Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 8/26/2004 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this soap on and off for over ten years now. I love the smell of this soap and I find it provides just enough moisture and lather for my skin. My mother also loves this soap and I have a few friends who swear by it. Lately I have started using this on my face too in the shower.

on 8/24/2004 3:29:00 PM

one of the only soap I can use on my whole body (even sensitive parts). I wish it was more moisturising, I need to put lotion after.
I hate the smell but I can handle it since it's very hard for me to find something to wash my sensitive areas.

on 8/6/2004 10:19:00 AM

This is the only soap I use on my sensitive, eczema-prone skin, at the advice of my dermatologist. I have been using it my entire life, and wouldn't use anything else on my kids. Nice scent, rinses off completely without that "coated" feeling that some soaps leave (especially deodorant soaps like Dial, Coast, Irish Spring). Great product.

on 8/6/2004 12:39:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this soap. Not for use on the face, but on the body it is awesome! Leaves skin silky smooth, smells divine. Love it and highly reccomend this soap!

on 7/30/2004 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i love it ,although i use it for washing hands only,it didn't let my hands dry after rinse off,a endurable scent too

on 7/29/2004 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If there was anything that could be said about mother knowing best, it would be the Dove Beauty Bar. Not only does it eliminate all the dirt and makeup left from a hard day's work of 9-5, it also leaves your skin feeling sooooo sooooo soft and smooth. It's not surprising how dermatologists always recommend this as an effective and gentle face cleanser. Who knew beauty could be this simple? This is one of the very best products on the market for your skin. Try it... it's unbelievable.

on 7/28/2004 10:58:00 PM

Interesting... I've used Dove on my face in emergencies, and I just used it to clean my face tonight. I noticed that the blotchy look I usually get after washing my face has not happened. My face is really soft and smooth looking. I think I'm going to try this as a facial cleanser, and update in a couple of weeks. But for me, the fact that doesn't sting and cause redness immediately is a good sign to start with.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Completely MURDERED my skin.

Interestingly, my skin was so moisturized from using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula lotion with the Dove Nutrium bar (thanks to MUA reviews), until I tried this for one day. After just one use my skin was tight and dry, especially my back: when I bent over it felt like I had a drying clay mask on it. And the worst was my hands: they were itchy and tight the next day! I tried a variety of products to stop the itching, but only palmer's did the trick again.

THIS PRODUCT SEEMS TO BE BAD FOR SENSITIVE, DRY SKIN. PURCHASE WITH CAUTION. I WILL NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN.

on 7/23/2004 7:54:00 PM

I use the sensitive skin version for AM cleansing (I've tried all the forms of this bar and that's my favourite). It leaves skin soft, smooth, slightly taut, and even. It leaves my skin feeling so nice most days I can even skip a moisturiser! Great stuff.

on 7/15/2004 9:17:00 PM

Well this soap is a mystery to me. It says " Wont dry your skin like soap can". This is true as the active ingredient is a detergent, one that is very cheap to make and if you do a google search on it, sodium Coccoyl Isethionate the research shows it has some not-so nice-effects. The rest of the bar is stearic acid to balance the PH, salt from beef's fat ( sodium tallowate), water, colors and fillers.

I first got interested in reading the actual ingredients after i started using my current fresh milk based soap, Moogoo, and my dry skin was fixed straight away. I have friends who's eczema has cleared up with change to this milk soap. Now i am quite angry that i had to put up with dry skin for so long thanks to the detergents they put in soap because it is cheap for them.
So dove - good packaging, nice smell. Never ever buy detergent soap again.