August 21, 2014 | 1959 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by karafraser

Love, love, love this foundation, i cannot rave about it enough!!

I was not a huge fan of the original vitalumiere. I loved the way it made my skin looked but i hated the (in my opinion) overly shiny finish and the terrible lasting power. This foundation solves both of these problems and is basically everything that i hoped the original vitalumiere would be.

I have this in Beige Tendre and i am around NC20 in MAC for reference. This is packaged in a plastic bottle (rather than the normal glass one), i know some people don't like this but personally i quite like the packaging. It is small and compact and i can just throw it in to my bag without worrying about the lid coming off and making a mess.

This foundation is water based so it is best to shake well before you apply it or it comes out quite watery. It is worth pointing out that despite it being called Vitalumiere Aqua it is not water proof (as i originally assumed!). I use either a brush or my fingers to apply this and it goes on equally well with both. The MUA at the Chanel counter told me that this is the first foundation that they actually advise people to apply with their fingers.

Now this is definitely a light coverage foundation so it may not be for you if you need a good level of coverage. When i put it on i think it is difficult to tell that i am wearing foundation, however, it makes my skin look absolutely beautiful, radiant and flawless and best of all there is none of the shiny finish that you get with Vitalumiere. The finish of this foundation is quite hard to describe, it is almost matt but with a lovely "glow". I don't have perfect skin but i find that if i use this all over and use Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage on areas that i need coverage my skin looks perfect and it is impossible to tell that i am wearing any make up.

I don't think it is necessary to powder over this foundation although i normally do as i work quite long hours and like my make up to last. In terms of staying power this foundation surprised me. It lasts all day. I apply it around 7am and it is still in place at 5pm. It has also survived trips to the gym.

I could rave about this all day. I will repurchase this again and again. Chanel, please please do not ever discontinue this or mess with the formulation as it is absolutely perfect!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I reveiced a little sample of this and really was very excited to try it. But I have to say I wasn't very impressed.
I found it a little hard to blend as it was very watery and 'stained' my skin. I tried to blend it in my neck, but it looked patchy and somehow felt dry. It's hard to describe, but it just didn't glide on smoothly.
Once I had it on my skin it looked good. But my skin is not bad in the first place and somehow it just did not add anything to it. No glow, no refined skin..
After a few hours I saw nothing of it on my skin anymore.
It wasn't bad, but not worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ajblondie

I have searched for many years to find a foundation that I love as much as this one, I have combination skin which is a nightmare as my skin seems to absorb foundations within my t zone, not so with this product, it stays put all day which is suprising considering it is a light to medium coverage.
The packaging is a bit cheap looking which is unusual for Chanel but at least you can take this plastic little bottle anywhere with you and not worry about breaking it.
I will be buying this again once it has run out and I have recommended it to all my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by fvger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have worn this foundation for a week or so and despite the hype it left me underwhelmed. While the colour match of B20 is initially OK (me=Becca Nude, Dior Nude 021, Nars Fiji), this product oxidises to a not very flattering darker shade within 3-4 hours of wear on my combo but not super-oily skin. It hides pores well and has a natural sheen to it, but provides little or no coverage. Since I don't see a major difference with and without there is not much to recommend about this foundation. It might work for someone under 25 with perfect, normal skin...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Mina1511

THIS IS AMAZING STUFF !!!
Still in testing process but already convinced...
It applies like a dream, silky, smooth, no streaks at all. The feeling right after application is unbelievably great. It feels really moisturizing & healthy. The finish is so fantastic, it is dewy & healthy but never too shiny or oily- just perfect if you´re looking for that certain glow from within...
I´ve got combination skin with an oily t-zone & normal to dryer skin and I only had to powder once a day! Perfect!
The bottle doesn ´t look as luxurious as glass bottles,but I don´t think that this should matter when you buy a foundation. Yes, it´s on the pricey side, but it´s Chanel & the results you get with this product are worth every penny!!!
Highly recommended!!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nikanika16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have one word to describe my reaction to this product, flabergasted.
I honestly dont know how else to describe my reaction this porduct, it is absolutely amazing. I have dry flakey skin that is slightly oily in the T zone and I found this product to work wonderfully with both these. The foundation miraculusly covered my dry spots WITHOUT flaking unlike other foundations and concelers I've used. It also stayed on very well in my T zone, only rubing off slightly at the 7 hour mark which is very good. It also gave my skin a slight glow wich I absolutely love. Overal I would definatly recomend this to those who have dry skin and i will DEFINATELY be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by charissez

