September 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by bobbibrowneyes

edit: 01/31/08. definitely not moisturizing enough in the wintertime. lately, i've just been using it as a eye makeup remover.

Wow. I'm seriously amazed. After the aspirin mask , I didn't expect an equal, if not greater discovery on makeupalley !!!
I was at Trader Joe's and on a whim, picked up a bottle. It was 6-7 dollars which seemed like a pretty good deal. The package is deplorable but the product is unbelievable. It moisturizes like nothing else. I put a few drops in my palm and pat the oil in sections around my face. It seems counterintuitive but jojoba oil not only moisturizes, it has made my face less oily. It's really cheap and moisturizes better than all of my previous favorites. I will definitely keep buying this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My HG oil! Closest to human sebum oil. No issues with breaking out. I have been fighting breakouts for decades. I have acne prone, combo, thick skin. I would never dream of putting oil on my face regularly. After reading the reviews, I bought this product at Whole Foods. I am very happy with the results.

I massage this oil into my face for a few minutes in the shower or a night steam routine now and wash off with Jasons baby shampoo. . I also put a couple drops in my night cream. After shaving and while skin is damp, massage the oil lightly on or mix it in to a body moisturizer.

Also it is the best night under eye treatment EVER. One drop pat onto each eye along with one drop pure hyaluronic acid. Dark circles and wrinkles banish over night. Magic!

Along with some good oral vitamins and omega-3s and my skin glows.It initially the oil massage brings the acne to the surface but in time (give it a week) it clears up. . . it seems to detox the skin. Jason extra mild shampoo is my facial cleanser using it with my pro-x brush.

Or 3 drops jojoba to run thru my dry hair and ends. The oil works on my hair to get rid of fly aways and frizz. I use it on my daughter's hair and skin(and she has normal to dry skin). I also found this to be the HG for my baby massage. Olive oil is more rich to put in hair as a treatment. Acne prone skin should not use coconut oil even though it is great for hair also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kristinapentti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is for jojoba oil in general (so cannot comment on Desert Essence's packaging, I've transferred mine into a small dropper). What can I say - jojoba oil has saved my skin (surface dry, very clog-prone, occasional breakouts). My skin can react really quickly to various things, e.g. flying and dry cabin air (which makes me break out in 45 min), but putting just one drop of jojoba (which i mix with a facial spray to spread more easily) under my moisturizer saves the day. I love how it feels on the skin, sinks in immediately (compared to grape seed oil, which just sits on my face) and gives a nice non-shiny glow. Great for harsh winters and mega-dry heating. Will never stop using. Oh, and jojoba oil has also greatly reduced the black heads on the sides of my nose! It's amazing, I've always had so much dry skin on my nose I've had to use a tweezer to peel it off (and no moisturizer, exfoliatior, BHA, AHA or glycolic acid ever worked), but jojoba took care of that - and the blackheads too - in two weeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by curiousmom2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have slightly oily, sensitive skin, and just a few drops of this was enough to clog the pores on my cheeks, slightly..
I am quite puzzled by the wide range of reactions to this jojoba oil, with some individual reviewers even going so far as to promote it as a solution for acne -- on other websites,

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down, one of my favorite oils of all time!!!! Makes my skin look and feel great, but honestly I mostly use it on my scalp and on my ends. Keeps my dandruff at bay and keeps split ends away from me. Jojoba oil is non-comodegenic so it won't clog your pores and its the closest oil to the natural oil (sebum) that we produce already. This brand though is super light in texture, smell and color, and tried many brands of jojoba oil. Great stuff, gals!!!! :>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by michie0826

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this product based on MUA reviews, and I broke out really, really bad. I have sensitive skin, and I get a zit once in a while. My face is also really dry, so I thought that this would help. I used two drops on my face for three days, and now my cheeks are totally broken out with big, deep pimples. I would not recommend this if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG eye makeup remover and HG frizz serum. a few drobs on my eyes removes all traces of mascara and liner, and i usually follow with cetaphil to get the rest of my face. i like it as an overall face wash, just not as much as cetaphil. for hair, i use about four drops (shoulder length hair) before blow drying, and a couple drops afterwards to smooth over my hair. it's also a great moisturizer--either for your whole face, or just a drop to cover those really dry patches. the packaging is terrible, but i just put mine into an old small bottle of contact solution which works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by miss_cutie

Great product for my hair! I use it as a leave in on damp hair(mostly on the ends) and when i blow dry/air dry/straighten my hair is always super soft! I just cant believe what it does! I also use it as an overnight leave-in when my scalp is feeling dry and that works miracles too! YEAH!!!
Now... that being said im not crazy about it for my face:( Which is mainly the reason i bought it. I used it as anightime moisturizer and when i washed my face in the morning it still had that sticky/filmy kinda feel... idk?! But it didnt work for me. Any suggestions?!
I dont really use it for much else but the fact that its the only product i put in my hair i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started rubbing this on my face after reading these reviews. I have slightly dry skin. It is a light oil. It makes my nose and chin peel. I think this skin had some dry areas that are flaking off from the oil. I also put it on my psoriasis on my elbows which is very minor but it helps.
I put it on at night and then put my Olay Night Effects over it and wake up with baby soft smooth skin. This is the best use of this I have found, putting it under my night time moisturizer.
I think it is helping to soften up my dry skin. Yes I would buy it again. My skin needs some extra oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by marshmallowmoondrops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Jojoba oil is MY beauty secret. I've been using it for about a year on my face as a moisturizer/makeup remover and my face is completely clear and well moisturized. The reason I started using Jojoba oil is because about a year ago I started a very strict acne "regimen" and although it left my skin very clear, it also left my skin extremely dry. I have dry skin to begin with and after using so many acne clearing products on my face, my face was so dry that I would literally cancel important plans to avoid leaving the house with such horrible dry flakes. Someone recommended Jojoba oil to me (because Jojoba oil is the CLOSEST oil to your own sebum oil your face will produce) and I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, bought their brand, and immediately started using it the next time I put on lotion. What I personally do is use my regular lotion (I myself use Eucerine) and I add just 3 drops of Jojoba oil into the lotion, mix it around with my finger, and apply as I would like using my regular lotion. I find if I put more than just 3 drops my skin will actually become more dry...I'm guessing because it is "over"exfoliating if you use too much. After about a week or two of putting 3 drops of Jojoba oil mixed in my lotion twice a day (morning and night), my dry skin was completely gone. Like I said, this product is MY beauty secret...although it's not much of a secret because I am always recommending it to people I see with really dry skin. I also use this at night before cleansing my face on any eye makeup I have. It removes makeup really well. I recommend everyone to at least try Jojoba oil, hopefully you'll be like me and find it to be a miracle product.