October 31, 2014 | 875 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by angelabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All dove soaps meet my requirements for: no itchy skin..no clogged pores..no overpowering frangrance....non-drying, yet not oil-stimulating either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2004 12:03:00 PM More reviews by angelabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Always works for me........no itching, sensitivities, does not clog my pores. All dove soaps are great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by wingedtwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I remember using this bar when I stayed over at a friend of the family's. It made my skin soft and less tight-feeling when I got out the shower. However, it left a gross film on it, too. I recently visited my grandmother in Puerto Rico and she literally has stacks of this in her bathroom cabinet, like they're going to pull them off the shelves tomorrow morning. I used one, this time with a body puff, and had clean, smooth skin. Love it. P.S. If I'm waxing and get little stickies on me [not globs], I can lather this up real good and be smooth again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 1:22:00 PM More reviews by techPrincess

The best all-year round soap for dry, itchy skin on body and face.
Thank you, Dove!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2004 11:36:00 PM More reviews by claudia945

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still amazed that a 3 (aus) dollar soap can be so effective. it has a fresh, powdery, smell that i love (those strong, citrusy/floral perfumes in bodywashes really get sickly after awhile) and it lathers up very well. The soap is deep cleansing and not drying at all. After a few days of using this on my face, i have blemish free, clear skin without a slick of shine. It clears up any spots on my chest/back, cleanses skin perfectly and leaves it feeling nourished. i never knew that plain old soap could work a thousand times better than the upmarket cleansers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by imkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recommended for my combo, breakout prone skin by my dermotologist. Works great, especially for those using skin treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

Other than Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser occassionally, this is the only product I (now) use to cleanse my face. So I guess the name cleanserholic doesn't really apply anymore! After using many other cleansers and more often than not becoming disappointed with them, I chose the bar dermatologists (my mom used to work for them) have been recommending for years. Dove Bar keeps my skin fairly clear and always very soft. This is very good for removing makeup or loosening ingrown hairs. Don't let the drying effect put you off--as you use it more often, it goes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by aprilbella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably will always go back to this soap......I itch badly from every soap except Dove and Aveeno, and I find Dove to be much more aesthetically pleasing. I hope it is ALWAYS around.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mother used to work for dermatologists and she told me Dove unscented was what they usually recommended to patients with skin problems. We always had Dove in the house amd used it as a soap, hand and face wash too. I used Dove when I was younger but later on switched to a Dove liquid cleanser and then some from other companies. When I recently tried using Dove Nutrium and Dove unscented, they dried my skin out considerably.

When I was interested in trying Dove again I read a review that said the original formula is more gentle on skin then the unscented. I have now been using it for a week and I am very pleased. I love lathering up with the white, fresh-smelling bar and the clean feeling that comes afterward. My skin is very clear now.

I give it four lippies because it too dries out my skin and I must apply a lot of moisturiser, however this is not the same for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by leyasan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How can you go wrong with this fabulous, gently cleaning, and moisturizing bar? It's just so dirt cheap, I always go back to it after my boutique soap obsession clears. After trying hundreds of fancy soaps, this cheapo soap is a true HG. It may not have the fancy scents or cute packaging, but it's truly the most moisturizing, wonderful soap out there. Actually, I also love the Oil of Olay bar too.