November 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by LadyJay43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Everyone tells me how beautiful my "skin" is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by PrincessTrizzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't consider this item my HG foundation but I do like it a lot. I reach for it more than my Revlon PhotoReady. NC35 matches me perfectly since to me, it runs a little bit lighter and i'm NC32. The pump is great and hygenic but i need about a pump and a half to fully cover my face and neck in one layer. I consider this about medium coverage because you can still see any pimples. It doesn't smell. I wish it didn't dry so fast because sometimes i'm not done blending it in and it's already "stained" on my face. Nothing fix+ on my brush can't fix. I normally use a 187 for liquid which i love but with this product i think i'll start using my 188 because it takes more work to blend in. Overall good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by krysrinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lasts at least 8 hrs on my super oily skin! Can't even believe how great this foundation is! I didn't blot once and I usually blot 5 or more times (my skin is evil) I used this over laura mercier primer (wich usually dosent help) so its gotta be that great of a foundation! And...I put it all over my skin even over my lids with no lid primer (ran out) and I have no greese crease! I'm really suprised! Great product,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by rivera25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and have been using it for the past few days. Usually an nw15 in MAC is the closest match (at a guess i would say i was between an nc/nw10-15) but for some reason there is no nw15 in this foundation. The SA said nc15 would work ok on me- i thought it would be a bit too yellow when i first saw it. Once it was on my skin it blended into my colouring quite well (a tad too dark but blended out it looked ok). I have quite oily skin but this kept me shine free for a long time; I only needed to touch up with some powder towards the end of the day. Overall a good foundation from MAC (not usually a fan of their foundations) the only fault is not having an nw15!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by incoehoots

I agree with previous reviewer this does go on dryish. I have found that a primer is necessary with it. As far as the damp sponge I use some MUFE F&B to dampen the sponge, that works well.
The upside is this does last. It will transfer to clothing though, so watch that.
The color selection with MAC is confusing at best. I got NW20 which is the lighest of the warm. Why I needed warm I don't know really but it seems to do the job of neutralizing redness. I am not used to using warm shades so the bottle seems dark, but does not look off in sunlight. Anyway I am rambling lol
I think I would buy this again, unless something else comes along and catches my wallet :)~
The only downside is a primer is needed to smooth pores and make this go on better. All in all the best I have tried in a long time or that I can remember anyway :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by FallSoShort

