April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by scecena

So I am fairly new to foundations, since I was 18 I used tinted moisturizers because my skin is pretty clear just an uneven skintone. Over the last year I have tried tons of foundations, from Colorstay to MUFEHD. None of them worked on my combination skin. I had just about given up when I found this! This is my holy grail, and I've never used that phrase before. It leaves a beautiful finish that looks flawless but still looks like your skin. It's amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dahleenah

After watching itsjudytime's first impression on this product, I knew I had to go out and buy it. I have sensitive combination skin. Being Asian, it's difficult to find a drugstore foundation with a yellow undertone. I'm not much of a foundation junkie, I've only tried Revlon PhotoReady in Medium Beige (which I do not like, too shimmery & looks cakey on my skin, color was off, felt greasy) so I had high hopes for this one since I've heard it was a dupe for MUFE Mat Velvet. I've never tried the MUFE before, but I love the finish of the Covergirl Stay Fabulous. It has a soft matte finish, feels very lightweight on the skin, and looks great in flash photography. It has medium-full coverage and is very buildable. I would say 2 layers would give you full coverage. I think this would be better though if the shades weren't so pink-toned, which was why I had to give this only 4 stars. I have it in Medium Beige, but I think I'm going to exchange it for Soft Honey instead. Otherwise I love this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, Cover Girl - who knew you could bring it?

I'd say I'm an NC10 if such a shade existed. The lightest Outlast shade in 805 I would liken to MAC NW15 or Revlon Colorstay in Ivory: strong, cool, pink tones for sure. Squirt a bit of the shade 805 next to Colorstay in Buff & you'll see just how pink-toned the former is & yellow-toned the latter (which really works on me). The Outlast Stay Fabulous in 805 looked so pink to me in the store that I almost didn't bother picking it up at all.

Well, I'm glad I did! After blending and settling, it doesn't look pink on me. Still wish it was more yellow-toned, though. Coverage is medium. Concealer will be requisite if you have any spots - but only if you're in a perfectionist mood since the coverage is good. Finish is matte. Oh, and if you're a Retin-A user like me, it can accentuate little dry spots! But I don't hold that against the foundation itself, especially since that's a fleeting issue anyway.

Packaging is wonderful. A PUMP. Hear that, Colorstay foundation that I have to transfer over to my own pump bottles?

By the way, this is $12.99 at Walgreens & Ulta, and $9.47 at WalMart.

I never rely on the sunscreen in foundations to serve *as* my sunscreen since I wear the latter underneath, so the SPF here is a non-issue for me.

Overall there's a lot of value here. I think this foundation will work even better for me this summer when I'm off Retin-A & doing the sunless tanner thing! Well done, Cover Girl. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it had such good reviews. I am approx. NC15/20 and Classic Ivory was a pretty good shade, though not quite yellow enough for me. Very few foundations are. I like the finish--matte; and what I would call medium coverage. Any amount of dry skin will show with this foundation so moisturize before if needed. I wanted to love this foundation but after doing some research, I discovered that the SPF is NOT broad spectrum. I have never heard of the sunscreen agent in this foundation so I checked it out at Paula Begoun's site and sure enough: this foundation does not provide adequate sunscreen protection in spite of the relatively high SPF. Now, you could apply an adequate sunscreen underneath and be protected. However, with my oily skin, I tend not to like layering products. So this was a bust for me. Ladies be aware: that you should not rely on this foundation as your sole source of SPF protections.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by CarrollS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! Let me first of all say that I have tried EVERY foundation known to man and HATE them all!!! They either are the wrong color, make me greasy, or the worst one look like I have a mask on....yuck! This is wonderful as it makes my face look flawless without looking like I have make-up on....LOVE!!!! I pump a little on the back of my hand and then do sections of my face as it does dry quickly but it dries to perfection. No powder needed & I'm an oily skinned girl too. Pick it up ladies....you will NOT be disappointed. I'm taking my $50.00 foundation back ASAP :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I honestly think this works better as a primer vs a foundation. It does show all the flakes on my skin BUT when I use a powder foundation to set it, all of it goes away and I don't see shine for a good while. So as a primer I like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First impression of this product? AH MA ZINGGG! Wow! i really don't know where to start. The consistency is very light and liquidy. It dries very fast so work quick in the application girls! Once you put it on and wait a few minutes... something happens and your pores just dissapear! I use powder on top... Maybelline Dream Matte powder. I use powder always regardless. I live in Florida humidity. I've only had it on for an hour and so far it is amazing. my skin looks like a porcelain doll. Flawless and poreless. And somehow younger or tighter... I can't explain it but i'm 43 and i look about 30! i'm serious! The coverage is VERY good. I'd say about a medium to full. And it feels like i have nothing on. The shade selection is just fine. I will say the shades tend to run lighter than the bottle's look. I wear Buff Beige but think Nude Beige will be an exact match. So far so good... i'm going to wear this all day and all week throughout and will update. So far though, this is the best foundation i've EVER tried. And may i say i normally hate Cover Girl. But they ran this out of the park this time. Again, AMAZING!!! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!

