Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Lauryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycereth 7, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Stearate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance

on 1/11/2003 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome -- I didn't think just using a cleanser with my hands (without an extra scrubber of some sort) would get my face clean, but it does a great job. It removes eye makeup very well, which makes it perfect for travel, too. It has never irritated my eyes, and while it can sometimes be a little drying in the winter (even on my very oily skin), I just follow it right away with Neutrogena's alcohol-free toner and a moisturizer and I'm good to go. Great scent, too. Excellent product!

on 12/29/2002 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a great cleanser for my normal skin. It is not too drying, not too oily, and it does a great job cleansing. It also smells really nice.

on 12/9/2002 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser for sensitive, acne prone skin like mine. It removes all makeup (I gave it the toner test). A big bonus is that it easily removes mascara without irritating the eyes. I used to use Cetaphil for my sensitive skin, but this cleanser is much more thorough and doesn't dry out my skin (I also use a retin-a gel so I have to be careful). No sodium lauryl sulfate.

on 11/20/2002 9:02:00 PM

such such SUCH a great cleanser - for me, it gets satisfyingly foamy and really removes every speck of makeup. I use it twice daily, year-round, and have no dryness issues (I have combo skin). *so* recommended. ***ETA: oh noooo, I believe the formula of this cleanser has changed!!! my last two bottles have been much less effective and have left me with some terrible breakouts. I've since switched to Kiehl's Non-detergent Foaming Cleanser, and my skin is much, much happier.

on 9/25/2002 12:16:00 PM

I initially liked how it cleaned my face (even though I always hated the smell), but it started giving me rough patches of dry skin. So into the trash can it goes, and back to good old fashioned Cetaphil as the search continues for my favorite cleanser.

on 9/17/2002 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After peeking at a client's skin care stash,I decided to get this-my skin has done a real turn around from dry/slightly combination to major oil slick in the t-zone.I really feel as though my skin is clean after using this,and it doesn't irritate me.

on 9/11/2002 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this cleanser more than many other expensive ones I've tried. It takes off all my make-up, oil, and dirt without drying out my skin at all. I take one point off since it irritates my eyes a bit. Otherwise, a great buy for those with oily/combination skin.

on 7/18/2002 6:29:00 PM

This did remove my makeup, but it was super-drying! I would not use this again.

on 5/29/2002 10:04:00 PM

actually this product isn't all bad...at first i used it...and my skin dried out...and now i've tried it again it works really well! what is up with that? my skin is soo strange!! but it isn't too bad...i use it to remove my makeup after school...it's not bad

on 5/27/2002 8:14:00 AM

This is one of my all time favorate cleansers. I have been using it for about five years. And no matter what else I try; I always come back to it! I love the scent and the light foamy feel of this cleanser. It easily removes all traces of makeup and leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh. Some reviewers noted that this cleanser was drying for them, and this is not the case for me...but my skin leans toward the oily side of combo. You only need a small amout of this product to wash your face, so a bottle lasts forever!!! I would highly recommend for people with combo-oily skin.
Edited: this is slightly drying to my new routine with Retin-a/avita...but I am sure that it will be just fine for summer months (and I have sucessfully used this while on retin-a in the past)