Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 7/15/2004 9:17:00 PM

Well this soap is a mystery to me. It says " Wont dry your skin like soap can". This is true as the active ingredient is a detergent, one that is very cheap to make and if you do a google search on it, sodium Coccoyl Isethionate the research shows it has some not-so nice-effects. The rest of the bar is stearic acid to balance the PH, salt from beef's fat ( sodium tallowate), water, colors and fillers.

I first got interested in reading the actual ingredients after i started using my current fresh milk based soap, Moogoo, and my dry skin was fixed straight away. I have friends who's eczema has cleared up with change to this milk soap. Now i am quite angry that i had to put up with dry skin for so long thanks to the detergents they put in soap because it is cheap for them.
So dove - good packaging, nice smell. Never ever buy detergent soap again.

on 7/15/2004 12:19:00 PM

I love dove it leaves you feeling clean and soft!!

on 7/15/2004 9:34:00 AM

I don't understand this product, and I must admit until recently I had not looked at the ingredients closely.

It says that it "Wont dry your skin like soap can". But the active ingredient is a DETERGENT so this would be worse. And when i looked it up on google, its not an especially nice one.

I am no chemist, but the Australian version says that it contains 1/4 moisturizing cream, can anyone tell me which of the active ingredients this is because all i can see is detergent, acid ( to make neutral PH)., beef fat salt, water, fragrance and color.

Can someone go into bat for this product. Firstly let us know where the moisturizer is, and why they use detergent. No wonder i had dry skin.

on 7/12/2004 1:36:00 AM

This is the best soap! I use it for my face. My skin feels soft and clean, never tight or dry. I always end up coming back to this. It also keeps my skin clear :-)

on 7/3/2004 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this as a face cleanser once a day for about a year. I have tried other brands, like Neutrogena, and this is really the only one that keeps my skin clear without drying it out. I do break out occassonally, but those breakouts are usually makeup or homone related. Anyway, the Dove Beauty Bar (I prefer the unscented version) is very inexpensive and soothing to use. It really works.

on 6/28/2004 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have to admit, I have become a total Dove girl! After years of battling my finicky skin, I have found a cleanser that works beautifully for me. I have tried everything high end and low- but dove keeps my skin clear and balanced. I use it on both my body and my face. I prefer the sensitive skin version.
Edit: I do have a problem with Unilever still doing animal testing.

on 6/25/2004 12:15:00 AM

Another rave for Dove from me. I got the beauty bar free with my bottle of Dove conditioner and I was a little curious after having such great experiences with Dove. The soap itself is pretty simple, a moisturizing soap that gently cleans. It left me feeling clean and smelling great. However, with Summer here, I need a stronger soap to clean up with after a long day at work, like Irish Spring. So, once winter comes around, this is going in the shower with me.

on 6/24/2004 9:49:00 PM

Dove is great! It smells nice and REALLY softens my skin - even the rougher patches on my elbows have softened. My boyfriend was dumbfounded by the softness on our first date and exclaimed I had skin that would be tough for even a baby to compete with.

on 6/17/2004 11:05:00 PM

I have been using this for several months, usually once a day. It makes my skin feel a little dry but still very soft. It does make me break out a little on my nose though but then most products do. I also use it on my body with good results.

on 6/12/2004 6:57:00 PM

Dove bar soap has been a staple in my shower for years. Lathers and cleans well. Rinses without a film and does not dry me out like other bar soaps. A classic.