November 22, 2014 | 896 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by munyeexD

At first, I really liked this item, so much so that I ended up buying the black, brown, eggplant, and (shiny grey/blue? I forget the name). However, this was when I was trying out a bunch of random eye liners. I found that this eye liner glide on smoothly, and when I wear it I apply with an Eco Tools eyeliner brush rather than the one given because I find that the brush they give you just doesn't work well. It looks great when you first put it on. However, as the day goes on it runs and smudges down your eyes, especially if you wear concealer, which has made me completely give up with this product. Wouldn't buy again, and I wish I hadn't spent all that money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by libra106

I got this around 3 months ago thinkin it's my first time trying gel liners. It was good at first but it got to an annoying point that it took more time to put on then a simple liquid liner. Even though i would recommend it for the hot summer times however i don't think i am going to purchase this product again. Probably it's just me not wanting to take a lot of time in the morning to put on a simple line on my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although I've only had this product a couple of weeks, it is doing the job. The past few months, I've been toplining my eyes. I like the end results of toplining and with the hot weather, I don't need my false eyelashes. I hate mascara so I'm not even going there.
Anyway, I had been using Sephora's Kohl waterproof eyeliner pencil and ended up with raccoon eyes and I cannot stand that.
So I saw this gel liner and decided what the heck--it was seven dollars so I picked it up.
Wasn't sure how I would like the brush, but I have to say, it is pretty darn good for the application. The gel glides on nice and creamy and has stayed in place. I haven't had raccoon eyes from this, so far so good. I'm not sure of the long-term effect, however. We'll see. I'll edit in a month or so to give a further review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by SweetTalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this eyeliner! It's my go to cream/gel liner. It has lasting power and doesn't smudge easily. Also, i really love the brush it comes with. In the past I used an angle brush from MAC (i can't remember the number) for my cream/gel liner, but, I use the one that came with this now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This was my second try with Lasting Drama. I determined it was a waste of money, but I didn't give it the full test. The reason I disliked it was because it takes a little while for it to actually set on your lids. It's not a wet formula, but it's not completely dry (where it's smudge- proof) until five minutes has passed. The texture is more like Clinique's gel liner than MAC's or Bobbi Brown's versions. There is a plus to the longer time, and it is easier to correct mistakes or get the hang of applying it. This is not waterproof however, and most gel liners are the same no matter what they claim. The brush is decent and quite soft, but it's firm enough to do the job. I think it's the best one the drugstore has to offer, and it also comes in more shades than basic black or brown. Update: I've had some lid transfer from time to time. So if you don't wear eye shadow with it, chances are high that it will transfer within an hour. I was wearing light matte shadows for a pin-up look. I'm going to start taking a blow dryer to it, on the cool setting. The liner seems to be drying out in the pan, and now it's almost exactly like the Clinique. The black pigment is now more opaque.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by sammiekewl

I gave a high rating but I would not buy this again.
Yea, when I first bought it I was like Omg awesomeeee.
PRO: When the liner was still fresh, it really stayed on all day, pigmented, creamy, glides on. The almost perfect eyeliner. I love the brush too.
After a few months, the formula remained creamy and smooth.
CON: However, after a few months, I realised that the liner smudges (but not raccoon eyes.). Also, it would not stay on as good as well. I always like to tight line my eyes, mascara and bam, good to go. But after months, I realised that the liner on my upper waterline would transfer to my lower waterline. Not good, it means it will smudge after a long day and I do not like black liner on my lower waterline. It would make my eyes look smaller.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

EDIT 10/20: Lasts ALL DAY without smudging/ panda-ing out on lower lash line. I think I might make out with it.

I really really like this! I haven't used gel liner (ever....okay at least not in a very long while) and I love the application of this. The brush is great, the packaging is chic, the color is rich and pigmented and goes on nicely.

I will say it transfers a little bit throughout the day when I wear on my upper lash line sans eye shadow. But for the crisp look for the majority of the day, I'll take the ups with the downs!

Really, really nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ErikaJanet

I decided to try this after trying the physicians formula gel tri for brown eyes, and I must say that the physicians formula was much better. This product smudged on me quickly, and transferred to my upper eyelid giving me this weird shadow there. I don't recommend this for anyone with oily lids

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by veck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all these reviews, I just had to buy it. I mean its honestly the only gel eyeliner I can find that isn't over $20.

I'll start off by saying its not the most amazing product ever, I expected better. The application isn't as nice as I would of wanted it to be, but it's still pretty smooth. I bought Charcoal ( I was actually going to buy the brown but I was worried that it wouldn't be as visible as the black).

The brush is another problem, its decent at best. I recommend buying a different one. But if you can't, then make sure you wash the brush by dipping it in a makeup remover liquid (I find that using warm water won't fully remove makeup residue, therefore the brush dries into hard bristles--which is annoying).

I will re-buy one more time until I find something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by wblassingame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in eggplant and it is not very pigmented IMO. I have not even attempted to wear it out because it looks as if I have nothing on. I have not tried the other colors, I will not purchase this color again.