MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is definitely a great eyeshadow base .. which color wise is about the only thing I can use this for. I'm still ultimately prefer the paints purely based on ease of application with the squeeze tubes (no digging into a pot to get the product) and it seems like with the paints, I have to use less. Painterly however is outstanding to use as a base. It brightens my whole eye area, blends wonderfully and really anchors my shadows well. This is basically the paint pot version of Untitled paint. I think just about anyone would be able to use this because it's completely neutral. Great addition to my collection!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I went to Nordstrom looking for an eye primer that is just as good or better than my urban D primer. The UDPP is just plain annoying with that stupid bottle it's in that keeps half the primer in there and that wond that wastes the primer. The lady at the Mac Counter (whom was extremely helpful and nice) suggested this. She said she likes it better than the UDPP. But then again so did the lady at Merle Norman who sold me their crappy eye primer. So I wasn't sure if she was trust worthy with saying that or not. But I went ahead and bought it anyway. It's a couple dollars cheaper, at about $16. UDPP is over $18. and it comes with a ton more.

I liked this primer. It isn't as good as the UDPP, but it's pretty close. As close as you're going to get. It lasts all day. It spreads good. Gives better coverage; evening my skin tone. It's smooth. Not drying. My eye shadow goes on great and lasts longer. Fading does acure with this primer, but it's not so bad that it's a deal breaker. I just love this. Great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today! After applying this with my finger, I feel as though its already doing wonders! My eyeshadow definitely shows more vibrantly, and it evens out my eyelids' skintone. After reading reviews between soft ochre and painterly I think soft ochre would have been a better pick. But then I realized painterly would be a better choice for me in winter as we all get the cold season tan, and soft ochre would be better for summer since summer goldens/tans us up anyways. I'm a nc30 and right now since its summer I should've gone for soft ochre, but painterly does the job good for now! I can always go back and purchase soft ochre anyway right? Thumbs up for paint pots!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am African-American and I use this to brighten my eyeshadows. I love it. It does look white on my lids but I'm covering it up so it doesn't matter. It works well and keeps my shadows on for a long time. I like it better than NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

OMG so i love this paint pot. at first i bought the paint pot in bare study, went home and tried it on, it was SOOOOO dry i could barely get any on my fingers, so after a few tries i finally got some on my lids and it was sooo hard to spread so the next day i went back to MAC and got it in painterly. am i glad i got it or not. i tried it on, it evens out the tones on my lid and my eyeshadow looks so nice on :) it stayed for about 12 hours today since i got up at 10 and did my make up and it still looked like i just put it on 12 hours later :) LOVEE IT it's so creamy too .. i'm sooo replacing this with my UDPP (which i don't like as much anymore ) it spreads so much better and a lot creamier than my UDPP. would def. repurchase once i run out.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Best eyeshadow primer/base I've ever used, hands-down. MAC eye products (eye shadows, Fluidline liner, etc.).usually irritate my eyes, causing them to water profusely. It's a real bummer since I'm a MAC lover for the most part. Bought a sample of Painterly Paint Pot from Makeup Geek since Marlena highly recommends the product in her tutorials. If I use a small amount on my lids, it doesn't cause irritation. I always go for the Painterly Paint Pot for those nights out on the town. It makes a smooth surface for makeup application and locks my shadow and liner in place for the entire night and into morning. The Painterly shade blends perfectly with my skin tone, too. For daytime, I prime my lids with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's a tad less expensive than the MAC Paint Pots. Don't quote me on that, though. A little of this product goes a long way. I highly recommend!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've brought this the other day and i feel that i can write a review. I love this paintpot. This is my second paintpot after buying Bare study a couple of months ago. I found Bare Study wasnt the greatest base for my eyeshadow but stuck to it anyway just to give it a good try, but i decided to by Painterly for a very neutral look when i go back to school and tried it today, well its great. Its more more "Tacky" then bare study which really helps my eyeshadow stick and stay in place. I thought it was the perfect base....untill i faded. I think its because i have very oily lids but this stuff and my eyeshadow faded within a couple of hours and even my fluidline was gone! I was so disapointed because i really wanted to it to work good for me. But i'm gonna try it with UDPP underneath and see what happens. Other then that its a great product
EDIT: Tried this today over UDPP. Stayed in place all day!!.

Paint pot in paintrly ---

I love this mac paintpot , its amazing .. even if you are using it as a primer its awesome . It takes along time for this to crease. The texture Is okay i guess it could be worse but it could be better. The color pay off is really good it just makes your eyelid even.

The packaging is really good .. but I cant say i dont like the pot because i dont like any pots , i use my finger to apply the product but, i have longer nails and when i get down on my paint pots to get the product i have to basicly poke my hole finger in the pot and then after i get what i want , under nealth my finger nail is full of paint pot.

I understand that alot of people dont like this product ... well from the reviews on here ..

but overall i love this product and i defently will buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use Painterly paint pot as a primer more than a color because it almost exactly matches the skin on my eyelids and conceals blue shadows and very fine red veins there. I love the smooth, powdery texture and how it really grabs the eyeshadow I apply on top, leaving me crease-free all day. The only thing I don't like is how Painterly darkens the highlighter colors I apply above the crease, making them appear almost a dark pink (basically turning them all into MAC 'Bisque' e/s).

One day I goofed and got some on the corner of my outer eye. I was about to wipe it away, but I noticed that my blue shadows seems less visible. I hadn't applied undereye concealer yet, so I tilted my head down, located my dark shadows and dabbed on some Painterly with my fingers. Shadows completely gone!

I then used Painterly around my nose to hide some of the redness. Worked beautifully. Further encouraged, I dabbed some around my lip line to create a perfectly bare canvas for lip liner and lipstick, which turned out to be even more helpful on the days when I wanted a more nude look. And it makes an ideal base for a dramatic red lip.

The Painterly paint pot has now completely replaced all concealer products on my fair, neutral/cool (MAC NW15) skin. I had been using a yellow-based concealer (NC20), but Painterly must be neutral enough that it conceals both blue and pink. And, unlike the tacky textures of the concealers, which tend to melt and fade on my part-oily skin, the paint pot applies more smoothly and blends much better without my having to rub. It dries to a powder, and stays put ALL DAY.

Best of all, after 2 weeks using it this way, I have had no breakouts around my nose or mouth, so it looks like I can keep using it as both an eye primer and a concealer. I'll still use it on lids only, and I'll switch to TFSI from crease to brow bone to avoid changing the colors of my highlighter.

UPDATE [12/16/09 edit] I still adore this base, but now that the weather is colder and drier, I am finding it works much less well as a concealer, especially under the eyes. Things are starting to look a little cakey, and I developed some milia near the outer corners of my eyes, but as an eye shadow/primer, Painterly can't be beat for fair-to-medium, cool-toned skins.

I love this! I got a sample and then bought it since it completely matches my skin colour and removed the lines etc on the eyelid. I know others use UDPP before using this but I use it alone and then add eyeshadow and I don't have any creasing. I will continue to use this over UDPP, which I also love. If I don't take my eye makeup off at night the eyeshadow is the exact same the next day and no need to reapply. Hope they never discontinue! Plus the jar will last for a long time as I'm still working on the sample that has lasted for weeks!

Top Rated MAC Products