July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by peachygurl

Only two words. Dolly Girl (Anna Sui). This smelled exactly like DG, and I am surprised that a house like CD would put out a fragrance of this originality and quality. Truly disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by AyeDavenita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited about this new perfume but oh so disappointed when I tried it on. The fragrance is really nothing special (very sweet yet not distinctive) and it fades almost instantly. I like the package, but I don't buy a perfume for its package... I am not sure what to think the Poison Pure fragrance wasn't all I expected either. I am a huge Dior lover but I must admit to be disappointed. It's too trendy, not chic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, IMO it is not that bad like some reviewers said here. This is a fruity-chypre fragrance and has some similarities with Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle which is more floral-chypre. Miss Dior Cherie is more sweet, with more fruitiness in it (strawberry and red fruits). Of course, this could be too sweet & cloying if you put too much. But if you use it moderately it has a "young", elegant and interesting touch. I wouldn't wear it but I'm sure that Miss Dior Cherie is going to be quite popular among younger ladies. 3+

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

Yuck! Sweet popcorn and strawberries, and... that's all! Smells like children's syrup - Well, if you wanna know how Miss Dior Cherie smells, try to imagine Kirkman Flavoring Syrup (Strawberry flavor) mixed with caramelized popcorns. Only "plus": the bottle (gorgeous!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

There are so many things about this fragrance that are perfect, like the beautiful packaging, the gorgeous ad campaign with Riley etc.. but the scent itself is awful! It's sickenlingly sweet and I just don't see how this can be aimed at 18-25 year-olds as there is nothing young or fresh about the fragrance. What a disappointment!
Such a shame as this had the potential to be such a huge success.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 8:10:00 AM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high expectations and was so much looking forward to this new Dior fragnance that I could not be but disappointed when I finally tested it (isn't this always the way it goes?).... The initial description which circulated in the press was that of a "sugar and spice" fragnance. When I later discovered the notes (green tangerine, strawberry, pink jasmine, caramelized popcorn, wild strawberry sorbet, patchouli, crystalline musk) I was convinced this would be Aquolina's Pink Sugar replacement for teenagers who had reached their early adulthood. How wrong! This fragnance has no similarities to PS. The caramelized popcorn "notes" are quite noticeable the first couple of minutes but then they disappear giving place to a somewhat sweet but definately floral impression. Nice but not worth my money (and it's an expensive one), sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Today I tryed this new fragrance and I am very disappointed - it's such an ordinary, cloying, tacky smell which reminds me a bit of the Apparition from Ungaro, but worse. I am so disappointed, after Pure Poison I expected better from Dior. It's ment to be for a young fasionable women, or at least that's what the add says. Oh well...call me old fasioned, but this one will not be able to stay on a market as long as the original, not mention becoming a classic as Miss Dior did.