November 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Bett1e

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to read the bad reviews on this product. I sprayed some on myself at the store and couldn't help thinking "what smells so good?" I realized it was me. I wore the fragrance around for about 30 minutes and concluded that it is the perfect scent for summer. It is light and sweet, but, with the musk, it is a little bit mysterious or sensual.

What I find so ironic or odd is that any fragrance that is popular among reviewers is hated by me. Thus, it really is not a surprise that I would like a fragrance that others would not like.

If you want a light, sweet, smoky scent for summer--definitely give this a try. As for staying power, I sprayed it on myself at 2:00 p.m.. I have been at Bath and Body Works washing my hands and testing scrubs and so forth. This scent remains on my wrist at 8:00 p.m.. In addition, the scent rises from my wrists so I can smell it even though I didn't place any behind my ear or anywhere else.

I definitely recommend this fragrance to those who are hard to please. This scent will definitely surprise you. Now, on another note, this scent smells just like Herrara's 212 sexy. I took 212 sexy back to the store because it was too sweet. This scent starts out smelling like strawberries (absolutely delicious); it dries down to a hot cotton candy; it then morphs into a candy washed in musk. Like I said, an absolutely stunning fragrance for summer. I was debating wearing it in the winter and don't think it would be appropriate for winter because it does smell so sweet.

Update: Like all perfumes, I ended up selling it. The smell, though delicious while you could smell the strawberries, became sickening when the strawberries were no longer there. It started to smell too strong without the strawberries. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2005 8:03:00 AM More reviews by ropidet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first it smells very similar as Baby Doll (YSL) but in an hour it smells HORRIBLE!!

This fragance will be purchased for the merchandising and the ads, not for the fragance itself.

DON'T BUY IT BEFORE TRYING!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by peachygurl

Only two words. Dolly Girl (Anna Sui). This smelled exactly like DG, and I am surprised that a house like CD would put out a fragrance of this originality and quality. Truly disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by AyeDavenita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited about this new perfume but oh so disappointed when I tried it on. The fragrance is really nothing special (very sweet yet not distinctive) and it fades almost instantly. I like the package, but I don't buy a perfume for its package... I am not sure what to think the Poison Pure fragrance wasn't all I expected either. I am a huge Dior lover but I must admit to be disappointed. It's too trendy, not chic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2005 6:33:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, IMO it is not that bad like some reviewers said here. This is a fruity-chypre fragrance and has some similarities with Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle which is more floral-chypre. Miss Dior Cherie is more sweet, with more fruitiness in it (strawberry and red fruits). Of course, this could be too sweet & cloying if you put too much. But if you use it moderately it has a "young", elegant and interesting touch. I wouldn't wear it but I'm sure that Miss Dior Cherie is going to be quite popular among younger ladies. 3+

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 11:53:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

Yuck! Sweet popcorn and strawberries, and... that's all! Smells like children's syrup - Well, if you wanna know how Miss Dior Cherie smells, try to imagine Kirkman Flavoring Syrup (Strawberry flavor) mixed with caramelized popcorns. Only "plus": the bottle (gorgeous!).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by eka8098

There are so many things about this fragrance that are perfect, like the beautiful packaging, the gorgeous ad campaign with Riley etc.. but the scent itself is awful! It's sickenlingly sweet and I just don't see how this can be aimed at 18-25 year-olds as there is nothing young or fresh about the fragrance. What a disappointment!
    Such a shame as this had the potential to be such a huge success.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 8:10:00 AM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had such high expectations and was so much looking forward to this new Dior fragnance that I could not be but disappointed when I finally tested it (isn't this always the way it goes?).... The initial description which circulated in the press was that of a "sugar and spice" fragnance. When I later discovered the notes (green tangerine, strawberry, pink jasmine, caramelized popcorn, wild strawberry sorbet, patchouli, crystalline musk) I was convinced this would be Aquolina's Pink Sugar replacement for teenagers who had reached their early adulthood. How wrong! This fragnance has no similarities to PS. The caramelized popcorn "notes" are quite noticeable the first couple of minutes but then they disappear giving place to a somewhat sweet but definately floral impression. Nice but not worth my money (and it's an expensive one), sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Today I tryed this new fragrance and I am very disappointed - it's such an ordinary, cloying, tacky smell which reminds me a bit of the Apparition from Ungaro, but worse. I am so disappointed, after Pure Poison I expected better from Dior. It's ment to be for a young fasionable women, or at least that's what the add says. Oh well...call me old fasioned, but this one will not be able to stay on a market as long as the original, not mention becoming a classic as Miss Dior did.