December 22, 2014 | 1660 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2004 5:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmokitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My mom always had a bottle of this sitting on her dresser, and I remember not liking it at all when I was younger, but recently got a sample with an order of Chanel Gardenia from Gloss, and I totally loved it. It starts off a bit strong on me, but a half and hour later, it drys to a soft, powdery, sweet floral scent. I can't stop smelling myself. It's so captivating. I don't think it's just for grandmas either. I think No.5 smells classy and beautiful for all women.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by x0Chapped0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scent wasn't very pleasing at all. I tried this once at a mall, and my mom told me I smelt like dog piss, and I had to agree. Never again will I look at this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2004 3:42:00 PM More reviews by casimmons23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love No. 5!!! My mom had a bottle of perfume when I was little, that my Dad brought her from Europe, so it calls up all kinds of memories. I just repurchased the EDT, and am ready to buy the real deal perfume now. I normally wear Opium and Addict types of fragrances, so this is a bit of an anomaly for me, but I love it just the same.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2004 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Akasha77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mum wears it too.. Far too strong and offensive for my nose..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2004 10:13:00 AM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with lanilove below. I swapped for this based on a few reviews and all the ads popping up recently. I can't understand how this fragrance has been around for so long. When I sprayed it I came close to dry heaving. I don't care for cats but I think I'd prefer the smell of a litter box over this. I even sprayed this on a clean tissue, I waited a while for it to dry, and still hated it. I can't see why anyone under 60 would purchase this. Sorry to all the chanel lovers out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by liltweekstar

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my mom wears this and it smells awful! it's way too strong even with one spritz but it seemed as if my mom overdosed on it. -_-

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2004 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Lotos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My relation with this fragrance is very ambivalent. When I smell it on someone else I always like it soooo much! It is sophisticated and natural at once.
The first two hours after the application I cannot stand it when sniffing too near on my wrist. It seems to me too harsh and not soft and powdery at all. I really need to smell my wrist from a certain distance to like it. But after some hours the base of this fragrance comes out and then.... ooh... it is just everthing that a fragrance should be: light, soft, subtle, warm but not too sweet or too powdery. Everything is in perfekt harmony.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by lanilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Chanel no.5 what a dissapointment. I have to wonder if the rave reviews on this reflect more a passion for anything Chanel than this perfume. Maybe it is my chemistry--but "old lady" doesn't even beging to cover it. Moth balls, gaggy is more like it. Never again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2004 10:16:00 PM More reviews by SaucyMinx

Simply elegant and classic.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by gleam

A co-worker had a bottle of Chanel no.5 EDT in her bag so I sprayed a little on my wrist to test it on me .. and I would like to emphasize "a little". Male co-worker then openened the window and asked "Who died in here?!" The only positive thing about this was the hilarious expression on his face :-) Too strong and nauseous and old ladyish on me.