for now....

on 9/3/2011 12:16:00 PM

I got tired of using liquid eyeliner because it dries too fast, and then pencil doesn't quite work for me either. So I decided to give this a try when it came out. I have to say, It's very very nice! It has never smudged for the past...years that I have used it. I like how they give you a brush ( I kind of ruined it =(...) It's easy to put on, smooth and pigmented.

on 9/2/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love it. I'm glad I switched to this. The HIP cream liner always dried up and clumped. This goes on smooth and gives a fine line. I didn't use the brush that it came with though. I used a different kind of brush.

on 9/2/2011 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

WOW.... Now im the WORST Person when it comes to any kind of liner. Now everyones been on about how easy GEL LINER is so i thought if give it a shot. So instead of buying an overally expensive one, i decided to go cheap and buy a cheaper one instead just to give it a try. I bought the maybelline one and was surprised by the posh packaging which was a grey long thin carton shaped package with the gel-liner and applicator inside. I was pleased with that. So, my first attempt at the eyeliner and i failed.. miserably. I then removed it with a makeup wipe and tried again.. this time i did quite well and managed to create a perfectly straight line... i even added a decent flick!! This is really easy to use and creates PERFECT flicks!! I Would highly reccomend it as it easy to use, cheap, last agesss, and the packagings great!! ...Just remember... Practice makes perfect! x

on 9/2/2011 2:38:00 AM

This is my first gel eyeliner and absolutely like it! It's very easy to apply although i don't have much experiense of using gel eyeliner.

Colour: I have this eyeliner in 01 black. It looks on the eyes just like it looks in the package -true black.

How I use it: goes well both ways: as thin line for neutral day-time make up and as thick bridget bardo-style cat eye make up))). Usually I apple it with MAC angled brush (263 - bigger one or 208 - smaller one, haven't use brush that goes with this liner just because for me it's comfortabler to use MAC brushes - I'm used to them) And any black eyeshadow above - just to fix it a bit better.I think it's important to mention that I use primer. After all of this it stays forever!!... well, at least - one night out)))

Package: pretty nice, doesn' get broken in my big and heavy bag.

So, for now, after using it about a month - absolutely love it. Very possible will buy again

on 9/1/2011 2:15:00 AM

This is the first gel liner I've tried. It does the job (easy to apply, looks OK) but I'm still on the market for a smoother and more pigmented liner! I find mine to be on the dry side, sometimes it clumps and flakes when applying. It also has a slight sheen which is almost silvery. The brush works well with the product, so no need to switch to my angled brush. I probably wouldn't purchase this again.

on 8/31/2011 2:34:00 AM

I bought this in Sasa Singapore, its S$19, pricey compared to others reviewers stated. the counter girl said it's more expensive cause eggplant is the limited edition.
From the tube, the eggplant color seems very nice deep purple. When applying on lid.. i dont know how it turned to be reddish-brown close to maroon, with slight tint of purple. the wow about this products are glide easily on lid yet last all day on my very oily lid even without primer, and waterproof.
I prefer to use my own angle brush, the color is not intense though, sometimes could be a bit flaky when applying

on 8/28/2011 9:40:00 AM

Works well and does a good job on my eyes. Love it :)

on 8/27/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These are on key for being a drugstore gel liner. I have Blackest Black and Brown. They slide onto my lid very easily after I load up my brush. When I don't have my brush loaded up, however, they tend to be dry and not get the most perfect smooth line. I feel like I always have to be going back into the pot to get more liner on my brush because it's not gliding on very nicely.

After I get a nice line though, they last all day, even on my waterline. They don't crack, flake or dry up after hours and hours of wear which I love.

I would recommend these to people who are just starting out with makeup or gel liner since they are cheaper than higher end gel liners and come with a decent brush for application.

Video Reviews & Tutorials