For other people, I can see why this foundation is HG. The color match is the closest I've ever had (NC15). And I really like the finish and lasting power. No major breakouts like I've experience with other MAC foundations. However, like some have mentioned, it accentuates flaky patches that I never realized I have. And no matter how much I exfoliate, at the end of the day, I still have them. The other reason this foundation isn't HG status is because it applies patchy. I've tried stippling with the 187 and using a damp sponge. I used this product for about two weeks, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Despite having found a foundation I love, I still feel the need to try new ones that catch my eye. I'm sure it's some sort of illness.
My last run with a MAC foundation (Studio Sculpt) was rather disappointing so I was slightly apprehensive but I still wanted to try this.
When I first pumped some out, I was a little shocked to see that, even though I ordered NC15, it had a very slight pink tinge to it. Pink toned foundations & I do not play well together. Applying it, it looked like a very odd colour until I blended it in. This is a far better match than NC15 in Studio Fix Fluid, which was too dark & way too yellow, I looked sort of jaundiced in certain lighting. SFF also made my forehead dry out, odd because it is quite oily.
Pro Longwear does dry quite quickly so it's best to apply to one area at a time & blend before moving on.
My first trial was quite horrific. I'm not sure if it didn't play nicely with my sunscreen or using a brush (the 130) or even a combination of both was the issue but it looked awful. Patchy & streaky is what came to mind. I quickly wiped it off & tried again, this time using my Beauty Blender sponge. That produced a much better result. It blended in very quickly, gave great coverage & a nice matte finish that still had a pretty glow to it. What I found odd was that, for the first 2 hours, it felt very strange. Almost sticky yet not, I'm not sure how to describe it. Once that feeling died down, it felt like I didn't really have much of anything on my face. I wore it for around 7 hours & forgot to blot but still didn't look like I'd fallen face-first into a vat of oil. Quite an impressive feat considering my t-zone does like to make its oiliness known. It also didn't cake, smudge or crease at all.
The past couple of days, I've not encountered that strange stickiness again. Yesterday I wore it for around 9 hours & only blotted once, late into the evening. Once again, no caking, smudging or creasing was evident. What I've really liked is the fact that I've not had to put on concealer on whilst wearing this and it's still covered any flaws impressively. It doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of make-up either & certainly doesn't feel like it.
I'm going to attempt application with a brush again and see how it turns out this time but if it doesn't work well, at least it applies beautifully with the Beauty Blender.
Packaging is the typical MAC glass bottle, so it's not particularly travel-friendly. There is a pump already attached, like the Mineralize Satin Finish foundation. That's great because you're not wasting foundation, it's more sanitary & you're not having to fork out extra to get a separate pump attachment.
Pro Longwear hasn't replaced my beloved Armani Lasting Silk by any means but I'm more than happy to have it around for days when I'd like a little more coverage & can't be bothered with concealer. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by LemonSherbet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! I have combination skin and usually by about 1pm when ive had my makeup on for a few hours, you can pretty much see your own reflection in my horribly shiny nose! However with this foundation my oily t-zone is kept at bay. I am used to using studio fix fluid (NC15) which I was tending to find would allow me to go shiny after around 2 hours and would gradually wear off and become and patchy. I had liked the coverage of studio fix (studio fix is slightly thicker and a heavier coverage) but sometimes it would get a bit cakey! Pro Longwear is not cakey at all, even when layering. It leaves a soft natural dewy finish and covers my red cheeks and flaws well. It lives up to its name, pro longwear suggests it lasts on your skin for a good while and I have found that it certainly does! After a long day at uni, my skin still looks fresh :) I will deffinatly be sticking with this one!

Oh... one more point to add... the mac assistant told me that the colours were exactly the same as for the studio fix fluid however i have found them to be slightly darker with a more yellow base. However I am paler than pale and obviously couldnt get a lighter colour as NC/NW15 is the lightest they come! NC15 is still a very good match for me so they are only very very slightly darker so dont be put off!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Hoorayitscameron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, and i'll break it down as to why:

The finish: This new foundation has such a beautiful finish that distinguishes it from all of mac's other foundations--it's not as matte as studio fix fluid nor as satiny as mineralized satin finish. Although it is more on the matte side, there is just a touch of dewy glow that looks natural. I have oily skin and by all means this foundation does not exacerbate that.

Longevity: I love how long this foundation lasts! I'll apply it at 9am and when I check in the mirror at 7pm (10 hours--a normal school/work day for me), it still looks flawless! Mind you it doesn't look exactly as you first applied it, but it gets -darn- close!

Coverage: Personally I love light-to-medium (not sheer--it starts out light!) and this covers everything I need it to. It is very creamy and easy to blend. I use my mac 109 brush (spritz it with water) and it gives me a flawless finish. You can certainly build up the coverage with this foundation.

Price: For about $29-30, this product is comparable to higher end foundations that cost a lot more. This product stays on your face extremely well, there is a wide selection of colors to choose from (get samples first!), and is easy to blend.

A fantastic foundation that looks natural, feels weightless, and lasts all day. You get more in value than what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Studio Fluid Fix was getting too matte for my liking and better for the summer time. As for Pro Longwear it will be my go to foundation in the winter time. This so reminded me of Px's Virtual Skin foundation but new and improved. I got NC25 instead of my usual shade of NC30. I would say this runs a tiny tad darker and yellower. It gave me great coverage using a stiffling foundation brush, no flakies, streakiness or splotchiness. Its weightless on, moisturizing, long lasting and really budgeproof as I tested it on a white kleenex after 6 hours. It gave me the same flawless coverage as SFF but only with a natural dewiness. The SPF on longwear is SPF10. Pair this with the Pro Longwear concealer and your skin will look flawless like the models you see. I am very happy.