Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 11/15/2007 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I wish I would have known about this years ago. This oil is magnificent at both cleansing and moisturizing and softening the skin. Technically, jojoba is a liquid wax which mimics most closely human skin's natural sebum. Therefore, it is easily and readily absorbed by the skin, making it smooth and soft.
Ever since I started using this as a cleanser ( I actually put a giant squirt of in into my regular Lumene cleansing oil) and moisturizer (I use 2-3 drops massaged into my face), the small bumps that existed on my forehead have disappeared. I find that my skin is much smoother overall in fact. I think it's because this is supposed to regulate the body's natural production of oil as well as its ability to actually dissolve anything lodged in pores. Regardless, of how it works, it works. I only wish I had discovered this natural secret earlier in my life.

I do not like the packaging very much, it tends to leak, but the wonderfulness of this product would make me buy it even if I had to provide my own packaging.

I have also used it on the ends of my hair to tame frizz. IT is equally wonderful as a hair smoother, moisturizer.

This is a great natural product that's reasonably priced that I have found really, really works for a bunch of needs.

on 11/15/2007 3:00:00 AM

Great stuff!

on 11/14/2007 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin that breaks out if you look at it wrong. I love this stuff. It is lightweight and dissolves the oil in my large pores, giving my skin a more polished look. Try it on your nose first. If you don't have any negative reaction, try it on the rest of your face. In addition to being a great moisturizer, it's also great at removing makeup.

on 11/14/2007 7:33:00 PM

I love this!!! They have it at Trader Joes at around 6-7 bucks for bottle.I like it for removing eye-make-up, then apply to under-eye area at night. When I need extra moisture, I add it to my night moisture lotion as well, just spread a few drops over everything.
It's good all over after a shower, too, not slippery or sticky, which are deal-breakers for me. We have also used it on my daughter's long ultra-curly hair to smooth out tangles and add shine. Excellent all around, and so many uses.

on 11/14/2007 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Jojoba Oil (pure, not this brand) since I was about 12 years old. Ive always loved it. I have very dry skin and this totally keeps things under control. My only problem: Everytime I fall into the hype of trying a new routine I have to re-adjust to the Jojoba oil again.

My suggestion:
Use your favorite cleanser and follow with 2-3 drops of oil to wet face and palms at NIGHT

During the day use pure aloe vera under makeup (pure is best, find one with an spf but the fewer the ingredients the better). It also works as a make-up primer and youll be amazed at the results.

TIP: IF you find that Jojoba oil is NOT working for your skin, try Pure VIRGIN coconut oil. I keep both on hand because I notice ever 9-13 months or so my skin changes a tad, in which case I just switch back and forth =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I originally reviewed this product last year, and I stopped using it because i thought it was breaking me out. I started using it again because i want to use a natural moisturizer. I'm using honey to wash my face, and my skin has cleared up really quickly, and my skin seems much softer and smoother. Overall my complexion is better, but I still get dry/flaky areas around my nose and on blemishes that are healing as a result of the zeno. I started using jojoba oil again, using my fingers toapply lightly all over my face, and applying more in the evening. So far I haven't seen any new blemishes, and my skin is even better than before i started using it. I feel like with the honey/jojoba oil combination oil marks are disappearing faster and my skin doesn't look as rough and blemished. Numerous small whiteheads (or bumps beneath skin that don't come to a head) on my chin are disappearing fast where before i couldn't get rid of them no matter what I did. It does feel somewhat weird putting oil on my very oily, acne prone skin, and it does take about 10 minutes or so for it to absorb, but so far my skin is looking much better. I feel like my concealer and makeup (studio fix) also looks better. I have to use this very lightly when applying in the morning, and before applying makeup. I put a few drops in my hand and then pull small amounts and use more or less where needed. In the future i'd like to use pure 100% aloe as a daytime moisturizer for a less greasy alternative, but this works really well inspite of being oily. Will def keep using unless i suffer breakouts as a result of using this. UPDATE:
no breakouts yet except for one pimple which i believed was brought on by apple cider vinegar) and i have even stopped using the zeno (which makes the pimple very dry and flaky so that you cannot even conceal it because it will look like s***. ) in lieu of this. Helps the pimple heal very nicely without dryness, redness and in this case, it didn't even come to a head. UPDATE: after burning my face all to pieces using proactive I went back to using raw honey wash, and jojoba oil to moisturize. It repaired my skin in about a week and i continue to use it without suffereing breakouts. also, no flaky areas at all now. My skin is now looking softer and more polished. best moisturizer ever. i can't imagine not using this now. it also no longer feels greasy to me, and i love wearing it beneath my studio fix - it's a great primer. i like jojoba oil because you can also add it to anything - i add it to my eye cream, and even to makeup on occasion to make it light and creamy. and if anything, this oil helps heal acne faster rather than causing breakouts.go get it, and try it. if you break out see if it could be anything else before you stop using it. UPDATE: i got tired of using an oil on my face which took too long to absorb and was just oily in general. I now use LUSH vanishing cream which is an HG -- the best i've ever used -- and haven't touched the jojoba since. this stuff sinks in and gives a nice matte finish yet gives a lot of moisture without being greasy in the slightest.

