Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 5/29/2002 10:04:00 PM

actually this product isn't all bad...at first i used it...and my skin dried out...and now i've tried it again it works really well! what is up with that? my skin is soo strange!! but it isn't too bad...i use it to remove my makeup after school...it's not bad

on 5/27/2002 8:14:00 AM

This is one of my all time favorate cleansers. I have been using it for about five years. And no matter what else I try; I always come back to it! I love the scent and the light foamy feel of this cleanser. It easily removes all traces of makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. Some reviewers noted that this cleanser was drying for them, and this is not the case for me...but my skin leans toward the oily side of combo. You only need a small amout of this product to wash your face, so a bottle lasts forever!!! I would highly recommend for people with combo-oily skin.
Edited: this is slightly drying to my new routine with Retin-a/avita...but I am sure that it will be just fine for summer months (and I have sucessfully used this while on retin-a in the past)

on 5/27/2002 12:28:00 AM

I love this cleanser. It's gentle, yet it leaves my face make-up free and clean. I'd buy this again.

on 5/18/2002 9:56:00 PM

I seriously think this is the best cleanser i've ever used.
I've tried so many! Using this at night and the N. Extra Gentle cleanser in the mornings has worked perfectly for me. I have combination skin, and after reading these reviews, i think this cleanser must be perfect for combo and oily skin types. I haven't found it to be drying, like some mentioned, but i think that's because i use the alcohol-free toner right after washing, so i balance myself out! lol
Also, i usually have at least one spot going on somewhere on my face, and after using this for a week, i can honestly say that my face is completely clear! I still can't believe it(no jinx please!). All i have are some regular marks from spots a couple weeks ago. :)
One of my favorite things about this face wash is that you only need less than half a pump of the bottle to cleanse your face. It's Great! And so is the price. I highly recommend this and i know i'll be buying it for a long time.

on 5/15/2002 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser for my oily acne-prone skin. It is not harsh at all, and water and glycerin are the two main ingredients. The foaming agent is ALS, so it is much milder than other cleansers. It removes oil and makeup, foams lightly, smells nice, and doesn't overstrip and dry. It leaves my skin feeling soft!

on 5/14/2002 9:38:00 PM

Bittersweet. That sums up my feelings on this. True since I've started using it my skin is happy go lucky - no (fingers crossed) breakouts or overdrying and it does remove everything (mascara, etc.) but Neutrogena does animal testing which unfortunately for my face is a big no-no with me. Looks like I will be moving to the PC cleanser as soon as my bottle is empty - same idea w/ no animal testing. continued >>

on 5/3/2002 1:09:00 PM

This is my favorite face wash. I use other brands but always come back to this one. It takes all my makeup off in one fell swoop, and doesn't sting my eyes at all!! Hooray for neutrogena! This cleanser is also gentle but foamy - a combo I don't often find.

on 4/22/2002 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

This is a really good cleanser for my oily/combo skin. Doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry.

on 4/12/2002 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser for my combo skin! It cleans off all make-up and cleanses skin at the same time. Just be sure to moisturize well after using this product.

on 4/2/2002 11:32:00 AM

This left my face feeling dry and tight. It didn't remove my eyemakeup well, and I had use lots more moisterizer than I usually wear to combat the dryness from the cleanser. Olay's Sensitive Fragrant Free Face Wash was much better on my skin. It still didn't remove my eyemakeup well but at least it didn't dry my face out.