August 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Indians have been using coconut oil on their hair for ages - thankfully, this tradition has been passed on to me. I use it as a pre-wash conditioner and it transforms my hair's texture. It also does wonders for my scalp. awesome stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE COCONUT OIL! I CANNOT say enough about it! I reccommend it to everybody who wants smooth silky skin and hair and whatevers :) I use this almost DAILY, I can honestly say that I can't live without it! This handy dandy oil can literally (almost literally) be used for anything. Uses:
#1: I use this as a hair conditioner, it eliminates tangles, makes my hair soft and shiny, and its NATURAL! Whoa baby. Followed up with Giovanni Golden Wheat (deep cleanse) shampoo.
#2: I also use it to remove my eyeliner! It does a pretty amazing job!
#3: Oh my goodness. This makes my skin UBER soft, it's not even funny. You just massage it into your skin after opening up your pores or w/e and its PHENOMENAL. I am not overreacting.
#4: I also wash my face with this and its has LOVELY moisturizing powers, totally not an understatement. It doesnt make my face oily. I even follow up with moisturizer.
#5: I have cooked eggs with this (because the only thing I know how to make is eggs) and it works as well as any other oil! The only thing is, well at least for the CO i use, is that its organic and probably has better health benefits than your average cooking oil :D

So bottom line: GET SOME ;) Kinda expensive, which is a boo.. but you know, for something that will last about 2 years for so many uses (5 for me, and maybe more!), it's worth every penny.

P.S: The one I use is jarrow extra virgin organic coconut oil.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I use a cooking grade, random-brand type coconut oil, so I can't weigh in on the extra virgin vs. normal oil issue, but I've been using this as a leave-in hair treatment (I just need a smidge for my very short hair) and quite like it as an all-natural treatment...it does give texture without too much weight, which is very cool. It's become a staple for me though mostly for removing my eyeliner at night. This really does get every last trace off, I don't wake up with smudges the next day, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. The only reason it doesn't get a solid 5 is because I'm still waiting to see whether it'll make me breakout. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE: Doesn't break me out, and my eyelashes are looking better than ever, and falling way less. Couldn't ask for anything better. Also use it as a body oil and it makes my skin baby soft..I'm just not the hugest fan of the smell, but that's a small price to pay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best makeup remover I've ever used, it gets off everything and doesn't sting my eyes or irritate my skin. It is also awesome for a deep condition treatment for your hair. Once you use coconut oil for your makeup remover, you will never use any other makeup remover ever. Just rub some where you put makeup on and wipe off with tissue paper and then just go on with your regular facial routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ItsADewsy308

I have been using the coconut version of MONOI TIARE TAHITI oil. While I have tried the vanilla scented oil, I find the coconut scented version is much more natural. I use this for EVERYTHING! It's a great winter moisturizer as it soothes dry chapped skin, but it absorbs quickly enough that you can use it in summer too! I use this on my entire body every night before I go to bed and awake with supple, smooth skin and just a hint of the coconut scent lingering. On Saturday night, I apply a small amount to the ends of my hair while my hair is dry and in the morning, VIOLA! smooth, shiny and healthy looking locks. It is way better than it's $50 cousin from Nars and it's only $6 to boot! I get it at myvitanet.com. They have a a variety of scents and they even have a tinted version for a slight shimmery tan! My HG moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mollybloom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to tell you about something that is going to blow your mind. Bear with me.

I know how to use coconut oil to make your teeth very white. I mean whiter than any kind of dental procedure. You take a tablespoon of coconut oil, and swish it around your mouth for about 20 minutes each morning. Well, 5 minutes up to 20 if you can. I know, sounds weird, but it's an ancient Ayurvedic practice called oil pulling.

You will be shocked. Whiter teeth in one week. And, here's the big thing, coconut oil is antibacterial and antiviral, so anyone with receding gums or gum issues...well say buh bye to that. Your dental hygienist will ask you what the heck you are doing!!

Google "oil pulling" if you don't believe me. It's the bomb.

One more thing, this has been known to get rid of the bumps from "chicken skin" or also known as Keratosis Pilaris. It's one of the only things known to get rid of the rough skin out there.

Also, the oil is absorbed into your body sublingually, so you'll notice less scaly elbows and heels.

I know, you think I'm nuts. I am so not lying about this. Try it and let everyone know.

Molly

179 out of 188 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use about a teaspoon on my hair, melting it in my hand before rubbing it through the ends and leaving in overnight (with a shower cap on. Very sexy.) I find that it washes out easily in the morning with just a mild shampoo, and leaves the ends of my hair much softer and less straw-like. I can't say that it looks amazingly different but it's great to be able to get a comb through it without snappage, even after I've been in the rain and wind. I use it once a week so my ginormous tub should last for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by wrinklefree

I love this for my hair. I have bleached/toned hair and I love it! I apply it to my ends only once a week. I've been using a natural boar brush to get small amounts up to my root area. (If I get to much on my roots, my hair will need 2 washings). My hair is so shiny and soft afterwards. It is so cheap and easy to get (Walmart). It is on my list of must haves for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by meepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This, along with EVOO, is an HG item I cannot live without and that I use every day. I mainly use this as a leave-in serum, rubbing a drop or two between my palms and patting it through the ends and shafts of my hair. I've found that using a small amount of coconut oil and/or EVOO as an everyday leave-in serum and also using it as a weekly deep treatment has literally transformed the way my hair feels, and has completely eliminated the need for any excessive haircare products besides the basic shampoo and conditioner. I'm so happy that I save so much money and get such great results using this stuff.. and I would never have discovered it if it weren't for MUA. Thanks to all you lovely MUAers!!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Hey

I bought it for $1.70 at the store, and while it works great for the hair, I advise you not to use it on your skin.
I tried that, and believe me. You could bounce off those bubbles it made on my face.