like the previous reviewer, i first got a sample of this in the UK glamour magazine. i rarely use foundation as i find my t-zone gets oily quickly and causes any foundation to streak. the ones that mattify and really stay put on my nose always dry my cheeks out. so i have always been in search of a light foundation. when i saw this, i was excited and couldnt wait to try it. the shade provided was beige, and it was 1/2shades too light for me. nonetheless, i used a stippling brush to put on a small amount and it didnt look too "off". it is very easy to spread and sets fairly quickly. love the silkiness of it during application. blends very very easily due to the thin consistency. i put on a thin layer of powder over it to set it and i was good to go. the foundation lasted the whole day, and gave me a very even, glowly complexion. i love it and i love the way it feels and looks. went out to get the full size in sable the next day. i think i have found my go-to HG light coverage foundation. GO CHANEL!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Sourlemonzest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in B20 from the February issue of the British magazine: Glamour, which I got last month. I quickly ripped it out in the excitement of being able to try a Chanel foundation not expecting to really like it as a much as I did.
This foundation looked like real skin; so often have I seen attempts to pass off dewy/satiny foundations as skin-like – let’s be real here, how many people have naturally (non-greasy) dewy complexions? This was the real deal; just shy of matte but with a lovely glow. The finish it gave off was indiscernible from my own skin (the patches that were in better condition at least!) Despite not being a traditional matte, the foundation lasts pretty well throughout my working day (around 8 hours - my working day that is), but I find that for my skin type, setting with oil/blotting every few hours is still required so that my skin doesn't get oily (this is an issue with my skin rather than the foundation). I would be interested to see how it fares on a hot and humid summer day.
I apply this foundation with clean hands – I prefer this method because it really allows me to blend the foundation into my skin. The foundation gives a light to medium buildable coverage, I’m currently dealing with the aftermath of my most recent hormonal breakout and this foundation (and dabbing on a little concealer) hides everything I need to hide. The foundation is a brilliant base for the rest of my makeup…I feel like everything else just blends beautifully into my foundation. As a current NC25, the B20 matches pretty well, as does the B30 shade which is slightly warmer – which would be more versatile for the use in the summer.
I have seen a few people trying to compare this to the Mac Face and Body foundation. In brief, I can see what they mean but to me they are two different animals. Chanel VA is less runny and slightly creamier, provides slightly more coverage and has a more satin-matte finish whereas the Face and Body, when unpowdered, is most accurately described as dewy.
As an added bonus, this is my daytime foundation so I really appreciate the SPF15 for when I’m feeling lazy about putting sunscreen on!
Overall I really rate this foundation but it is very pricey so I would definitely recommend anyone considering this to request a sample from their local counter before they buy!

EDIT: B20 is my closest match, B30 looks noticeably dark in harsh sunlight (although acceptable otherwise)
Also this product is fragranced so definitely sample first if you have particularly sensitive skin - my sensitive skin seems to be ok with it but I can't speak for everyone.

UPDATE one month on: I 've tried wearing this for 12 hours and it looks wonderful - I've even worn this without blotting and aside from a little shine, the foundation itself looks fresh. I've also been getting compliments on how much better I look - only to surprise people by saying that I'm wearing foundation; they didn't seem to think I was wearing anyway. I'm especially impressed because I am in the midst of a bad hormonal outbreak (yes time of the month again) and this along with studio finish concealer has gained me more compliments than when I wasn't breaking out.
This foundation doesn't break my skin out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for 4 days. I found the colour nice (NC25, B20) but the foundation has very little coverage (not a problem for me) and more importantly it's very flat....no glow, nothing. I wouldn't buy a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by mimi1806

I love this foundation. Im normally NC30 skin and I bought #40, which is less yellow than MAC foundations and matchs my skin perfectly (it tones down my yellowish Asian skin tone which I love). I've tried a lot and this is by far one of my faves (others are MUFE #123 and Chanel Matte Compact #20). Very easy to blend, sheer and natural. Coverage is much better than Chanel Vitalumiere. Dont mind for the price because it will last at least 6 months. The packaging is not very convenient its hard to get the right amount but for me its still good cause I prefer it than the glass bottle) I've not tried Guerlain Lingerie, but I think Im pleased with it right now and no need to try another one anymore. Really recommend it. Will repurchase.