April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by shinycat1

So let me start by saying how freakin hard these are to find. I think that the more I read the reviews the more I became obsessed with finding them. Every time I go to the nearest drugstores I end up so disappointed because the display they're in are all sold out. I finally found them in a rite aid nearby but they only had a small selection left behind.
I bought two colors, which are pink truffle and tutti frutti. Pink truffle is a nice color, it's almost the same color of my lips, like a dark pinkish color. It's very lovely specially for those days where you want you're lips to just be simple and healthy looking.
Tutti frutti is a coral color which I found to be quite pretty. It's like a sheer orange pink.
The lip butters are very nice. These are like a balm but it gives a sheer but buildable color. I love these because they give enough pigmentation without drying my lips.
They're a bit thick when you apply them, but I find them comfortable and smooth. It has shine on them but it's not extreme or anything like that. It does make my lips smooth but I wouldn't depend on them if my lips were insanely dry. The color doesn't fade unevenly, instead it leaves this pretty color behind plus there is no taste or smell, which I absolutely love. The packaging is really pretty and sturdy. Overall I think it's a good buy.

Edit: 11/22/2011

Ok so I've had these for awhile now and I added four more to my collection. The colors I got were berry smoothie, cherry tart, candy apple, and red velvet.
Candy apple- this shade took me forever to find! I finally found it at target, and there was actually a lot of it left, like 4 or 5. I felt quite lucky and excited. Anyway, it's a sheer red with orange undertones. It's so pretty... I know it sounds weird to say but it's like the perfect snow white lippy. It's bright and pigmented but still sheer enough to make it super wearable.
Red velvet- I know that this shade is highly coveted so I was excited to see this at my local rite-aid. It's a highly pigmented maroon red, and it reminds me of the color of blood. I was afraid it would appear fuschia on my lips but it didn't. It's pretty when worn sheer and dramatic when layered several times. Love it!
Cherry tart- ok so I hate shimmers in my lip products. I just can't stand it. But this shade is just so pretty. It's a Popsicle red color, and it gives you that healthy flush of color. It has shimmer, but it's so subtle that it just appears luminous. They're super tiny,and hardly noticeable. Its has a bit of pinkish tone in it, and its a very wearable red because of how sheer it is. This and candy apple are my favorite shades,
Berry smoothie- this has shimmer too but its really pretty and not obvious much like cherry tart. The color is like a nude pinkish berry with shimmer. I like this one a lot specially when I try a smoky eye look.

So yeah that's my collection. I have my eye on sweet tart next but for now I'm just happy I have these shades. I will add that the shimmery shades tend to leave a bit of shimmer when it fades and that the product sometimes still needed a bit of lip balm. I know it sounds like it defeats its purpose but I think it's only because at those times my lips were super dry. So don't depend on these to be a substitute for your chapstick or lip balm. They are moisturizing but not enough for really dry lips, they will patch up if you apply it that way. Also another con would be that there is not a lot of product inside the tubes! There is seriously not enough especially since the lasting hour is probably around an hour or two. Still, they have such beautiful shades and a
nice formula that makes my lips look luscious so I just put up with it.
I know this is long so this is where I'll stop! Hopefully I helped some of you guys..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by gennisasis

Definate repurchase :)! I have the lip butters in berry smoothie and peach parfait both gorgeous wearable colors for medium skin toned ladies ;). The fact that they're permanent kind of made my whole life haha. The only bad thing i have to say is that the staying power isnt so great BUT HEY good things don't always last forever, just reapply and your good :D!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I lost my mind and bought almost every color of these - 10 total. I returned 4 and kept 6 because of color; the texture on all of them is fantastic- I find them moisturizing without being too slippery or waxy, and impressively pigmented. Since I find the most annoying part of purchasing DS MU the lack of testers (although that doesn't seem to stop some peeps from illegal swatching - boo hiss), here are the details on the colors I bought (I specified which ones I returned):

Berry Smoothie - Lovely mauvey pink. Totally wearable -makes my lips look healthier if that makes any sense.

Sugar Plum - Love this as well. A deeper, more purple pink, also very wearable. Not as dark as it looks in the tube.