on 11/10/2007 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is amazing. can use it anywhere from cuticles, hair to body and face. However, I just mainly use it for my face as i have already too many other HG products i'm using for other parts of my body (hair included lol...)

as for the face... I use this as a cleanser and makeup remover especially when the weather is extremely dry and when i need to take makeup off. Now i use this over eye makeup removers because 1. its organic. 2. its much more gentle to the skin and takes off makeup just as well if not better. 3. its natural with jojoba benefits (very close to human sebum and therefore does not cause irritation or breakouts)

i also use it for my lips when they are dry. works well for that too. hair, face, lips, body, nails. multi-usage which is another reason why i love this product.

Only thing i hate about this product is the packaging sucks. easy to pour more out than desired. I'm going maybe tranfer it to a dropper container (something like that of a contact lense solution container). This should eliminate that problem or leakage and over spillage when using it. otherwise just be extra careful how much you want out of that poor packaging! other than packaging disaster this a definite keeper as part of my skincare aresenal. :)!

on 11/9/2007 8:24:00 AM

I too am AMAZED by this product. I have been using so many products that my skin revolted against. I realized that my face did so much better when I kept it simple. I added this after I wash in the AM and mix two drops into my Cetaphil lotion. My makeup goes on so smoothly and my face is glowy. At night I just put a few drops on my face alternating nights with Retin A and the Aspirin mask. I was worried about adding oil to my face too, but this product seems to clear my skin and not break it out. This will be a staple in my routine FOREVER!!

on 11/9/2007 1:01:00 AM

Amazing! I wasn't too keen on applying oil on my face, but after some research and finding that is the closest thing to your skin's natural moisturizing I had to try it. I usually dry my face out due to all the BP I apply to my face to try and keep the acne away and kill the ones I have. I really enjoy the way the jojoba oil moisturizes my skin AND it is helping to purge my pores. Wonderful and multiple uses for lots of beauty routines. A staple from now on.

on 11/8/2007 4:54:00 PM

My experience with jojoba oil is just one of many reasons I love MUA so much! Who knew putting oil on your face clear your skin, remove blackheads, banish the whiteheads and give you a nice, rosy appearance? I had been searching for an alternative to AHA (it burns my skin) and BP (can't use it while pregnant and I feel like even 2.5% was over-drying my skin and aging me!), and jojoba oil seems to be the solution for me.

Here is what I have done:
1. Slowly tapered my use of BP - went from twice a day to twice a day in major problem areas to once a day and so on
2. Began washing my face with jojoba oil (wet my hands and face, mix 1 drop tea tree oil with 4-5 drops jojoba, massage on face for 2-3 minutes, steam face with wet washcloth, wipe off oil and makeup) and following up with a toner or Cetaphil
3. Switched over to only washing my face with the oil and I now realize I rarely need the toner or Cetaphil step
4. Gently pat Fruit of the Earth aloe on my face (just a small amount so not too tacky)
5. Apply Eucerin Anti-Again Q10 lotion in AM and in the PM I use 2 drops of jojoba oil.
6. A few times a week I do a honey mask or a honey/aspirin/aloe scrub

WOW!! My blackheads on my nose are almost 100% gone (still have a few stragglers), my disgusting whitehead farm on my chin is not noticeable, and only a few remain and they are on their way out! I have NOT had a single zit (which is amazing for me, even when I was on BP), and my cheeks just glow.

I have used this for 1 week. I will update later if I see more improvements or see negative results.

Try this!