Chanel No.5

3.5

on 12/15/2004 2:41:00 PM

this is really my fav. fragrance. i know some don't care for it, but i feel it works with body chemistry individually and that's why. i have been told numerous times by men and women of all ages that it smells gorgeous on me or they will ask what i'm wearing. it is a classy scent, but i've always been referred to as classy so to me that's a compliment.

on 12/15/2004 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has to be the most overated parfume on the planet. In its heyday, I'm sure this scent was considered wonderful & w/ its creator being the icon she was, its no wonder it rose to such fame. But truly, in this case I believe that's all this fragrance has is the hype behind it. When you say you wear No.5, its supposed to be impressive, when really you just...stink IMO. When I smelled this @ the counter, I almost puked, but going w/ all the hype I sprayed a little on my wrist & gave it some time. When I caught up w/ my husband later, his immediate response was "That's awful, you smell like my grandma, no, my great grandma...but worse."

on 12/14/2004 5:57:00 PM

While it must have seemed very nice in it's time (read: the 50s),this perfume is forever embedded on my mind as something my grandmother would wear. The new launch with Nicole Kidman are a laugh, but I won't go into commercial bashing because that's not what this site is about(the TV commercial is a joke: acting at its worst!!) It would be nice on an older woman, but if you're under 50, skip it.

on 12/11/2004 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought a miniatura No 5 - pure perfume. The drydown was awesome. I fell in love with this fragrance. I decided to buy the normal bottle. At the store they did not have the pure perfume at the moment. I bought the EDP hoping that it will be close enough. Wrong. The smell of the EDP is different and it does not last. If you want to experience the full beauty of the fragrance buy the pure perfume. Do not settle for EDP or EDT.

I really try to liek this because it is so popular and is a status sympbol in our culture, but I can't.It smells horrible on me.It's too strong for people to wear.It gags me if I'm at a resturant and somebody is wearing it.
The body powder is ok.I smell this at the store every now and then because it reminds me of my godmother that recently passed away.But,I'd never buy this or wear it.It's too much.

on 12/8/2004 11:59:00 AM

I like it but my SO said it made me smell "like an old lady." Yikes!

on 12/8/2004 11:42:00 AM

Scent was very strong at first but set in nice.
Very classic scent.

on 12/8/2004 8:52:00 AM

YUK!

A nice, interesting, unique and pretty fragrance. Very feminine and classic and a bit old-fashioned. Lightly floral, clean, soapy with a certain zest and vibrancy. I bought this a few years ago but unfortunately it didn't smell as good on me as it did from the bottle. But I recommend it if you can wear it.

on 12/5/2004 8:30:00 PM

I have the expensive bottle Direct from the factory in Paris and it smells like lysol on me. The cheaper spray from Macy's smells better. Oh well...I still love this scent, the bottle, the image--c'mon it's CHANEL!

Popular Fragrances