Strawberry Shortcake - Light, bubblegum-ish blue toned pink. Reminds me of a sheerer VG Gaga.

Cotton Candy - Sheer, light pink with some not-over-the-top sparkles. A more subtle color, but it still shows up on my pigmented lips.

Creme Brule - Peachy nude with shimmer. Pale but doesn't wash me out. I'm such a sucker for nudes, even though I know pinks look better on me.

Pink Truffle - A kind of brownish deep pink. I wanted to like this more than I do. Wished it was more MLBB a la Brave, but this pulls more brown on me that I prefer, like Modesty. Such is my skin - always pulling the brown out of pinks. I would've been all over this in the 90s.

And these are the ones I returned:
Gumdrop - Light lilac. Did nothing for my skin, just like NYX Power and Snob. Made me look somewhat ill.

Cupcake - Another bubblegum pink; too close to Strawberry Shortcake, which is slightly warmer and thus more wearable.

Lollipop - Glowy purple-magenta; probably the most pigmented of the ones I tried, but there was something off about the color. Anyway, if I'm in the mood for a radioactive purple, I'll do Up the Amp.

Sweet Tart - Bright, cherry-ish pink. This was cute and brightened up my face, but I just didn't see myself wearing this all that often.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipstick person at all (usually stick to gloss and lip liners to fill in my lips with) but I love these!! I purchased Pink Truffle and Sugar Plum (which are both shades I would normally never wear on my lips), and they are both amazing products for the price!! Pink truffle is the perfect pinky nude that looks amazing with MAC Whirl lip liner. Definitely looking forward to trying more of them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by radiance22

I have this in Pink truffle. Perfect everyday color. Pigment is like a lipstick but its so smooth and moisturizing. Definitely a worthy buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by livieTree

To the point: I LOVE THESE.

Why?
-moisturizing
-easy to apply
-smooth (like oh my gosh smooth)
-great color
-cute packaging

When I used the first one (Red Velvet) I nearly lost my sh*t. I was soooo amazed by the amount of color and moisturization these gave. I remember sitting in the car of my CVS putting on Red Velvet and thinking... "Oh my gosh... I wanna try a few more." So, I got down and picked up two more, Creme Brulee and Sugar plum.
Creme Brulee is like a perfect nude. I love it. I think I tend to look bad in nudes but damn.... This looks fantastic! Today I picked up 2 more in Fig and Sweet tart. Fig is a beautiful brownish red, while sweet tart is an in-your-face pink. I have literally abandoned all my lipsticks and juicy tubes for these lip butters. I plan on getting all of them,
This might sound a bit extreme but I have yet to try one I hate, they all look fantastic, and I now have two HG in this line. Maybe I'll find more :D

HG mentioned:
Red Velvet (Perfect Red)
Creme Brulee (everyday nude)

Extra info; I'm NC15 with blue eyes, and brownish-redish hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was able to find these at Bed Bath and Beyond of all places. LOVE this product! Pink Truffle is a better and brighter version of Clinique's Pink Toffee Buttershine. I also purchased this in Fig Jam, and the color is a beautiful browny red.

They go on smooth and with quite a bit of pigment. They feel wonderfully moisturizing, and I think they will be great this winter when things get cold and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I am disappointed. I purchased Berry Smoothie. I do like the color intensity and how the tint lasts, but would not call this a lip butter by any means. My fav lip butter is Chapstick Naturals, which goes on smoothly & lasts longer that the expensive Revlon version. You could almost nix the Revlon, and just use lip liner with Chapstick Natural product. Wanted to love this, but sadly do not. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this is "Berry Smoothie". The color is a mauvey light berry color. It is a lot like MAC's "Syrup" lipstick. This is extremely slick and smooth, and has a lot of slip going on. I think I will go back and get a few more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by enchanted_xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up Raspberry Pie today and I love it. I couldn't get over how smooth it was-very comparable to Milani's HD lipcolor.
One thing I hate about lipsticks is when they look great, but look like crap once you eat/drink or do anything. This particular shade (I can't speak for the others) leaves a super gorgeous natural-looking stain after you eat. I love it!