April 24, 2014 | 1553 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

Oh how I wished this would have worked for me. I love the glass pump bottle. I did find the color matched me very well. The problem was it broke me out. I had three painful zits after using this. I can't remember the last time I got a zit. Lucky you if this works for you. Especially since it's as cheap as chips!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, am I even using the same product? I can't believe all of these positive reviews! LOL My experience with this foundation was much different than most other reviewers. I chose shade 805, which actually looked like a decent shade indoors. However, as soon as I stepped outside and checked a mirror, I was horrified to see that it was a very unnatural pink shade. Strike 1. The second shade up looked too dark, so I resorted to just trying to use this anyway. Half a pump is all you need for your entire face. A full pump is WAY too much. The coverage, from afar, looks nice and even, but it looks terrible up close. The texture is dry and accentuates any dryness you have (and I have oily skin!) and makes your skin just look older. Strike 2. I wore this for 2 days and decided to return it. I usually give a foundation at least a week, but the deal-breaker for me (Strike 3) was the fact that it broke me out. When I removed it at night, I had patches of little red bumps and clusters of brand new whiteheads all over my skin. My skin is now SO irritated from this foundation that I don't think I'll even be able to wear makeup tomorrow. Oh well, too bad. I was very curious about this and at least now I know it isn't for me.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Chevygirl14

THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING. I bought it in the lightest shade, Ivory, because in these winter months in Minnesota, you get very pale, haha. The coverage is AMAZING. I didn't need concealer!! I don't use primer, but this foundation claims it's 3 in 1, being primer, concealer, and foundation. It stays on forever, covers blemishes, and looks like you have naturally flawless skin! There's no "lumi" effect, so I swirl Physicians Formula glow minerals over it afterwards to give it a pretty glow. :) I'm not a covergirl fan either, but this rocks!!!

EDIT: This product made me break out horribly. My skin is acne prone so i'm not suprised. I have irritated red bumps ALL over my forehead, nose, and chin and jawline. :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by happymommy123

I was so excited to get this foundation but after using it for about a week I have to say its a very pasty finish. I have somewhat dry skin and it makes my face look very dry and sickly almost. The only reason I gave it a 3 was for the packaging and the price. I will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by scecena

So I am fairly new to foundations, since I was 18 I used tinted moisturizers because my skin is pretty clear just an uneven skintone. Over the last year I have tried tons of foundations, from Colorstay to MUFEHD. None of them worked on my combination skin. I had just about given up when I found this! This is my holy grail, and I've never used that phrase before. It leaves a beautiful finish that looks flawless but still looks like your skin. It's amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dahleenah

After watching itsjudytime's first impression on this product, I knew I had to go out and buy it. I have sensitive combination skin. Being Asian, it's difficult to find a drugstore foundation with a yellow undertone. I'm not much of a foundation junkie, I've only tried Revlon PhotoReady in Medium Beige (which I do not like, too shimmery & looks cakey on my skin, color was off, felt greasy) so I had high hopes for this one since I've heard it was a dupe for MUFE Mat Velvet. I've never tried the MUFE before, but I love the finish of the Covergirl Stay Fabulous. It has a soft matte finish, feels very lightweight on the skin, and looks great in flash photography. It has medium-full coverage and is very buildable. I would say 2 layers would give you full coverage. I think this would be better though if the shades weren't so pink-toned, which was why I had to give this only 4 stars. I have it in Medium Beige, but I think I'm going to exchange it for Soft Honey instead. Otherwise I love this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, Cover Girl - who knew you could bring it?

I'd say I'm an NC10 if such a shade existed. The lightest Outlast shade in 805 I would liken to MAC NW15 or Revlon Colorstay in Ivory: strong, cool, pink tones for sure. Squirt a bit of the shade 805 next to Colorstay in Buff & you'll see just how pink-toned the former is & yellow-toned the latter (which really works on me). The Outlast Stay Fabulous in 805 looked so pink to me in the store that I almost didn't bother picking it up at all.

Well, I'm glad I did! After blending and settling, it doesn't look pink on me. Still wish it was more yellow-toned, though. Coverage is medium. Concealer will be requisite if you have any spots - but only if you're in a perfectionist mood since the coverage is good. Finish is matte. Oh, and if you're a Retin-A user like me, it can accentuate little dry spots! But I don't hold that against the foundation itself, especially since that's a fleeting issue anyway.

Packaging is wonderful. A PUMP. Hear that, Colorstay foundation that I have to transfer over to my own pump bottles?

By the way, this is $12.99 at Walgreens & Ulta, and $9.47 at WalMart.

I never rely on the sunscreen in foundations to serve *as* my sunscreen since I wear the latter underneath, so the SPF here is a non-issue for me.

Overall there's a lot of value here. I think this foundation will work even better for me this summer when I'm off Retin-A & doing the sunless tanner thing! Well done, Cover Girl. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this as it had such good reviews. I am approx. NC15/20 and Classic Ivory was a pretty good shade, though not quite yellow enough for me. Very few foundations are. I like the finish--matte; and what I would call medium coverage. Any amount of dry skin will show with this foundation so moisturize before if needed. I wanted to love this foundation but after doing some research, I discovered that the SPF is NOT broad spectrum. I have never heard of the sunscreen agent in this foundation so I checked it out at Paula Begoun's site and sure enough: this foundation does not provide adequate sunscreen protection in spite of the relatively high SPF. Now, you could apply an adequate sunscreen underneath and be protected. However, with my oily skin, I tend not to like layering products. So this was a bust for me. Ladies be aware: that you should not rely on this foundation as your sole source of SPF protections.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by CarrollS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! Let me first of all say that I have tried EVERY foundation known to man and HATE them all!!! They either are the wrong color, make me greasy, or the worst one look like I have a mask on....yuck! This is wonderful as it makes my face look flawless without looking like I have make-up on....LOVE!!!! I pump a little on the back of my hand and then do sections of my face as it does dry quickly but it dries to perfection. No powder needed & I'm an oily skinned girl too. Pick it up ladies....you will NOT be disappointed. I'm taking my $50.00 foundation back ASAP :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I honestly think this works better as a primer vs a foundation. It does show all the flakes on my skin BUT when I use a powder foundation to set it, all of it goes away and I don't see shine for a good while. So as a primer I like this.