UPDATE - 7/25/2013 - L'Oreal Liquid Nude Powder foundation came out and sorry, but i have to downgrade you Covergirl. L'oreal blew you out of the water with their new foundation. Ladies, read the reviews on that foundation and try it. MUCH better than all the others.

UPDATE 2/20/2014 - OK so I'm back to this foundation. I finally figured out how to apply it with a kabuki brush! What a difference that made! I'm still loving the Loreal Liquid Nude but i find that the coverage of that is too sheer. SO, back to loving Cover Girl again. It stays very matte during the day but not in a bad way. Application is key! So back to 5 lippies it goes!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in the lightest two shades, Ivory and Classic Ivory. Ivory was like a pinker version of NW15, too pink and too dark for me. Classic Ivory felt like a neutral N20 shade, and I will probably keep that to wear in the summer.
It reminded me of MAC Studio Fix Fluid - medium to full coverage, satin matte finish - but with less oil control and longevity. I really liked how I did not need concealer with this, I just layered the foundation 2 or 3 times in specific areas, set with powder, and it lasted a good 12 hours before it began to start breaking down. If you can find a color match and this doesn't break you out, this is a great drugstore foundation. Kudos to selling the packaging with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HAVE NEVER found a HG drugstore foundation and never had any luck in drugstore foundations. I have always gone back to Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, Lancome tiented Idole Ultra and Shu Uerema Nobora Stick. I have always been a big fan of department store foundations.

HOWEVER, I have finally found a drugstore foundation I REALLY LOVE! The Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation works just as well as those in the department stores! LOVE LOVE LOVE! I also love how it has a pump!

I have combination skin/sensitive skin and it did not dry out my skin at all. It is shine free and does not make my face oily during mid day. I did not need to set this with a powder because the foundation turns into a nice powdery finish. I have no broken out yet. One layers is good but if you want a full coverage, you can built it up.
This foundation reminds me of Makeup Forever Mat Velvet!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!! GIVE IT A TRY! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by PaulinaLC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After watching reviews on YouTube about this product, I had to go and get it. I purchased it in soft honey but was sure that golden tan would match my skin more. According to many reviews I've read and watched, this product oxidized throughout the day so I settled for a shade lighter, soft honey, than my skin. I tried soft honey but it just looked way too light and ended up looking gray on my face by the end of the day so I returned it and got the shade golden tan. When I first applied it, it matched my skin perfectly, so flawless, I loved it but after 5 hours, I looked at myself in the mirror in daylight, my face looked awfully orange. 2x darker than what it had been this morning. I am so disappointed in the color selection and the fact that it oxides just hours into the wear. But overall, I love the consistency and how it feels velvety smooth on my skin! If you find the perfect shade, I am seriously jealous of you!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No