October 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by LemonSherbet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have combination skin and usually by about 1pm when ive had my makeup on for a few hours, you can pretty much see your own reflection in my horribly shiny nose! However with this foundation my oily t-zone is kept at bay. I am used to using studio fix fluid (NC15) which I was tending to find would allow me to go shiny after around 2 hours and would gradually wear off and become and patchy. I had liked the coverage of studio fix (studio fix is slightly thicker and a heavier coverage) but sometimes it would get a bit cakey! Pro Longwear is not cakey at all, even when layering. It leaves a soft natural dewy finish and covers my red cheeks and flaws well. It lives up to its name, pro longwear suggests it lasts on your skin for a good while and I have found that it certainly does! After a long day at uni, my skin still looks fresh :) I will deffinatly be sticking with this one!

Oh... one more point to add... the mac assistant told me that the colours were exactly the same as for the studio fix fluid however i have found them to be slightly darker with a more yellow base. However I am paler than pale and obviously couldnt get a lighter colour as NC/NW15 is the lightest they come! NC15 is still a very good match for me so they are only very very slightly darker so dont be put off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Hoorayitscameron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, and i'll break it down as to why:

The finish: This new foundation has such a beautiful finish that distinguishes it from all of mac's other foundations--it's not as matte as studio fix fluid nor as satiny as mineralized satin finish. Although it is more on the matte side, there is just a touch of dewy glow that looks natural. I have oily skin and by all means this foundation does not exacerbate that.

Longevity: I love how long this foundation lasts! I'll apply it at 9am and when I check in the mirror at 7pm (10 hours--a normal school/work day for me), it still looks flawless! Mind you it doesn't look exactly as you first applied it, but it gets -darn- close!

Coverage: Personally I love light-to-medium (not sheer--it starts out light!) and this covers everything I need it to. It is very creamy and easy to blend. I use my mac 109 brush (spritz it with water) and it gives me a flawless finish. You can certainly build up the coverage with this foundation.

Price: For about $29-30, this product is comparable to higher end foundations that cost a lot more. This product stays on your face extremely well, there is a wide selection of colors to choose from (get samples first!), and is easy to blend.

A fantastic foundation that looks natural, feels weightless, and lasts all day. You get more in value than what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Studio Fluid Fix was getting too matte for my liking and better for the summer time. As for Pro Longwear it will be my go to foundation in the winter time. This so reminded me of Px's Virtual Skin foundation but new and improved. I got NC25 instead of my usual shade of NC30. I would say this runs a tiny tad darker and yellower. It gave me great coverage using a stiffling foundation brush, no flakies, streakiness or splotchiness. Its weightless on, moisturizing, long lasting and really budgeproof as I tested it on a white kleenex after 6 hours. It gave me the same flawless coverage as SFF but only with a natural dewiness. The SPF on longwear is SPF10. Pair this with the Pro Longwear concealer and your skin will look flawless like the models you see. I am very happy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and was very excited to try it. For reference I'm NC15, normal/combination skin with slightly oily t-zone.

I find the formulation of ProLongwear looks like a more liquid version of Studio Sculpt. It's an aqua base foundation and I found it a bit thick, and not that easy to apply. You have to work fast because it sets quite quickly. The pigmentation is excellent, as a little goes a long way, but I wouldn't describe it as medium/full coverage as one layer doesn't cover the slight redness on my cheeks at all (while Nars Sheer Glow or Clarins Everlasting do without any problem).
If you have dry areas, ProLongwear will enhance them and look bad on them, so you should avoid. It's probably better for skins on the oilier side.
I found the product didn't last that well around my nose and mouth, and it didn't stay good looking all day, so I was a bit disappointed. Plus, I don't think it does anything special for me and you do feel it on your skin.

Positive points: nice packaging and pump, SPF 10 and no alcohol in the ingredients if I remember correctly.

I wouldn't repurchase, definitely, I much prefer Clarins Everlasting, which is more beautiful and lasts much longer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So happy to have trusted MUA once again. This truly longwear foundation is incredibly easy to blend in, you hardly need to take care. It keeps my T-zone naturally matte without looking mask-like. I admit I have had a couple of spots on my forehead which is unusual and it's this product I attribute it to. Nevertheless it's so excellent otherwise, I'm prepared to deal with the occasional blocked pore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Rea123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have finally found my HG foundation for combination skin with EXTREMELY oily T-zone.

I have tried so many foundations, including, Chanel Mat Lumiere, Dior Forever, Nars Sheer Matte, Revlon Colourstay, MUFE Matte Velvet etc.

This foundation has a finish that can be made sheer or built up to a more full coverage. It is also a satin finish which I love! I like to apply it with my MAC 188 brush, however I LOVE applying it with my Sigma flat top kabuki. My face looks flawless.

I put it on at 7 am and I don't have to touch up till the lunch hour. Usually I have to touch up at around 9am. When I come home around 6pm, my face still looks great! This never happens.

I typically wear NC 35 in MAC foundations, and I find that this foundation runs a little light.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cowartgirl

I decided to treat myself to a trip to the MAC counter. I was in the market for foundation, concealer & powder. The 'artist' was so condescending & rude. The other 'artist' there was just as bad. I don't think I was hip enough for her - I'm a working mommy w/ a low maintenance style. I bought the products anyway, b/c I really wanted to try this foundation. She matched me incorrectly. The color was way too dark. The concealer was even darker! I didn't look at the bottles until I got home. The foundation is comparable to Revlon's Colorstay. Except not as good. By the end of day, it was blotchy, uneven & drying - yes I moisturized before applying foundation. Not a good look at all! Needless to say, I will be driving an hour to return the foundation & concealer. MAC has left a bad taste in my mouth from the customer service to their overpriced products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not impressed with this formula, and I can't understand why sometimes MAC gets its foundation colors right, other times it doesn't. I was not totally pleased with the color of this one on me. I'm NC44 and purchased NC45 (there is no 44 in this formula) and it just doesn't have a natural look. I'd wear EL Double Wear instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is alright, I loved it at first, but I think i was just excited to see a new foundation by MAC. Truth is, when I get others opinions, they mentioned it looked a lot less natural than what I was wearing before. It does go on with a thick consistency, and does not blend into the skin, kinda just sits on top. The color scale is kind of a nightmare because I am in between shades on this one. This does last all day, I will give it that, but I'd rather look more natural and for people to notice my nice skin without looking caked. It does grab on to dry patches, and also makes blushes go on splotchy since it is sitting more like a layer on top of my skin. Its a decent foundation, but not what I am after. I will go back to SU smoothing foundation or Armani lasting silk.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Light, yet still full coverage. I love that it covers up acne marks and my faces doesn't become a oily mess. It's so hard to find a foundation that won't slid of my face and become an oily mess. I love this.

..Stopped wearing this, I'm an NW13 and that color isn't available in the Pro Longwear. I can still wear NC15 but it takes away the natural rosy tones out of my face, making me feel just too chalky.