July 30, 2014 | 1813 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 3:32:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Although I love the cheap price of this product (approximately $3 at Target!) and the cute spray design, I just don't like how it makes my hair feel. This spray just makes the texture of my hair seem drier than usual. I think I can find better heat protectant sprays out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by TopModelDiva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I like this stuff for is the smell. It's too thin and watery to use for flat ironing and the only reason why I use it to blow dry is because I haven't found something else yet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first heat-protectant product I've used, so I can't compare it to others. But my long, fine hair looked much healthier after a round of blow drying after using this spray versus not using it. Without the spray, my hair was quite flyaway and fried-looking post-dryer; with the spray, my hair was obviously a little heat-sizzled, but still had a healthy shine and wasn't poofy in the way that fine wavy hair can get after any contact with heat.

Since I'm a recent convert from the no-silicones brigade, I was worried that this would weigh down my fine hair. I used to amp up my hair's natural wave/curl, but now I'm using a flat iron. My worries were for nothing, and if anything, my hair is looking thicker with this spray.

And the price can't be beat - $3.99 at my local grocery store. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by purpledragon1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know I'm the minority here, I really wanted to like this product it is inexpensive and has water soluble cones in it but it didn't do anything for my hair for heat protection when I used this to flat iron my hair with. I let it dry and then I straightened it and my hair was dry and dull. I won't be repurchasing it. My search for a heat protectant continues

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by plilyheart

I spray this on before I straighten and my hair looks really sleek afterwards. However, it doesn't stay that sleek for more than 2 hours and starts to lose its shine :( But, it's good! It smells like acidic green apple, which is why I didn't give the product a 5. Overall, you need a protectant from heat for your hair and this is a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works okay for me but Dove performs much better. Somehow it keeps my coarse hair straighter and sleeker than this stuff. But this ain't bad either. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $1.59.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Licorice86

This stuff worked good for when I used to blow-dry my hair. I used to spary it all over before I put in any styling products and it seemed to protect my hair from the damaging effects of the blowdryer. I would re-purchase if I still blow-dried my hair but I have stopped to protect against damage. I think it did help to keep my hair in relatively good condition even though I used the heat.. so I could grow it long again once I stopped with the heat styling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. I use this before I flat iron and it makes my hair look soooo much healthier. It smooths flyaways and makes my ends look not fried, even though I color, blowdry, and straighten my hair. Definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by BaseballGirl

YAY for this stuff! It smells nice, helps with tangles, and seems to make hair softer. I use it after a leave-in conditioner on damp hair even if I am not blowdrying as it seems to help with my frizz too. Its a nice refresher spray as well! Just dont use too much or it can look a little greasy (but Im talking using lots and lots)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by condiment

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great spray and it really seems to protect my dry, coarse, thick and very damaged hair from damage when I flat iron it. It also makes it nice and smooth and shiny and doesn't weight it down at all.